The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 02:31:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

'Ull Sat'dy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Ull Sat'dy  (Read 10870 times)
guest3338

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2020, 21:48:02 pm »

You're right, I am being tight relying on numpty for commentary only and I know you were only repeating what had been reported, but I'd still like to know what defines a cross in this instance to see if I agree.
How otherwise could I place any credence in what I'm being told?

Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2020, 22:24:56 pm »

You're right, I am being tight relying on numpty for commentary only and I know you were only repeating what had been reported, but I'd still like to know what defines a cross in this instance to see if I agree.
How otherwise could I place any credence in what I'm being told?

I’ve offered no commentary, just reported a fact. If you agree with a fact or not is irrelevant.

Nobody could care less if you can place any credence or not in what you’ve read.

You’ve been posting all day, perhaps next week set the moths free from your wallet, part with a few quid and watch the game.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2020, 22:47:04 pm »

?

MYOB Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2020, 22:49:08 pm »

I’ve offered no commentary, just reported a fact. If you agree with a fact or not is irrelevant.

Nobody could care less if you can place any credence or not in what you’ve read.

You’ve been posting all day, perhaps next week set the moths free from your wallet, part with a few quid and watch the game.

Bet you did not see that response coming CJ Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2020, 06:26:53 am »

Didnt expect anything from that game apart from Manworks continued observations we dont play like Barcalona.

To have 4 points on the board at this stage with the injuries we have had is amazing. Im not expecting anything other than a relegation battle this year with practically and whole new team.

I still cant understand ether why people on  here expecting us to suddenly start knocking about the park and have a team full of players like Goode, Morton, Holmes and Bayo.In the current climate just glad to have a manger whose trying to build a squad with a certain mentality and not sign players like Van Veen, McGuian et al and a team that plays every saturday because who knows what's round the courner
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2020, 08:16:29 am »

Neither did I say you were offering a commentary, I only agreed that you were repeating what you had been spoonfed Mr Tetchy. I have no problem with you placing as much credence in those statistics as you wish, indeed they might work for me if I only knew the mechanics behind how they arrived at that %. That was my slightly tongue in cheek point about these things.
I think what you mean is you couldn't care less if what you reported is taken seriously by me because I'm not sure you have the authority to speak for others on this board? Some may have opinions closer to mine than yours.
Your advice I will take on board and consider, I might very well watch next weeks game on Ifollow.
For the record I posted a total of 6 times yesterday, twice during the game, and four times afterwards three of which were in response to your initial commentary. If you think that constitutes posting all day, then my day surely beats your week?
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2020, 09:57:47 am »

Hull went to this follow this  one and having been listen9ing to Numpty Radio many times before decided to sit at home

Interesting perspective on the game listening to the radio, Arnold looked dodgy all game punching one cross straight up in the air and luckily getting the foul, his kicking  was a horror show, a mediocre shot bounced off his chest back to corr who he then bundled into, truly shocking.
I never want to see manoworks play for us again !
Mills got roasted down the wing because he is a centre half.......
Don't even go there with Curless tactics.I can assure you that this forum is read by the club as a barometer of the support, as well as the media , so once again sad act your wrong!
BTW your option is only important to that voice in your head.

Curle’s tactics seemed to consist exclusively of hoofing it to Smith yesterday. Neither Hoskins or Mills made much of an impact (Sammy hitting the bar in minute one aside) but I found it hard to understand what position they were supposed to be playing. A charitable way of describing our formation might have been 5-4-1 without the ball and 5-2-3 with the ball, but there was precious little interplay between the forwards and hit and hope was the order of the day.

The wing-backs were very poorly utilised with Mills often receiving the ball in his own half without any passing options ahead of him. Basic movements such as overlaps, overloads and triangles (which should have been orchestrated by Hoskins and Mills) appeared to be completely out of the question.

The primitive hoofest reached its apotheosis when Curle went for three big men up front. (The infamous Rico and Revell partnership seems positively Guardiolaesque in comparison.)

And yet ... we got a point. Partly because we have arguably the Worst three centre backs in the league and partly because Curle knows enough to play the percentges and grind out results at this level. The big question for me is whether that will be sufficient to get us promoted and to lead to some genuine evolution. I’d have liked to have seen us bring on Roberts  yesterday once it became clear that the midfield battle was being lost. On the other hand, Curle will feel that his approach was vindicated and its hard to argue with our place in the table.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2020, 10:47:26 am »

Could someone translate the above. Glad we got a point?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2020, 10:51:50 am »

Hull went to this follow this  one and having been listen9ing to Numpty Radio many times before decided to sit at home

Interesting perspective on the game listening to the radio, Arnold looked dodgy all game punching one cross straight up in the air and luckily getting the foul, his kicking  was a horror show, a mediocre shot bounced off his chest back to corr who he then bundled into, truly shocking.
I never want to see manoworks play for us again !
Mills got roasted down the wing because he is a centre half.......
Don't even go there with Curless tactics.I can assure you that this forum is read by the club as a barometer of the support, as well as the media , so once again sad act your wrong!
BTW your option is only important to that voice in your head.

Curle’s tactics seemed to consist exclusively of hoofing it to Smith yesterday. Neither Hoskins or Mills made much of an impact (Sammy hitting the bar in minute one aside) but I found it hard to understand what position they were supposed to be playing. A charitable way of describing our formation might have been 5-4-1 without the ball and 5-2-3 with the ball, but there was precious little interplay between the forwards and hit and hope was the order of the day.

The wing-backs were very poorly utilised with Mills often receiving the ball in his own half without any passing options ahead of him. Basic movements such as overlaps, overloads and triangles (which should have been orchestrated by Hoskins and Mills) appeared to be completely out of the question.

The primitive hoofest reached its apotheosis when Curle went for three big men up front. (The infamous Rico and Revell partnership seems positively Guardiolaesque in comparison.)

And yet ... we got a point. Partly because we have arguably the Worst three centre backs in the league and partly because Curle knows enough to play the percentges and grind out results at this level. The big question for me is whether that will be sufficient to get us promoted and to lead to some genuine evolution. I’d have liked to have seen us bring on Roberts  yesterday once it became clear that the midfield battle was being lost. On the other hand, Curle will feel that his approach was vindicated and its hard to argue with our place in the table.

I know your views on this matter Wink
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2020, 11:11:30 am »

We got lucky. We were all kept out !

Dreadful game.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2020, 11:40:16 am »

Where did the others end up then?..
Im not a big fan of stats and this is a good example of why. I didnt watch the game on IFollow today so cant comment on the match itself but that is plainly a ridiculous stat taken at face value.

I actually think this is an example of a useful stat which elucidates the central problem behind our failure to create chances yesterday.

Marshall and Mills have been in good form, but I think both had a bit of an off day going forward yesterday. Marshall in particular got in good positions but the crosses were often blocked or inaccurate. Smith, Warburton and Hoskins had very little service and this, coupled with Hull's defensive solidity, was why we failed to score.

We place a lot of creative responsibility on our wing-backs because we don't really have a 'no.10' creative midfielder type to go at the top of the central midfield three and thread passes through. Hopefully Sowerby might be able to adopt that play-maker role in time.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2020, 11:53:41 am »

I actually think this is an example of a useful stat which elucidates the central problem behind our failure to create chances yesterday.

Marshall and Mills have been in good form, but I think both had a bit of an off day going forward yesterday. Marshall in particular got in good positions but the crosses were often blocked or inaccurate. Smith, Warburton and Hoskins had very little service and this, coupled with Hull's defensive solidity, was why we failed to score.

We place a lot of creative responsibility on our wing-backs because we don't really have a 'no.10' creative midfielder type to go at the top of the central midfield three and thread passes through. Hopefully Sowerby might be able to adopt that play-maker role in time.

I’m sorry mate but when did Mills play well recently? Marshall and Adams are our ONLY creative players, like you say hopefully Sowerby might be a bit mor creative, for me Mills is a massive disappointment.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2020, 13:01:43 pm »

I might agree if I knew what they define as a cross Bungle. How would you define a  crossed ball into a penalty box in professional football , from where does the football need to be kicked from to qualify as that for you?
My fear when taking these stats at face value is that they have been collected by people who do  not hold the same view about that as me. The type that play the game on pieces of paper and not the fields of green 👍
Need I go on?
Report Spam   Logged
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2020, 13:15:32 pm »

I’m sorry mate but when did Mills play well recently? Marshall and Adams are our ONLY creative players, like you say hopefully Sowerby might be a bit mor creative, for me Mills is a massive disappointment.

So Mills is going singled out by you as the player to slate every game. You've had about half a dozen snipes at him in this thread alone.

Do you ever see the good in anything or are you one of life's sad little moaners?

I predicted weeks ago in another thread that you'd be first in the queue to moan at the first defeat - and here you are.....
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2020, 14:08:16 pm »

I might agree if I knew what they define as a cross Bungle. How would you define a  crossed ball into a penalty box in professional football , from where does the football need to be kicked from to qualify as that for you?
My fear when taking these stats at face value is that they have been collected by people who do  not hold the same view about that as me. The type that play the game on pieces of paper and not the fields of green 👍
Need I go on?

I’ve never read so much b0llocks in my life. I’m struggling to grasp if you’re stupid or awkward.

Assuming it’s not the latter, a cross is an intentional ball played from a wide position with the intention of reaching a team mate in front of the goal.

In yesterday’s example only 14% of our crosses made it into the box. An even less percentage landed in front of the goal and I can’t recall any actually reaching a team mate.

Before you ask, the term team mate doesn’t mean that the two players in question are friends. Just simply that they play for the same team.

I hope this helps.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2020, 14:22:38 pm »

Only saw the second half, but it seems to me that when our wingers/wing-backs are on song we play well. When they get snuffed out, as they did yesterday, we play hoofball and look one-dimensional and less (or not at all) threatening. I agree that needs to be addressed and hopefully will be. Howver, some ups and downs are inevitable as we try to find our feet in this division with a new squad and I now have faith that with KC we will do that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2020, 15:43:47 pm »

I’ve never read so much b0llocks in my life. I’m struggling to grasp if you’re stupid or awkward.

Assuming it’s not the latter, a cross is an intentional ball played from a wide position with the intention of reaching a team mate in front of the goal.

In yesterday’s example only 14% of our crosses made it into the box. An even less percentage landed in front of the goal and I can’t recall any actually reaching a team mate.

Before you ask, the term team mate doesn’t mean that the two players in question are friends. Just simply that they play for the same team.

I hope this helps.
lol.
Wondered where you'd got to Richard.
Define the boundaries of the 'wide position' then smart arse. I've only asked you that three maybe four times.
No. You dont know do you? You dont know if it includes hopeful punts up field from a left back position on the halfway line, because afterall that is a 'wide position'. Does it include those balls aimed towards the box from halfway inside the opponents half or does it only qualify as a cross if the ball is centred from level with the penalty box? Does it include little dinks over the fullback from inside the box?
You dont know? Or surprise me... you do know? Thing is, if you've followed me this far even you should grasp those types of thing will make quite a difference to the final statistic, but of course If you are so non questioning that you swallow everything without thought, then that doesnt really matter does it?
Oh, and 'An even less percentage' landed in front of goal'... 🤣 Wrong on so many levels that you've piqued my interest considerably, so please carry on, what are we trying to describe here Mr Mysterious Curle?

Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2020, 15:46:29 pm »

From the opposition's perspective.
Hull Live;

Hull Live: Perfect start to life in League One continues for Hull City at Northampton Town.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/hull-city-northampton-match-reports-4552193
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2020, 19:43:46 pm »

Hull were not as good as I was expecting and if we had defended better we could have come away with a point which most would have been pleased with. However we did not lay a glove on them in the attacking 1/3rd.
I think the majority see this season as gaining enough points to maintain our div.1 status. We may do this or we may not but there are going to be games which we will start with a low expectation of gaining points, Sunderland, Ipswich etc but may pull off a surprise result. Similarly we will no doubt have defeats against teams when we expect not to lose.
When we have the majority of the squad fit and we have played our "first choice" team for a number of games we will have an indication of where we are headed. A concern at the moment is that after 6 games, accross 3 competitions, we have conceded 12 goals and we cannot concede an average of 2 goals a game and stay up. 4 of these of course was against Bristol City and we have suffered injuries to the back line but we need to do better defensively. KC is also still after 2 more signings and I hope he can add more potency to our attack.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2020, 19:56:43 pm »

Strange thing yesterday was the ref's refusal of players using the spare balls positioned around the ground, insisting on using the "original" match ball. This played right into Hull's intensions of killing the game in the second half, I did time one throw in that took 38 seconds, retrieving the ball and taking the throw when there was a ball on one of those little pedestals ready to use. Correct me if I'm wrong , but that's why those balls are there to save time when there is no one to retrieve the ball, but he didn't seem to know this.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: