The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:55:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ricky Holmes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ricky Holmes  (Read 9720 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2021, 10:58:48 am »

Does anyone think the main reason is concerns about Rickys fitness linger? Perhaps they are not being too vocal about this as it may scupper his chances elsewhere? McCormack last year, Nuttal and Mills this, they have had some issues in the recent past with fitness and Sheehan also appear to be a bit prone? Perhaps it was viewed as Sheehan or Holmes and they were not prepared to risk 2 players (3 if you include Mills) of influence who may struggle? Given the restrictions on squad numbers it seems the most plausible explanation? Otherwise it’s difficult to make sense of it really?
If he's on a pay as you play this shouldn't concern the club as it'd only cost them when he played
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2021, 11:27:23 am »

If he's on a pay as you play this shouldn't concern the club as it'd only cost them when he played
It would if 2 or 3 of the squad are perpetually injured?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2021, 11:47:33 am »

I don't see Ricky playing as a striker and feel currently his only role would be behind the front 2 which so far has not been a success, also we are not playing anybody in this role now that we are playing an extra midfielder with that player expected to break forward. Therefor I fully understand why no contract extension is currently being offered.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2021, 11:57:42 am »

It would if 2 or 3 of the squad are perpetually injured?
That makes no sense. If Holmes is injured at the same time as 2 or 3 others then he still wouldn't play and still wouldn't be paid.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2021, 12:16:13 pm »

That makes no sense. If Holmes is injured at the same time as 2 or 3 others then he still wouldn't play and still wouldn't be paid.
The point I’m trying to make is the club has suffered quite a bit with key players being injured? Perhaps they are concerned that Holmes may be a risk too far with Mills long term injury and Sheehan also being a bit prone? Perhaps they may take the view that given they are only able to have a limited number of players in the squad they might need someone less vulnerable than Holmes? It wouldn’t necessarily be a decision based around the wage bill?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2021, 12:34:46 pm »

Seems stange then that they've nursed him back to full fitness, played him in games, seen him not break down again and then decided that the likes of Harry Smith are a better option
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2021, 18:47:02 pm »

Seems stange then that they've nursed him back to full fitness, played him in games, seen him not break down again and then decided that the likes of Harry Smith are a better option
That’s what I’m saying, it’s the only even half plausible explanation I can think of? Everything else suggests they are getting rid of him to allow them to try and find someone with his quality which really is nonsense? Not only that, being an incredibly popular player it’s likely to stoke the Curle out flames considerably if it back fires, so it would be bonkers to do it without good reason? There has to be something behind it?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2021, 19:15:03 pm »

Holmes is his own man. He doesn't need to tow a line. He is in a situation now where everything is a bonus as he wasn't banking on getting back in shape. However, back in shape he is and he needs to find a set-up that plays to his strengths. The Curle factor of 'hit and hope' really is not his game. Conversely, Curle doesn't want anyone in his camp who speaks his mind so Holmes has been set free. Like an eagle he will soar, he will not participate in the murmuration over 6plots (as KT knows it).
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2021, 09:07:10 am »

Holmes is his own man. He doesn't need to tow a line. He is in a situation now where everything is a bonus as he wasn't banking on getting back in shape. However, back in shape he is and he needs to find a set-up that plays to his strengths. The Curle factor of 'hit and hope' really is not his game. Conversely, Curle doesn't want anyone in his camp who speaks his mind so Holmes has been set free. Like an eagle he will soar, he will not participate in the murmuration over 6plots (as KT knows it).

Can you be sure that KC doesn’t want any outspoken team member? You shout it out as if it’s fact; god forbid any personal assumptions laced with social prejudices?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2021, 10:14:24 am »

To those who are shouting that it's KC's fault, there are two sides to every argument/dispute... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2021, 12:01:56 pm »

As the Hotel End resident authority on made up stuff facts about KC, I can't wait to read his autobiography, that I assume you are penning as we speak.

Not one person on here has a single insight into how Keith and Ricky get on.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2021, 13:04:55 pm »

Isn't it amazing how so many people have such a deep insight into the goings on at the football club.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2021, 13:34:35 pm »

Let’s be honest, all this hullabaloo is driven by nostalgia? We all love him and like a groom being jilted at the altar we are going to struggle to get over it even if it’s for the best in the long run?

Report Spam   Logged

Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2021, 13:51:22 pm »

Isn't it amazing how so many people have such a deep insight into the goings on at the football club.

Agreed it’s amazing how people know our budget, the wages players are getting paid, how many fans we would get if we got promoted, the motives of the manager & owner.
It’s fine for people to put forward ideas, even better when they back them up with some evidence, it’s when they suddenly consider them facts not opinions and get repeated as such time and time again.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2021, 13:53:18 pm »

As the Hotel End resident authority on made up stuff facts about KC, I can't wait to read his autobiography, that I assume you are penning as we speak.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2021, 15:08:36 pm »

Let’s be honest, all this hullabaloo is driven by nostalgia? We all love him and like a groom being jilted at the altar we are going to struggle to get over it even if it’s for the best in the long run?

Exactly, but who's he going to run off with? Southend, currently bottom of League two, haven't responded to his "Come and get me" call.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2021, 16:00:34 pm »

Exactly, but who's he going to run off with? Southend, currently bottom of League two, haven't responded to his "Come and get me" call.

All I can say is that if no league club wants Ricky, with the quality he has, allbeit past his prime, then either there are an awful lot of good players out there or the new rules + COVID have changed the market completely.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2021, 18:15:36 pm »

I really don't understand why everyone these days is accusing each other of presenting fiction as fact. I thought everything on here is opinion. I am NOT presenting facts. Even if Curle or Ricky told me these things, they could be lying. Grow a pair.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2021, 19:20:37 pm »

I know, this is what I was getting at earlier? He was at the point of retiring and has he completely convinced everyone he is over it? Limited squad numbers and all that, what if you take him and he gets injured for good? At this level most clubs carry at least a couple of players who are injury prone or who are already suffering long term injuries as are we, do you risk taking on another? These new rules are adding an extra dimension, at other clubs it might be seen as a g@mble but without the nostalgia? Age + almost threw in the towel + minutes on the pitch since coming back, you have to admit it’s not a completely straight forward decision? I’d still take him though, but who am I?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 19:24:36 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2021, 21:23:52 pm »

Lets not forget our hero phucked off ASAP once we got promoted under Wilder
He showed no loyalty or heart for this club yet we took him back, helped him to get back playing and he hasn’t set the world alight since he came back
Isn’t he an old journey man? A title of a player most of our fans seem to want to stay away from
He also thanked Curle for giving him the opportunity to resurrect his career by having a cheeky side swipe when liking a comment on Twatter about us playing cack football (as mentioned on this thread)

Curles football might not be to everyones liking but the bloke got us promoted so give OUR man some respect
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: