The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:17:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Petition - Allow Football Fans To Attend Matches At All Levels

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition - Allow Football Fans To Attend Matches At All Levels  (Read 4161 times)
CobblerForever

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2020, 17:03:31 pm »

I presume EFL clubs are waiting to see what the agreement is between themselves and the Premier League for financial support. They might then be able to propose a generous settlement to ticket holders not allowed to enforce their rights to attend matches they have paid for.

In all honesty, season ticket holders should have the right to receive refunds for games they are not allowed to attend.

Life isn't fair (of course).
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2020, 18:49:38 pm »

I take it that's aimed at me?

Well Everbrite it looks like there's some momentum building, the club and EFL have now tweeted the petition.   

If current infection continues to surge am not sure if Gov will allow Football Grounds to reopen. Have to wait and see what happens. By the way this thread has not attracted too much support.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3063

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2020, 19:05:15 pm »

If current infection continues to surge am not sure if Gov will allow Football Grounds to reopen. Have to wait and see what happens. By the way this thread has not attracted too much support.

Approaching 100k signatures though, and early days.

Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2020, 19:21:32 pm »

Definitely won’t be signing.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2020, 20:17:33 pm »

Definitely won’t be signing.

Nor I.
As someone else has said, two wrongs do not make a right.
The ignorance and selfishness displayed by some is horrifying and will enable this Pandemic to endure.

I have not seen my Dad since Grimsby away on the 29 Feb, I would love to, but it isn't worth the risk. 
He is a STH and he, like me, will not be attending a game anytime soon.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3063

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2020, 21:11:16 pm »

Nor I.
The ignorance and selfishness displayed by some is horrifying and will enable this Pandemic to endure.

I have not seen my Dad since Grimsby away on the 29 Feb, I would love to, but it isn't worth the risk. 

I'm sorry to hear you haven't seen your Dad since February Deepcut.

Unfortunately, this virus will endure until there is a vaccine. Young people's attitude to party after pub closing time as shown on news coverage is shameful. However, watching a football match in a controlled environment is completely different.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2020, 21:11:58 pm »

Nor I.

Glad to hear all is ok with Pop Cool
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2020, 22:16:44 pm »

I'm sorry to hear you haven't seen your Dad since February Deepcut.

Unfortunately, this virus will endure until there is a vaccine. Young people's attitude to party after pub closing time as shown on news coverage is shameful. However, watching a football match in a controlled environment is completely different.

The whole vaccine argument raises more questions than it gives answers.......who is going to take it? Presumably you are not advocating compulsory vaccination? Will it be successful? If so for how long? How will we know who has taken it and who hasn't? Stamps on foreheads? ID Cards?  Those who have had the vaccine will be able to do things whereas those who don't take it up will still be required to take precautions?

I believe the best hope is that this thing blows itself out after a year like SAR's did. Either that or it will have "gone through" everyone in a shortish space of time.......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2020, 23:14:46 pm »

My view is that I would urge anyone to follow the expert advice and comply with current directives. This is not the time to be cavalier or follow some gut instinct or possibly ill informed campaign. Follow the guidelines or people die, it’s that simple, and no individual has the right to make a knee jerk decision when the impacts on others are so severe. Do your own research using a trusted source like the NHS and the BMA and commonsense should point you in the right direction. Here is a NHS letter from the Chief Executive Sir Simon Stevens & Chief Operating Officer Amanda Pritchard back in April & July regarding the challenges faced ahead by the NHS. Put that in the context of today? Don’t be a part of making the already extremely difficult what may become impossible? https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/publication/second-phase-of-nhs-response-to-covid-19-letter-from-simon-stevens-and-amanda-pritchard/

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2020/07/20200731-Phase-3-letter-final-1.pdf
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 23:23:41 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 01:09:02 am »

Signed.

The Germans, who are putting us to shame with basically every element of their Covid response from travel restrictions to test and trace, have shown it's possible to get crowds of up to 10k into football stadia in a safe, socially distanced way.

As others have pointed out in this thread, if the situation isn't resolved soon, clubs will be under pressure to start dishing out partial / full refunds to season ticket holders. That's money that will have been accounted for in building squads this season. There are dozens of people at each and every league club - players, coaches, behind-the-scenes staff - who are relying on that money to pay their wages, particularly with the furlough scheme winding down.

Fans coming back to grounds ASAP is crucial to the survival of clubs like ours and other countries have provided us with a blueprint to follow in achieving that safely. This is doable. Sign the petition and help make it happen.

Report Spam   Logged

Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2020, 01:27:16 am »

Maybe Corona is a joke?

Maybe all Gammon-Heads live.

I want people at football games.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2020, 12:46:30 pm »

Signed.

The Germans, who are putting us to shame with basically every element of their Covid response from travel restrictions to test and trace, have shown it's possible to get crowds of up to 10k into football stadia in a safe, socially distanced way.

As others have pointed out in this thread, if the situation isn't resolved soon, clubs will be under pressure to start dishing out partial / full refunds to season ticket holders. That's money that will have been accounted for in building squads this season. There are dozens of people at each and every league club - players, coaches, behind-the-scenes staff - who are relying on that money to pay their wages, particularly with the furlough scheme winding down.

Fans coming back to grounds ASAP is crucial to the survival of clubs like ours and other countries have provided us with a blueprint to follow in achieving that safely. This is doable. Sign the petition and help make it happen.

I too have signed. Pretty pointless debating the whys and why nots on here though, we all have different views on COVID etc!

Just wanted to make one point. It is hardly surprising that Germany have been so successful thus far at suppressing the virus. My view on this specific point is that having been to Germany many times, it is evident in every day life how they as a population comply with rules. Take pedestrian crossings. You can be standing waiting for 2 minutes to be allowed to cross the road, even though there is absolutely zero traffic coming from miles either side. Then as soon as the green man shows, they all cross, very methodically, no rushing, pushing etc. Its quite surreal. It amuses me every time I go there!

We Brits do what we want, when we want. As such its no surprise that our fight with COVID is far less successful than it is when say comparing us to Germany.

The latin countries all hug each other, which is why Italy, and Spain have struggled. France is not dissmilar.

Yanks take no notice of anyone.

China/South Asians just do as they are told, or they are shot.

Scandinavians are usually fairly cold, unemotional people so social distancing is second nature to them anyway.

Indians/Brazilians/Mexicans  - all emotionally driven, very family orientated etc.

It never seizes to amaze me how we compare ourselves to other countries fighting the pandemic. A few minutes thought, and its obvious that each countries unique DNA either helps or hinders their efforts!

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2020, 13:53:26 pm »

I too have signed. Pretty pointless debating the whys and why nots on here though, we all have different views on COVID etc!

Just wanted to make one point. It is hardly surprising that Germany have been so successful thus far at suppressing the virus. My view on this specific point is that having been to Germany many times, it is evident in every day life how they as a population comply with rules. Take pedestrian crossings. You can be standing waiting for 2 minutes to be allowed to cross the road, even though there is absolutely zero traffic coming from miles either side. Then as soon as the green man shows, they all cross, very methodically, no rushing, pushing etc. Its quite surreal. It amuses me every time I go there!

We Brits do what we want, when we want. As such its no surprise that our fight with COVID is far less successful than it is when say comparing us to Germany.

The latin countries all hug each other, which is why Italy, and Spain have struggled. France is not dissmilar.

Yanks take no notice of anyone.

Scandinavians are usually fairly cold, unemotional people so social distancing is second nature to them anyway.

Indians/Brazilians/Mexicans  - all emotionally driven, very family orientated etc.

It never seizes to amaze me how we compare ourselves to other countries fighting the pandemic. A few minutes thought, and its obvious that each countries unique DNA either helps or hinders their efforts!

Excellent post...generalization it maybe in respect of the countries listed but you've pretty much summed up the attitudes and levels of compliance....and you are right in that we can't compare ourselves to any other country....then skew the argument dependent on which way we are leaning on a given day.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2020, 15:06:29 pm »

As someone who has spent a lot of time in Japan, when I first visited there way before covid one of the things that stuck me was the amount of people especially on public transport wearing face masks. This is because if you have flu or a cold you wear one to not spread your germs to others. There is also virtually no litter there, because even if there’s no bin you take it home, in the uk I’ve seen people walk straight past a bin and throw rubbish on the floor as if they get some warped prestige out of it. Like you alluded to, there is definitely a cultural aspect to rates of covid infections and deaths, I’m sad to say in Asia there is far more respect for other people than in the UK which is why they have suffered less.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2020, 15:21:24 pm »

Signed it
I understand people wont want to attend which is fine, opening stadia doesnt mean you have to attend. I know some wont go to tesco etc still.

What I cant understand, and the basis for the petition is how the government can encourage people to go and sit together inside (cinema) but not outside. Arguments about football fans congregating in bars is easy to manage. Cinema visitors will queue for popcorn etc, people queue in tesco, the 02 is even opening. If the government think its safe to go to social events then no reason not to go to open air events, football, rugby, cricket, etc

Also football stadia will have CCTV so easy to find and fine anyone who doesnt comply at clubs such as ours arent going to risk massive fines or bans from crowd by not having strict protocols in place.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2020, 15:38:50 pm »

Grin  I lived in Germany for fifteen years, there are many other examples of similar adherence to the rules which made it such an enjoyable place to live.  My kids grew up there and when we moved back they were shocked at the attitude, the lack of respect shown towards others and any authority, by the people in England.  We had to 'wean' them back into the country.  Wink
It is a different culture and it is not surprising that they are managing the virus considerably better than 'we'.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2020, 17:33:00 pm »

Signed.

Agree with some of that except Germany has a growing problem; otherwise they have done ok upto now.
Report Spam   Logged

NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2020, 19:10:28 pm »

I take the point that cultural differences might make an impact, but I'm not sure you can entirely explain away the  discrepancies in countries' Covid responses with sweeping generalisations of hundreds of millions of people. It was never a given that Germany or Japan or NZ would have a better time of it than us - their outbreaks still had to be managed effectively.

These countries make decisions based on evidence, not based on politics, assumptions or face-saving PR. That's why fans are back in the Bundesliga - test events proved it could be done safely. We have had a number of test events with up to 1,000 fans at sports grounds going off without a hitch, and non-league clubs have also shown it can be done, but for our government, assumptions about how fans will behave and the fear of a negative public perception seem to outweigh the evidence of their own eyes.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2020, 19:35:11 pm »

I take the point that cultural differences might make an impact, but I'm not sure you can entirely explain away the  discrepancies in countries' Covid responses with sweeping generalisations of hundreds of millions of people. It was never a given that Germany or Japan or NZ would have a better time of it than us - their outbreaks still had to be managed effectively.

These countries make decisions based on evidence, not based on politics, assumptions or face-saving PR. That's why fans are back in the Bundesliga - test events proved it could be done safely. We have had a number of test events with up to 1,000 fans at sports grounds going off without a hitch, and non-league clubs have also shown it can be done, but for our government, assumptions about how fans will behave and the fear of a negative public perception seem to outweigh the evidence of their own eyes.

As a balance on Covid 19 in Germany Angel Markel dilemma is discussed in this article in the Spectator

" https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/germany-s-reckless-coronavirus-response-is-over"

"https://www.dw.com/en/germany-bans-fans-until-end-of-october-following-covid-19-spike/a-54713242"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 19:51:41 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2020, 19:58:44 pm »

One thing I do wonder is if spectators in stadiums is deemed safe enough in the near future. A lot of northern England is still under local lockdown with no sign of this changing and so obviously fans would not be allowed back in these area’s. Would we end up with many northern clubs going to the wall with southern clubs surviving?.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: