The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:15:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

PLAY OFF FINAL: Exeter City (Wembley) 29 June 2020

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAY OFF FINAL: Exeter City (Wembley) 29 June 2020  (Read 17222 times)
guest3338

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2020, 17:29:32 pm »

Why are we so hated?

I haven't read through anyone other teams forums for years. But recently, after following a few links on here, I have delved a bit further into other supporters thoughts on us. I have to say that I am genuine shocked.

I always thought of us as being a bit of an innocuous bunch of supporters. I'd imagine it's because they are all c*%ts
Big clubs in every league are hated. Take it as a compliment  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2020, 19:20:56 pm »

I don't think Exeter fans have any reason to hate as I seem to remember them being in financial difficulty some years ago and when we played them at the county ground we had a collection for them.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2020, 20:33:07 pm »

I often have trouble sleeping at night worrying about opposition fans not liking us. Deep down I only want to be loved.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3086

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2020, 20:49:38 pm »

Liverpool, my arse.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2020, 21:30:09 pm »

Liverpool, my arse.

?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2020, 22:01:45 pm »

I don't think Exeter fans have any reason to hate as I seem to remember them being in financial difficulty some years ago and when we played them at the county ground we had a collection for them.
It was the final game of the season at Sixfields. All a love in that day - I even have an old Exeter scarf hidden somewhere.
Following season, they brought a transit load of lads, and proceeded to take the piss, aided by a handful of visiting Leicester fans. Revert to type, kicked off the following season, with Northampton lads turning the tables!
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2020, 23:42:08 pm »

I have always thought of Exeter as more of a rugby town.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2020, 07:01:18 am »

The meeting of the only 2 clubs in the football league where Rugby Union is bigger than football .👺
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2020, 07:48:10 am »

Exeter meeting Northampton Q/F Sept 18-20...2nd Leg?   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2020, 15:10:42 pm »

It's only very recently (comparatively) that the Exeter Chiefs have been anything as a Rugby powerhouse. Given the stadium's half way into Somerset location (you pass it on the way down the M5) I think any significant fall from grace would see a drastic reduction in their support. Having said all that, Exeter City have never appeared to either benefit nor lose support at the hands of the Chiefs!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2020, 15:31:17 pm »

It's only very recently (comparatively) that the Exeter Chiefs have been anything as a Rugby powerhouse. Given the stadium's half way into Somerset location (you pass it on the way down the M5) I think any significant fall from grace would see a drastic reduction in their support. Having said all that, Exeter City have never appeared to either benefit nor lose support at the hands of the Chiefs!

To be honest it's actually in a similar position to Sixfields, on the edge of the town/city next to the motorway.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3338

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2020, 17:33:18 pm »

Grin
Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2020, 17:38:27 pm »

Looking at the Exeter forum they are not impressed with Michael Salisbury's appointment as referee. Not quite as bad as Breakspear's 13 red cards but he has issued 9 in 28 games as well as 75 yellows.
Their results against the teams at the top have not been particularly good with only 1 win and 6 points from 5 games against the teams automatically promoted whereas we have 3 wins and 9 points from 4 games having not played away at Crewe or Plymouth. They have an identical record against the other 3 play off teams so only 2 wins from 10 games (thumping Plymouth at home 4-0 and 3-2 against us) but a lot of draws.
They have lost on their 2 previous visits to Wembley but we have only 1 win from 3 visits and have only John Frain's to celebrate.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2020, 17:40:09 pm »

Grin
Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?
Well TBH calling it a town, was the main snark in my comment.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2020, 19:46:49 pm »

To be honest it's actually in a similar position to Sixfields, on the edge of the town/city next to the motorway.
But without the Weedon Road and its plethora of swanky pubs!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2020, 20:09:04 pm »

Cant wait. Burgers, sausages, chicken and pork belly's all ready. Beers as well. The same routine, precisely, as the two semi finals..

Same routine. Same squad at our gaff. We go again!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2020, 20:23:09 pm »

You would think they would choose a nickname more fitting to the town. I can't imagine chiefs of any description being connected with Exeter. Perhaps Exeter Call Centres would be more appropriate.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2020, 20:57:20 pm »

It is a mystery as to why the egg chasers are called the Chiefs and as to how the footy folk are called the Grecians. However, there is no mystery in North (as the Wændel's people call it, even though it is south) as the soccer club was cobbled together by a bunch of teachers and lawyers - the term Cobblers was fixed for evermore. On the other hand the testicle-squeezers of Franklin Gardens could only defer title to St Here-in-Error because Simon Templar was played by a dick hence the expression 'i've been rogered by a bell-end'.
Report Spam   Logged
TVRGrecian

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2020, 07:15:15 am »

Hiya a local Exeter fan in peace, pass through Northampton every day on my commute. Lived in the area for 15 years and have a few former work buddies and neighbours who support the Cobblers. A couple of years ago did the ball in the boot of the car thing, on your pitch, and almost beat 3 of your fans...but no cigar - I was closest and one lad on the pitch was spitting feathers on the pitch ultra competitive! Ok so you are abit of a bogey team for us and you are clear favourites, I would suggest. We have lost two players to COVID issues, family sheilding and all that. Our form has been awful the last few games before the break.

So for clarity we dont hate Cobblers, we only hate Plymouth Argyle and laugh at the Torquay - if you have a Torquay mate just say Exeter 4-1 in regards to an away play-off win and watch the tears in their eyes appear. :-) As for the game on Monday all our flags were driven up yesterday in two vans. Just under 2000 cutouts placed. Look out for Ade Edmundson and the Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin. There are also a few few passed Grecians and of course Ryan Lowe in Exeter colours. Winds them up down the road no end!

As for the game I predict a 2 nil victory for your team. As always you are a bigger more physical team than us. Wembley being a bigger pitch may suit our passing style. That said at your place we were absolutely turgid. At our place was a very competitive game, and a good battle.

Should you want to ask any questions, feel free, whatever happens we are building and our academy is blossoming. Probably will lose on 16 year old Ben Chrisene again this year to Liverpool, Chelsea or Manchester United. I am hoping we blood some of the kids at Wembley. Enjoy the game.

Up the City

Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2020, 07:29:31 am »

Hiya a local Exeter fan in peace, pass through Northampton every day on my commute. Lived in the area for 15 years and have a few former work buddies and neighbours who support the Cobblers. A couple of years ago did the ball in the boot of the car thing, on your pitch, and almost beat 3 of your fans...but no cigar - I was closest and one lad on the pitch was spitting feathers on the pitch ultra competitive! Ok so you are abit of a bogey team for us and you are clear favourites, I would suggest. We have lost two players to COVID issues, family sheilding and all that. Our form has been awful the last few games before the break.

So for clarity we dont hate Cobblers, we only hate Plymouth Argyle and laugh at the Torquay - if you have a Torquay mate just say Exeter 4-1 in regards to an away play-off win and watch the tears in their eyes appear. :-) As for the game on Monday all our flags were driven up yesterday in two vans. Just under 2000 cutouts placed. Look out for Ade Edmundson and the Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin. There are also a few few passed Grecians and of course Ryan Lowe in Exeter colours. Winds them up down the road no end!

As for the game I predict a 2 nil victory for your team. As always you are a bigger more physical team than us. Wembley being a bigger pitch may suit our passing style. That said at your place we were absolutely turgid. At our place was a very competitive game, and a good battle.

Should you want to ask any questions, feel free, whatever happens we are building and our academy is blossoming. Probably will lose on 16 year old Ben Chrisene again this year to Liverpool, Chelsea or Manchester United. I am hoping we blood some of the kids at Wembley. Enjoy the game.

Up the City

Just one question, in relation to the post immediately before yours. Why are you nicknamed The Grecians?

Actually, a second question too! Why would you consider us the favourites? I think a lot of Cobblers supporters think the other way around.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: