The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:47:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

PLAY OFF FINAL: Exeter City (Wembley) 29 June 2020

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAY OFF FINAL: Exeter City (Wembley) 29 June 2020  (Read 17255 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« on: June 23, 2020, 16:06:51 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/june/cobbler_in_the_crowd_wembley/ 

We're all going to Wembley...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 17:56:52 pm »

I didn't really see the point of the Cobbler in the Crowd stuff initially but when I saw people talking about this being an opportunity to go to one last game with their lost friends and relatives it actually made me feel quite emotional. I still didn't want to do it personally though.

This time around, seeing as how the club are going to miss out on all those gate receipts, I reckon this is a good way to show our appreciation by putting some money into the club coffers.

We'd all have happily stumped up for a ticket, so this is really just the equivalent cost. I think it's the least we can do to say "thank you" for all the club have done for the community during the covid crisis and for last night's performance, which gave us all a sense of release after months of confinement, stress and boredom.

What do you think, boys and girls?  Shall we all have a virtual day out together?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 18:00:37 pm »

Do we get any money for these 3 televised play off games from Sky?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 18:54:26 pm by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 18:32:02 pm »

Do we get any money for these  3 televised play off games from Sky?
Or any prize money?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 18:49:28 pm »

As far as I can see, there is no prize money , although I seem to remember in the past any money raised in the playoffs is divided equally between the four teams taking part.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 20:17:49 pm »

I didn't really see the point of the Cobbler in the Crowd stuff initially but when I saw people talking about this being an opportunity to go to one last game with their lost friends and relatives it actually made me feel quite emotional. I still didn't want to do it personally though.

This time around, seeing as how the club are going to miss out on all those gate receipts, I reckon this is a good way to show our appreciation by putting some money into the club coffers.

We'd all have happily stumped up for a ticket, so this is really just the equivalent cost. I think it's the least we can do to say "thank you" for all the club have done for the community during the covid crisis and for last night's performance, which gave us all a sense of release after months of confinement, stress and boredom.

What do you think, boys and girls?  Shall we all have a virtual day out together?

Definitely, my father passed away just before Xmas and was an ardent cobbler's fan and he's off to Wembley for 1 last hurrah.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 21:38:44 pm »

Will we be playing in our Claret shirts? Do they clash with red and white stripes?
Who will be the ref? Hopefully one like last night. Level headed and prepared to let players make strong tackles. We know who we don’t want!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 23:21:56 pm »

Will we be playing in our Claret shirts? Do they clash with red and white stripes?
Who will be the ref? Hopefully one like last night. Level headed and prepared to let players make strong tackles. We know who we don’t want!

I’m not so sure, you thought  Cheltenham was amazing? Imagine beating Exeter when we have 7 players on the pitch? The matadors ego would go into overdrive in a play off final, he won’t have any fancy dan professional footballers from NTFC hogging the limelight? He really would be waving red around like a matador! I reckon the next time he refs one of our games everyone should shout “ole’ every time he blows his whistle?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 06:27:57 am »

I've had so many positive comments about our cutouts that were at the game on Thursday night, both from the pictures and how good they looked on the TV.  And not just from Cobblers fans.
The tributes to those Cobblers fans who are no longer with us made it a very emotional experience when reading the stories behind them.
Exeter sold over 1250 for their semi and we sold 930, we can't let the Grecians have the numerical bragging rights in the stands at Wembley can we?  Get your orders in and once again show The Cobblers proud.  Cool
Deadline for orders: 1800hrs tomorrow 25th June...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 06:35:23 am by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 07:43:03 am »

not seen it mentioned anywhere - but will Jepson be around for the final, or is he joining Warnock at Boro now?!!
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 10:49:36 am »

Unless other factors intervene (injury, positive Covid tests etc) KC will surely start with the same 11 as he did against Cheltenham - 2nd leg.

The close proximity to June 30th must be affecting some of the squad's thinking (both sides) - some likely to be out of work on July 1st with considerably lower salary expectations in mind. So much uncertainty for the future generally.

Is Wembley a bigger pitch ? Young legs an even bigger advantage.

When I checked back it looked like we/they always change colours for this game.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 11:42:17 am »

No chance of Charles Breakspear for this game as he had Exeter v Colchester on monday - you don't get a semi and a final.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 11:46:16 am »

No chance of Charles Breakspear for this game as he had Exeter v Colchester on monday - you don't get a semi and a final.

Phew
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2020, 11:59:04 am »

Unless other factors intervene (injury, positive Covid tests etc) KC will surely start with the same 11 as he did against Cheltenham - 2nd leg.

The close proximity to June 30th must be affecting some of the squad's thinking (both sides) - some likely to be out of work on July 1st with considerably lower salary expectations in mind. So much uncertainty for the future generally.

Is Wembley a bigger pitch ? Young legs an even bigger advantage.

When I checked back it looked like we/they always change colours for this game.

30 Jun is the date we'll lose Morton and Wharton, (hopefully it doesn't go to a replay)
Having looked at the WBA board, a couple of them were wondering if they would be able to use him in the remainder of their games...
The pitch at Wembley isn't 'massive' but probably slightly larger than what we are used to week in week out in League Two.  The cramp that many players get at Wembley isn't necessarily down to the size of the pitch, it's sometimes that because of adrenaline and 'excitement in a final, SF etc. players tend to run harder and further than they would normally do,  without pacing themselves for the full 90 minutes.  
i would assume that either team will be designated as the home side and the other will have to change.

We've got Michael Salisbury for the Final:  We haven't had him this season. His last Cobblers game was our 3-1 defeat at Bury in April 2019.  He did ref at the P@@h game when Ash Taylor was dismissed in April 2018.
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2020, 14:48:13 pm »

I've just done the deed - there will (sort of) be 3 generations of my family at Wembley on Monday! 

(although I shall not be telling my wife I've just spunked £100 on 4 bits of cardboard) Grin
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 14:51:40 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 16:58:02 pm »

im starting to get a very good feeling about this one.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 17:52:52 pm »

im starting to get a very good feeling about this one.
I'm not
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2020, 19:35:59 pm »

According to those who have a financial incentive for knowing these things Exeter are the very marginal favoured winners. From my recent viewing experience I favour the Cobblers to win quite strongly. You'd think we have a lot going for us. A fit, strong experienced squad with a very convincing win against the 4th placed side. Even the midfield now looks strong and plenty of options/replacements on a close like for like basis on the bench when legs get tired or we need to try something else.

Who in the Exeter side represents a real threat we may not have an answer to ?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 19:38:06 pm by CobblerForever » Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2020, 20:08:44 pm »

We are the away team and so playing in our sleek, match winning black kits according to Exeter. Also not lost on them that no team in red and white has won a League Two playoff final. Saying that, Monday night in Cheltenham showed us how much previous records and stats count!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 20:29:03 pm »

So, Michael Salisbury in the middle then. Not the greatest either as I seem to recall, a sort of mini matador?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: