The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:56:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Cheltenham Town (h) Play-off Semi-final 1st Leg

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town (h) Play-off Semi-final 1st Leg  (Read 11173 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 15, 2020, 19:18:50 pm »

Here we go with the first match thread since March, so fill your boots.

This Thursday (18th June) we play Cheltenham in the first leg of a behind closed doors play-off game with Wembley and promotion the dream for all four teams.

So what will our team selection look like for this one - Sam Hoskins is suspended for the home leg.

Come on you Cobblers!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 19:39:56 pm »

Here we go with the first match thread since March, so fill your boots.

This Thursday (18th June) we play Cheltenham in the first leg of a behind closed doors play-off game with Wembley and promotion the dream for all four teams.

So what will our team selection look like for this one - Sam Hoskins is suspended for the home leg.

Come on you Cobblers!

Difficult to pick a team with no form guide to go on. I would guess that Harriman would replace Hoskins and play RWB but who knows what the Mysterious one has seen in training!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 19:53:04 pm »

Is somebody going to pick a team for 1st leg?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 19:56:40 pm »

Keith Curle, presumably Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 20:01:41 pm »

Cornell; Goode, Turnbull, Wharton; Marshall, McCormack, Watson, Olayinka, Adams; Oliver, Morton.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 20:07:45 pm »

I think that as Arnold was in possession of the shirt and he is contracted for next season he is likely to get the nod. Also think Harriman instead of Marshall at right wing back. Marshall to come on as one of our 5 subs.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 20:14:48 pm »

I was down at the club for a bit today and chatted with James Whiting and then briefly Keith Curle. I was really impressed how relaxed and confident Keith was. Gave me a lot of hope for this tie. I was also impressed how charismatic Keith was in the flesh  Grin Fair play Curle, surprised me a lot today.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Hallsy02

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 21:06:28 pm »

Cornell
                    Goode    Wharton    Turnbull
Adams                                                          Marshall
               Olayinka      McCormack  Watson
                         Morton              Oliver

Bench:  Arnold, Harriman, pollock, lines, Smith, Williams
Report Spam   Logged
Hallsy02

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 21:07:30 pm »

But then replace whoever our best player is in the semis for Clive platt one the final
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 22:44:11 pm »

Cornell; Goode, Turnbull, Wharton; Marshall, McCormack, Watson, Olayinka, Adams; Oliver, Morton.

Smith for Oliver for me. If those players hit any type of form we might do well?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 22:48:22 pm »

I was down at the club for a bit today and chatted with James Whiting and then briefly Keith Curle. I was really impressed how relaxed and confident Keith was. Gave me a lot of hope for this tie. I was also impressed how charismatic Keith was in the flesh  Grin Fair play Curle, surprised me a lot today.

Bit of a turn around; some complimentary remarks there.
Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 06:52:19 am »

his charisma covers up the fact he talks with absolutely no substance and its all cliches and b*lls***

that said, i dont mind him - just dont like his style of football

i wont complain if we go up though obviously!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2020, 06:53:52 am »

Cornell

this - but with arnold in goal - and maybe harriman RWB, depends how brave (or bonkers) KC wants to be in the first leg.................i'd probably have the full 7 subs though too!!!! should have such a strong 18!
Report Spam   Logged
Hallsy02

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 07:30:53 am »

this - but with arnold in goal - and maybe harriman RWB, depends how brave (or bonkers) KC wants to be in the first leg.................i'd probably have the full 7 subs though too!!!! should have such a strong 18!

Didn’t realise there wasn’t 7 🤦🏻 “Adds Lloyd Jones reluctantly”
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 07:33:07 am »

Really difficult to predict this one. Cheltenham were the form team before the break but this is more like the first game of a season now than the last. All going to depend on how the players have been in lockdown and how up for it they are. I would imagine that whilst our players will be happy to be in the playoffs, they might be disappointing they didn't have a crack at the top 3.
I think we need to have a lead to take to Cheltenham for the second leg and think Cheltenham will be happy with a small loss. Either way just happy for football to be back and hope we can do it
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 07:49:20 am »

Cornell

We'll rip em to pieces with this line up. Do we know for certain McCormack is fit and beyond light training?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 09:24:33 am »

Cornell

That does look a cracking side. Not convinced about Marshall's defensive credentials but if we win 5-3 who cares?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Hallsy02

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 10:17:41 am »

Just have to hope we don’t score a goal and sit back to hold the lead that’s where we screw our selves over
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2020, 11:12:23 am »

I think you now have more than 7 subs as you can now bring 5 on.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2020, 11:23:54 am »

Olayinka looked so classy in his brief appearances with us already that i would be tempted to start him also, I think he was close to fitness pre lockdown.

I would probably bring Marshall off the bench also to inject a bit of pace off the bench. Cheltenham seem to switch between a 3-5-2 and a 3-4-1-2 so will be the battle of the back 3's most likely, hopefully we can keep Alfie May quiet.

Im more nervous for this game than I was last playoffs, not sure why.

I would go for this if possible.
                                 Cornell
                     Goode Wharton Turnbull
    Harriman                                            Adams
                   Olayinka McCormack Watson
                      Morton     Oliver

Having the likes of Marshall, Anderson, Williams etc to come off the bench gives us decent options also. Thinking about it Anderson will likely start, he was looking solid for us before hand.

COME ON THE TEYN.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: