The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:36:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Keith Curle appreciation thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Curle appreciation thread  (Read 20058 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2020, 09:19:57 am »

It seems your only interest is in blaming people and you talk as if we're already relegated. This comment seems even more out of place when players from this squad won a match 5-0 less than a week ago. I'm not saying things are great, as I've indicated on other threads, but your comments are way OTT.
Grin We won 5-0 against Southampton U23s are you for real?
Have you actually watched the games?
We have no pattern of play, we can’t string more than a couple of passes together, even the route on hoof ball isn’t working because we don’t have a target man anymore, Smith isn’t going to cut it at this level.
On a positive note if we sign a quality target man loan and and a good Center half we might have half a chance of staying up, otherwise no chance.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2020, 10:18:18 am »

We have no pattern of play, we can’t string more than a couple of passes together, even the route on hoof ball isn’t working because we don’t have a target man anymore, Smith isn’t going to cut it at this level.
On a positive note if we sign a quality target man loan and and a good Center half we might have half a chance of staying up, otherwise no chance.

Agree with this to a degree.
Its also important Curle to know his best  team and I think it is a 4-2-3-1. Watson and Missoulo need to be protecting our defense.
Marshall needs to be one of first players on team sheet as he will without a doubt create chances. Hes technically our best and most experienced player, baffles me hes behind players like Hoskins.

Smith I'm afraid needs to look at his doorman licence and Curle needs to adapt quickly
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2020, 11:04:20 am »

Agree with this to a degree.
Its also important Curle to know his best  team and I think it is a 4-2-3-1. Watson and Missoulo need to be protecting our defense.
Marshall needs to be one of first players on team sheet as he will without a doubt create chances. Hes technically our best and most experienced player, baffles me hes behind players like Hoskins.

Smith I'm afraid needs to look at his doorman licence and Curle needs to adapt quickly

Wise words Mr151.
I didn’t like Missalou but he puts himself about and stops the opposition from playing so I’d probably start him.
Up front we still look desperately short of quality.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2020, 11:13:01 am »

An increase on the budget that was enough to get us out of League 2 and keeps us trading as a football club!

Your alternative plan please from the realistic real world is?
OK here’s an example for you of why I think this mess is also the responsibility of the ego laden Thomas, Oliver who scored again on Saturday, left because we didn’t offer him enough £ for him to make a decision straight after the play off win, this gave other clubs the opportunity to sign him, this was down to wages as was Turnbull’s decision to leave who by the way is light years ahead of any of our current back three.
We are now left with 6 strikers with maybe one of them good enough (Rose).
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3264

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2020, 11:23:09 am »

OK here’s an example for you of why I think this mess is also the responsibility of the ego laden Thomas, Oliver who scored again on Saturday, left because we didn’t offer him enough £ for him to make a decision straight after the play off win, this gave other clubs the opportunity to sign him, this was down to wages as was Turnbull’s decision to leave who by the way is light years ahead of any of our current back three.

I asked for your alternative plan and you say spend extra of KT and DB's money, amazing!!!
It is so easy sitting behind a keyboard and spend other peoples money!

I say the budget has increased, so it is up to KC to plan where to spend the money and take responsibility.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2020, 11:58:59 am »

Not arguing for or against Smith but he does win plenty of aerial balls, the problem being that we only win a small % of the second balls. Given good quality crosses he will probably score more goals than Oliver who scored his first league goal on saturday in 5 games (equates to 9 a season if he plays all games, he only scored 4 in 30 appearances for us). I was not unduly bothered when he left as I was hoping we would sign a similar player offering a greater goal threat.
I am not sure why people are now clammering for Joe Nuttalls inclusion as in 55 appearances for Blackburn and Blackpool he only scored 6 goals, an even worse record than Oliver and we have only seen him for a few minutes. The last three games he has not been in the 18 and there has been no mention of him being injured which appears rather strange.
It will not matter who plays up front if we continue to create so few chances for them and do not improve our crossing.
Of equal concern is that we cannot continue to concede 2 goals a game most of which are coming from defensive lapses rather than good play by the opposition.
It is early season and like last season we have started slowly. Most expected it to be a season in which the objective was to secure enough points to stay up. KC and his team turned it around last year and can do it again.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2020, 12:30:40 pm »

I think supporters are due an up date on Nuttall .
Is he still with us or what ?
Why don’t the media ask these questions .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2020, 12:35:14 pm »

I think supporters are due an up date on Nuttall .
Is he still with us or what ?
Why don’t the media ask these questions .

Keith mentioned a player was suffering from illness, he's probably the player in question.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2020, 14:12:46 pm »

OK here’s an example for you of why I think this mess is also the responsibility of the ego laden Thomas, Oliver who scored again on Saturday, left because we didn’t offer him enough £ for him to make a decision straight after the play off win, this gave other clubs the opportunity to sign him
I would imagine that either our offer was very poor or Gillingham's offer was ridiculously high. Oliver, as I understand it, lives in Sheffield which is just about commutable from Northampton,  you can't commute from Sheffield to Gillingham, so midweek accommodation and disruption to his home life also had to be taken into account.
Basically, I think it would have to have been a much bigger offer by Gillingham because of the extra hassle for Oliver.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2020, 14:50:58 pm »

OK, Oliver was outstanding in the play offs but in lots of other games he was very ordinary. He was not a youngster and his previous record was ordinary as well. Perhaps he one of those hot and cold players? I wonder if that's why he wasn't offered a better contract?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2020, 15:47:06 pm »

KT is releasing a statement later. As far as I am aware, it's nothing to do with Curle. But he will be acknowledging his part in the global COVID pandemic. The forest and bush fires in the U.S. and Australia. The increase in rioting in a number of cities. Global warming. The sub prime mortgage scandal. Melting of the polar ice caps and subsequent rising of the seas. His involvement in the voting scandal surrounding Trumps appointment. And many many more. It's about time he took account for his crass disregard for every fcuking thing that goes wrong.

Also.. I'm pretty sure his eyebrows meet...

Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2020, 15:58:01 pm »

KT is releasing a statement later. As far as I am aware, it's nothing to do with Curle. But he will be acknowledging his part in the global COVID pandemic. The forest and bush fires in the U.S. and Australia. The increase in rioting in a number of cities. Global warming. The sub prime mortgage scandal. Melting of the polar ice caps and subsequent rising of the seas. His involvement in the voting scandal surrounding Trumps appointment. And many many more. It's about time he took account for his crass disregard for every fcuking thing that goes wrong.

The eyebrows comment? was that you thinking aloud while you make KT's puppet for spitting image?! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2020, 16:10:16 pm »

This is interesting.
So if Curle is given the sack, who next?

Wink
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2020, 16:33:24 pm »

Graham Alexander incoming.......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2020, 17:40:17 pm »

This is interesting.
So if Curle is given the sack, who next?

Wink

Wilder might be available soon if Sheffield Utd supporters are similar to ours.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2020, 18:42:36 pm »

Yes, I've seen most of our games, and yes, I consider 5-0 against a premier league U23 side to be a good result. Having said that I agree re Smith and regarding the failure of our tactics in general at the moment, but you're assuming the problem is that we haven't got the players, whereas KC might still be looking for the best way to use them. Some of our new signings have only played 2-3 games (or less!). Why are you presuming that Ashley-Seal or Nuttall can't be the striker we need? We haven't seen enough of either of them to be sure. I think most of our signings could be good enough, if we play to a system that suits them, or if KC can make them play his way. It's not going to be easy this season though.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2020, 19:12:08 pm »

Yes, I've seen most of our games, and yes, I consider 5-0 against a premier league U23 side to be a good result. Having said that I agree re Smith and regarding the failure of our tactics in general at the moment, but you're assuming the problem is that we haven't got the players, whereas KC might still be looking for the best way to use them. Some of our new signings have only played 2-3 games (or less!). Why are you presuming that Ashley-Seal or Nuttall can't be the striker we need? We haven't seen enough of either of them to be sure. I think most of our signings could be good enough, if we play to a system that suits them, or if KC can make them play his way. It's not going to be easy this season though.

Just bloody allow our players to play!!

I found Darren Ferguson's post match comments really interesting. Posh, the away team, worked out our weaknesses beforehand and exploited them, ie he said we were strong in the middle but knew they would have joy out wide. He was also surprised that we man-marked Szmodics......as that allowed him to take his marker for a walk and open up other space.
By man-marking for example, we as the home side went out to negate what we saw as the strengths of the opponent first and foremost. Playing our own style and being on the front foot is not often the way we go out and play, far too often more worried about the opposition rather than trusting in our own (players) ability to impose themselves on the game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2020, 19:20:50 pm »

KC has often said you negate the other teams strengths which allows you to impose your own game. Now we have moved up a division this is proving more difficult.
Talking of managers being more worried what the opposition could do to us immediately make JFH spring to mind who was the worst.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2020, 19:44:16 pm »

KC has often said you negate the other teams strengths which allows you to impose your own game. Now we have moved up a division this is proving more difficult.
Talking of managers being more worried what the opposition could do to us immediately make JFH spring to mind who was the worst.

Totally agree-IMPOSE rather than NEGATE as your priority!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2020, 22:07:56 pm »

I think Chuck looks very promising? Perhaps Benny too?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: