The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:53:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Keith Curle appreciation thread

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Curle appreciation thread  (Read 20067 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2020, 07:15:44 am »

Cant win on here, on the one hand there's a load of moaning because we can't attract the best players on the short term small money contracts we're offering? The next minute its a one year take it or leave it rolling contract for the manager? What are we aiming for, to be big spending high rollers bringing in the cream, or miserly skin flints happy with the dregs, I'm lost?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2020, 09:37:52 am »

Cant win on here, on the one hand there's a load of moaning because we can't attract the best players on the short term small money contracts we're offering? The next minute its a one year take it or leave it rolling contract for the manager? What are we aiming for, to be big spending high rollers bringing in the cream, or miserly skin flints happy with the dregs, I'm lost?
It’s not a matter of attracting the best players just a couple of L1 standard quality, one Center back and one Center forward, I see Omar Bogle has signed for Charlton, let’s see on Saturday what we could of had.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2020, 11:35:37 am »

Cant win on here

Grin Just abandon your logic at the door. I find it helps.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2020, 12:40:48 pm »

Grin Just abandon your logic at the door. 

..and don your tin hat. Tin foil for a few contributors.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2020, 21:03:37 pm »

Sorry Keith , you have been found out this season .
The bluff and the 1992 tactics were just about excusable last season but division one has made you look a clown .
Recruitment of players is appearing to look poor and retention of some players mistaken .
We got away with it last season and look like a second division side this season .
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2020, 21:32:40 pm »

I'm saying it. Curle Out.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2020, 21:52:07 pm »

I think that’s a bit tough on Keith
He’s shopping in the bargain basement.
Despite selling our first million pound player it was clear early on that Keith had a piss poor budget to work with....
Having to try to sign players on incentivised contracts with a lower weekly wage (bet the players are feeling really incentivised right now)
How many other clubs did this??
Certainly not gillingham who have a bottom four budget according to Steve Evans ,oh no , they signed a player from us .....
Exactly what did fans expect
I’ve banged the drum before but Covid or no Covid our current owners cannot by their own admission afford to run us as a league one club as they haven’t the finance.
Twice they have tried and twice they have failed.

We desperately need new owners to ever be able to operate at league one level and that’s not happening any time soon....
The owners want to profit from surrounding land and there’s no way they are going anywhere and so the fate of the club and the fact they can’t afford to run it at league one level is secondary behind the all important money made from land.

I often get stick but I didn’t like the way things were failing to progress three years back and maintained I wouldn’t set foot in sixfields until the redevelopment was finished as I believed quite rightly that things were not going to plan....

Fast forward three years and despite all the years of pass the buck and the he said/she said we still have no redevelopment.

People can give spin and sound bites on a regular basis but the reality is that there is nothing being built.

The club is in limbo , there is no redevelopment and the owners can’t sustain a league one club.

That’s it in a nutshell.

Now I’m not saying Keith’s recruitment has been good but I believe he’s doing the job with one hand tied behind his back....

This may be contentious but regards style of play I feel that if Keith had been given a budget of league one standard and had basically upgraded the players like for like with players of the ilk of Hilton at Luton or Wharton at Blackburn being signed full time and other upgrades the style wouldn’t be an issue.
It wasn’t for Wycombe.....

I feel we should stick with Keith as he is doing the best he can under the constraints he’s working too.
No manager will do better at this club at this level under the current regime.

We should just accept the facts of the situation and enjoy being a league one club in name at least....

I think the no crowds at games is a big help to KT at the moment because on the back of an out of their depth team and no building work occurring for yet another year (and before anyone says Covid who honestly thinks work would have started without the pandemic)?

I like Keith Curle and whilst he isn’t blameless I don’t think he is the overriding issue behind our footballing inabilities.

It’ll soon be four seasons that I haven’t attended sixfields due to my self imposed exile and I fear it will be many more before the ground is finished (or indeed started ) and many ensuing excuses and rounds of the blame game before I next visit sixfields and I bet anyone it won’t be to watch league one football unless the club is under new ownership.

Sorry to be negative but it’s my viewpoint based on the facts and nearly forty years of supporting most as a season ticket holder.

Let’s back Keith he’s pushing water uphill.
I bet he’s as gutted as anyone that he hasn’t been able to build the team he wanted.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2020, 21:53:27 pm »

We've got 6 teams in this league with lower attendances than us, and we haven't got owners who are have the resources to financial dope us like Peterborough have in the middle of a pandemic which has left us with next to no income, we were the bookies second favourites for relegation... were people expected us to be getting results against Charlton and Portsmouth? As frustrating as is to watch, I think expectations are out of wack here a bit.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2020, 22:12:43 pm »

This is a pointless thread as there is no chance of KC going.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2020, 22:24:37 pm »

We've got 6 teams in this league with lower attendances than us, and we haven't got owners who are have the resources to financial dope us like Peterborough have in the middle of a pandemic which has left us with next to no income, we were the bookies second favourites for relegation... were people expected us to be getting results against Charlton and Portsmouth? As frustrating as is to watch, I think expectations are out of wack here a bit.
What winning games in the same league as ourselves? WTF are you talking about, financial dope?
KT isn’t interested in the football or it’s supporters, he treats them with utter contempt, it’s all about the land and making a big fat profit out of our club, money that should be reinvested into the club and town, not a chancers trousers.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2020, 22:34:52 pm »

From the official site, KC's post match comments included this....

“We are trying to build an identity in what is a very difficult division and I think the fans understand where we are at and what we are about.”

Anyone understand exactly where we are at and what our identity is?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2020, 22:57:52 pm »

This is a pointless thread as there is no chance of KC going.

You seemed to have missed the point.

I doubt most on here post in anticipation of effecting change. I’m assuming they do so for pure debate and an exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2020, 23:18:16 pm »

You seemed to have missed the point.

I doubt most on here post in anticipation of effecting change. I’m assuming they do so for pure debate and an exchange of thoughts and ideas.

'I’m assuming they do so for pure debate and an exchange of thoughts and ideas'. .......if only as pretty sure 3 or 4 or not of this world. Admire the subtle sarcasm!

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3264

« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2020, 05:27:43 am »

Shoemaker- You state 'we desperately need new owners' BUT not  a word on who or how!

New owners have had chance after chance to buy the club. Are you in a very very small queue to buy the club, or are you another person spending other peoples money?

We are reliant on a man from America and a man from Dubai to give us a form of stability in these turbulent times.
Anybody was able to use the land to benefit the club but NOBODY stepped forward apart from KT and DB.

We are not like Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield and Wigan (plus many more to follow).

Obviously I do not agree with all KT's actions or lack of them but I live in the real world with the facts we are dealt with!

I do want a statement of intent and timescale from KT and NBC so fans of NTFC are not left sitting on their hands for much longer..........they deserve that!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2020, 05:48:14 am »

That’s it in a nutshell.

If just for once it was with you  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2020, 06:29:25 am »

No offence to Shoey but that post sums up everything that’s wrong with football in the lower divisions? “The current owners can’t afford to run a league one club”. Genuinely no offence but the naivety is stunning, no one can afford to run a league one club! If the meaning of “affording” is some billionaire pouring money down a bottomless pit until they get bored, that is not affording. That is being the plaything of somebody with more money and ego than sense. If football is to survive it has to be financially sustainable Covid or not. Demanding we blow a fortune on player contracts to sustain a falsely elevated position is just b0llocks, and blowing even more on a white elephant of a stand when we don’t fill the ground in the best of times is absolute insanity. We were losing a million a season on average before Covid and that is unsustainable, to repeat unsustainable and its only a matter of time before we and all the other pi55 poor clubs get found out. It’s no use hoping that when an owner leaves there will be another rich tw@t waiting in the wings to pick up the tab, that is the mindset of the Neolithic cnnts that got us to this position in the first place? So if even treading water is unsustainable and football is unaffordable what’s the answer? Well how’s this for an idea, rather than relying on handouts and prayers how about some strategies to generate income and become self sustainable? Off the top of my head, instead of demanding a few million for a pointless stand how about having a quality boutique hotel built next to the ground as compensation instead? One with a fitness centre attached, a place for visiting teams and supporters to stay and can generate income for the club year round, placed into trust so it can’t be easily sold? What about having fast food franchises built into the ground that can be owned and managed by the club selling stand side on match days and street side on others? All things that when profitable can be secured against development with minimal risk? As I said I’m making this stuff up off the top of my head, but any of these is better than building a pointless stand and chucking big contracts at players in the hope of maintaining a false position and spiralling even further into financial oblivion? Anyway the point is that whether these ideas are workable or not football has to come up with innovative ways of generating income otherwise all that’s happening is a delay to the inevitable? However, it would be helpful if people stopped coming on here spouting spend for no return sh1te like its the answer because as previously stated it’s complete b0llocks and will be nothing more than another nail in the coffin, no offence?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 07:53:43 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3264

« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2020, 07:02:19 am »

I agree that any investment should be to make the club sustainable.

Yes build executive boxes but only (like other grounds) when they are convertable to bedrooms in an accompanying hotel and Confrence Centre. This would generate income all day, every day, through the year, year on year!
Sixfields is just 5 minutes from 3 junctions of the M1 so has great appeal for National and local companies for meetings, conferences and exhibitions.

The current situation does not work!
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2020, 07:53:21 am »

A hotel was part of the D.C. original plans and at one point was meant to be located at the bottom end of the West Stand Car Park. This 100 bed hotel was given outline planning permission in Dec 2014.

Northampton has lower amounts of hotel stock compared to other towns and cities. Whilst covid has a significant impact at this time I would agree this would make a decent option on generating revenue if done corrrectly.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest2995

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2020, 08:03:10 am »

Mansfield are looking Keith .
You did well there and it’s nearer home . If you resign we don’t need to pay you off .
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2020, 09:13:21 am »

I feel we should give Keith this full season, it's his first time in this league and he needs time to develop his style of playing at this level. I think he will keep us up this season and then next will be a time to push on.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: