The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:14:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bristol Rovers (a) Saturday 3 October 2020 - 1500hrs KO

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers (a) Saturday 3 October 2020 - 1500hrs KO  (Read 9758 times)
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2020, 16:39:49 pm »

Curle: I don’t think we did this well, I don’t think we did that well, or that, or that! That sums it up but what are you going to do about it!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2020, 16:49:27 pm »

Curle: I don’t think we did this well, I don’t think we did that well, or that, or that! That sums it up but what are you going to do about it!

The same as he's done before with his 41% win ratio  Roll Eyes We're 4 games in with a new set of players a lot of them short of match fitness.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2020, 16:50:23 pm »

No, that's a separate competition. He will miss next Saturdays game.

I believe the rules changed last season, red cards apply to the next competitive game whatever the competition (unless the red was received in the EFL Trophy where it only applies to the next EFL Trophy game).....accumulated yellows are competition specific though.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
yayo bayo

View Profile
Poll Voter Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2020, 16:57:28 pm »

I think the initial selection was showing loyalty to players who had bridged the gap effectively in previous games. If the best players are fit enough to play, they should play from the outset
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2020, 16:58:13 pm »

Harry smith was nowhere near good enough last season in the division below .
He is even more out of his depth now .
None of the central defenders are an improvement on the three that haven’t returned.
The goalkeeper is much weaker than Cornell .
Warburton is not up to it .
This needs to be changed around pretty quickly
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2020, 17:13:16 pm »

I believe the rules changed last season, red cards apply to the next competitive game whatever the competition (unless the red was received in the EFL Trophy where it only applies to the next EFL Trophy game).....accumulated yellows are competition specific though.

You're normally right about these things, so probably the same in this case  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2020, 17:24:08 pm »

Harry smith was nowhere near good enough last season in the division below .
He is even more out of his depth now .
None of the central defenders are an improvement on the three that haven’t returned.
The goalkeeper is much weaker than Cornell .
Warburton is not up to it .
This needs to be changed around pretty quickly

Funny as this is pretty much what everyone was saying last year and we got promoted.

You would think having a influx of new players , people would maybe have learnt to give manager a bit of time but what do I know
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2020, 17:33:45 pm »

You're normally right about these things, so probably the same in this case  Wink

We'll see! Having looked through the EFL disciplinary procedures its says that two yellows in a game equals a red equals a one game ban....which we know. It also says that ban commences immediately.....

A red in a league game seems to carry over to the next game, whether its a league game, and FA Cup game or an EFL Cup game but it does not mention the EFL Trophy except to say that reds earned in that trophy are only carried over to following games in that competition.

So it appears we may both be partly right......Reds do get carried over into the next game regardless of competition unless the next game is the EFL Trophy......therefore it looks like he'll serve his ban against The Posh.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2020, 17:50:10 pm »

Funny as this is pretty much what everyone was saying last year and we got promoted.

You would think having a influx of new players , people would maybe have learnt to give manager a bit of time but what do I know

Unfortunately the usual suspects on here can't wait to pile in with their "told you so attitude"

Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2020, 17:51:10 pm »

Going to have to reply to that as that has got to me.

Firstly, can only assume that you did not watch the game, because if you did, how you're possibly making a defence for today is beyond me.

We have just been dominated by a team who prior to today, had won 2 games in 22. Not only did we get dominated, but the same manager who had won 2 games in 22 tactically out thought Keith. Tonight he deserves criticism just like the 11 he selected to represent the club today.

We have just had our one easy on paper game for October and being battered. The remaining league games in October are Peterborough, Plymouth A, Swindon and Charlton H, and then Portsmouth and Wigan A. In normal circumstances that's a horrible run of fixtures. Coming off a dreadful performance to the team bottom of the league, it's the stuff of nightmares.

Keith now has 1 week to change the formation, work out his best team and fire them up for the most important home game of the season for the club. I hope that he succeeds as no win in 14 years to those tossers is far too long.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest2995

« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2020, 17:57:08 pm »

[/quote

We would not have gone up with Smith and Warburton starting up front . Or with a porous central defence .
Of course Curle needs to be given time to get us working as a unit but you have to hope that some of these players will fit into the system we play .
I doubt we will see much more of the Warburton and Smith combination again
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2020, 18:01:26 pm »

Such was the performance and of defeat that it supplied perfect ammunition for those snowflakes who can't stomach KC. It was a poor game and showing against a Bristol side who during the second half were made to look a very decent side. Again IMO questionable substitutions; all three? I thought we were listless through out; Sowerby* went awol and Benny .... WTF! He looked entirely disinterested.
Very difference to nominate MOM but for me EITHER Hoskins or Arnold if only for keeping the score down. Don't mind them losing but not in the manner today; really bad day at the office today for team and management. Must admit the usual suspects come to the fore after a display like today; they seem to revel in such situations. This thread will soon surpass the traditional 10 page thread however good luck to those made of sterner stuff Wink

* probably unjust
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 18:28:35 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2020, 18:05:50 pm »

Firstly, can only assume that you did not watch the game, because if you did, how you're possibly making a defence for today is beyond me.

We have just been dominated by a team who prior to today, had won 2 games in 22. Not only did we get dominated, but the same manager who had won 2 games in 22 tactically out thought Keith. Tonight he deserves criticism just like the 11 he selected to represent the club today.

We have just had our one easy on paper game for October and being battered. The remaining league games in October are Peterborough, Plymouth A, Swindon and Charlton H, and then Portsmouth and Wigan A. In normal circumstances that's a horrible run of fixtures. Coming off a dreadful performance to the team bottom of the league, it's the stuff of nightmares.

Keith now has 1 week to change the formation, work out his best team and fire them up for the most important home game of the season for the club. I hope that he succeeds as no win in 14 years to those tossers is far too long.

We are going to lose to posh, no doubt on my mind about that.
I just dont know what you or people like manwork expect.
New back 3
New strike force
Lost out best player
Small budget compared to clubs in this league.

Its been a relegation battle since the final whistle at Exeter.

Winging, moaning, calling our player rubbish aint going to change any of that.
We are what we are and rather than be a negative troll about it, im going to remain positive and be grateful I still have a club to support.

Im not a half empty person, I find those people tedious
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2020, 18:07:36 pm »

Dan, you are spot on. I don’t revel in criticising the team but the past 2 performances have been dire. Ever rite, I don’t see how Hoskins deserves any praise today, wayward passing and no threat whatsoever, but he certainly wasn’t the worst. Missolou for me was our most effective player and unlucky no to score. What does Curle do, take him off and leave Watson on! It’s decisions like that which frustrate me.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2020, 18:16:04 pm »

Going for a loss, we'll go behind and KC will then bring on the players that should be starting when it's too late.
Spot on.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2020, 18:29:39 pm »

Spot on.

Not spot on, he should have brought on Adams, Marshall & Rose  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2020, 18:51:02 pm »

We are going to lose to posh, no doubt on my mind about that.
I just dont know what you or people like manwork expect.
New back 3
New strike force
Lost out best player
Small budget compared to clubs in this league.

Its been a relegation battle since the final whistle at Exeter.

Winging, moaning, calling our player rubbish aint going to change any of that.
We are what we are and rather than be a negative troll about it, im going to remain positive and be grateful I still have a club to support.

Im not a half empty person, I find those people tedious

I don't revel in it either so F off with that kind of talk  Roll Eyes. If it wasn't for Covid I'd have been there leading the chants with Coolcat, don't know who you are so can't say if you would have been there or not. Today was terrible and has rightly been said so. I've seen better and hope for better.
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2020, 18:59:18 pm »

Not spot on, he should have brought on Adams, Marshall & Rose  Tongue

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2020, 19:04:05 pm »

Spot on.

Yep - apologies too for calling you negative (which you were even if right Cool).
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2020, 19:13:07 pm »

So,  you'te not buying into his philosophy?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: