The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 17:51:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

I.follow Problems

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I.follow Problems  (Read 14766 times)
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2020, 19:41:56 pm »

The quality is abysmal, I've got fttp and have no issues with any other stream or gaming etc, but ifollow is generally very poor. Its brings back memories watching live games during Mexico 86.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2020, 19:49:33 pm »

Season ticket holder here; seems cannot get the match if not logged in before Ko. V disappointing given have already paid for it or am I doing something wrong? Oh well sky sports scores here we go!!

Could be your HDMI cable,  it’s best to have a gold plated one try Amazon only about £8.50. Yr laptop does it have a HDMI mini slot. If you have an old type connection with spade type terminal might be yr issue?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2020, 21:24:30 pm »

You don't need gold plated cables. It's a digital signal being sent and therefore the signal either gets sent or it doesn't. Besides, an hdmi cable, gold plated or otherwise, isn't going to stop somebody from logging in  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2020, 22:05:20 pm »

Having not had previous problems with ifollow, tonight it's dreadful. I've had to give up on it. Constant buffering, no more than about 5 or 10 seconds before it stops again with the circle in the middle of the screen whirring. Logged off and on 3 times but no better.
Very disappointing and ruined the evening for me.

Same for me tonight and I don't normally get a problem. No issues with any other internet based service so it must be peculiar to IFollow.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2020, 22:05:44 pm »

You don't need gold plated cables. It's a digital signal being sent and therefore the signal either gets sent or it doesn't. Besides, an hdmi cable, gold plated or otherwise, isn't going to stop somebody from logging in  Roll Eyes

The guy appeared to have issues connecting; with respect to him may not have followed the correct procedures. It is a well-known fact that gold plated contacts make for better connections. We don't know the standard of equipment used by those with iFollow issues:Smiley Suffice to say that acquaintances I know have had no issues. The HDMI cable can have a dramatic effect on connection/reception.
Report Spam   Logged

Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2020, 22:18:00 pm »

Never had a problem before tonight...watching on iPad then it just stopped around 60 minute mark and asked me to log in again!!! Then displayed error code TS-001...

Ended up watching last half hour on my iPhone.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2020, 22:42:07 pm »

Never had a problem before tonight...watching on iPad then it just stopped around 60 minute mark and asked me to log in again!!! Then displayed error code TS-001...

Ended up watching the last half hour on my iPhone.

TS-001 is a wireless setting error and will ask you to do a reset. It is not an uncommon issue with wireless settings. Generally just reconnecting your wireless connection is sufficient. The fact you were on an iPod suggests you were totally reliant on an internet connection.
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2020, 05:35:15 am »

The fact you were on an iPod suggests you were totally reliant on an internet connection.

I think you'll find everyone watching on ifollow is totally reliant on an Internet connection regardless of what device they are using, gold plated or otherwise...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2020, 10:01:46 am »

TS-001 is a wireless setting error and will ask you to do a reset. It is not an uncommon issue with wireless settings. Generally just reconnecting your wireless connection is sufficient. The fact you were on an iPod suggests you were totally reliant on an internet connection.

Lol! You really should stop offering input on this issue.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2020, 11:42:15 am »

Lol! You really should stop offering input on this issue.  Wink

Maybe but it may help all the same. Please advise your obvious expert knowledge to assist those having issues with iFollow Roll Eyes
Every little helps!

Home/Away Audio.

Buffering

The system has been tested and there were no noticeable problems with the connection from the stadium to the stream. If you are experiencing issues, if possible please connect your device directly to WiFi Modem with a cable as this can provide a stronger internet connection.

You will require a WIFI or broadband internet connection (DSL/cable or higher) of 800 kbps or higher to use the App. You can also access the App over a 3G/4G connection via supported mobile devices. Supporters should also select 'auto' as their video quality setting.

Source iFollow/net.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 13:23:54 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2020, 14:52:56 pm »

Maybe but it may help all the same. Please advise your obvious expert knowledge to assist those having issues with iFollow Roll Eyes
Every little helps!

Home/Away Audio.

Buffering

The system has been tested and there were no noticeable problems with the connection from the stadium to the stream. If you are experiencing issues, if possible please connect your device directly to WiFi Modem with a cable as this can provide a stronger internet connection.

You will require a WIFI or broadband internet connection (DSL/cable or higher) of 800 kbps or higher to use the App. You can also access the App over a 3G/4G connection via supported mobile devices. Supporters should also select 'auto' as their video quality setting.

Source iFollow/net.

I don't know why I bothered getting a degree in computer communications. I could have just asked Evers for a few pointers!
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2020, 15:01:41 pm »

I've used my phone this season - wouldn't bother with I-Follow normally, and absolutely fine every time!
Can't see what the fuss is with whining about getting the Cobblers on laptops, or plasma surround sound...my phone screen picture is hardly different from my usual perch at the back of the Upper West!
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2020, 15:16:17 pm »

I don't know why I bothered getting a degree in computer communications. I could have just asked Evers for a few pointers!
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2020, 15:58:29 pm »

Pleased for you - which Uni? Genuine query
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2020, 16:48:34 pm »

Pleased for you - which Uni? Genuine query

Our shirt sponsor!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2020, 17:10:41 pm »

Our shirt sponsor!

Excellent news
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2020, 17:38:44 pm »

But you only did the theory, Evers has the hands on experience...  Grin Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2020, 17:47:09 pm »

Excellent news

Thanks Evers!!! It was twenty odd years ago now mind... God, that makes me feel old.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2020, 19:58:53 pm »

The guy appeared to have issues connecting; with respect to him may not have followed the correct procedures. It is a well-known fact that gold plated contacts make for better connections. We don't know the standard of equipment used by those with iFollow issues:Smiley Suffice to say that acquaintances I know have had no issues. The HDMI cable can have a dramatic effect on connection/reception.
https://brightlinkav.com/blog/post/are-gold-hdmi-cables-really-better-than-regular-hdmi-solved-for-once-and-all.html
https://itstillworks.com/difference-vs-normal-hdmi-cables-7683487.html
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-benefits-of-a-gold-plated-HDMI-cable

There's just 3 sources from the top of a search for "does gold plated hdmi cable make difference but yeah I can believe you fell for somebody selling you a gold plated one for twice the price.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2020, 21:19:34 pm »

Have you tried titanium or platinum-plated contacts? They're so much better ...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: