The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:43:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

An apology to Mr Keith (Curley Wurly) Curle

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An apology to Mr Keith (Curley Wurly) Curle  (Read 3995 times)
Charlatan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 18:45:14 pm »

Fair play to you lordjohn. As most probably know on here I was a bigger backer of KC, I'll put it on the line. I don't care how we win, Stevenage @ home that last minute winner to me was amazing. I know it was an awful game but WE got the 3 points, and that folks is all that matters.
                   We were amazing last night, I'm not a lover of hard luck stories I want results and most of all to get out of Lge 2 and we have! I don't know were tuks & his who would you replace Keith Curle thread has gone. My answer then was NO F-C--R.and I was right. Lets all enjoy this, it really could be a turning point of the club we love. Stay safe everyone.
                                                      UTC
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 19:13:00 pm »

Whilst on apologies, well not exactly but after the second leg at Cheltenham, I posted saying I felt more than uneasy with Arnold in goal.
Last night, superb. Admittedly, had little to do but so assured and in command. Obviously, the whole team were heroes but special mention to Marshall!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 20:02:40 pm »

Fundamentally the football was crap to watch for many games last season, it would be dishonest to claim otherwise, however what I think we must do now is give KC the credit he deserves for turning things around.

When he took over we were aimlessly passing the ball around and losing (a lot) at the bottom of L2. We had big earners who were not interested (KVV, Taylor etc), some who needed to be moved on for various reasons (Pierre, Powell, even O'Toole), and others who were clearly past their best (Buchanan).

He's significantly reduced the wage bill, transformed the attitude of the group and got the team disciplined. His work in the recruitment department has been excellent with the likes of Adams, Goode, McCormack, Wharton etc all bringing the "winning mentality" we lacked before.

Arguably he's also won promotion with a pretty squad in a terms of strikers, with no real stand out players at this level until Morton arrived.

Lastly, whilst the curtailment of the season almost undoubtedly worked in our favour as we were losing momentum, Curle deserves great credit as of all 4 managers involved in the play offs he seems to have used the downtime the best, brought the squad up to speed the quickest and ultimately he's gained the rewards.

Well done Keith.

'Fundamentally the football was crap to watch for many games last season, it would be dishonest to claim otherwise, however what I think we must do now is give KC the credit he deserves for turning things around.'

Fair point; I only felt it was dire when we lost Grin. To me at least, its those games where we did play well Burton being a standout result; a side can put in a decent display and rise to an occasion. I would hazard a guess that you are still not entirely convinced by KC tactics. Should be interesting when we play (if) Oxford next season. Morton made the difference.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 21:55:36 pm »

Many arguments to be had about various styles of play, my personal favourite is Winning Football and I think KC's is too. People often liken Curley's way of playing to the Hoofroyd method. It could be said that both of them over achieved slightly by getting us to a play-off final, but, what difference when they got there. AB's team just wilted at Wembley whereas the current team of KC showed from the first minute to the last that they were there to win, nothing and nobody was going to stop them.

A fantastic heartwarming performance and result that left me so proud to be a Cobbler. The unity in the camp shone through for all to see and I thank everyone at the club for their hard work. Moments like this may not come along too often following the Teyn but are so bloody sweet when they do. Smiley

Well done Keith Curle, hope you enjoyed your hot chocolate!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2020, 05:03:11 am »

Whilst on apologies, well not exactly but after the second leg at Cheltenham, I posted saying I felt more than uneasy with Arnold in goal.
Last night, superb. Admittedly, had little to do but so assured and in command. Obviously, the whole team were heroes but special mention to Marshall!

Arnold proved he is the better of the two didn't he. Great performance.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest2934

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2020, 08:22:27 am »

Fair play to the comments here.

There are journo's, football commentators, pundits and fans alike, of all clubs, agreeing that the last performances have not only been the most entertaining football since it's return but also on the style. We have totally destroyed, mentally and physically, two fancied teams in high pressure games and that says hell of a lot.   

It's finally clicked for KC and it seems the team are with him. If this confidence continues, not many in league one will enjoy playing us.

Especially the p@@h!
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 10:17:25 am »

There are journo's, football commentators, pundits and fans alike, of all clubs, agreeing that the last performances have not only been the most entertaining football since it's return but also on the style. We have totally destroyed, mentally and physically, two fancied teams in high pressure games and that says hell of a lot.   

It's finally clicked for KC and it seems the team are with him. If this confidence continues, not many in league one will enjoy playing us.

Especially the p@@h!

The P@@h won't be worried coz if we beat them McAnthony will start legal proceedings against us on the grounds that "it's just not fair!"
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 10:19:28 am »

Especially the p@@h!

In a nutshell for me..
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 21:58:21 pm »

I've always liked KC and consistently backed him while people haranged him. There are people out there who have said they won't go while he's in charge though - even this week!
The only thing I'd like to see is the youth given a proper chance. Yes we've seen a few of them get a few minutes but nothing sustained. Let's play some of them before we lose them.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2020, 11:17:41 am »

This podcast with KC is really worth a listen, very open & honest about his personal life...may even help someone on here.

My Sporting Mind...with Keith Curle

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:19:47 am by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2020, 12:24:56 pm »

I think its fair to say I've defended Keith on many occasions, on this website. I do though get that its all totally subjective...

So Ill just say that Im absolutely delighted he earned his first promotion with us, a massive massive achievement given the mess he inherited plus having to massively reduce the wages whilst at the same time improve the team...

Carr, Atkins, Calderwood and Wilder all  took over the team when it was in the bottom 3 or 4 of the football league.  All needed a consolidation season before achieving promotion in their second full season.

Meanwhile, Keith managed it in his first full season.

Fully old game eh!

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 13:44:54 pm »

Arnold proved he is the better of the two didn't he. Great performance.

He lay on the ground reading a book most of the time Shocked Hardly engaged was he like Maxted.  Did like the calm and assured way he went about his business such as it was. Would still keep. Cornell.
Report Spam   Logged

Why?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2020, 19:52:54 pm »

I always knew Keith would get promotion  Grin
Well done boy.

You what? You what, you what, you what?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2020, 06:11:16 am »

This podcast with KC is really worth a listen, very open & honest about his personal life...may even help someone on here.

My Sporting Mind...with Keith Curle

A very interesting listen. It just goes to show that you never really know what's going on in people's lives.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2020, 08:28:49 am »

I always knew Keith would get promotion  Grin
Well done boy.

and no doubt when the first defeat / poor performance next season takes place you'll be the first one on here calling for his head.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2020, 14:55:35 pm »

A very interesting listen. It just goes to show that you never really know what's going on in people's lives.
Very interesting, KC at his articulate best.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2020, 18:03:50 pm »

Keith, the way you have motivated the players in the last week has been nothing short of miraculous. The fact you've led us to a 4-0 victory at Wembley puts you into folklore territory. I've throughly enjoyed my slices of humble pie and wish you many more successes with us now.

Remember this Dan and others.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2020, 11:04:52 am »

Brave man Teachers a good point well made
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2020, 12:10:14 pm »

In the words of the Courteeners..."Things, they change..."
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2020, 14:00:48 pm »

KC did very well to get us promoted, I completely agree, but the style of play outside of the play offs was still dire apart from a handful of games, as I have said many times if the season had played out we would have finished outside of the play offs.
Unfortunately things have gone from bad to worse and Keith has lost the plot IMO, summer recruiting has been a disaster and the result have born that out.
I gave him 10 games to get it right and the debacle at Oxford was the last straw, it’s the team selections and bizarre substitutions coupled with the insistence of playing Hoskins in every position on the pitch that tells me we will be relegated by Christmas unless something changes.
Give the new man Jan to sign some quality.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: