The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:44:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Portsmouth away 27.10.20

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portsmouth away 27.10.20  (Read 9906 times)
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2020, 21:42:26 pm »

Still think we only need small improvements Keith?

Don’t worry we will be competitive  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2020, 21:42:46 pm »

A far cry from the final game of our championship season.......when will this side win another game ?

Is there 4 worse sides than us in this league?

Maybe we will get a TV game at Oxford City .....BUT they might even be favourites.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2020, 21:45:41 pm »

Utter s***e.

6 league defeats in 7.

2 goals scores in 7 league games.

15 goals conceded in 7 league games.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2020, 21:46:20 pm »

Is there 4 worse sides than us in this league?

I’m not convinced there’s one
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2020, 21:47:03 pm »

On the bright side, we've now played 5 of the top 10 and and 2 of the bottom 10 (The two in the bottom 10, we beat), so easier games to come as someone famously said.
Report Spam   Logged
rodger

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2020, 21:53:02 pm »

Russell Watson played for us according to Steve Phillips. Maybe that's why we lost
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2020, 21:55:23 pm »

Shocking result but weirdly that's possibly the best we've played so far this season. If you don't take your chances...
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2020, 21:57:51 pm »

We definiltely kept it on the deck a lot more than we had before, and put some passes around. Issue is still being really week in the box, particular in the air, and not having the quality that Portsmouth to did to try and create stuff from nowhere. Needs to keep the heads up now, which is going to be tough with the few losses on the bounce, to go into a bunch of far more winnable games.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2020, 22:04:24 pm »

We might get a point on Sat but can us losing to MK. Not sure we played that well, there were 3 or 4 pieces of good football but not a lot to draw comfort from. I think Arnold should be back in goal. Thought Sheehan looked ok and is of the few players who can pass. Missolou should continue to start, still not convinced by Watson, Smith overall was poor. He has to drop Hoskins, he’s a liability at this level. Must get Marshall in the team. Just not sure who is going to get goals for us.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2020, 22:06:20 pm »

Massive games coming up, as Tim Oglethorpe said, games against teams we should be beating 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2020, 22:09:46 pm »

We might get a point on Sat but can us losing to MK. Not sure we played that well, there were 3 or 4 pieces of good football but not a lot to draw comfort from. I think Arnold should be back in goal. Thought Sheehan looked ok and is of the few players who can pass. Missolou should continue to start, still not convinced by Watson, Smith overall was poor. He has to drop Hoskins, he’s a liability at this level. Must get Marshall in the team. Just not sure who is going to get goals for us.
With Marshall and Adams on the pitch we would create a lot more chances, Curle seems he’ll bent on playing Hoskins who will surely help get him sacked.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2020, 22:14:50 pm »

Surely Curle can see what everyone else can, Hoskins is not good enough for L1. He may have been top scorer last season but think half of those came penalties. He is a liability. Mitchell cost us a couple of goals, you just can’t parry a ball back out to the opposition.
Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2020, 22:15:43 pm »

I thought we played some nice stuff first half , passing the ball around, rather than just booting it up to Smith. Harry did well first half, but has no support whatsoever, he is far too isolated and you can see his head dropping the longer the game goes on. Pompey put some great crosses in , something we currently lack and look a decent team. Thought both Hoskins and Korboa were poor tonight and personally would have subbed both beginning of the second half. Need to grind out at least a point on Saturday to halt the slide, as despite playing well for large parts of the game tonight,  mistakes have again cost us in both boxes.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2020, 22:39:46 pm »

As they said on Radio Solent Mitchell was not at fault for any of the goals and I cannot understand the comments on here. Did you expect him to catch both his saves for the first 2 goals at full stretch?, he was unlucky with the first after parrying it wide it fell to Marquis and not any of our defenders. Until they scored after 39 minutes they had created nothing and we should have been leading.
Immediately after half time we go close to equalising and within 30 seconds we are 2 down. Portsmouth are a good team and I thought better than Charlton, Hull or Peterborough but it was not a 4-0 game.
Can't see why people are clammering for Adams as he contributed very little against Charlton, where were all these great crosses he is renowned for. As for Marshall I don't expect him to start many away games as he is not good defensively but he should be starting more games at home.
Reference the comments on Tim Oglethorpe he was outdone by his Radio Solent colleague this evening at about 86 minutes who said this is the time the Portsmouth players will be asking the referee how much longer to play. Can they not see the bloody big electronic scoreboard?.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2020, 22:43:36 pm »

I didn't watch it, I was up the pub with Liverpool on the TV. Was with my mates, one of which is an avid Cobbler, so we were keeping up to date on our phones. As soon as we went 1-0 down we both knew it was a matter of how many we lost by.  I know most of the teams in League 1 are better than us but it's the way the heads go down when we concede the 1st goal, we really do seem to give up and that really pisses me off. If we give it a go and lose to a better team, fair play, but to know that after 39 minutes you've lost is depressing.
   Liverpool were sh*t as well but they won.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2020, 22:51:52 pm »

I’m not expecting to catch either of those 2 chances but pushing the ball back into the danger area is inviting a goal
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2020, 22:52:57 pm »

I thought we played some nice stuff first half , passing the ball around, rather than just booting it up to Smith. Harry did well first half, but has no support whatsoever, he is far too isolated and you can see his head dropping the longer the game goes on. Pompey put some great crosses in , something we currently lack and look a decent team. Thought both Hoskins and Korboa were poor tonight and personally would have subbed both beginning of the second half. Need to grind out at least a point on Saturday to halt the slide, as despite playing well for large parts of the game tonight,  mistakes have again cost us in both boxes.

About right as a summary.  Smith ok first half not sure why Rose was dropped. Thought Korboa was poor and invariably lost the ball a bit too easily at times. Hoskins pretty poor. Typical 'if' only game with Watson missing/failing to score  a fine chance. Some blaming Mitchell but the iFollow Screen was too disjointed to judge.  Must watch sky Videos. Poor result all the same as we allowed Pompey to steamroll us 2nd half.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2020, 23:31:48 pm »

As they said on Radio Solent Mitchell was not at fault for any of the goals and I cannot understand the comments on here. Did you expect him to catch both his saves for the first 2 goals at full stretch?, he was unlucky with the first after parrying it wide it fell to Marquis and not any of our defenders. Until they scored after 39 minutes they had created nothing and we should have been leading.
Immediately after half time we go close to equalising and within 30 seconds we are 2 down. Portsmouth are a good team and I thought better than Charlton, Hull or Peterborough but it was not a 4-0 game.
Can't see why people are clammering for Adams as he contributed very little against Charlton, where were all these great crosses he is renowned for. As for Marshall I don't expect him to start many away games as he is not good defensively but he should be starting more games at home.
Reference the comments on Tim Oglethorpe he was outdone by his Radio Solent colleague this evening at about 86 minutes who said this is the time the Portsmouth players will be asking the referee how much longer to play. Can they not see the bloody big electronic scoreboard?.
Complete none sense.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2020, 03:18:55 am »

About right as a summary.  Smith ok first half not sure why Rose was dropped. Thought Korboa was poor and invariably lost the ball a bit too easily at times. Hoskins pretty poor. Typical 'if' only game with Watson missing/failing to score  a fine chance. Some blaming Mitchell but the iFollow Screen was too disjointed to judge.  Must watch sky Videos. Poor result all the same as we allowed Pompey to steamroll us 2nd half.

If Watson had scored that chance, I still think they'd have had the quality to come from behind to win that game. I do agree that it wasn't a bad performance tonight, I think most of our team played to the best of their abilities. And we lost 4-0. I have no enthusiasm left for this season and will be stunned if we finish any higher than 22nd (Burton and Swindon are also really s***).
Report Spam   Logged

1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2020, 06:58:57 am »

NTFC Nut I think you sum it up well, the players played to the best of their ability, the issue is that their ability for most of the Team is L2 at best. I think we are resembling Wycombe, they are out of their depth in the Championship and so are we in L1 albeit some of this is down to the strength of the Teams in L1. However, it is not preventing, Lincoln, Accrington and Wimbledon competing at this level. Our recruitment has been poor. Lose the next two and we might as well resign ourselves to relegation.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: