The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:08:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Carabao Cup 2020-21

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carabao Cup 2020-21  (Read 8197 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2020, 14:16:15 pm »

Haha Shoey!!

The "couple of strikers" are Korboa and Nuttall

Anyone signed today is now too late to be registered to play in the game tomorrow anyway, so we go with what we've got.
Don’t be so negative
We have money to sign players as other posters keep informing us
Do you really think we are going to start the season with a player signed from seven levels below and a striker who has failed to show that he is a force in this division??

This isn’t your local Sunday league club
We have owners and a manager that know what is needed at the higher division and they have known for ages that quality is needed and have said as much.

I’m very excited to see who our star players will be.

There’s plenty of league one teams who have rushed in and signed the quality they need but they are all wrong.
They will learn their lessons at the end of the season when we have gained promotion and can also brag to other fans about our good housekeeping.

It is something that as a club we should be putting at the forefront of the forthcoming season.

Other teams may have got better quality players but we’ve got proper housekeeping and even at 4-0 down at sixfields on  a cold February night nothing would make me more proud of the club than our housekeeping.

That will do for me as I look across at the rapid progress on our redevelopment and I can pinch myself to think how lucky we are as fans to have owners with the finance to redevelop the ground out of their own pockets with only minimal delay.

Not every club can say they have owners like ours.
Yes they may have on field success with players who fire the imagination but look around their grounds and see how they compare to ours and that’s without mentioning the good housekeeping.

Others may avoid relegation
Others may even gain promotion and win trophies but when it comes to the football leagues good housekeeping award there will only be one winner

It brings a tear to my eye thinking of it already and if we do come up short and go straight back down I do hope the club will enable fans to have their photo taken with a set of the clubs last accounts and any good housekeeping trophies we may be awarded

Exciting times ahead
Strap yourselves in

Come on cobblers you are the best.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2020, 15:01:53 pm »

Just a reminder.... one game, no replays, no extra time...... scores level after 90 mins its straight to penalties.

The draw for the second and third round will be made together on Sunday 6th, with matches to be played over the midweeks of 15/16 September and 22/23 September.

Second round unseeded but still regionalised, third round draw will be neither seeded or regionalised.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2020, 18:57:34 pm »

Just a reminder.... one game, no replays, no extra time...... scores level after 90 mins its straight to penalties.

The draw for the second and third round will be made together on Sunday 6th, with matches to be played over the midweeks of 15/16 September and 22/23 September.

Second round unseeded but still regionalised, third round draw will be neither seeded or regionalised.
Just as a side note, have you seen the prize money for this competition? it’s pi55 poor.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2020, 19:20:55 pm »

Just as a side note, have you seen the prize money for this competition? it’s pi55 poor.

Carabao (League Cup) prize money has always been poor.....

Stange though that the EFL Trophy carries a £10,000 per game win bonus whereas the EFL Cup is only £5,000 in the first round!
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2020, 19:25:11 pm »

Been reduced to the 2017-18 figures...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2020, 19:36:32 pm »

Been reduced to the 2017-18 figures...

For the FA Cup......

Extra Preliminary Round right through to fourth qualifying round the prize money has been reduced by a half, from the fourth round proper to the final again its reduced by a half, but for winning rounds 1,2 and 3 its reduced less than 40%
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2020, 13:03:07 pm »

I’m not sure I can recall a more ineffective (on paper) front 3 than smith, Korboa and warburton - a massive opportunity for all 3 though I suppose.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2020, 13:12:33 pm »

I’m not sure I can recall a more ineffective (on paper) front 3 than smith, Korboa and warburton - a massive opportunity for all 3 though I suppose.

Bit harsh on Korboa as he has never played league football before, but certainly agree with the other two.

As case of needs must but would rather an extra midfielder than see Warburton on the pitch, he couldn't hack the pace of L2 let alone anything better than that.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2020, 13:14:59 pm »

Arnold in goal,
Rakic, Bolger and Horsfall across the back
Harriman and Mills as the wing backs
Watson, Missilou in the middle with Warburton in front
Smith and Korboa up front

Subs are Mitchell, Martin, Ballinger, Lines, Marshall, Roberts and Johnson

Unavailable are Nuttall, Hoskins, Adams, McWilliams and Pollock
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2020, 13:17:41 pm »

Bit harsh on Korboa as he has never played league football before, but certainly agree with the other two.

As case of needs must but would rather an extra midfielder than see Warburton on the pitch, he couldn't hack the pace of L2 let alone anything better than that.

Fair enough about Korboa but I didn’t even notice he was playing in the 2 friendlies. Looking at Cardiff’s lineup it might be the case that they are missing some players but they still look very strong - some massive centre backs (even with flint on the bench) so set pieces should be interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2020, 13:22:26 pm »

It’s hard to remember a time (I can’t) when we had a worse attack than Smith, Warburton & Korboa
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 13:26:08 pm by Winslow Lee » Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2020, 13:22:56 pm »

The Korbmeister starts
Smith and Warble as well

I've got a very bad feeling about this one
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2020, 13:26:30 pm »

The Korbmeister starts
Smith and Warble as well

I've got a very bad feeling about this one

How many garments will the new ironing board see today?
Report Spam   Logged

Hallsy02

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2020, 13:38:56 pm »

I have a feeling I’ve wasted a tenner, I honestly reckon if I played I’d be the 2nd best attacker on the pitch
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2020, 13:54:04 pm »

How many garments will the new ironing board see today?
Only 4 I'm afraid. I spent all night cleaning the board for today's game as well.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2020, 15:11:10 pm »

It’s hard to remember a time (I can’t) when we had a worse attack than Smith, Warburton & Korboa
Haha! I take it back  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2020, 15:15:41 pm »

Only 4 I'm afraid. I spent all night cleaning the board for today's game as well.

Cleaning the ironing board?? Whatever next?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest3264

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2020, 17:16:19 pm »

Well done KC and the team. Encouraging games by the new recruits.

No sign of the 'doom mongers' Manwork and Shoemaker.....what a suprise!

KC intermated striker, midfielder and central defender are being targeted.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2020, 17:26:12 pm »

Very well played .
Certainly a surprise to me but fair enough !
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2020, 17:33:12 pm »

Well done KC and the team. Encouraging games by the new recruits.

No sign of the 'doom mongers' Manwork and Shoemaker.....what a suprise!

KC intermated striker, midfielder and central defender are being targeted.

In fairness to Manny, think you need to check the match thread  Wink Grin

I’m lovin Rocky, get in there boy.

Get in, this cups in the bag.

TBH mate we are more than matching them, as you’d expect not much up front, really solid at the back.
We’ve been pressing well, hope we don’t run out of steam.

Really well played town.
With the addition of a couple of strikers a midfielder and defensive cover we should be ok.
UTC.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: