The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 20:31:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

'Ull Sat'dy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Ull Sat'dy  (Read 11054 times)
EB Claret

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2020, 16:00:02 pm »

KC made a big mistake, he planned for a game against Hull City and then Hull Kingston Rovers turned up!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2020, 16:02:00 pm »

Really poor......total lack of quality, didn’t make more than 3 passes all game.
Nicky Adams AND Mark Marshall have to start next week, at the back Racic is one of the worst defenders I’ve seen, all over the place and can’t pass to save his life.
Really don’t get the love in with Mills, Nicky Adams and Marshall are miles better than him at wing back.

We desperately need a Center half to organise things at the back ASAP.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
observer1

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2020, 16:05:30 pm »

Poor game. Cobblers played well in the first 25 minutes but couldn't take advantage. Officials later made big mistakes in the run up to 2-0 and the game was lost in those moments.

Second half Hull played L2 style football killing the game off as much as possible which was infuriating to watch. That being said I do think they were the better side on the day and have the players to win this league quite comfortably.

Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2020, 16:06:12 pm »

Really poor......total lack of quality, didn’t make more than 3 passes all game.
Nicky Adams AND Mark Marshall have to start next week, at the back Racic is one of the worst defenders I’ve seen, all over the place and can’t pass to save his life.
Really don’t get the love in with Mills, Nicky Adams and Marshall are miles better than him at wing back.

We desperately need a Center half to organise things at the back ASAP.

Agree with this, I think now we can all see just how good Charlie Goode was.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2020, 16:08:25 pm »

Mills will get in positions to shoot and will be looking to score goals, a bit different to Adams who'll just get in position to cross. He didnt do much today, but then again neither did anyone.

Biggest worry for me is that we're rubbish at set pieces so far. We had the highest percentage of goals from set pieces in the league last year, and we both offer nothing going forward, but we also are not great at defending them either
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2020, 16:12:12 pm »

A few thoughts.

1. Hull weren't great, but will probably be up there this season. The difference between the sides lay in defensive solidity and midfield quality. Honeyman in particular was a class above our midfielders and his goal and exquisite set-piece assist only served to underscore his overall dominance of the midfield. Do we have anyone to match him? Perhaps not, but hopefully Adams will return to his imperious best on set plays and Sowerby should give us a bit more quality and composure in the middle.

2. As NTFC Nut says Sticking as many big lumps up front as possible has always been Keith's plan B.  You can just about get away with it in League Two (c.f. Mansfield away last year for instance). However, at League One level you need a bit more variation than that. Korboa might give us something a bit different to unlock tiring defences, but I can't help thinking that we need to sign another striker with a bit of pace and/or guile to stop us becoming predictable.

3. Brentford fans really seem to rate Racic. I get the impression that he is still acclimatising to L1 football having been used to the under-23s when you get more time on the ball. I think he could still come good given a bit more work on the training ground with KC.

However, there's no getting away from the fact that we are shipping a few goals and this needs addressing.

Overall there's no disgrace in losing to one of the big hitters in the division and I'm pretty satisfied with the start to the season. Hopefully things will start to come together when the likes of Adams, Horsfall and Sowerby return to full fitness.

Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2020, 16:18:16 pm »

First 30 minutes we had good possession and played pretty well. After that we looked pretty poor. Only one shot on target, Smith did nothing 2nd half and Nuttall also failed to impress. Rajiv did prevent a 3rd tbf. What the hell were we doing ending up with 3 CFs up front and no width! Thought Martin did ok and Marshall.
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2020, 16:20:26 pm »

A quick acknowledgement that the ref was dreadful. He gave stuff against us for no reason and allowed Hull to time waste.

Though... Even if he had been a good ref it wouldn’t have mattered. We lacked any kind of cutting edge and nobody was able to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen. There is a way to play a more direct game but this was not it - honestly today’s game was reminiscent of having Clive Platt up front during the Aidy Boothroyd days, boot it high in the air and see what happens!

He’s only played a few pro matches but we really missed Korboa today as a player who would get the ball and actually run at a defender instead of lump it ahead of him. Also disappointing to see that Sowerby is presumably injured so I assume it’ll be a month until we see him since we only sign injured players...

This back 3 system doesn’t have a future if we don’t sign another one as it’s common sense that you can’t play a back 3 when you only have 3 central defenders in the club, and one of them is not only a liability but also has a poor attitude  Angry

Plus going to a back 4 would allow us to play a 3rd player in the middle, given we now have a number of midfielders at the club it doesn’t make much sense to only play two per game. Sowerby presumably came here to play, but you’d also think McWilliams won’t be too pleased if he’s warming the bench either
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2020, 16:29:56 pm »

Smith dominated both of Hull's centre half's for the first 30 minutes, with the ref giving us a stream of free kicks, BUT then the ref strangely stopped awarding ANY free kicks against Hull.
It did not help that the service into Smith dried up!
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2020, 16:36:32 pm »

Let’s not kid ourselves ... we were awful for most of last season and got promoted on the back of 2 great performances.

I think all the pieces came together right at the end of last season:
We had a great strike force in Oliver & Morton, VO commanding and CM great work rate, pace & finishing
McCormack was back from injury and running the midfield
We had a centre back partnership that had formed a good relationship
We had a ridiculous amount of aerial ability and good delivery from Adams making us leather from set pieces

Would have loved to see how that team would have done in league one, unfortunately that was never going to happen. We’ve had none of that this season, results have actually been better than I anticipated considering the current team. I guess time will tell what happens this season.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2020, 16:52:40 pm »

Worrying that only 14% of our attempted crosses ended up in the box
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2020, 17:12:08 pm »

Frustrating game but no need to panic I don't think. They were well organised and played the ref well. We looked pretty toothless which is the main concern.

Be surprised if Hull are up there though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2020, 17:16:18 pm »

Worrying that only 14% of our attempted crosses ended up in the box
Where did the others end up then?..
Im not a big fan of stats and this is a good example of why. I didnt watch the game on IFollow today so cant comment on the match itself but that is plainly a ridiculous stat taken at face value.
If a cross is defined as a ball from a wide position into the box how on earth can a team of professional footballers only achieve 14%?
The only way I can see an attempted cross failing is by it hitting a defender (or being cut out by him) because surely every professional footballer in the first four divisions will be able to make a ball reach the penalty box if unimpeded?
Does this really mean then that six out of our seven crosses were blocked by the first defender (stand up Sammy Hoskins?) or does it mean we playing a team of U/8's that just cant kick very far?
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2020, 17:20:04 pm »

Where did the others end up then?..
Im not a big fan of stats and this is a good example of why. I didnt watch the game on IFollow today so cant comment on the match itself but that is plainly a ridiculous stat taken at face value.
If a cross is defined as a ball from a wide position into the box how on earth can a team of professional footballers only achieve 14%?
The only way I can see an attempted cross failing is by it hitting a defender (or being cut out by him) because surely every professional footballer in the first four divisions will be able to make a ball reach the penalty box if unimpeded?
Does this really mean then that six out of our seven crosses were blocked by the first defender (stand up Sammy Hoskins?) or does it mean we playing a team of U/8's that just cant kick very far?

Some were blocked, but the majority went straight out for GKs!

A very worrying stat for a side that is set up to get the ball wide and put it into the box.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2020, 17:43:29 pm »

Poor game. Cobblers played well in the first 25 minutes but couldn't take advantage. Officials later made big mistakes in the run up to 2-0 and the game was lost in those moments.

Second half Hull played L2 style football killing the game off as much as possible which was infuriating to watch. That being said I do think they were the better side on the day and have the players to win this league quite comfortably.

Spot on analysis.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2020, 19:02:36 pm »

Some were blocked, but the majority went straight out for GKs!

A very worrying stat for a side that is set up to get the ball wide and put it into the box.
I see.
That's made me wonder then, what constitutes a cross from just a long ball forwards from wide?.. how advanced does the kicker need to be before one definition crosses to the other?
Also, how wide does the kicker have to be before its considered a cross? Can he 'cross' a ball that's already inside the box for example? A failed attempt from that starting position would be something.
DW, I'm not asking for answers!

Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2020, 19:26:17 pm »

Just looked at the BBC report, a little disappointed that the ref didn't credited with the assist for the second goal  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2020, 19:47:01 pm »

12/1 the draw or 40/1 for a Cobblers win if you reckon he's wrong........ Wink

Love it don’t you Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3086

« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2020, 20:18:46 pm »

Love it don’t you Roll Eyes
?
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2020, 20:22:06 pm »

I see.
That's made me wonder then, what constitutes a cross from just a long ball forwards from wide?.. how advanced does the kicker need to be before one definition crosses to the other?
Also, how wide does the kicker have to be before its considered a cross? Can he 'cross' a ball that's already inside the box for example? A failed attempt from that starting position would be something.
DW, I'm not asking for answers!

That’s lucky as I can’t answer all of those questions, I can only relay the stats reported.

I guess the real answer is stop being tight, spend £10 and you’ll be able to watch for yourself  Evil

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: