The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:58:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208697 times)
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2260 on: September 14, 2020, 18:14:39 pm »

You have to think this. We're following France, Spain and others as positive tests per day increase rapidly meaning more restrictions to come. I'd be very worried for some of our rival's finances.

I’m convinced that our strategy is to keep finances on a shoe string on the assumption that some of those around us will fall foul and be punished.

Wait for it to blow over and build again.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2261 on: September 14, 2020, 18:24:30 pm »

I'd be interested to know how much money I-follow makes us. Only £10 not £22, but do you get it for both away and home games? How many people do we get watching vs real attendance
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #2262 on: September 14, 2020, 18:46:26 pm »

I’m convinced that our strategy is to keep finances on a shoe string on the assumption that some of those around us will fall foul and be punished.

Wait for it to blow over and build again.

To be honest I think that's a pretty sound strategy!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2263 on: September 14, 2020, 19:14:00 pm »

Won’t there be some kind of bail out at some point though - I’m not saying there should be but it could mean that clubs who haven’t been as prudent as us might benefit in the long run?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2264 on: September 14, 2020, 20:09:41 pm »

It won’t effect us...... Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #2265 on: September 14, 2020, 20:13:35 pm »

Well you've convinced me Shoey. Good news is on its way  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2266 on: September 14, 2020, 21:51:43 pm »

Won’t there be some kind of bail out at some point though - I’m not saying there should be but it could mean that clubs who haven’t been as prudent as us might benefit in the long run?
From who?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: September 15, 2020, 07:59:22 am »

From who?

I’m sure I’ve read that the premier league we’re being asked for some kind of bail out but there were possibly strings attached which made it pretty unappealing.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2268 on: September 15, 2020, 08:28:52 am »

I’m sure I’ve read that the premier league we’re being asked for some kind of bail out but there were possibly strings attached which made it pretty unappealing.

Can you please advise your sources as this Is interesting info?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #2269 on: September 15, 2020, 08:30:01 am »

At the moment we have absolutely no idea when anyone will be allowed in the ground . It could be well into next year .
On that basis , I can understand the prudent approach to transfers . Who knows how long we can survive this .
If Portsmouth can pay the likes of Michael Jacobs with no one coming into the stadium they are taking a risk unless they are backed by a benefactor
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #2270 on: September 15, 2020, 08:30:38 am »

Well you've convinced me Shoey. Good news is on its way  Cheesy

Look forward to some vaguely good news appearing at some point in the next 18 months.
Be sure to take credit Shoey.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2271 on: September 15, 2020, 08:52:46 am »

At the moment we have absolutely no idea when anyone will be allowed in the ground . It could be well into next year .
On that basis , I can understand the prudent approach to transfers . Who knows how long we can survive this .
If Portsmouth can pay the likes of Michael Jacobs with no one coming into the stadium they are taking a risk unless they are backed by a benefactor
I mean, they'll still be limited to the wage cap, which I'd imagine theyd comfortably support with their attendances - ground open or not, seasom tickets and ifollow should give them that.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2272 on: September 15, 2020, 09:09:34 am »

The wage cap puts any established team at a huge advantage compared to a side that wants to play money ball after the cap for a couple of seasons. 

My understanding is that any existing contract counts as £1,500 pw.

Signed this window
Player A - £4,000 pw
Player B - £4,000 pw
Player C - £4,000 pw
Total against wage cap - £12,000 pw - £624,000 pa

Existing contract
Player A - £4,000 pw (counts as £1,500)
Player B - £4,000 pw (counts as £1,500)
Player C - £4,000 pw (counts as £1,500)
Total against wage cap - £4,500 PW - £234,000 pa

The bigger clubs ala Portsmouth, Sunderland and Ipswich will not really be affect by this cap when it comes to existing contracts. It's when those run down they are going to have issues maintaining their squad strength or if they are trying to make high profile signings now. Although many will have a fair bit to play with because of this £1.5k rule.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:12:20 am by Gen.Disorda » Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: September 15, 2020, 09:13:39 am »

Every club is aware of the financial situation, this it not exclusive to football.

I would be very annoyed if clubs were to gamble and get bailed out when others have managed them selves correctly. Any bail out should come with a hefty point deduction and potential relegation.
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: September 15, 2020, 09:14:03 am »

Aren’t Portsmouth owned by the CEO of Disney - I think it’s fair to say he’s probably got a few quid? Sorry Evers you’re going to have to do your own research, like I said I can’t even recall if that was the case I was just wondering if anyone knew. (Edit - just google football league bail out and it comes up - sorry I don’t know how to embed links).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:17:28 am by Irchy cob » Report Spam   Logged
Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #2275 on: September 15, 2020, 09:56:45 am »

Every club is aware of the financial situation, this it not exclusive to football.

I would be very annoyed if clubs were to **** and get bailed out when others have managed them selves correctly. Any bail out should come with a hefty point deduction and potential relegation.

If enough teams need bailing out we could find ourselves in the Prem by default  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: September 15, 2020, 10:02:24 am »

If enough teams need bailing out we could find ourselves in the Prem by default  Grin

That would be the most Cobblers thing ever  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Wattie

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2277 on: September 15, 2020, 10:32:46 am »

That would be the most Cobblers thing ever  Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin yep, sometimes you couldn't make up the things this club has been through over the years
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: September 15, 2020, 10:43:04 am »

Grin Grin yep, sometimes you couldn't make up the things this club has been through over the years

I had a training session where we had too tell two stories about something we loved, I did the 15/16 season , and the rise to rise to division 1 and back to 4. People were literally in awe  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #2279 on: September 15, 2020, 12:28:49 pm »

Just saw KC iFollow Bristol City interview

Said we are 'getting closer' on a few new signings

Has a few more meetings with players in the books

Think were in a queue of transfers where someone needs to move to set off a domino effect of movement
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: