The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:26:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208518 times)
Carton Lid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #2620 on: October 10, 2020, 22:02:52 pm »

The answer to our goal drought over the last 3 games may be a signing away ....
JJ Hooper scored a brace today against Notts County.
Gotta be worth a punt???!!!
If we signed JJ Hooper again that would put him up there along side NTFC legends like Frank Large, Scott McGleish and Bayo who we've all resigned wouldn't it ?

Well we all needed a laugh tonight don't we  Grin Grin Grin Sad
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2621 on: October 12, 2020, 19:14:18 pm »

JJ Hooper has already had 2 spells here so must have earned legitimacy to be recognised as a legend. I  had difficulty keeping tabs on his goal tally. It always makes me laugh at home games when I see a fan with JJ's name on the back.

As mentioned previously current transfers are going through at snail pace. This will all change on transfer deadline day when clubs go mad trying to make last minute deals and getting players registered on time. The window has been open for months yet we get this absurbity every window.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2622 on: October 13, 2020, 10:47:10 am »

Tom Huddlestone, age 33, looking for somewhere to play.  Could be our McCormack for the season?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2623 on: October 13, 2020, 11:05:35 am »

Tom Huddlestone, age 33, looking for somewhere to play.  Could be our McCormack for the season?
He's the sort of player we need, only problem is that he is even more injury prone than McCormack.
Like your idea though  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: October 13, 2020, 11:10:05 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/curle-cobblers-right-place-add-squad-fridays-deadline-3001485
Spunk what’s left of the money on a captain and leader ex championship Center half to organise the shambles in front of him.
The goals we have conceded are all very preventable with the right organisation.
If I’m being greedy we need a target man too.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2625 on: October 13, 2020, 11:20:52 am »

I am pleased to see that we have moved on from jigsaws to dominoes....tangible progress this season!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest2995

« Reply #2626 on: October 13, 2020, 12:11:45 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/curle-cobblers-right-place-add-squad-fridays-deadline-3001485
Spunk what’s left of the money on a captain and leader ex championship Center half to organise the shambles in front of him.
The goals we have conceded are all very preventable with the right organisation.
If I’m being greedy we need a target man too.
Send no more money whatsoever , get better use out of what we have , develop some of the youth players that have promised so much but so far delivered precious little and then see if we are still around at the end of the season when others are going to the wall
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2627 on: October 13, 2020, 13:45:14 pm »

Good to see we are relying on clubs going bust to stay up
That says everything....

What if there’s a bailout and no one goes bust....
Won’t we have made a terrible mistake then.....
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #2628 on: October 13, 2020, 14:12:23 pm »

Nuttall....any ideas? as no reporter seems bothered asking KC the question!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #2629 on: October 13, 2020, 14:42:49 pm »

Nuttall....any ideas? as no reporter seems bothered asking KC the question!  Roll Eyes

KC said a player was suffering from "illness", and as everyone else was fit on Saturday (except Pollock), Nuttall must be the one suffering from illness. Probably.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: October 13, 2020, 15:09:03 pm »

Send no more money whatsoever , get better use out of what we have , develop some of the youth players that have promised so much but so far delivered precious little and then see if we are still around at the end of the season when others are going to the wall
I’m not sure Keith is capable to be honest, but you never know, his obsession with playing the utterly useless Smith will be his downfall though.
As Shoey has said, hoping other clubs go bust (at least 4) is shameful as its people’s livelihoods.
It’s money better spent now than in Jan when bargains are few and far between.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2631 on: October 13, 2020, 15:20:35 pm »

So, a new centre back eh?

Is this to

a) Provide competition to the current centre backs as Keith says in his interview or is it to

b) Come in as a first choice because its clear that none of the three so far (Racic, Horsfall and Bolger) have performed adequately?

I'm sure Keith never wanted to be in the b) position......with those three and then Martin and Harriman who would be the back up. We went the vast majority of last season with a stable Goode, Wharton, Turnbull trio.....this current three don't seem to be a patch on them sadly.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #2632 on: October 13, 2020, 15:20:48 pm »

The rumours of Ryan Inniss look over, appears very close to a deal to Charlton
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #2633 on: October 13, 2020, 15:58:16 pm »

Maybe we should convert a big forward on our books who can win headers but offer little goal threat into a centre half. Job done.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest2995

« Reply #2634 on: October 13, 2020, 16:12:31 pm »

I’m not sure Keith is capable to be honest, but you never know, his obsession with playing the utterly useless Smith will be his downfall though.
As Shoey has said, hoping other clubs go bust (at least 4) is shameful as its people’s livelihoods.
It’s money better spent now than in Jan when bargains are few and far between.
At what point did I say I hope other clubs go bust ?
Let me help you , I never said that .
The point is , we have to protect ourselves and get the best from the 11 new players and promising youth players before spending at a time when everything is so uncertain . Survival is the most important thing .
Keith has to do better with those he has brought in .
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #2635 on: October 13, 2020, 16:19:35 pm »

Sounds slightly odd but we need to try and play football. I think we have looked vulnerable with our defensive shape and would prefer a 4 4 2.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: October 14, 2020, 11:49:08 am »

At what point did I say I hope other clubs go bust ?
Let me help you , I never said that .
The point is , we have to protect ourselves and get the best from the 11 new players and promising youth players before spending at a time when everything is so uncertain . Survival is the most important thing .
Keith has to do better with those he has brought in .
I totally agree, all I am saying is you can’t polish a turd, glitter is only superficial.
We need a leader to organise on pitch, the back three are a shambles.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #2637 on: October 14, 2020, 13:17:05 pm »

He's the sort of player we need, only problem is that he is even more injury prone than McCormack.
Like your idea though  Grin
Almost hesitant to say it, but... George Boyd?
Although rumoured to be going to Stevenage.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: October 14, 2020, 14:39:31 pm »

Almost hesitant to say it, but... George Boyd?
Although rumoured to be going to Stevenage.
Boyd was a quality player proper playmaker.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #2639 on: October 15, 2020, 10:54:54 am »

Sounds slightly odd but we need to try and play football. I think we have looked vulnerable with our defensive shape and would prefer a 4 4 2.

That formation is out dated and we dont have quality in our squad to have just 2 CM.

4-2-3-1

Way to go with our personal
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: