The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:46:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Gary Johnson

Poll
Question: SO, WHO WOULD YOU LIKE AS NEW MANAGER FROM THE FOLLOWING
Phil Parkinson - 5 (3.4%)
Mark Cooper - 5 (3.4%)
Gary Johnson - 83 (56.5%)
Justin Edinburgh - 4 (2.7%)
Malcolm Crosby - 10 (6.8%)
Martin Allen - 9 (6.1%)
Danny Wilson - 5 (3.4%)
Paul Trollope - 3 (2%)
Peter Taylor - 0 (0%)
Brian Laws - 0 (0%)
Andy Scott - 5 (3.4%)
Kevin Blackwell - 4 (2.7%)
Sean Dyche - 4 (2.7%)
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - 10 (6.8%)
Total Voters: 122

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 51   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gary Johnson  (Read 38574 times)
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2011, 12:40:41 pm »

I love humble pie. Second time in just over a month I've had to have some- first Harrad came here, now this. Grin Well done DC, over the moon with that appointment.
Report Spam   Logged

ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2011, 12:42:24 pm »

Hopefully that wont happen seeing as how Akinde is injured for the rest of this season

I didn't say I wanted him Wazza. I was making reference to the fact that he paid a six figure sum for him a couple of years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2011, 12:44:23 pm »

who's going to be the 3rd johnson to come to the club this time around then, john, gary and...?!?!?

I think you can guarantee he will try to snatch his son Lee from whoever he plays for nowadays  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2011, 12:46:10 pm »

Great news.  DC has certainly made a sea change in his approach with the January signings and now with the appointment of Gary Johnson.  DC is to be applauded.  GJ is a top class manager, his teams play attractive football and I am confident we are destined for better times.  A decent turn-out from the Cobblers supporters tomorrow will be a good start to a brighter future.  UTC.
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2011, 12:49:50 pm »

Lets start the 'Johnson bounce around' tomorrow!
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2011, 12:53:20 pm »

Am rapidly updating Wikipedia, if anyone can give me a hand. The Gary Johnson page is buggered!
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2011, 12:54:24 pm »

I've just thought...Leon McKenzie and Johnson have a bit of a frosty relationship because Johnson wouldn't let Leon train with Posh during the summer when he was without a club. Leon mentioned it a few times on Twitter to Posh fans who asked why he'd come here. He seemed a bit bitter about it. Hope he doesn't feel the need to leave now, that'd be a great shame.
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2011, 12:54:39 pm »

So much for DC taking his time...Great Appt though onward and upwards...
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
oop_north

« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2011, 12:56:56 pm »

Should have gone for an up & coming manager.  David Livermore is doing a great job as player/manager at Histon.  No money, a team full of kids, and playing great football despite the points penalty.  He'll know the players to pick of from non-league for the summer rebuilding.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2011, 12:57:22 pm »

Cardoza even said he would pay compensation for a manager under contract with another Club if needed. Johnson was the first choice for the majority of us and our Chairman. He was unemployed so no compensation needed. That can now go towards next years playing budget  Grin

What a splendid day!
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2011, 12:58:22 pm »

CROSBY OUT  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2011, 13:00:11 pm »

Should have gone for an up & coming manager.  David Livermore is doing a great job as player/manager at Histon.  No money, a team full of kids, and playing great football despite the points penalty.  He'll know the players to pick of from non-league for the summer rebuilding.

JOHNSON SAYS BOUNCE AROUND THE GROUND
Report Spam   Logged

memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2011, 13:01:32 pm »

CROSBY OUT  Tongue

Think the Club will announce later today that Crosby will be in charge for tomorrows game (makes sense). Johnson will get introduced to the crowd pre-match and take a watching brief from stand.
Report Spam   Logged
STEVIEG

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2011, 13:02:06 pm »

BUZZIN BUZZIN... BOUNCE BOUNCE!!
BUZZIN BUZZIN... BOUNCE BOUNCE!!
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2011, 13:03:36 pm »

Oop north why would we fill our team with nonleague players? We're not going down!
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2011, 13:04:25 pm »

BOING BOING COBBLERS

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2011, 13:07:04 pm »

On the 'Hotelenders' site 60% voted for the appointment of Gary Johnson as our new manager out of the list of possibles, so well done Mr Cardoza.

Wow! 62 out of 105 out of 3500. A landslide. NOT.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
DustCobb

« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2011, 13:08:14 pm »

Yeovil and Bristol City fans all seem to love Johnson.

s***boro fans hate him.

Think we have the perfect guy in charge.
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2011, 13:08:52 pm »

sbedscobb, the summer rebuilding will cost.  bet there's no money, as it's all been spent on this campaign.  there are some quality kids in the BS Prem that could do a good job in Div2/1.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2011, 13:09:21 pm »

Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 51   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: