The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:50:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208675 times)
guest3386

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1000 on: August 14, 2020, 14:06:35 pm »

To be fair he is a direct replacement for Goode.
Are the cobblers cloning these defenders!

He looks decent.

Morrison’s.  Grin

I dunno i'd say he is verging on sainsburys
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1001 on: August 14, 2020, 14:14:16 pm »

Apparently Wolves and QPR were after him in 2018.

Seems a decent player.

I’d be interested to know what happened to him and his career over the last couple of years if he was rated at £200k and attracted wolves and qpr in 2018 and ended up at Macclesfield.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1002 on: August 14, 2020, 14:15:04 pm »

I see we are back to plundering the bottom of the football league for players, if I’m honest he doesn’t look like he is blessed with pace but certainly can pass a decent ball.
Is he a better replacement than Turnbull? not a chance.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1003 on: August 14, 2020, 14:21:50 pm »

I see we are back to plundering the bottom of the football league for players, if I’m honest he doesn’t look like he is blessed with pace but certainly can pass a decent ball.

you have literally just described him as the same player as turnbull then said he isn't a replacement for him.

that said, the only person who thought turnbull was a footballer and not a defender was turnbull...................its why he has once again ended up at a league 2 team - big fish, small pond. Bang average centre half.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1004 on: August 14, 2020, 14:28:04 pm »

I always wondered what Woody was short for, that’s cleared that up then?

Leave him Melly  - Jacinda has let him down big time!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #1005 on: August 14, 2020, 15:06:18 pm »

Yet, he's probably on a quarter of what Turnbull was...get with reality and the current state of lower league football  Roll Eyes

Good housekeeping as per by KC  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
redders69

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 14, 2020, 15:29:47 pm »

Not expecting anything.

A bigger question now, does 1 signing constitute a busy week? (Asking for a friend)  Grin

George Friend 🤷‍♂️
Report Spam   Logged

SIXFIELDS IS MY CHURCH!
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1007 on: August 14, 2020, 15:42:47 pm »

I see we are back to plundering the bottom of the football league for players

Lets not forget that Macclesfield were deducted 17 points and would have finished 16th under normal circumstances. They conceded 47 goals, which is only 4 more than promoted Crewe.

I think this could be a very decent signing. Curle has proven that he can develop centre backs and hopefully this guy can be the next Goode/Pierre.

What we need is some experience alongside him. In an ideal world of course that would come in the form of Goode but obviously that's looking increasingly unlikely.  From a more realistic perspective, I'd like to see us sign an experienced centre back and leader and also a third centre back with pace. We would also need at least one more to provide back up/competition for places.

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #1008 on: August 14, 2020, 15:50:00 pm »

I see we are back to plundering the bottom of the football league for players?

Well Graham Carr did a pretty good job on that one
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #1009 on: August 14, 2020, 16:28:41 pm »

It is so easy spending KT and DB's money.I am so glad you have no say in the running of the club.

Stick to your keyboard and the fantasy football manager and leave the real world to the professionals!
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #1010 on: August 14, 2020, 16:33:35 pm »

remember when we did that with JJOT.....

also remember when you moaned about us signing Morton
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 14, 2020, 18:30:52 pm »

It is so easy spending KT and DB's money.I am so glad you have no say in the running of the club.

Stick to your keyboard and the fantasy football manager and leave the real world to the professionals!
That’s just it though, it’s not just KT and DB’s money is it?
It’s the season ticket holders and sponsors money that expect a competitive L1 team and right now we are a mile away from that.
We need some experience and a marquee signing.....
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 14, 2020, 18:32:18 pm »

remember when we did that with JJOT.....

also remember when you moaned about us signing Morton
Morton looked terrible in his first few games Fact.
I give you he came very good to such an extent that he will never play for us again.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobbler151

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 14, 2020, 18:45:42 pm »

Morton looked terrible in his first few games Fact.
I give you he came very good to such an extent that he will never play for us again.

You also said James Collins was poor, which also didn't age well. Maybe judging strikers is not your thing ay.

Regarding Morton not looking like a world beater in his first 5 seconds, he is young, had been out injured and  was playing in a new team? If you know everything about football, like your statements seem  to indicate you do, you will know some players sometimes need to adjust.

I recommend listening to bit of Bob Marley...Positive Vibrations, might help.

Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1014 on: August 14, 2020, 18:53:31 pm »

Macclesfield triggered a 1 year extension to Horsfall's contract in June but it was null and void if they got relegated thus no fee. It seems KC would appear to consider he can progress his career with us similarly to Goode. The lad appears to have the ambition to push on and further his career and trusting KC's transfer record to date I doubt this horse falls at the first hurdle.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 14, 2020, 19:02:25 pm »

David Cornell signing 2 year deal at Ipswich with option of 3rd year.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #1016 on: August 14, 2020, 19:02:50 pm »

I dunno i'd say he is verging on sainsburys

Definitely Morrisons.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 14, 2020, 19:17:30 pm »

You also said James Collins was poor, which also didn't age well. Maybe judging strikers is not your thing ay.

Regarding Morton not looking like a world beater in his first 5 seconds, he is young, had been out injured and  was playing in a new team? If you know everything about football, like your statements seem  to indicate you do, you will know some players sometimes need to adjust.

I recommend listening to bit of Bob Marley...Positive Vibrations, might help.

Being a miserable c*** gets me out of bed in the morning.
When your my age you’ll be no different.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobbler151

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 14, 2020, 19:48:51 pm »

I look forward to it
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 14, 2020, 19:59:45 pm »

It would seem pointless to pontificate over future signings as so far we have signed 4 players and not 1 got a mention on here before they signed, nobody had a clue.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: