The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 19:02:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 209557 times)
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #940 on: August 13, 2020, 18:43:48 pm »

I'm being told that Omar Beccles is expected to sign tomorrow. Also that Charlie Goode was at QPR today.
We wait with bated breathe.

In this climate if Goode did move for a decent fee it would be a massive boost for the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #941 on: August 13, 2020, 19:05:59 pm »

I'm being told that Omar Beccles is expected to sign tomorrow. Also that Charlie Goode was at QPR today.
We wait with bated breathe.
Goode was at training today, the club official twitter even tweeted it, so I think the other part may be unreliable too.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #942 on: August 13, 2020, 19:19:03 pm »

Goode was at training today, the club official twitter even tweeted it, so I think the other part may be unreliable too.

If the club tweeted it, it must be true  Shocked

No pictures of him training.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #943 on: August 13, 2020, 19:27:14 pm »

The day is long enough for him to be at training and also at QPR. London is pretty close and I would think he would prefer QPR to Middlesborough, he was born at Watford and before playing for Sc***horpe played for Hendon and Hayes.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #944 on: August 13, 2020, 19:36:01 pm »

what if goode left and we replaced him with better? what if we got better than morton on loan? what if we got better than wharton on loan?..................the highest they have played is league 2 - so why wouldnt we be able to find better?

There wouldn’t be a huge queue of clubs willing to pay very good money for Goode if there was much of a chance with our resources we could replace him with better, possible but ridiculously unlikely. Wherever Morton ends up this season I think he will be a star. As for Wharton I really like him and think he’s a good player but replacing him with equal or better is more of a possibility.

If we replace all three with better, I’d give our recruitment team all 10 year contracts!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 19:57:56 pm by Winslow Lee » Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #945 on: August 13, 2020, 19:55:24 pm »

Joe Walsh who was being mentioned on here has joined Lincoln and Ollie Hawkins is in talks with Ipswich.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #946 on: August 13, 2020, 20:06:42 pm »

Ohhhh dear ! I heard he was at Sixfields today too. Whether he found the time to visit QPR is another matter.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3355

« Reply #947 on: August 13, 2020, 23:06:52 pm »

Why all the fuss? He will obviously get sold.

Relax and go for a sail.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #948 on: August 13, 2020, 23:41:56 pm »

What do we think the market value is for Wharton and Morton? (And take COVID into account before you just tell me what Football Manager says!)

Just thinking ahead, if Goode did go for £1m...
- 200k cash bid for Wharton in this climate may be enough to take him permanently? I assume wages will not be too far out of reach.
- I suspect Morton would be far too much, but no harm waiving 500k under WBA's nose with a hefty percentage of next sale and/or buy back clause to test if they really feel he has EPL potential. Failing that, use the cash to get a proven L1 goal scorer or someone with potential like Morton.
- 200k for a Goode replacement (if we can't get one free).
- And 100k in the bank to support wages.

Could leave us in a much stronger position overall out of loosing Goode. Thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #949 on: August 14, 2020, 00:14:49 am »

But is Goode worth 5x more than Wharton?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #950 on: August 14, 2020, 04:27:01 am »

That’s a fair point but to add balance the season is 3 weeks away.

Our off season dealings are revolving around whether or not Goode stays....
Whether we can get Morton back on loan
Whether we can get Wharton back on loan

We haven’t got a bloody clue if any of these will happen and the season is 3 weeks away...,

It’d be nice to have a couple of friendlies with our first game starting 11 playing wouldn’t it ??

We are basing all our dealings around what other clubs decide to do at the end of the window and imo it’s a recipe for disaster.

Get some permanent players in assuming that we won’t get either back and if we do it’ll be a bonus.
Waiting around wishing and hoping while others are playing friendlies and getting ready for next season is just daft.

Give clubs a deadline to sign Goode and get some decent standard players signed.

The way we are going we will still be playing friendlies in October.
Mr 'panic panic' Shoemaker can I play you at poker?

If we were the only club using our strategy then you might have some kudos to your opinion BUT look around at all the other clubs because they are doing similar!

I have confidence in our proven professional recruitment team rather than your 'panic' negative amateur opinion!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 14, 2020, 05:46:38 am »

I don’t   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #952 on: August 14, 2020, 07:09:55 am »

What do we think the market value is for Wharton and Morton? (And take COVID into account before you just tell me what Football Manager says!)

- 200k cash bid for Wharton in this climate may be enough to take him permanently? I assume wages will not be too far out of reach.
- I suspect Morton would be far too much, but no harm waiving 500k under WBA's nose with a hefty percentage of next sale and/or buy back clause to test if they really feel he has EPL potential. Failing that, use the cash to get a proven L1 goal scorer or someone with potential like Morton.

Could leave us in a much stronger position overall out of loosing Goode. Thoughts?

I agree with this to a degree - I know there’s an element of football manager about it but if/when we get the money for Goode we need to do what p**h do and reinvest it in promising young talent so it becomes self sustaining and it doesn’t become a once in a blue moon thing. Once Goode goes, looking at the squad as it stands the only players that have potential sell on value are the likes of McWilliams, pollock and Roberts but only if they push on and develop.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 14, 2020, 07:47:07 am »

But is Goode worth 5x more than Wharton?

Shhhhh don't tell the Championship teams!
I had them fairly equal, but one grabs the headlines and therefore the price tag. I think when Wharton grows into his body like Goode has, they'll be very similar.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #954 on: August 14, 2020, 08:08:27 am »

Curle will be lucky to see a quarter of what QPR are paying for Goode.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #955 on: August 14, 2020, 08:25:36 am »

Shhhhh don't tell the Championship teams!
I had them fairly equal, but one grabs the headlines and therefore the price tag. I think when Wharton grows into his body like Goode has, they'll be very similar.
Grows into his body. I like that.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 14, 2020, 08:59:21 am »

Curle will be lucky to see a quarter of what QPR are paying for Goode.
They haven’t spent any of last years 900k windfall on signings yet so what makes you think any of the Goode money will be reinvested  Roll Eyes ?

I wish the 250k fa cup bonus money had to be spent on a player in the same way there was a scheme a couple of years back , that way it would be for the benefit of the club and fans rather than failing even to be mentioned on the clubs official site , brushed under the carpet , never mentioned again (I assume it actually made it onto the end of year accounts?)

Instead we are treated to the old ‘we can’t compete for our top targets because we can’t afford the wages ‘ mantra....

It really is a load of old bo**ocks when you think about it.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #957 on: August 14, 2020, 09:00:16 am »

You play way to much football manager Smiley
I literally have no idea what goes through peoples heads when thinking about  our club, its mental.
'No harm in waving 500k under WBA nose'
'100k to support wages' (I suppose Mortons playing for toffee apples)

Words fail me
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #958 on: August 14, 2020, 09:15:28 am »

You play way to much football manager Smiley
I literally have no idea what goes through peoples heads when thinking about  our club, its mental.
'No harm in waving 500k under WBA nose'
'100k to support wages' (I suppose Mortons playing for toffee apples)

Words fail me

I don't know what you mean. If I got a windfall at a time of great financial uncertainty I'd definitely spùnk 90% the moment it hit my bank account.

Why wouldn't you...?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 14, 2020, 09:17:01 am »

When we signed Marvin sordell we were told we missed out on targets and would invest in strikers next window....

We ended the season with Oliver who would’ve been on £500 a week at Morecambe and a lad who was on loan in non league football at bromsgrove.

Now posters are claiming we were breaking the bank by having them!!!

The reason they were here is BECAUSE they WERE on peanuts (unless bromsgrove suddenly had a mega rich benefactor)

The reason they are not here now is because they will want league one wages in order to play for us and KC has explained we will be offering peanuts (by league one and upper league two)+ extra money if you hit targets....

Vadaine was obviously offered league one  money by Gillingham rather than a low wage that MAY be topped up and it was a no brainer.

This would be understandable if we had no extra revenue but 900k last year and 1mlllion for Goode and yet we won’t invest any in the quality of player needed in league one (especially proven strikers)

I’m sorry but I can’t help but feel as fans we are being led up the garden path to the area where the mushrooms are grown.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: