The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 05:02:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Accrington Stanley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accrington Stanley  (Read 11802 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2020, 16:28:07 pm »

1-0 Stanley. They take an early lead, and we just sit back deeper and deeper. Its what happens.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2020, 18:40:42 pm »

Also, when do we ever turn up for the 2nd half? Not once this season so far!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2020, 21:45:47 pm »

Could we play Racic as a holding Centre Mid - seems to have some aptitude?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2020, 21:56:29 pm »

From the little I've seen, it's Horsfall has all the aptitude for holding.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2020, 03:35:09 am »

0-1 Stanley
Radish with a 95th min OG.

Lose this and it will probably be Curles last game here.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2020, 08:23:57 am »

Prefer we have him holding his P45
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2020, 09:14:53 am »

Sheehan , Bolger , Harriman and Adams have to come back in .
Sowerby and Watson in midfield and maybe even Holmes to start .
The front players can draw lots between them . None of them look any good but Chuck can be excused .
The third centre half is lucky to be at the club let alone in the team .
That’s the top and bottom of it .
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2020, 10:26:49 am »

Mitchell
          Harriman Bolger Sheehan
Hoskins Watson Missilou Sowerby Adams
                     Rose Smith

or
                        Mitchell
             Horsfall Bolger Sheehan
     Harriman Watson Sowerby Adams
                        Hoskins
                     Rose  Smith

I'd like to see us pack the midfield, go back to the original Hoskins/Adams WB's get crosses in to the box quickly to Smith and Rose, both of whom can clearly be dangerous in the air.

If we end up chasing the game, please don't end up with a lack of formation and one midfield player. Im sure thats possible while still bringing on Korboa/Holmes etc
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 10:30:28 am by 606 Parklands_Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2020, 11:02:52 am »

Mitchell
          Harriman Bolger Sheehan
Hoskins Watson Missilou Sowerby Adams
                     Rose Smith

or
                        Mitchell
             Horsfall Bolger Sheehan
     Harriman Watson Sowerby Adams
                        Hoskins
                     Rose  Smith

I'd like to see us pack the midfield, go back to the original Hoskins/Adams WB's get crosses in to the box quickly to Smith and Rose, both of whom can clearly be dangerous in the air.

If we end up chasing the game, please don't end up with a lack of formation and one midfield player. Im sure thats possible while still bringing on Korboa/Holmes etc
Why include Smith in any starting eleven? 'Can clearly be dangerous in the air'.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2020, 11:38:41 am »

Why include Smith in any starting eleven? 'Can clearly be dangerous in the air'.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Examples where he's scored, Im sure there are plenty where it has led to a goal as well. Notice they all came from Adams' cross, so give him a good cross and he can, (notice I said can, not will) score.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2020, 11:49:35 am »

I'm not convinced by Mitchell but, it seems, that Arnold is out of favour. Why do people think we should play 3-5-2 when, if we play wingbacks, there are massive holes down the side of our defence. I would go with

Mitchell
        Harriman                        2 of Bolger/Racic / Horsfall          Sheehan
        Adams                        Sowerby                 Watson             Holmes
                                Hoskins                               Rose

or go 4-2-3-1 with the same defence with Watson & Missalou sitting in front of them, then Sowerby, Hoskins and Adams/Holmes with Rose upfront
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2020, 12:08:35 pm »

Examples where he's scored, Im sure there are plenty where it has led to a goal as well. Notice they all came from Adams' cross, so give him a good cross and he can, (notice I said can, not will) score.

I would like to see the compilation of when he really has been absolute rubbish - it would be considerably longer than this one !!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 12:11:01 pm »

Prefer we have him holding his P45
Racic is a real dud and wouldn’t have a hope in hell of getting into another league side, fcuk knows what Brentford see in him, I just hope we can send him back in Jan.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2020, 12:58:12 pm »

I think you are wasting your time selecting your preferred team with Holmes on the wing. He has already said he is not good at defending so will not be playing wing back and he expects to play behind the front 2.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 15:36:22 pm »

I think you are wasting your time selecting your preferred team with Holmes on the wing. He has already said he is not good at defending so will not be playing wing back and he expects to play behind the front 2.

But then again the likes of Marshall, Hoskins, Korboa and even Adams have been selected as wing backs when in reality they are wingers, its the sort of thing you can maybe get away in league 2 but we are being found out in league 1. It goes back to recruitment, we have so many of these small attacking players in the squad but we play a 5-2-1-2. With the lack of quality in central defence too would love to see us switch to a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 but it will never happen.
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 16:26:41 pm »

One thing is for sure with a John Coleman side they will deploy all the old school dark art tricks that KC is not enamoured with-  time wasting, histrionics, ref whingeing, and kicking the ball into row Z. If we do get turned over I hope KCs post match interview does not end up with him slating the opposition's tactics, perhaps if we had manned up more at Oxford City we might still have been in the FA Cup. On balance I will bank on on KCs past track record at the Cobblers and  back him to come up with the goods after a previous dire performance  and in a way it might does us a favour to play against a team playing with the dark arts.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2020, 16:36:44 pm »

Cobblers 5-0. They'll surprise us yet again!

I think you are bering a tad optimistic there. 4-0 will do it.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2020, 17:14:15 pm »

Were not going to win this. No chance. But I would take great delight in being proven wrong. And I cant see us surviving. Usual stuff, get promoted, sell off anybody   who has any value, (undisclosed), release all of the others, and bring in a bunch of low league players who are out of contract. And end up with a squad that is too big for this level. And not good enough.
The days of bringing Marco, Gyepes, Corrazin, Forrester, Josh Low are long gone.
I dont think that we will survive relegation this year. Dont get me wrong, I want us to. But I cant see it happening.
I know this is at home, but I loved my trips up to Accrington. Great  scenery, great pubs, great beer. Good day out. Or it was .
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2020, 18:53:05 pm »

One thing is for sure with a John Coleman side they will deploy all the old school dark art tricks that KC is not enamoured with-  time wasting, histrionics, ref whingeing, and kicking the ball into row Z. If we do get turned over I hope KCs post match interview does not end up with him slating the opposition's tactics, perhaps if we had manned up more at Oxford City we might still have been in the FA Cup. On balance I will bank on on KCs past track record at the Cobblers and  back him to come up with the goods after a previous dire performance  and in a way it might does us a favour to play against a team playing with the dark arts.

You think they'll need to resort to any of that?
Get a dvd of Monday night... essential viewing!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2020, 19:21:15 pm »

Were not going to win this. No chance. But I would take great delight in being proven wrong. And I cant see us surviving. Usual stuff, get promoted, sell off anybody   who has any value, (undisclosed), release all of the others, and bring in a bunch of low league players who are out of contract. And end up with a squad that is too big for this level. And not good enough.
The days of bringing Marco, Gyepes, Corrazin, Forrester, Josh Low are long gone.
I dont think that we will survive relegation this year. Dont get me wrong, I want us to. But I cant see it happening.
I know this is at home, but I loved my trips up to Accrington. Great  scenery, great pubs, great beer. Good day out. Or it was .

Here’s a question, do you think Curle will last to the end of the season?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: