The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 21:19:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

'Ull Sat'dy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Ull Sat'dy  (Read 10886 times)
Larry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2020, 21:03:17 pm »

Some were blocked, but the majority went straight out for GKs!

A very worrying stat for a side that is set up to get the ball wide and put it into the box.

I wouldn't worry too much -

interesting article about crossing
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2020, 21:56:16 pm »

Strange thing yesterday was the ref's refusal of players using the spare balls positioned around the ground, insisting on using the "original" match ball. This played right into Hull's intensions of killing the game in the second half, I did time one throw in that took 38 seconds, retrieving the ball and taking the throw when there was a ball on one of those little pedestals ready to use. Correct me if I'm wrong , but that's why those balls are there to save time when there is no one to retrieve the ball, but he didn't seem to know this.
Just a guess but the spare ball thing may have something to do with Covid transmission? Perhaps it’s part of a Covid management plan or something?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2020, 23:18:31 pm »

Just a guess but the spare ball thing may have something to do with Covid transmission? Perhaps it’s part of a Covid management plan or something?
The Prem games on Sky today, the spare ball was used every time.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2020, 07:58:05 am »

So Mills is going singled out by you as the player to slate every game. You've had about half a dozen snipes at him in this thread alone.

Do you ever see the good in anything or are you one of life's sad little moaners?

I predicted weeks ago in another thread that you'd be first in the queue to moan at the first defeat - and here you are.....

It’s a football forum, it’s a place to discuss opinions.
Unfortunately I don’t see any good in you, you’re like chicken giblets, pointless.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2020, 07:59:14 am »

How many Hull were on the hill, were any of ours up there as well?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2020, 08:31:58 am »

I’ve never read so much b0llocks in my life. I’m struggling to grasp if you’re stupid or awkward.

Assuming it’s not the latter, a cross is an intentional ball played from a wide position with the intention of reaching a team mate in front of the goal.

In yesterday’s example only 14% of our crosses made it into the box. An even less percentage landed in front of the goal and I can’t recall any actually reaching a team mate.

Before you ask, the term team mate doesn’t mean that the two players in question are friends. Just simply that they play for the same team.

I hope this helps.

Apologies if you've already posted it but do you have a link to the 14% stat?

I've searched and can't find it anywhere. Is the stat you're quoting successful crosses (I can't find that either fwiw)? If so, that doesn't mean crosses that made it into the box, it's crosses that were met by one of our own players.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2020, 09:27:59 am »

Racic is the big concern for me. He doesn't look good enough or ready for 1st team football. Hopefully he improves.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2020, 10:15:30 am »

The Prem games on Sky today, the spare ball was used every time.
That’s knackered that theory then?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2020, 10:56:08 am »

That’s knackered that theory then?
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2020, 11:02:53 am »

it's exactly to do with covid transmission - they are supposed to use the new balls when possible, or when closer as they have been wiped with anti bac - the referees insistence on using the match ball goes against all the rules they brought in place and against common sense as well.

thats before how annoying it was when it was used to waste time as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2020, 11:26:54 am »

When the ball is kicked into the stand (or away from the field of play) and retrieved by someone who is not a player, the ball needs to be sterilised, normally by the person collecting the ball who has (should have) wipes in his/her possession.
The balls that are sterile are placed on top of the cones around the pitch and should be used rather than wait for the ball in the stand to be collected, sterilised etc...
Each time one of the 'cone' balls are used, they are replaced by the newly sterilised retrieved ball.
Report Spam   Logged

Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2020, 11:40:43 am »

I wouldn't imagine we need to sterolise the ball, the way we play any covid19 there would have had the s*** kicked out of it
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2020, 13:21:19 pm »

It’s a farce regarding the balls because there is little to no testing going on anyway .
The bubbles are also being broken all over the place .
So .... what’s it all about ?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2020, 14:20:53 pm »

It’s a farce regarding the balls because there is little to no testing going on anyway .
The bubbles are also being broken all over the place .
So .... what’s it all about ?

The inactive ball is wiped clean and placed on a cone its EFL anti virus procedure. Take it you are not in favour of EPL Anti Virus Procedure? Most Premier Clubs are Testing  as are Championship Clubs. Not sure about L1 and L2 Clubs.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2020, 15:43:05 pm »

When the ball is kicked into the stand (or away from the field of play) and retrieved by someone who is not a player, the ball needs to be sterilised, normally by the person collecting the ball who has (should have) wipes in his/her possession.
The balls that are sterile are placed on top of the cones around the pitch and should be used rather than wait for the ball in the stand to be collected, sterilised etc...
Each time one of the 'cone' balls are used, they are replaced by the newly sterilised retrieved ball.
So the exact opposite to what Saturdays ref did  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2020, 15:44:30 pm »

So the exact opposite to what Saturdays ref did  Huh?

Sounds like it... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2020, 16:28:11 pm »

Unfortunately I don’t see any good in you, you’re like chicken giblets, pointless.

I'm not so sure that a live, healthy chicken would consider its giblets to be pointless.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2020, 16:59:33 pm »

How many Hull were on the hill, were any of ours up there as well?

It were right nippy on the hill I can tell thee. Their troop were sound though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2020, 17:00:28 pm »

Makes a good stock skipper.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3396

« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2020, 17:20:44 pm »

Don't mind Evers, Cobble-Wobble; he's the self-appointed guardian of who can think what and how they express it. You'll either get used to him and/or learn to ignore him. The rest of us have.

Thank you for the warning.

His reply did make me think I should not have joined in the "banter".

I guess I must stand up to folk like him on this board?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: