The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:13:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

AFC Wimbledon (H) KO 3pm 12/9/2020

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon (H) KO 3pm 12/9/2020  (Read 7095 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2020, 16:46:20 pm »

Racic was certainly the weakest of the three centre backs but I think some people are getting a bit carried away with some of the slating he's getting. He wasn't that bad.

I thought we looked decent going forward and the midfield harried and supported the attackers well. The attackers themselves I thought all looked good, especially Korboa.

Yes, we rode our luck at times and Wimbledon could have scored a few more, but then you could say that about us too. Either way, I really enjoyed the match and thought it was a really entertaining spectacle.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2020, 16:48:55 pm »

It’s a start. Talking of which, Goode, Turnbull, Morton and Oliver played 50 minutes between them.

It’s a strange situation with turnbull - I don’t think he started a pre season game either, shame really as he would have walked into the left sided centre back with us. Hopefully Morton will keep getting splinters and WBA regret loaning him to them.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2020, 16:53:04 pm »

Regarding the game, it was almost completely the opposite I was expecting - defence shaky and attack very lively. Korboa looks a bit of a gem and missilou was very good. I agree that Racic was poor but I’m sure it was a one off as he has pedigree and Brentford rate him. I don’t know about anyone else but Arnold was very dodgy and I think it wore off on the defence. For warburton’s free kick their keeper made his mind up for him with his positioning.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2020, 16:57:53 pm »

I think personally Arnold’s indecision filtered through into the defence. Lost count of the number of times I was expecting to see Arnold come and collect a ball over the top but the centre halves would eventually have to turn and stick it out for a corner or throw.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2020, 17:06:47 pm »

Stop the negativity we are not 2 points away from the play offs we are 2 points away from the automatic promotion places. 12 easy points to come when we play the bottom 2 teams - Peterborough and Oxford.
Apparently some players did not arrive at the ground until 2.30 due to traffic problems.
Defence which easily coped with Cardiff was all at sea in the first half and Wimbledon should have capitalised on their chances and taken 3 points home. Some encouraging performances from Missilou, Korboa, Marshall and a well taken free kick from Warburton although the way Wimbledon lined up to defend it you could see the goal coming. Harriman as reliable as ever.
Shrewsbury away next saturday minus Pierre who was sent off in the 94th minute today, O'Toole sent off in the 96th minute.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2020, 17:19:28 pm »

Watson for me has got off lightly. Thought he was terrible. Definitely need more in the middle of the park.

Obviously the first half our defence wasn't great but they were brilliant seven days ago. Hopefully that is the norm rather than todays display.

Hugely encouraged by Seal and Korbs. Korboa could earn us a fortune if he can carry on his impressive start. Wonderful finish too. And really happy for Warburton again. Although the keepers positioning was err, questionable, great for his confidence too.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2020, 17:46:52 pm »

I see that Pierre got sent off for Shrewsbury so he’ll be missing against us next weekend which is a bonus. If we can get a few injuries back and possibly bring one or two in (left footed centre back looks a must) then we’re potentially in decent shape.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2020, 17:51:01 pm »

I see that Pierre got sent off for Shrewsbury so he’ll be missing against us next weekend which is a bonus. If we can get a few injuries back and possibly bring one or two in (left footed centre back looks a must) then we’re potentially in decent shape.

A late/early bath for JJOT also !
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2020, 18:04:44 pm »

Just a follow up to my earlier comment about Pierre getting sent off. Surprise, surprise our old friend Charles Breakspear doing us a favour for next week - he also managed a total of another 6 yellows.
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2020, 20:13:11 pm »

Thanks to  the equalizer from Korboa  town werre  able to come back from a deficit to earn a draw,
when the  putting the visitors up in the first half with a score of 1-0.

While who had a a couple half-decent looks in the first half, it wasn’t anything to write home about or to really test goalie. Of course, they outshot  but other than the handball and thel, the two teams went into the  first half having put out a fairly bland performance in the first 45 minutes.Who enjoyed 61% of possession in the first half,Manowork4 is a mincy which was promising in the midfield and the play going forward.

The equalizer came from none other than Warburton  in the first half when he headed in a ball off a corner from radirt.  but it wasn’t enough — the ball went sailing into the net tying up the score at 1-1.

Glad almost did it again just a few minutes later off another corner. This one came from a little further away, but he got enough on it that
whohad to make a quick diving save to keep it out of the net.

who came within inches in the 64th minute when he let a shot rip near the top of the box and put it low to Tzanev right. Tzanev made a diving save and got his fingertips to it, giving it enough of a nudge to push it off the post and back out into play.

then took the lead once again in the 69th minute when Chislett sent a cross by the far post to Guinness-Walker. He was able to head it down toward the ground and it bounced up past david simmons and into the ned, putting the visitors up 2-1 with about 20 minutes left to play.

The Sound (hought they were ahead again in the 82nd minute when dave hoofi put one past Guinness-Walker, but the referee called it back for offside. After review from the VAR, the call was confirmed and the goal was disallowed.

hentie opened his bank account in the 85th minute with an deposit of 25-30 pounds out. Guinness-Walker has been taking shots like that for quite some time, but finally found the back of the net on one at the most opportune time. His bomb brought the game level again at 1-2.

Despite an intense Keith Curle the mental substitutions were not controlled end to the game, neither team was able to find the back of the net again and the game ended with a 2-2 score line, the two sides splitting the points. Who(areU) ended with 12 shots overall (five on target) while maintaining 57% possession.
you now know my views on this matter
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2020, 20:15:06 pm »

Agreed with whoever called out Watson, thought he was very poor today.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2020, 20:21:37 pm »

I think personally Arnold’s indecision filtered through into the defence. Lost count of the number of times I was expecting to see Arnold come and collect a ball over the top but the centre halves would eventually have to turn and stick it out for a corner or throw.

Harsh
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2020, 20:34:46 pm »

Agreed with whoever called out Watson, thought he was very poor today.

That was me. He's so frustrating. He is either fantastic like the second leg of the play offs and the final, or he's terrible such as the first leg and today.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2020, 21:01:19 pm »

Like most agree that Korboa looks very promising; splendid goal too. Some criticism of Watson but not by me; with Missi' ensured we had more of the possession.  Warburton scored a great goal but that owed a lot to their wall and goal keeper positioning. See that Arnold has come in for some criticism - unjust as far as I am concerned. In fact thought he was sound except when he beltered our half back! Referee was mainly ok.

After a hesitant back three 1st half performance the defence dealt with their attacks fairly well, albeit a touch haphazardly.  The thing was that Rasic was a having an off day and this clearly unsettled the back line.Wing backs were ok with Marshall effectively playing as a winger which probably left oodles of space behind him! Watson was ok and had more skill in his passing than Missi' and also had two blocked shots on goal. Missi' did well and his work rate ensured we were not over-ran in midfield.  The new Centre forward with the fancy name did ok with a couple of classy moments but he is not as yet the finished article. Smith or ANother will replace him as soon as injuries permit. Korboa is the real find at the moment and his goal was the best on show. Here to stay I feel. In truth we made hard work of a draw with AFC as without their somewhat fortuitous goals we might have won. So for me two points dropped.

Clearly we need bodies in midfield, upfront, half back and probably a full back.

Still reading BMONS post x37; chap's a genuis Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Wattie

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2020, 21:27:15 pm »

Agree, he certainly didn't command his area and that's one of the key reasons why we conceded the first. Looked very shaky, sadly
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2020, 21:36:11 pm »

Thanks to  the equalizer from Korboa  town werre  able to come back from a deficit to earn a draw,
when the  putting the visitors up in the first half with a score of 1-0.

While who had a a couple half-decent looks in the first half, it wasn’t anything to write home about or to really test goalie. Of course, they outshot  but other than the handball and thel, the two teams went into the  first half having put out a fairly bland performance in the first 45 minutes.Who enjoyed 61% of possession in the first half,Manowork4 is a mincy which was promising in the midfield and the play going forward.

The equalizer came from none other than Warburton  in the first half when he headed in a ball off a corner from radirt.  but it wasn’t enough — the ball went sailing into the net tying up the score at 1-1.

Glad almost did it again just a few minutes later off another corner. This one came from a little further away, but he got enough on it that
whohad to make a quick diving save to keep it out of the net.

who came within inches in the 64th minute when he let a shot rip near the top of the box and put it low to Tzanev right. Tzanev made a diving save and got his fingertips to it, giving it enough of a nudge to push it off the post and back out into play.

then took the lead once again in the 69th minute when Chislett sent a cross by the far post to Guinness-Walker. He was able to head it down toward the ground and it bounced up past david simmons and into the ned, putting the visitors up 2-1 with about 20 minutes left to play.

The Sound (hought they were ahead again in the 82nd minute when dave hoofi put one past Guinness-Walker, but the referee called it back for offside. After review from the VAR, the call was confirmed and the goal was disallowed.

hentie opened his bank account in the 85th minute with an deposit of 25-30 pounds out. Guinness-Walker has been taking shots like that for quite some time, but finally found the back of the net on one at the most opportune time. His bomb brought the game level again at 1-2.

Despite an intense Keith Curle the mental substitutions were not controlled end to the game, neither team was able to find the back of the net again and the game ended with a 2-2 score line, the two sides splitting the points. Who(areU) ended with 12 shots overall (five on target) while maintaining 57% possession.
you now know my views on this matter
Very much nail on someone’s head + this
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2020, 21:41:38 pm »

Fair result overall today. we were good in parts but didn't do enough to win.
The defence looked like a new unit, the understanding of each others game wasn't there, improved second half. ( Watched Liverpool v Leeds and it looked like they had been practising the same defending routines as us!
The wing backs both put in a shift, Marshall put some good balls into their box. Harriman would be right wing one minute and sweeper the next!
In midfield Missilou got so many challenges in to break up the play, Watson tried hard but kept giving the ball away.
MOM Ricky Korboa shows so much promise and his goal clearly lifted him up a level.
BAS needs games to settle in and get match fit but he showed some nice touches. I hope Warburton can grab a few more goals because if his confidence grows we may yet have a player. We looked a bit weary towards the end so can be happy enough with a point. On to the next game and hopefully continued improvement.
Report Spam   Logged
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2020, 09:14:31 am »

Just a follow up to my earlier comment about Pierre getting sent off. Surprise, surprise our old friend Charles Breakspear doing us a favour for next week - he also managed a total of another 6 yellows.

Good grief, Breakspear is officiating in League 1 !!!?

I assumed promotion would mean not having to cross paths with the likes of these officials.

See also Kettle, Trevor.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2020, 10:48:50 am »

Dunno why we decided that Wimbledon was a definite 6 pointer on game 1. Prior to this match they beat Charlton and drew with league favourites Oxford. Probably should wait until the table takes shape to decide who the league whipping boys will be.

Sensible and informed comments - always think people should delay their response a few hours prior to hitting the kboard! Might avoid a few OTT comments.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3359

« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2020, 10:48:43 am »

Agree with this but also think its about building the understanding. Was a couple of times Racic (i think) expected him to come but he didnt. First game of the season I would expect the defender to make sure the ball was clear first
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: