The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:50:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208669 times)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #840 on: August 10, 2020, 21:36:58 pm »

Pearce is the one I've heard over and over, is he a genuine interest?

From what I could google up on Sowerby from Carlisle who had him on loan a season ago.

Jack Sowerby rumoured to be leaving Fleetwood, would have him back here in a heartbeat but surely he’ll find a club in L1.

Completely agree about Sowerby. We should be doing everything to get him back in January as he's everything we're lacking. He's probably the one out of himself, Yates and Nadesan who made the biggest difference to us first half of last season. One of them players who just make everything else in the side tick
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 22:56:21 pm by Welly Cobb » Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #841 on: August 10, 2020, 22:58:38 pm »

Sky also reporting Middlesborough have put in a second bid for Goode.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #842 on: August 10, 2020, 23:35:38 pm »

Whilst I get the money thing, and the “big club concept” some of the clubs mentioned don’t half seem to be going through the mangle at various points? Easy to say, but I would imagine it would be easy to plunge yourself into a nightmare at this point in time? If I was a player I wouldn’t want to end my career regretting turning down the opportunity of a perceived big move, but even so some of these lads should proceed with caution if you ask me? Whilst I wouldn’t call Gillingham a big club I reckon Vadaine is a prime candidate to have moved for money, only to have a bite taken out of his ar5e from what I have been reading? Might be worth Goode staying put for a year until all this uncertainty is over, it may just be the smart thing to do?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #843 on: August 11, 2020, 06:30:55 am »

Sky also reporting Middlesborough have put in a second bid for Goode.

Sky Sports:
"BORO MAKE IMPROVED GOODE BID
Middlesbrough have made an improved offer for Northampton Town captain Charlie Goode.
Last month, the Teeside club had a £500,000 bid rejected, as it was deemed short of Northampton’s valuation of the player.
A number of other Championship sides remain keen on the 25-year-old centre-back."
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #844 on: August 11, 2020, 07:13:44 am »

Pearce is the one I've heard over and over, is he a genuine interest?

From what I could google up on Sowerby from Carlisle who had him on loan a season ago.

Sorry, which Pearce are you referring to? If we’re looking at sowerby it would presumably involve a fee as he’s under contract with Fleetwood?
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #845 on: August 11, 2020, 07:34:52 am »

Personally think the Krystian Pearce link is a bulls*** twitter rumour without substance
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #846 on: August 11, 2020, 07:48:12 am »

Personally think the Krystian Pearce link is a bulls*** twitter rumour without substance

Have you heard anything about any centre backs we may be interested in?
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 11, 2020, 08:03:31 am »

Have you heard anything about any centre backs we may be interested in?

No names at the minute, told that there’s a lot going on at the minute
Report Spam   Logged
Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #848 on: August 11, 2020, 08:19:38 am »

I just read on the Keith Curle thread the word ‘messiah’
At the moment that title belongs to you Ntfclad - we are hanging on your words more than any from the club at the moment my friend

Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 11, 2020, 08:32:49 am »

At the moment that title belongs to you Ntfclad - we are hanging on your words more than any from the club at the moment my friend

I’m bound to get some wrong soon
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #850 on: August 11, 2020, 08:39:22 am »

He’s more of a pariah than messiah as far as I am concerned? Won’t tell me who he is, who his source is, nothing! There’s been a couple on here boasting they know the answers to both, it’s getting right on my nerves. Somebody put me out of my misery please?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #851 on: August 11, 2020, 08:49:33 am »

Maybe he needs to remain anonymous in order to continue getting the information......
He really is in the know in a way the rest of the supporters and forum readers are not.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 11, 2020, 09:26:43 am »

He’s more of a pariah than messiah as far as I am concerned? Won’t tell me who he is, who his source is, nothing! There’s been a couple on here boasting they know the answers to both, it’s getting right on my nerves. Somebody put me out of my misery please?

There’s no chance of me letting on who tells me stuff. It comes from a couple of different places and the proof of the pudding is in whether what I pass on happens. You can make your own judgement from that I simply post what I’m hearing from people! I’m not all knowing and Im certain I don’t know everything that’s going on. I only post what I hear because the Facebook and Twitter rumours drive me up the wall (the ex-agent accounts).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:28:36 am by ntfclad » Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #853 on: August 11, 2020, 09:29:44 am »

ntfclad keep doing what your doing, it's very much appreciated by all!  Smiley

Now, anything gonna happen today? Any idea if the alleged new Middlesboro bid for Charlie is nearer to the £1M we're holding our for?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #854 on: August 11, 2020, 09:55:12 am »

If only Netflix did a Cobblers Till I Die.
The thought of Ntfclad barging into a board meeting..."Only Meee"!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #855 on: August 11, 2020, 09:56:06 am »

There’s no chance of me letting on who tells me stuff. It comes from a couple of different places and the proof of the pudding is in whether what I pass on happens. You can make your own judgement from that I simply post what I’m hearing from people! I’m not all knowing and Im certain I don’t know everything that’s going on. I only post what I hear because the Facebook and Twitter rumours drive me up the wall (the ex-agent accounts).
Agree with that. I actually find it a bit sad that people are going out of their way for a bit of recognition / faux importance. We've also had plenty of ITK on here. You seem to be the first who actually backs it up!

One of the accounts on Goode confirmed 500k, then confirm 1m, now saying its complicated. Will be even more complicated if the boro rumours are true.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 11, 2020, 09:57:05 am »

Me doorstepping Keith Curle every day at training ‘WHO NEXT KEITH?!’
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #857 on: August 11, 2020, 10:00:10 am »

ntfclad keep doing what your doing, it's very much appreciated by all!  Smiley

Now, anything gonna happen today? Any idea if the alleged new Middlesboro bid for Charlie is nearer to the £1M we're holding our for?
It's obviously nearer to a million than the original...hardly likely to decrease the offer!

Given that the first Boro bid was £500,000, can't see any way they would double to the magical £1 million mark. Logically, would think £750,000 would be the next marker - given NTFC's stance.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #858 on: August 11, 2020, 10:16:57 am »

They could do a piece with Beds up on the hill  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #859 on: August 11, 2020, 10:28:09 am »

ntfclad never come on here claiming to be more ITK or facted up, just shared what he'd heard for our benefit

Don't listen to anyone else mate, just do your thing. Its appreciated by many!

I keep trying to figure out the pattern for these twitter account rumours, seemingly one will post something and then a load of others then take their 'info' from other bogus accounts. There's a few now all sharing the name Jack Sowerby but I'm sure their all just sharing each others rumours rather than having any real tangible idea.

Not a player I'm that familiar with but I think Curles recruitment has been largely very, very good so would back pretty much anyone he brings in now!

Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: