The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:33:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Keith Curle appreciation thread

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Curle appreciation thread  (Read 20112 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2020, 18:46:01 pm »

Furious Curle...I wanna play 3-5-2! Wink

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/furious-curle-admits-oxford-city-showed-more-hunger-and-desire-cobblers-suffer-fa-cup-calamity-3030505
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2020, 19:27:55 pm »

This has intrigued me over the last few days 'Ive got players knocking on my door and agents ringing me up saying they need an opportunity to showcase what they're all about' - so far as the players are concerned the showcasing happens in training surely, so that they can impress the manager to put them in the team? As for agents, is this really the sort of thing they do? Secondly, if this is the case then so what?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2020, 19:51:50 pm »

This has intrigued me over the last few days 'Ive got players knocking on my door and agents ringing me up saying they need an opportunity to showcase what they're all about' - so far as the players are concerned the showcasing happens in training surely, so that they can impress the manager to put them in the team? As for agents, is this really the sort of thing they do? Secondly, if this is the case then so what?
There were some players that have been out the side and didn’t even get on the bench last night .
They must be absolutely useless to not get ahead of that bunch that were selected .
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2020, 21:19:40 pm »

There were some players that have been out the side and didn’t even get on the bench last night .
They must be absolutely useless to not get ahead of that bunch that were selected .

anyone know what's happened to McWilliams??

As for Chris Lines.....the forgotten man!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2020, 05:22:56 am »

Curle going on about the Players being fringe etc. Surely he signed Ashley-Seal, he has decided to introduce Caleb to the main squad, he took Rajic on loan, he signed Missolou, he signed Horsefall etc etc, they are his players! He spouts absolute b00llOcks sometimes. The one common denominator here for the poor performances last season and this is the Management Team! I accept the players didn’t perform but he has to share some responsibility
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2020, 08:17:49 am »

To save people time, a quick appraisal of this thread. I think he's ****, no he's not as **** as i thought, hes quite good, oh not so good, he's getting **** again and yep I was right he's ****!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2020, 09:07:50 am »

anyone know what's happened to McWilliams??

As for Chris Lines.....the forgotten man!

McWilliams is the sort of player that we could have done with in that game , as was Watson .
Oldfield must have looked at that team we put out and thought there are so many gaps to exploit here it’s unbelievable . Sure enough , they did and KC stood on and watched it all happen .
As for Chris lines - well he might as well go and self isolate for the rest of the season . Having said that , Curle could easily pick him for the next game after that shambles .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2020, 12:15:04 pm »

McWilliams is the sort of player that we could have done with in that game , as was Watson .
Oldfield must have looked at that team we put out and thought there are so many gaps to exploit here it’s unbelievable . Sure enough , they did and KC stood on and watched it all happen .
As for Chris lines - well he might as well go and self isolate for the rest of the season . Having said that , Curle could easily pick him for the next game after that shambles .
I honestly don’t think Curle has a clue who to pick apart from “super Sam”,with him as first name on the team sheet tells you all you need to know about the quality we have.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2020, 12:20:41 pm »

I've always been a KC backer but the defeat at Oxford City is undefendable. He got the team selection all wrong. Anyone who watched us tonigh for the first time since 'those two' playoff games will wonder what an earth has happened to us. No fight, no desire, no leadership, no shape, nothing. Just eleven randoms thrown on a pitch and told to get on with it. We've lost our identity that's for sure. I think he's stuck between two styles now and it's not working well in the league (although 4 points in the last 2 games suggested it was turning round), but we completely failed tonight.
It's how we react now that will go a long way to defining the season. He's got to earn his money this week. A win against Accy is needed.
It wasn't KC's fault. He said so...again! 
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2020, 13:33:13 pm »

I honestly don’t think Curle has a clue who to pick apart from “super Sam”,with him as first name on the team sheet tells you all you need to know about the quality we have.

I agree, I think the squad's current size is a double-edged sword. After a bad loss like that KC has the numbers to make wholesale changes and replace mediocre players with ..... yep, mediocre players
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2020, 18:27:45 pm »

This thread hasn't aged well.

Is that Curle or fickle football fans?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2020, 19:24:38 pm »

Is that Curle or fickle football fans?
Fickle  Grin I think if there were away fans at Oxford Curle would have been lynched.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2020, 19:40:22 pm »

Fickle  Grin I think if there were away fans at Oxford Curle would have been lynched.

Grin Grin
He may well have been parted from his 'Fundamentals'! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2020, 20:00:20 pm »

Cobblers fans.  You want:

A team win every game every year.

Hurrah!

Sack every manager of every team.  They all s***.

Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2020, 20:12:41 pm »

Cobblers fans.  You want:

A team win every game every year.

Hurrah!

Sack every manager of every team.  They all ****.

Sums up your knowledge...

Fans don't expect a winning team every week, just one that has an identity, competes & plays a little bit of football nown again. Under KC bar the last two play off games it's been mainly uninspiring dross...

KC done the job he was bought in to do but is out of his depth with his reluctance to adapt or provide a plan B.
Should never have been given a new two year deal in the Summer.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 11, 2020, 20:44:27 pm »

Sums up your knowledge...

Fans don't expect a winning team every week, just one that has an identity, competes & plays a little bit of football nown again. Under KC bar the last two play off games it's been mainly uninspiring dross...

KC done the job he was bought in to do but is out of his depth with his reluctance to adapt or provide a plan B.
Should never have been given a new two year deal in the Summer.

Hey, Mr.Ragdoll,

You say this:

With the amount of players already / soon to be released & available it really is a buyers market.

I'd rather we take out time to bring in the best quality / characters we possible can for the best value.
I have much more faith in our scouting team since Melville left.

I still don't understand how the proposed salary cap will work as I believe it's gonna be 1.5M in L2 & 2.5M in L1

Yet, Bolton are allegedly paying stupid money for players already...

Still, I guess if it's down to the ELF to manage this they'll be fine!  Roll Eyes

You still think this, or, you still stink this?

Big boy love his mum.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #276 on: November 11, 2020, 21:23:35 pm »

Hey, Mr.Ragdoll,

You say this:

You still think this, or, you still stink this?

Big boy love his mum.

Sacha Baron Cohen does it a lot better, pal.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2020, 21:51:01 pm »

Sacha Baron Cohen does it a lot better, pal.

What?
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2020, 21:53:20 pm »

What?

Oh, Sorry, old fellow.

I forgot English customs.

I mean to say

What my scholar?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2020, 23:13:06 pm »

Oh, Sorry, old fellow.

I forgot English customs.

I mean to say

What my scholar?

Sock it to 'em, Bosco, by the way, you remind me of a former poster 'Hallam Cobbler' he used to confront critics with 6 month old former posts. All good fun and wish you luck Cool.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: