The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 17:12:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Swindons Towns (h) 20/10/2020 K/O 19:45

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swindons Towns (h) 20/10/2020 K/O 19:45  (Read 7817 times)
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2020, 20:41:31 pm »

Perfect! 3 points.

Well played Mr.Curle and players.

We need this.

We fight and win!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2020, 20:42:35 pm »

Smith all day long.
He shouldn't even be an option.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2020, 20:43:02 pm »

Goodness me, that was a tough one but we got there in the end. Missilou deservedly MotM and justifies his return to the team. Horsfall... well. Mitchell didn't have too much to save but I thought he looked like a safe pair of hands.
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2020, 20:43:50 pm »

A win is a win, a great attacking first half led into an abject second half performance that was only saved by Mitchell’s solid work in goal.

What clown decided to give Smith a 3 year deal? Having him on the pitch is basically equivalent to being a man down
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2020, 20:45:46 pm »

We were quite good first half, probably down to Swindon being poor. Then I reckon roles reversed
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2020, 20:47:07 pm »

I can’t even start to describe how poor Harry Smith was for each of the 54 minutes he was on the pitch.

He did absolutely nothing and didn’t even try!

Slow, lazy and totally inept.
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2020, 20:48:04 pm »

Hate to pick on individuals but if Smith was 4” shorter there’s absolutely no way he’d be a professional footballer.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2020, 20:50:57 pm »

I can’t even start to describe how poor Harry Smith was for each of the 54 minutes he was on the pitch.

He did absolutely nothing and didn’t even try!

Slow, lazy and totally inept.
Correct, and the way he pretends to close people down  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2020, 20:51:20 pm »

I think if we'd brought Chukky on we'd have been better. He likes to carry the ball and would have helped get us into Swindon's half.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2020, 20:52:42 pm »

An important three points. Decent performance when going forward in the 1st half. Never looked completely secure in defence. Bolger did well but is plodding of pace. Horsfall poor. Really don't think that was a foul on our keeper at the end.

Entertaining, relatively open game. Two mediocre sides.

Some pointless bookings which could cost us in the long run.  
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2020, 20:58:57 pm »

Mitchell, fortunate to get the foul, he had spilled the ball, almost cost us the win. We still look very poor, we would have lost that game against a half decent side. Disappointing 2nd half after a good first. We may have a load of strikers but I’m not sure mZny of them are up to L1 standard.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2020, 21:00:35 pm »

He spilled the ball because he took a boot in the face!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2020, 21:02:49 pm »

First 45 minutes = encouraging with some excellent performances. Missilou, Rose and Sowerby in particular. Really glad to see Rose get off the mark early for us and with a very clinical finish too.

Second 45 minutes = horrendous. I liked Smith last year and have really wanted him to succeed for us, but after that showing, there is no chance at all of that happening. We played with ten men for the whole half. Can only assume Benny is injured, or that substitution was lunacy.

Have to credit Bolger tonight. He had his best game for us, maybe due to playing next to Horsfall who I can only hope never repeats that performance again.

Mitchell was pretty good too. Let's follow it up with another home win on Saturday. Well done Town.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2020, 21:04:59 pm »

Correct, and the way he pretends to close people down  Roll Eyes

The way he carries himself as he waddles round the pitch is very frustrating.

He has the look of a guy that thinks he is pulling more weight than the others.

Would love to see how much ground he covered (and his top speed)  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2020, 21:08:13 pm »

Missoulo is turning into one of our key players

Smith will be playing part time football in 2 years

Good three points
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2020, 21:31:05 pm »

Well I predicted the win, which we badly needed. Enjoyable first half where we played some good attacking football but the second half was painful and we're lucky to get away with the win. Smith coming on for Ashley-Seal changed the game. We looked devoid of any attacking threat second half. Rose took his goal well, hopefully the first of many for us. Missolou was excellent tonight, dreadful from Horsfall. Mitchell looks OK in goal, was unlucky with the penalty. I Probably prefer him over Arnold.
Can we get back to back wins now? All depends on team selection.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2020, 21:51:07 pm »

Well I predicted the win, which we badly needed. Enjoyable first half where we played some good attacking football but the second half was painful and we're lucky to get away with the win. Smith coming on for Ashley-Seal changed the game. We looked devoid of any attacking threat second half. Rose took his goal well, hopefully the first of many for us. Missolou was excellent tonight, dreadful from Horsfall. Mitchell looks OK in goal, was unlucky with the penalty. I Probably prefer him over Arnold.
Can we get back to back wins now? All depends on team selection.
Good call Wadey, I really enjoyed the first half then Curle has an aneurism and brings Smith on, who i never want to see in claret again, this handed all the momentum to Swindle, how they didn’t equalise I don’t know.
We have to play Rose and Benny up front and if Adams is injured Marshall HAS to start.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2020, 21:55:29 pm »

Goodness me, that was a tough one but we got there in the end. Missilou deservedly MotM and justifies his return to the team. Horsfall... well. Mitchell didn't have too much to save but I thought he looked like a safe pair of hands.

Decent cameo short report from Mr Rich, no hysterics, no OTT comments and dead right on Missilou(MOM) and poor old Horsfall  had a stinker.

In spite of a disappointing 2nd half and Smiths poor showing the defense nevertheless played with some grit and determination. The midfield played their part ensuring that Swindon played their football or fair amount of it in their half! Missilou was fouled so many times but amazingly his main opponent was never cautioned. Mitchell was good and now looks certain to retain his place in fact all the defense played well but we could do without Horsfall trying to be a talented ball midfield player. For all his errors Horsfall did not give a goal away in spite of his back pass and he didn't let his head drop as he tried a dribble again! For all their 2nd half possession Swindon did not trouble our Goal too much in fact Sowerbys header was brilliantly saved by their goalie. The penalty was unfortunate and a lesson to Missi not to tackle from behind in the area. We in my opinion need to strengthen Midfield, possibly central defense and still a replacement for Oliver ... still!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 22:59:57 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2020, 22:06:45 pm »

still a replacement for Oliver ... still!

After the first half today and actually seeing us play some good attacking football, do we really want a big lump and a return to hoof ball!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2020, 22:13:20 pm »

Terrible game management.

Thought that KC managed the subs pretty well. Rose was running on empty when subbed and Watson added some steel to a flagging midfield which I thought he did. Smith on that performance was disappointing but at least in the last few minutes he managed to hold up the ball well in the corner flag area so gaining valuable seconds. Bennys withdrawal from the game was puzzling.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: