The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:20:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Charlton Athletic (h) 24th October

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic (h) 24th October  (Read 6863 times)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2020, 10:01:05 am »

I think the we/he suggest they are a WBA fan, not a Lincoln fan, so probably didn't need to bite that hard.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2020, 10:12:30 am »

As soon as the post claimed Crappleton had some redeeming qualities I stopped reading, it made any further opinion invalid on account of the author talking total b0ll0cks. Probably written by Crappleton himself or ghost written by his wife or person of similar distinction? The absolute sh1te quoted initially had his air of his typically deluded nonsense?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2020, 10:13:45 am »

What players has Thomas scouted and chosen?

He provides a budget and it is up to KC and co to choose who to recruit.

Manwork talking b*llocks as usual!!!
Utterly clueless, if that’s what you believe then my opinion of you is correct   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2020, 10:31:52 am »

To be clear Crappleton has had 7 coaching or managerial positions prior to the current one. He has either walked out, left by mutual or been sacked from all of them with no promotions or achievements of any significance . Somebody tell Bellend (aka Crappleton) to stop embarrassing himself will you?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2020, 10:47:55 am »

If it wasn’t for the 3 teams below you, you might well be in the bottom three
And if it wasn't for those above us, we'd be top.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2020, 11:37:39 am »

And if it wasn't for those above us, we'd be top.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Baggend

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2020, 12:27:30 pm »

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us some cutting-edge analysis on the way football should be played. As Carton says, 'If it wasn’t for the 3 teams below you, you might well be in the bottom three' is a particularly incisive highlight.  

A few humble suggestions:

1. The time to boast about your league position is after 46 games, not after 8. Crappleton teams are notorious for bottling it after Christmas so we'll see how things go for you.

2. Your manager is, by some distance, the most delusional arrogant twat in the football league. (It seems to have rubbed off on you.) Our animus towards him dates back to when he went around saying that his Oxford side were the 'best in League 2' despite finishing a distant second to Chris Wilder's table-topping 99 point Cobblers. As you know, Chris Wilder is now managing in the Premier League and topped numerous manager-of-the-year polls last year whereas Crappleton has found himself helming the sleeping minnow that is Lincoln City.

3. If Crappleton was as good as he - and you-  thinks he is then he wouldn't have been sacked by Blackburn after winning 4 out of 15 games in his one and only spell as a Championship manager. Helming well-resourced league-one teams to 8th placed finishes does not a managerial messiah make.

4. I find it more than slightly ironic that a Lincoln fan would come on here and give a lecture on style-of-play when you owe your very existence at this level to one of the direct play and s***housery masterminded by the Cowley brothers with giant targetman John Akinde as the focal point.  

There's more than way to win football matches at this level and direct play can be every bit as entertaining and effective as tikka taka, as we proved in our play-off wins. We're aware that our manager isn't perfect by any means, but I'm personally grateful that he has a bit of humility and doesn't swagger about claiming that he is the next Guardiola, because that would be a tad embarrassing. As it happens he's developed and improved just as many young players as Crappleton has, with Morton being one of many who have benefited from spending time with us.

P.S. You'll always be non-league.

That would be some fall from grace, prem to non league. When we are down there at some stage playing the likes of you remind me of this post.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2020, 12:29:59 pm »

Utterly clueless, if that’s what you believe then my opinion of you is correct   Grin

You confuse me with someone who gives a sh*t about your opinion!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2020, 12:37:55 pm »

You confuse me with someone who gives a sh*t about your opinion!!!
I know you do, that’s why you felt the need to reply 😂 Brains aren’t your strong point are they?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2020, 12:58:23 pm »

Observations from yesterday:-
For a team that had just come out of the championship although they defended well I thought Charlton would be better, thought the same about Hull.
If their keeper had not made a fine save from Hoskins it could have been a totally diferent outcome.
Had Racic put the ball out for a throw instead of a corner, as he should have, they would probably not scored the first goal.
Were we not a goal down we may not have committed so many players forward which led to their break upfield for the unfortunate own goal.
Apart from the first half effort from Hoskins and his shot into the side netting in the second half we created very little and once again were guilty of our crossing and corners being of poor quality and giving their keeper catching practice.
Observations of the season so far:-
We are obviously conceding too many goals, only Burton have conceded more. No clean sheets and 2 goals conceded in 6 of the 8 games. Judging by his comments I cannot see KC abandoning the zonal marking as he states it gives the opposition the chance to take defenders for a walk opening up space for other attacking players but we continue to ship in too many goals from corners. Leon Barnett commented that Charlton were winning  too many first balls from corners.
At the other end of the pitch we are not scoring enough, only Wigan and Shrewsbury have scored fewer. Last season we scored more goals from corners than most teams in our division but we are not doing so this season. Turnbull, Goode and Wharton contributed a healthy total of goals and set up others by winning the first ball for others to convert. This season no centre back has scored or even come close.
As previously mentioned we need to improve the quality of our crosses and corners.
This time next week, after 3 tough games, we may well find ourselves back in the bottom 4. November could be a crucial month with home games against MK (last won an away league game 13 months ago) and Accrington. Also away games at Burton and Rochdale so we need to capitalise on these fixtures.
Also note that the FA Cup first round draw takes place on monday evening, I am hoping we draw Cray Valley Paper Mills.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2020, 13:18:57 pm »

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us some cutting-edge analysis on the way football should be played. As Carton says, 'If it wasn’t for the 3 teams below you, you might well be in the bottom three' is a particularly incisive highlight.  

A few humble suggestions:

1. The time to boast about your league position is after 46 games, not after 8. Crappleton teams are notorious for bottling it after Christmas so we'll see how things go for you.

2. Your manager is, by some distance, the most delusional arrogant twat in the football league. (It seems to have rubbed off on you.) Our animus towards him dates back to when he went around saying that his Oxford side were the 'best in League 2' despite finishing a distant second to Chris Wilder's table-topping 99 point Cobblers. As you know, Chris Wilder is now managing in the Premier League and topped numerous manager-of-the-year polls last year whereas Crappleton has found himself helming the sleeping minnow that is Lincoln City.

3. If Crappleton was as good as he - and you-  thinks he is then he wouldn't have been sacked by Blackburn after winning 4 out of 15 games in his one and only spell as a Championship manager. Helming well-resourced league-one teams to 8th placed finishes does not a managerial messiah make.

4. I find it more than slightly ironic that a Lincoln fan would come on here and give a lecture on style-of-play when you owe your very existence at this level to one of the direct play and s***housery masterminded by the Cowley brothers with giant targetman John Akinde as the focal point.  

There's more than way to win football matches at this level and direct play can be every bit as entertaining and effective as tikka taka, as we proved in our play-off wins. We're aware that our manager isn't perfect by any means, but I'm personally grateful that he has a bit of humility and doesn't swagger about claiming that he is the next Guardiola, because that would be a tad embarrassing. As it happens he's developed and improved just as many young players as Crappleton has, with Morton being one of many who have benefited from spending time with us.

P.S. You'll always be non-league.

A perfect reply...though I'd say the Scottish prick of Plymouth fame (now at Morecambe - but forgotten his name!) and David Artell might be ahead of MApp in the managerial arrogant, lacking in humility awards - hosted this Wednesday by Ricky Gervais btw!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2020, 13:24:29 pm »

That would be some fall from grace, prem to non league. When we are down there at some stage playing the likes of you remind me of this post.
Despite spending nearly all of the last 100 years in the top division you’ve won the thing just once? If you’re happy getting lubed up every season and being nothing more than the big clubs b1tch then let me be the first to congratulate you. However, if you think you are going to come on a site like this and impress proper football supporters with your unwarranted vainglorious observations then your wasting your time, now bend over.
Report Spam   Logged

Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2020, 13:32:05 pm »

Despite spending nearly all of the last 100 years in the top division you’ve won the thing just once? If you’re happy getting lubed up every season and being nothing more than the big clubs b1tch then let me be the first to congratulate you. However, if you think you are going to come on a site like this and impress proper football supporters with your unwarranted vainglorious observations then your wasting your time, now bend over.

You Aussies don't really bother with foreplay, do you  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2020, 14:16:25 pm »

I’m going 0-3
They have some fantastic players at this level.
We have some players
Close but no cigar.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2020, 17:36:54 pm »

Close but no cigar.

I bet you are happy with that.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2020, 18:02:15 pm »

So sorry, I mistook you for a Lincoln fan!

To be fair, it's quite an easy mistake to make given your general level of football knowledge, your hero worship of Crappleton and the amount of time you seem to spend trying to lord it up on League One message boards.

I know it's never nice being the Prem's whipping boys, but I would say your obsession with us speaks to a distinctly lower-league mentality. (After all now, you'd be bottom if it wasn't for the two teams directly below you.)

Anyway, I'm sure that the majestic Crappleton will guide Lincoln to a much-deserved and seemingly effortless promotion and you can enjoy creaming yourself silly over his silky total football when they lock horns with the Baggies in the Championship next year. Perhaps a part of you will even find yourself silently cheering the mighty Imps on, a solitary tear running down your cheek as you contemplate your immense gratitude for Crappleton's delicate nurturing of your young starlets, a twinkle in his avuncular eye as he pats Calum Morton on the back and reminds him what a honour it was to play for the best team in League One last year (25 points behind Hull, but so, so much easier on the eye).

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 18:39:46 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2020, 18:49:37 pm »

You Aussies don't really bother with foreplay, do you  Grin Grin Grin

Of course they do... ‘Brace yourself Sheila, I’m coming in dry’
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2020, 20:00:42 pm »

Of course they do... ‘Brace yourself Sheila, I’m coming in dry’
Not a problem WBA have, they’re called the Baggies because they’ve been fcuked by the big boys that much you can’t touch the sides?
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2020, 23:21:37 pm »

Fcuk West Brom, hope they get properly f***ed on and off the pitch by a real team, Wolves.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2020, 14:29:29 pm »

I just felt we never would score, although if Sam's first half half shot had gone in we might have taken confidence and moved on. Certainly matched them in the first half - but they took us comfortably in the 2nd and barely went above 2nd gear. That team needs a target man in my opinion, so hope Harry Smith can build his confidence and form or that we can find one among the free agents. Racic shows good touches, but seems a bit accident prone at this early stage in his league career. I am sure he will come good - and hope it is here. Harriman seems our most consistent defender - personally would like to see him starting as one of the central 3 with Marshall starting wide. Then if changes need making these two are versatile and experienced enough to re-shuffle.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: