The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:39:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

OXFORD CITY LIVE ON BT SPORT

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OXFORD CITY LIVE ON BT SPORT  (Read 17310 times)
guest3086

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #300 on: November 10, 2020, 10:35:40 am »

In this instance you are missing the point which you made in the first place Grin

If I made the point in the first place as you say then my work is done isn't it, sloth moth?
Report Spam   Logged
Wattie

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #301 on: November 10, 2020, 10:38:38 am »

I just don't understand why Curle was so laid back watching the players and game unfold. It felt like he was allowing the players to show their inability so he could say to them today "that's why you are not getting a start". Ridiculous team selection when you consider Curle is the first to say you build confidence through winning games and that the club needs the money. He was clearly unable to shift a few players through the transfer windows and there must be some unrest in the camp from those that have had to stay knowing they are not wanted. Clearly given the covid situation no player is going to look for mutual termination on a good contract no matter how unhappy they are.

I get we all have different approaches but surely he should have been in the technical area motivating and guiding the team not skulking in the background.

I am staggered by the players lack of technical inability (passing and trapping was dreadful), the pitch is no excuse, it was as like a bowling green if you kept the ball on the floor.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #302 on: November 10, 2020, 10:41:09 am »

If I made the point in the first place as you say then my work is done isn't it, sloth moth?

No need to be defensive  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #303 on: November 10, 2020, 11:00:32 am »

I just don't understand why Curle was so laid back watching the players and game unfold. It felt like he was allowing the players to show their inability so he could say to them today "that's why you are not getting a start". Ridiculous team selection when you consider Curle is the first to say you build confidence through winning games and that the club needs the money. He was clearly unable to shift a few players through the transfer windows and there must be some unrest in the camp from those that have had to stay knowing they are not wanted. Clearly given the covid situation no player is going to look for mutual termination on a good contract no matter how unhappy they are.

I get we all have different approaches but surely he should have been in the technical area motivating and guiding the team not skulking in the background.

I am staggered by the players lack of technical inability (passing and trapping was dreadful), the pitch is no excuse, it was as like a bowling green if you kept the ball on the floor.

I agree Wattie, BT didn't show him once in the technical area, he just stayed in the dug out leaning against the post as if he didn't have a care in the world.

I was also bemused by the two Adam's comments about us having a big physical presence in both boxes, all I saw was a bunch of lightweights.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #304 on: November 10, 2020, 11:13:32 am »

James Heneghan's player ratings in the Chron says it all. The star man was Mitchell with 5, Racic, Horsfall and Martin got 2 and the rest either 3, 3.5 or 4. Ricky managed a 5 for the 20 minutes or so he was on the pitch.

These are the lowest ratings I have ever seen from any Chron reporter and sums up the performance perfectly.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #305 on: November 10, 2020, 11:20:26 am »

It amazes me how referees and pundits just read a couple of lines about a team and then believe they are well informed. The ref last night gave loads of free kicks to Oxford that we wouldn't have got as he'd read that we were "A big physical team" and likewise the pundits. That label could have been applied to use last season but this season we're not physical and apart from Racic, Horsfall, Ashley-Seal and Chuck, we're not big and last night played like a bunch of pansies. Please don't think I'm blaming the ref, who if we had have put in a shift and lost to that second pen, would have been slaughtered on here. That's how bad we were, we lost to a pen that was clearly outside the box, and no one mentions it because we deserved to get beat and we were lucky it was only 2-1
Report Spam   Logged
observer1

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2020, 11:21:45 am »

Prioritising the league was one of the weakest arguments KC could have made post-match. Dear oh dear, there was a very lengthy gap from our last league game to this and ditto this to the next league game, there was absolutely no need to weaken the team to that extent.

Also, the argument about the league being more important because we've worked so hard to get to LG1. A few points on that:
1) Did our cup run and competing so well against teams like Burton away and Derby at home not stand us in good stead when it came to those crucial playoffs? I'm not sure we'd have got promoted without that experience.
2) Getting beat "badly" 2-1 because the team was not set up correctly will filter down to the whole team and affect morale, making us more vulnerable for the next few league games.

Sorry, but his credibility is running close to zero at this point.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2020, 11:32:20 am »

I don't know about everyone else, but I find I'm better at playing Table Tennis when I'm up against a good player. If you play with a poor player, the ball is constantly looping around and its hard to get into a rhythm. Maybe this is why Brentford fans seem to think Racic is a good prospect...
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #308 on: November 10, 2020, 11:39:29 am »

Absolutely inevitable. Pack your bags you useless waste of space.

Our one chance to earn some meaningful revenue this season and you've pissed it away with that abysmal line up.

Get him gone tonight Kelvin.
Now is not the time to be telling Curle to pack his bags...

Wait till Thursday!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2020, 11:53:51 am »

Thoughts on the debacle.
KC got it badly wrong with his team selection and the fringe players showed exactly why they are that. I was very surprised he started with 3 kids up front and I expected Smith or Rose to start with one then replacing the other.
The choice of wing backs gave us no defensive cover and Oxford found a lot of joy down the flanks and the back 3 got over-run. Some on here want Marshall in the starting 11 and tonight showed why he isn't. I would have started with Harriman and brought Marshall on with Smith. When Smith was introduced he needed good quality crosses so Marshall was taken off and Korboa pushed out wide which made no sense.
The back 3 selection was as I expected, Bolger and Sheehan rested and Racic and Martin given game time. Martin has put in some reasonable performances when playing in the back 3 but with no defense down the flanks they were badly exposed. Still wating to see the Racic that the Brentford fans have seen.
After the substitutions we lost all shape we hardly troubled their keeper all game whereas they had 20 shots.
However I think people uttering profanities and calling for KC's head will be deeply disappointed despite last nights embarrassment as he has enough credit in the bank with KT after gaining promotion. Also in the present climate can we afford to pay off the remaining 1.3/4 years of his contract? Any new manager would also be wanting funds to bring in his own players.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2020, 12:01:08 pm »

Wait till Thursday!
Whats happening Thursday?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2020, 12:07:16 pm »

Wait till Thursday!

Why? ‘wait until Thursday’  can guess a couple of reasons? But prefer to be enlightened!

Thanks in anticipation
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #312 on: November 10, 2020, 12:25:01 pm »

Curle bleated on and on in the summer about getting the right mentality and attitude in the squad with his recruitment.
Multiple meetings and getting into the psyche of individuals .
What a load of old rubbish he speaks .
This squad look a bunch of snowflakes with no backbone to me .
Sheehan and Holmes are good additions in that respect but some of the others out there a 6ft something pansies no doubt with their luis Vuitton wash bags and pure white Nikes on . Pathetic .
This club needs a Cresswell or Dyche type player that shakes a few pretenders up and gets them polishing his boots .
For me giving the captaincy to Hoskins just about sums up last nights apparent inept performance.
I didnt watch preferring to save my money and listen to Tim, but ive seen enough of Sam over the years to know he is absolutely not captaincy material. He might be the longest serving and he might wave his arms around a bit and point in vague directions when we havent got the ball but has anyone ever seen him look someone in the eye and tell them what he thinks. The most vocal I've seen him is when he gives the vaguest of rally calls but almost like he's addressing himself. He has always got his head down, he seems to me like someone who's frightened that at any minute he might get found out, needing someone else to get him up or put an arm around him because he has got ability he just doesnt know (and never will) how best to use it. I imagine Holmes and Adam's must have had half an idea what might prevail when he was given the armband.
The captaincy isnt the reason we lost badly last night, but its symptomatic of where we are going from heart on his sleeve Goode (not my favourite player but I imagine, a dammed good captain) to quiet as a mouse Bolger and now last night marmite Hoskins.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #313 on: November 10, 2020, 12:29:30 pm »

Thoughts on the debacle.
KC got it badly wrong with his team selection and the fringe players showed exactly why they are that. I was very surprised he started with 3 kids up front and I expected Smith or Rose to start with one then replacing the other.
The choice of wing backs gave us no defensive cover and Oxford found a lot of joy down the flanks and the back 3 got over-run. Some on here want Marshall in the starting 11 and tonight showed why he isn't. I would have started with Harriman and brought Marshall on with Smith. When Smith was introduced he needed good quality crosses so Marshall was taken off and Korboa pushed out wide which made no sense.
The back 3 selection was as I expected, Bolger and Sheehan rested and Racic and Martin given game time. Martin has put in some reasonable performances when playing in the back 3 but with no defense down the flanks they were badly exposed. Still wating to see the Racic that the Brentford fans have seen.
After the substitutions we lost all shape we hardly troubled their keeper all game whereas they had 20 shots.
However I think people uttering profanities and calling for KC's head will be deeply disappointed despite last nights embarrassment as he has enough credit in the bank with KT after gaining promotion. Also in the present climate can we afford to pay off the remaining 1.3/4 years of his contract? Any new manager would also be wanting funds to bring in his own players.

Could we afford to get knocked out of the first round of the FA Cup after making £750,000 int hat tournament the previous season? Absolutely not. We also can’t afford to go down and have reduced fundings as a result of being in League 2.

With those factors in mind, we can afford to sack him. Relegation would be far more costly to the club than sacking Curle.

If we need a cheap option, give Brady a bash with someone experienced as Director of Football. May actually see some decent talent play for us.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #314 on: November 10, 2020, 12:51:58 pm »

It amazes me how referees and pundits just read a couple of lines about a team and then believe they are well informed. The ref last night gave loads of free kicks to Oxford that we wouldn't have got as he'd read that we were "A big physical team" and likewise the pundits. That label could have been applied to use last season but this season we're not physical and apart from Racic, Horsfall, Ashley-Seal and Chuck, we're not big and last night played like a bunch of pansies. Please don't think I'm blaming the ref, who if we had have put in a shift and lost to that second pen, would have been slaughtered on here. That's how bad we were, we lost to a pen that was clearly outside the box, and no one mentions it because we deserved to get beat and we were lucky it was only 2-1

In response to my learned friend, both penalties were correctly awarded.  No doubt whatsoever.
The surprise was that we didn't concede more, what with the various defenders holding tactics at set pieces?  Embarrassing.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #315 on: November 10, 2020, 13:05:14 pm »

In response to my learned friend, both penalties were correctly awarded.  No doubt whatsoever.
The surprise was that we didn't concede more, what with the various defenders holding tactics at set pieces?  Embarrassing.
With respect to my learned friend, I thought that referees gave the first offence, and the first offence was clearly outside the box and, with respect to my learned friend, I completely agree about the holding, it wasn't very subtle was it ?  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 10, 2020, 13:17:40 pm »

It amazes me how referees and pundits just read a couple of lines about a team and then believe they ...................................we lost to a pen that was clearly outside the box, and no one mentions it because we deserved to get beat ......

Was going to mention that but didn’t have sufficient courage - you tread where angels fear .............. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #317 on: November 10, 2020, 14:12:23 pm »

Thoughts on the debacle.
The gift that never stops giving, Marshall had the assist for the first goal and 99 times out of 100 would have scored our second, to be honest apart from Hoskins, Marshall and Mitchell and on last nights showing NONE of them would have got into Oxford City’s side.
Massive pressure on Curle now for the Accy game after his bullsh1t excuse of prioritising the league.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 10, 2020, 15:05:31 pm »

The gift that never stops giving, Marshall had the assist for the first goal, and 99 times out of 100 would have scored our second, to be honest apart from Hoskins, Marshall and Mitchell, and on last nights showing NONE of them would have got into Oxford City’s side.
Massive pressure on Curle now for the Accy game after his bullsh1t excuse of prioritizing the league.

TBH Manny I thought Marshall was overall poor last night. Offkey passing and disappointing ball control thought he looked a proven good squad player. His Chron score was scathing too as most of them were. Hoskins was more effective last night - not saying a lot tho'.
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #319 on: November 10, 2020, 15:31:50 pm »

TBH Manny I thought Marshall was overall poor last night. Offkey passing and disappointing ball control thought he looked a proven good squad player. His Chron score was scathing too as most of them were. Hoskins was more effective last night - not saying a lot tho'.

Interesting point because many (including me) often ask why Marshall doesn't start more games but you are right he was poor last night - rarely passed his man , gave the ball away a lot and didn't show for the pass on many occasions - certainly not picking on him above others but he wasn't good last night.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: