The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:17:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Luton Town (h) Pre-season friendly

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luton Town (h) Pre-season friendly  (Read 5326 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2020, 14:21:16 pm »

Some of us prefer not to be a bot, just repeating the negative same posts over and over, we get we need a stronger forward line, we know the club are working on it so why keep dragging the mood down on here and having a go at the club. Support the club and what they are trying to do to keep the club afloat and strengthen the squad, you seem to have the opinion the club are trying to do the opposite. What is that based on, everything I hear from KC and KT is they are trying to resolve the issues, why knock them for doing that or what cause do you have to think they are not doing that, not just speculation of a conspiracy.

That's why I suggested a positive thread and a negative thread as I want to read positives at this stage not negatives, although I do generally skip your posts as they are usually the same old made up yawn feed but yes you have every right to post them, I would just prefer it to not be every few hours.
Thankyou.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2020, 15:43:22 pm »

Based on yesterday's game and the one against Orient I'm also pleased with the signings so far. I think Missilou is going to be a key player and once again we seem to have signed two very solid central defenders. I think Horsfall could be a real find. Mills is also an excellent addition both going forward and in defence. The pleasing thing is that the team already has a clear shape and this may be really important, while we wait to get a forward line. It will at least make sure we're competitive, even when we lack fire power.

I really hope at least one of the strikers is signed as a Cobbler rather than a loanee. I think it's too dangerous to have just one recognised striker on our books. Sadly I'm not sure Harry Smith is good enough either as a target man He shows some good touches but doesn't boss defences the way he should be able to with his physique. I'm annoyed that Oliver rejected terms with us just to go to Gillingham. I imagine they've improved his wages but surely it's a sideways move at best.

I trust KC to bring us adequate strikers for us at least to score enough to survive in L1 but I think it's a mistake not to have at least one in the building by bnow.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2020, 21:06:46 pm »

Some of us prefer not to be a bot, just repeating the negative same posts over and over, we get we need a stronger forward line, we know the club are working on it so why keep dragging the mood down on here and having a go at the club. Support the club and what they are trying to do to keep the club afloat and strengthen the squad, you seem to have the opinion the club are trying to do the opposite. What is that based on, everything I hear from KC and KT is they are trying to resolve the issues, why knock them for doing that or what cause do you have to think they are not doing that, not just speculation of a conspiracy.

That's why I suggested a positive thread and a negative thread as I want to read positives at this stage not negatives, although I do generally skip your posts as they are usually the same old made up yawn feed but yes you have every right to post them, I would just prefer it to not be every few hours.

Good comment - if only!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2020, 21:26:00 pm »

The Peterborough way is flawed when you look further into things.....

Despite buying cheap and selling on for lots more money, their 2019 accounts showed a £12.5m LOSS on their profit and loss bottom line.

Despite buying cheap and selling on for lots of money they are still in League 1.....the same as us!

Their wage bill in the last accounts amounted to over £5m....now they've got to comply with the same ballpark figure as the rest of us! So a £5m+ wage bill despite buying cheap!

That said of course if they get £10m for Toney that will make a huge dent on the losses....

Yes they've flirted in the Championship, but now they're in League 1 playing in front of not too dissimilar crowds to us.......when you look at the whole picture the end product is pretty much the same.

It's funny, isn't it? It's much like the Prem, all those clubs spending 10's of millions and for what? Just to stay up? Shrewd dealing and good management trumps splashing lots of cash - though obviously both at the same time would be better!
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2020, 09:39:14 am »

Christ there’s some bo11ocks posted on here. Permanently signing a striker who can get you around 20 goals a season in any division is the holy grail of recruitment. The problem is that it’s not like other players where it’s a bit subjective as to how good they are at the role. There is a clearly defined measure that flashes like a neon advertising board at every club in the league. How many players do you suppose are around that can do that? Even if you did chuck a fortune at it the chances are you would only match some other bids at best given that a fair percentage of chairman have sh1t for brains? Assume you are a player capable of doing that and you have countless identical bids on the table, where do you suppose we are in the pecking order? So given that our ability to permanently sign such a player is unlikely, we move to the loan market and Callum Morton. Callum has just proved himself hot property in the loan market. Where do you suppose his advisors see as the next step in his career path? Maybe a loan in the Championship, who knows? We are in with a shout because KC has brought the best out of him but again, where do you suppose we are in the pecking order? Forget money, there will always be someone out there who will better it? Nope, I’m afraid our best hope of getting a striker who can score a hatful is a rough diamond on loan like we did with Morton last year. However anyone who thinks the alternative is possible and this is solved with a call and a wave of the credit card is away with the fairies. What I can tell you is that given what happened with Callum Morton and how we have developed loan players including Goode, Wharton and indeed Morton er al, plenty of clubs are not going to have a problem handing over their budding starlets for a season of development. Think about it?
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2020, 09:42:28 am »

At the moment we haven't got a main striker for anyone to name. Whoever we get will almost certainly not be our first choice, as is the case for lower league clubs. Often all the teams are chasing the same few players so they can't all be winners. If you don't get your first choice you go down your shortlist and often, especially with strikers, hope to get lucky, it's a small number of players who are regular goal scorers over their whole career. If you can't afford the elite players you hope to catch someone in their purple patch, which usually lasts 18 months to 2 years. A lot of the clubs looking at Morton will want a loan deal, maybe a fee will sway West Brom's thinking.
In the last several years we have 'got lucky' with numerous strikers but we always let them go/they leave. Each time we get promoted the team is dismantled for whatever reason.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: