The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:21:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Accrington Stanley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accrington Stanley  (Read 11540 times)
EB Claret

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2020, 19:51:57 pm »

Here’s a question, do you think Curle will last to the end of the season?

He has already been in the job way longer than the average Football League manager, how much longer he stays will be partly determined by the response he can get from his team after Monday's no-show.
This set of players will need to put a full shift in every game for him to survive past January.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2020, 20:04:34 pm »

Can't see KT getting rid no matter what tbh...

Offered him a stupid 2 year deal after the play off euphoria, rather than a take it or leave it one year deal, or even a rolling contract...when will we ever learn!  Roll Eyes

Also, fans not being in the grounds to vent are making it a lot easier on KC...

Hence why he seems to have an untouchable swagger knowing sweet fa will happen...
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2020, 20:15:14 pm »

Can't see KT getting rid no matter what tbh...

Offered him a stupid 2 year deal after the play off euphoria, rather than a take it or leave it one year deal, or even a rolling contract...when will we ever learn!  Roll Eyes

Also, fans not being in the grounds to vent are making it a lot easier on KC...

Hence why he seems to have an untouchable swagger knowing sweet fa will happen...

Your first sentence is probably correct. The rest is pure unpleasant speculation.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2020, 20:45:22 pm »

I said this quite a few times but got shot down by the "Senior Members" on here  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2020, 21:11:13 pm »

I said this quite a few times but got shot down by the "Senior Members" on here  Wink

At times you give me the distinct impression that you prefer to be a 'snowflake'. Never mind what others say just don't let them detract you. All the best
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2020, 21:42:17 pm »

He has already been in the job way longer than the average Football League manager, how much longer he stays will be partly determined by the response he can get from his team after Monday's no-show.
This set of players will need to put a full shift in every game for him to survive past January.

I would hope that the riot act was read and threats of red hot pokers up the backside were made.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2020, 01:20:56 am »

Mr.Curle is a good manager.

The Cobblers must work for their milk.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2020, 10:20:36 am »

Thanks for that Frank, see the Lithium still isn’t having the desired effect.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2020, 10:43:33 am »

Thanks for that Frank, see the Lithium still isn’t having the desired effect.

Think he is Hallam Cobbler the scourge of quite a few on here! Be astute who you take on  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2020, 13:04:23 pm »

Think he is Hallam Cobbler the scourge of quite a few on here! Be astute who you take on  Cool
Thanks Evers old chum, what’s your match score prediction for Saturday?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2020, 13:11:46 pm »

Thanks Evers old chum, what’s your match score prediction for Saturday?

2-0

Hoskins and Smithy
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2020, 13:58:42 pm »

2-0

Hoskins and Smithy

1-0 Sir Ricky of Holmes 87th min
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2020, 14:48:07 pm »

1-0 Sir Ricky of Holmes 87th min

Proper fan - prodigious bulldog spirit and never in doubt.

Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2020, 16:00:47 pm »

Here’s a question, do you think Curle will last to the end of the season?
As you quoted me, then I will respond. I think that whatever happens, he will still be here. Still under contract, no income apart from Charlies transfer to Brentford. A good piece of business that, (for once) to get a million for a league two defender, whose biggest ability is to fall to the ground clutching his face. I can forgive him if its KVV though.  Grin
So back on track, no money coming in, a bloated squad with a wage bill to match, and I dont think that we can afford to sack him and his support staff.
And it wouldnt surprise me, if we still owe JFH some dosh.
In the current economic climate, clubs simply cannot sack contracted managers. It would cost too much. I am not a fan of Curly, and the dross that he serves up, but I think that he is here for a while yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2020, 16:01:05 pm »

Proper fan - prodigious bulldog spirit and never in doubt.

👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2020, 16:03:44 pm »

As you quoted me, then I will respond. I think that whatever happens, he will still be here. Still under contract, no income apart from Charlies transfer to Brentford. A good piece of business that, (for once) to get a million for a league two defender, whose biggest ability is to fall to the ground clutching his face. I can forgive him if its KVV though.  Grin
So back on track, no money coming in, a bloated squad with a wage bill to match, and I dont think that we can afford to sack him and his support staff.
In the current economic climate, clubs simply cannot sack contracted managers. It would cost too much. I am not a fan of Curly, and the dross that he serves up, but I think that he is here for a while yet.
I tend to agree with that mate, although I would prefer him gone purely because the style of play is just so bad to watch.  👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2020, 16:13:01 pm »

I tend to agree with that mate, although I would prefer him gone purely because the style of play is just so bad to watch.  👍
Yeah its not quite Boothroyds standards yet, but its getting there.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2020, 16:50:40 pm »

I can’t believe there’s still people belittling Goode’s ability and influence that he had on us last season - it’s amplified by the dross we have there now. I’d love to see him back on loan in January especially if racic goes the other way.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2020, 17:23:52 pm »

I can’t believe there’s still people belittling Goode’s ability and influence that he had on us last season - it’s amplified by the dross we have there now. I’d love to see him back on loan in January especially if racic goes the other way.
Maybe I should clarify my opinion. I am not doubting his influence, he did what he did. I am impressed with the transfer fee, but I am doubting his ability at Championship level. And judging by your comment, about wanting him back, then you agree with me?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2020, 17:24:23 pm »

Fair comment but a bit unfair on Goode! Who was very much the reason why we reached L1? Is the squad bloated? With several players on short term contracts plus some expiring in June may not be the case! Also a tad unfair criticism on KC but agree some of the displays were dour. If we had played the pleasing style of football you desire we probably not achieved promotion which is the aim of any club. Furthermore where you and other arguments on this dissipates is that we have not got those players to achieve this happy medium. These players don't come cheap; my experience of the Club is we have never really been a suitable club for such players. Only in the Bowen era did we entice the truly classier type of player - mostly enticed by generous signing on fees of which Alec Ashworth, Cliff Holton, and more recently Clark Carlisle are examples. As frequently lamented on here for far too long we have lacked the funds to compete. In any case, all our best sides recently have to been built on a strong defense basis with players like Goode, Langmead and Clark Carlisle providing the bedrock. In many ways, KC playoff team exemplified these disciplines with the added miraculous bonus of Morton and  Oliver!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: