The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:13:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Portsmouth away 27.10.20

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portsmouth away 27.10.20  (Read 9902 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2020, 08:44:29 am »

This isn't a "Curle out" post by any stretch of the imagination because I'm really not in that camp at the moment, but last night does make you wonder how so many of us armchair pundits can take one look at a team selection and realise we're in for a complete pumping while a professional football coach can actively pick that side and think "yep, that will do the trick".
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2020, 09:18:14 am »

This isn't a "Curle out" post by any stretch of the imagination because I'm really not in that camp at the moment, but last night does make you wonder how so many of us armchair pundits can take one look at a team selection and realise we're in for a complete pumping while a professional football coach can actively pick that side and think "yep, that will do the trick".
The more games Keith loses the more desperate and bizarre his team selections will become, what puzzles me is he built an identity last season as a team that plays direct football but can also play a bit if necessary e.g. Burton FA cup and the play offs.
After being thrown under the bus by Thomas in terms of budget, we lost all our best players ,nearly all of them could have been kept with the exemption of Goode and Morton, we replaced them with youth teamers, U23 prem kids and bang average L2 players, now all of a sudden Keith has realised that Smith can’t hold the ball up like Oliver did and has now tried to play football on the ground, the result is we are getting pumped every week.
We need to play our best players, Adams and Marshall then get the ball into the box like we used to.
With the likes of Hoskins in the team week in week out we are doomed.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
observer1

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2020, 09:59:00 am »

Was working so fortunately didn't see it live, but watching the highlights back now, wow just wow. We make it so easy for teams to hurt us, it's unbelievable.

Marquis was basically laughing at us after the fourth. Horrible. Be surprised if this particular defeat didn't leave its mark.

Also, Tim Oglethorpe's repeated spin about us "not getting thumped by teams" prior to yesterday certainly came back to haunt him. And then, demonstrating real audacity, his first question to an increasingly Clueless Curle is, "did the 4-0 scoreline not flatter Portsmouth a bit?"

Please.

Unless something drastic changes soon it's going to be yet another season where we are flirting with relegation. See also about 90% of recent seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2020, 11:57:54 am »

Observer, there is no ‘flirting’ we currently look nailed on and the fear will be that this carries onto next season and we end up out of the League. Unless something changes dramatically we are going down. I find Oglethorpe so annoying, before their 4th went in he was still talking as if we might get a point and apart from 9 minutes we were the better team!!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2020, 12:15:42 pm »

Observer, there is no ‘flirting’ we currently look nailed on and the fear will be that this carries onto next season and we end up out of the League. Unless something changes dramatically we are going down. I find Oglethorpe so annoying, before their 4th went in he was still talking as if we might get a point and apart from 9 minutes we were the better team!!!

Born worrier in aren’t you Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2020, 13:02:18 pm »

Just been reading a Portsmouth fans perspective of the game who admits it might have been a totally different game if they had gone behind to Watson's miss. Also states that Smith was causing them problems and Marquis got lucky with the first goal.
Somebody on here states that they did not expect Mitchell to catch the two fine saves he made before the first two goals but expected him to palm it away from danger. With a split second save you do not get much of a chance where you divert the ball to and for the first goal I would not expect him to do any better than to divert it sideways. If he was going to palm the ball away from danger it would have to go out of the penalty area which is never going to happen.
We have the usual over-reaction from the usual suspects and yes things do not currently look good but bear in mind that 6 of the 8 teams we have so far played are in the top 13 places. November will be a crucial month.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2020, 14:48:40 pm »

Are most of the clubs we've played near the top end of the table because they have all had 3 easy points off us ? I didn't see last nights game but I haven't been that impressed by Hull, Pish or Charlton but they all had enough to beat us. As I said previously, the really worrying thing is that as soon as we concede, the impression I get from most of the players is that it's "game over", we really lack fighters and characters.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2020, 16:25:16 pm »

............................................... I get from most of the players is that it's "game over", we really lack fighters and characters.

Probably a bit unfair on Keith and the team?
Report Spam   Logged

1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2020, 16:44:42 pm »

Everbrite, why don’t you just bumble along in your little claret cloud not worrying about the debacle unfolding in front of us and take the claret tinged glasses off in May to find us back in L2
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2020, 17:18:46 pm »

A lot of opinion is divided between :-
    The 'Realists' who can see that we are not good enough, the season is over and we are already relegated.
    The 'Dreamers' who think KC is doing a decent job and things will improve.

Let's be fair here, those among us wearing claret tinted glasses always knew this season was only ever a fight against the drop but remain optimistic of staying up while there is still hope.

So, all you doom mongering 'Realists', don't throw in the towel, we're not dead yet (FACT).
   'Dreamers' carry on with your happy clapping, always better to travel in hope than not at all.

UTC.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2020, 17:41:08 pm »

I always hope we will do well but on whole my aspirations ending up getting dashed. The next month will be critical, perform poorly and 5he season will be almost over
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2020, 17:50:52 pm »

I always hope we will do well but on whole my aspirations ending up getting dashed. The next month will be critical, perform poorly and 5he season will be almost over

What  Grin After 14 or 15 games  Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2020, 19:27:54 pm »

Everbrite, why don’t you just bumble along in your little claret cloud not worrying about the debacle unfolding in front of us and take the claret tinged glasses off in May to find us back in L2

You are only here to moan at KC and the team; now you decide to moan at me for trying to be a tad more positive. If they had won the last two games you would not be moaning but you would still probably find something to moan about.  For me better to bumble along in a claret cloud than bubble along in black cynical mask bubble. Anyway form a consortium with a few others buy the club and have fun Roll Eyes .

Am very worried after losing so many games with mounting goal deficit but try to remain positive and you should do the same.
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2020, 19:51:34 pm »

You are only here to moan at KC and the team; now you decide to moan at me for trying to be a tad more positive. If they had won the last two games you would not be moaning but you would still probably find something to moan about.  For me better to bumble along in a claret cloud than bubble along in black cynical mask bubble. Anyway form a consortium with a few others buy the club and have fun Roll Eyes .

Am very worried after losing so many games with mounting goal deficit but try to remain positive and you should do the same.
Jeez, captured everything going on in the World right now...in one phrase!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2020, 19:58:41 pm »

Love all the if this if that on here, if COVID hadn’t come along everyone would have been happy in league 2 yesterday after drawing to Harrogate. IF only 😁
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2020, 20:30:14 pm »

Probably a bit unfair on Keith and the team?
Sorry but that is the impression I've got from the three 0-2 home defeats and, to be honest, I don't think I'm alone. In all three we were fine until we conceded and after that we never looked like getting back in those games.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2020, 21:16:15 pm »

What  Grin After 14 or 15 games  Shocked Shocked

Think he is referring to the Cup Game in Nov Grin Wink
Report Spam   Logged

WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2020, 22:26:10 pm »

Spoken to a Pompey mate who watched the game and consensus from him and his mates were that they were lucky to take the lead, we were the better team first half and should have been ahead. Watson and Smith were our best players. Score line flattered them and Kenny Jackett has said the same.
So I won't be over reactionary at the score. Yes we're on a poor run but we've played some of the stronger sides with a new team finding their identity. Let's see if we can pull together a positive run of results now.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2020, 22:32:00 pm »

Sometime, going up to a new league is very hard.

This team is good.

Mr.curle is a good manager.

We will stay in this League.

Belief!
Report Spam   Logged
Wattie

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2020, 22:38:29 pm »

We need to play our best players, Adams and Marshall then get the ball into the box like we used to.
With the likes of Hoskins in the team week in week out we are doomed.

It is odd they are not in the team, especially Marshall as he looks heck of a player, KC needs to sort out the defence urgently, hopefully Sheehan can clam them down a but and put a wise arm around them. I like the new keeper although I wish he wouldn't rush to get the ball out all the time as the control of some of the players is a tad questionable.

Willing to admit now that the defence doesn't look as good as last season which considering for the most part of last season I thought was bang average is very worrying. I do think the other players could tur out to be an improvement but KC needs to work out his best team and stick to it, then they can gel, we have the return of the tinkerer at the moment.

I still think we will survive as I am convinced KC saves his best players for the games against the teams we will be battling relegation against.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: