The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:52:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208605 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2440 on: September 23, 2020, 13:49:42 pm »

Such a flippant comment on other peoples livelihood's and with furlough ending soon and volume of potential redundancies as a result of that, pretty insensitive post. You aren't the bloke running Weatherspoons are you, as a minimum you must be a true Thatcherite?

If that was the boards attitude some players agents would be clambering to take the club for early contract termination fees plus be all over the press with bad publicity for the club ensuring we struggle to get players going forward.

You might be right about not signing any more players but your creditability sinks to a new low

Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #2441 on: September 23, 2020, 21:05:55 pm »

Such a flippant comment on other peoples livelihood's and with furlough ending soon and volume of potential redundancies as a result of that, pretty insensitive post. You aren't the bloke running Weatherspoons are you, as a minimum you must be a true Thatcherite?

If that was the boards attitude some players agents would be clambering to take the club for early contract termination fees plus be all over the press with bad publicity for the club ensuring we struggle to get players going forward.

You might be right about not signing any more players but your creditability sinks to a new low
Not flippant at all .
The reality is that football is in a perilous position with an uncertain future .
The club has to safeguard itself financially . This could well mean curtailing further spending on players and potential cost cutting in all areas .
The football club is no different to any business in these times .
Quite why you are so surprised or taken aback by that statement , I fail to see .
It’s happening across the entire country .
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: September 23, 2020, 21:25:29 pm »

Not flippant at all .
The reality is that football is in a perilous position with an uncertain future .
The club has to safeguard itself financially . This could well mean curtailing further spending on players and potential cost cutting in all areas .
The football club is no different to any business in these times .
Quite why you are so surprised or taken aback by that statement , I fail to see .
It’s happening across the entire country .

B&S in a legal sense you are certainly correct. The Directors are required by company law to run the business as a going concern which in these times of substantially reduced revenues means cutting costs unless they are prepared to invest further funds (or other's are prepared to do so). I would imagine that your reference to redundancies caused the reaction. Whilst the company is deemed solvent it is obliged to honour the player's contracts in full unless they agree otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged
Wattie

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2443 on: September 24, 2020, 07:59:39 am »

B&S in a legal sense you are certainly correct. The Directors are required by company law to run the business as a going concern which in these times of substantially reduced revenues means cutting costs unless they are prepared to invest further funds (or other's are prepared to do so). I would imagine that your reference to redundancies caused the reaction. Whilst the company is deemed solvent it is obliged to honour the player's contracts in full unless they agree otherwise.

It was the redundancy comment that set me off, too close to my heart and am expecting so many friends to be receiving consultation or redundancy letters very.  I had no issue with not signing anymore players or looking to get players off the books to save money, in fact I am surprised we have bought so many in without offloading others, I have said for the whole summer that our signings should be of a cost to protect the clubs future, not spending silly money on players.

I just think there are so many other areas to explore before the club considers redundancies whether it be players or staff.

Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #2444 on: September 24, 2020, 08:38:26 am »

It was the redundancy comment that set me off, too close to my heart and am expecting so many friends to be receiving consultation or redundancy letters very.  I had no issue with not signing anymore players or looking to get players off the books to save money, in fact I am surprised we have bought so many in without offloading others, I have said for the whole summer that our signings should be of a cost to protect the clubs future, not spending silly money on players.

I just think there are so many other areas to explore before the club considers redundancies whether it be players or staff.

We've released/sold 15 or 16 players I think & at least two of those (Turnbull & Waters) were on very decent money...

We've only bought in 10 so far...

I think it's already pretty good housekeeping by KC

We are in good hands as no other manager would be so careful with our transfer budget
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2445 on: September 24, 2020, 09:16:57 am »

Ultimately, it's in KT/DB's interests more than anyone else not to overreach and it's their final decision on transfers too. I don't think we need to worry too much, especially if you read KT's latest comments on the subject.

Edit. The comments I was referring to below:

"I think we're still looking at bringing in a defender and a forward but there is going to be a challenge, which doesn't necessarily impact us as much because we set our budget up in a way that accommodated this,"
"...we have money in the budget and we're not changing that after Tuesday's news because we intend to see that through."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 09:21:12 am by claretparrot » Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #2446 on: September 24, 2020, 09:18:59 am »

Just seen the gaffer at the ground... looked busy on the phone Wink
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 09:22:40 am by cobbler151 » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: September 24, 2020, 09:29:35 am »

It was the redundancy comment ...etc

Which are ?
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #2448 on: September 24, 2020, 10:14:14 am »

We'd be crazy to add to the wage bill at the moment and I'm sure there are some people (sadly) twitching in the NTFC family, if no-one has been released already. That Goode money came at the right time.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: September 24, 2020, 10:22:21 am »

We'd be crazy to add to the wage bill at the moment and I'm sure there are some people (sadly) twitching in the NTFC family, if no-one has been released already. That Goode money came at the right time.

Probably best time to buy a player or two. Personally will support the club if they do do provided players are good and within the budget😎
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #2450 on: September 24, 2020, 10:25:23 am »

To be honest I am genuinely shocked we haven’t seen a couple of clubs go bang already? Given the number of clubs who’s financial position was described as critical pre-covid, it’s baffling me? I am actually starting to wonder if their isn’t a bit of managing expectations going on, like undisclosed transfers? I’m sure it’s not the case because finances are so open to scrutiny, but it is slightly puzzling?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest49

« Reply #2451 on: September 24, 2020, 10:28:08 am »

Probably best time to buy a player or two. Personally will support the club if they do do provided players are good and within the budget😎

If you have a spare couple of grand a week I'm sure there are some worthier causes  Grin

Joking aside, if push comes to shove in the future I hope that elusive local consortium still have deep pockets.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2452 on: September 24, 2020, 10:43:09 am »

To be honest I am genuinely shocked we haven’t seen a couple of clubs go bang already? Given the number of clubs who’s financial position was described as critical pre-covid, it’s baffling me? I am actually starting to wonder if their isn’t a bit of managing expectations going on, like undisclosed transfers? I’m sure it’s not the case because finances are so open to scrutiny, but it is slightly puzzling?
Fcuk me Melly you are beginning to make me look like a happy clapper 👏😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #2453 on: September 24, 2020, 13:17:22 pm »

How long would it take to build up debts of 500k +? Genuine question as I would imagine a lot of clubs debts are building but being 'managed'. The winding up petition on NTFC took time to build, as would have the ones for Macclesfield etc.
It wont be long, especially now with the fan trials stopped that a few will break I imagine. Probably be 4-5 at the same time.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: September 24, 2020, 15:19:27 pm »

How long would it take to build up debts of 500k +? Genuine question as I would imagine a lot of clubs debts are building but being 'managed'. The winding up petition on NTFC took time to build, as would have the ones for Macclesfield etc.
It wont be long, especially now with the fan trials stopped that a few will break I imagine. Probably be 4-5 at the same time.
We turnover 4 million a year and given that the owners put in 5 million over 5 years a fairly rough guide is that it costs 5 million a year to run NTFC. That’s £416,666.66 a month with zero income. Of course there will still be some revenue streams, so it depends what percentage of income is related to gate receipts? Even if it was half, and I don’t believe it is that much, it would take just over 10 weeks. It’s probably nearer 6 weeks.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: September 24, 2020, 15:22:11 pm »

Fcuk me Melly you are beginning to make me look like a happy clapper 👏😂
I’m Mr Brightside Manny. If we go bust there’s a fair chance the East Stand will eventually get bulldozerd, every cloud?
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2456 on: September 24, 2020, 16:07:03 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/curle-we-want-players-hunger-and-quality-not-journeymen-after-payday-2982240
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: September 24, 2020, 16:31:24 pm »

I’m Mr Brightside Manny. If we go bust there’s a fair chance the East Stand will eventually get bulldozerd, every cloud?

Can we stick to thread title chaps  -  its one of life's few remaining pleasures to read of exciting rumours on here.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2458 on: September 24, 2020, 16:49:39 pm »

After reading this I fully expect David nugent to sign tomorrow  Roll Eyes Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2459 on: September 24, 2020, 19:02:35 pm »

Callum Morton dropped to the bench at the weekend and tonight is out of the squad  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: