The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:07:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

I.follow Problems

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I.follow Problems  (Read 14501 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2020, 13:36:15 pm »

I'm sure you're right Evers. I've got used to trying things with regard to using IT as eventually you work it out (trial and error) but I was lucky in that I've worked with it most of my working life. Many haven't and some kind of guide would often be handy.

The same trial and error method can work out badly with your electrics or plumbing !

Not all of it is trial error best to follow some sort of procedure which the Club emailed to all of us a 2/3 weeks ago. I then  merely followed Deepcuts advice!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2020, 14:58:27 pm »

I've got used to trying things with regard to using IT as eventually you work it out (trial and error) but I was lucky in that I've worked with it most of my working life

I think I've spoken to you more than once on the end of a Helpdesk line  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2020, 17:12:46 pm »

When in ifollow for the first time I sat looking at a fixed screen for 5 mins but the commentary was live. Eventually I had the nous to press the little live button bottom left of the actual picture. Until you press the live button you won’t get a live picture!!
Perhaps some of you are failing like I did to press the live button!

Living abroad I have been using Follow for away games for 3 seasons and initially experienced a few glitches  but perfect now, but the point you raise is worth noting - sometimes you get commentary but a frozen or blank screen for video  and no visible "play" icon - its actually right in the middle of the screen and only detected when you pass your curser over it - might solve some of the problems people are having. 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2020, 17:21:55 pm »

Living abroad I have been using Follow for away games for 3 seasons and initially experienced a few glitches  but perfect now, but the point you raise is worth noting - sometimes you get commentary but a frozen or blank screen for video  and no visible "play" icon - its actually right in the middle of the screen and only detected when you pass your curser over it - might solve some of the problems people are having. 

that also Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2020, 17:48:39 pm »

Not all of it is trial error best to follow some sort of procedure which the Club emailed to all of us a 2/3 weeks ago. I then  merely followed Deepcuts advice!

Don't bring me into this...  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2020, 18:23:29 pm »

Should have turned it off and on again.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2020, 12:36:54 pm »

Really interesting insight from Colchester's chairman on how iFollow cash is being distributed:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-ifollow-streaming-revenue-explained-18975658?fbclid=IwAR18GgeW6dFqbi3e36B6P3RmUqFN5uUJ_HHuN9wrnFTaMxZuC75c0Efl4_4

At our level in particular, this is going to widen the gap between the bigger and smaller clubs. It's important that as many of us as possible pay for iFollow, both for home and away games...even if you do feel the need to put Oglethorpe on mute. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2020, 13:06:57 pm »

Similar transparency from Bradford City.....

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/city-v-stevenage-ifollow-codes-distributed/

As can be seen, the proceeds for the club from each £10 pass sold are £8.34.

Colchester also allude to the fact that they had revenue from 952 passes and made just shy of £8,000 (952 x £8.34 = £7939.68)

Season Ticket holders continue to receive codes and therefore are not generating any additional revenue, and yes as NTFC Nut says, as many as possible should pay for both home and away games..... for away games we need more than 500 to pay through the NTFC IFollow portal to actually make OUR club anything.....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2020, 19:37:44 pm »

That's a lot less than normal attendances then - with half of the price for tickets then I guess we're really not going to be getting a lot from it. What do we reckon we've probably sold a game around 900 - 1000 ish?
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2020, 10:28:04 am »

I've just tried to enter my code for Saturday, I got all the way through up to the "Pay now" button , I press that and nothing happens !!! any ideas?
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2020, 10:43:53 am »

Sorted, needed to press "Pay with this card" not "Pay now"  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2020, 10:44:02 am »

I've just tried to enter my code for Saturday, I got all the way through up to the "Pay now" button , I press that and nothing happens !!! any ideas?

have you scrolled down the page? i seem to remember that you have to hit pay now, which will apply the code and then an order summary appears below (this shows a cost of 10 quid and then a credit of the same amount) and you have to hit another button to actually confirm the order
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2020, 09:01:35 am »

Ok. I’ve put my ST code in and pressed “Apply”. Nothing happens. Emailed I follow and asked to request support via chat in their website. No sign of the chat button! Got fed up of waiting for apply to work and pressed pay. Nothing happens! Help!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2020, 09:05:19 am »

Have you put your bank details in? They're needed even for season ticket holders.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2020, 09:10:14 am »

Yes. I’ve tried it in 3 different browsers as well now. I had the same problems for the Wimbledon game as well! If I could find the support chat button on the iFollow site it might help!?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2020, 09:24:49 am »

Ok. Got it now. As some one said above ... you have to apply code- nothing happens. Go down and click on pay- nothing happens. But if you go up(!) and click on pay with this card, it works.
Totally illogical and counter intuitive!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2020, 09:54:52 am »

Don't bring me into this...  Shocked

Common courtesy - tend to thank most on here for any assistance received  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2020, 10:02:40 am »

Ok. Got it now. As some one said above ... you have to apply code- nothing happens. Go down and click on pay- nothing happens. But if you go up(!) and click on pay with this card, it works.
Totally illogical and counter intuitive!

Not really Jim but I did tremble when I had to use DC to authorise payment so I used The PayPal Link!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2020, 11:52:47 am »

Have you put your bank details in? They're needed even for season ticket holders.

?
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2020, 16:43:51 pm »

How has that confused you?
Report Spam   Logged