The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:03:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Accrington Stanley

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accrington Stanley  (Read 11490 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2020, 21:25:41 pm »

Your constant sniping at KT, NTFC and some of the players too over the past 18 months; then you start to use somewhat abusive language in an effort to prove a weak point. Yes, I do feel they may well regret it especially the two lower league clubs. From my experience sacking a Manager is never a clever idea as Northampton has proved! I can almost guarantee that if you and a few others have their misguided way the next Manager will receive the same drip by drip negative comments or worse when things go amiss. It would help if all opinions are accepted as just that - opinions! It may dismay you that not everybody agrees with yours but that's how the forum operates. I am sure it would improve morale on here if a few of the 'dismal' ones could lighten up and put aside their supposed differences. Rally to Keith and NTFC.

This is a great post, especially coming from you!

Your constant sniping of anyone who has a differing opinion to your own is legendary. I'm pretty sure that it would improve morale on here if you disappeared for a while.

To take up another of your gems......sacking a manager is never a clever idea?? Wasn't John Barnwell sacked and replaced by Ian Atkins? Wasn't Atkins sacked and replaced by Wilson? Was not Wilkinson sacked and replaced by Calderwood? How about Boothroyd sacked and replaced by Wilder.
Every manager has their level, and sentiment only goes so far......when it is broken you invariably fix it......that analogy runs through many walks of life.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 21:37:42 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2020, 23:55:36 pm »

This is a great post, especially coming from you!

Your constant sniping of anyone who has a differing opinion to your own is legendary. I'm pretty sure that it would improve morale on here if you disappeared for a while.

To take up another of your gems......sacking a manager is never a clever idea?? Wasn't John Barnwell sacked and replaced by Ian Atkins? Wasn't Atkins sacked and replaced by Wilson? Was not Wilkinson sacked and replaced by Calderwood? How about Boothroyd sacked and replaced by Wilder.
Every manager has their level, and sentiment only goes so far......when it is broken you invariably fix it......that analogy runs through many walks of life.

I don't understand your endless negative activity against KC and KT; your congratulations to KC on promotion seemed to be pretty muted. All I have proposed is give it a miss or lighten up as am pretty sure not every Cobblers Fan appreciates all the negativity coming from the Curle Out Thread. To me and others, your proposals are financial madness and this after only a quarter of the season. I believe and hope even after today KC can guide us to safety but it might help if we had a united front on here if only to Christmas. To me all you might be doing is dividing the support; true you have some who agree but a few wins would soon dissipate. This is not deja vous but a short consideration of the current situation combined with at least some constructive comments/discussion may help to alleviate the mood on here. Perhaps time to put aside personal prejudices for the greater good? What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Air-Dan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2020, 07:31:34 am »

Maybe I should have put that question to Air-Dan. Where do we get the new left back and winger from? As the window is closed.

I'm quite happy to see Hoskins play LW until January but he then needs to be properly replaced either by splashing cash or bringing in a talented youngster on loan (both Wilder and Curle proved that quality loan signings are possible). Short term there are also options available in this position on free transfers - Lee Holmes is worth a punt on a short term / pay as you play deal. Or even give Korboa a run there and see if his game improves with minutes. Lots of options.

LB is trickier I'll admit. Short term I guess Sheehan could be pushed out there and Horsfall comes into the side as a CB. That may have mixed results but it's a short term fix until Mills (who is a good player) returns from injury. The LB problem is of Curle's own making as he has clearly neglected this position during recruitment. Martin is not good enough.

I think the formation will work with a couple of minor tweaks in personnel and I'd rather see our players getting used to those new tactics in the meantime rather than the hopeless hoofball we're currently seeing.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2020, 09:39:42 am »

Hoskins is not a winger, he’s been tried there so many times, he’s not quick enough or skilful enough, his only position is playing behind the front two even then he would be way behind Ricky Holmes.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2020, 10:42:45 am »

As suggested earlier very disappointing result against a club with supposedly an inferior budget? Yet for all that Stanley quickly established themselves as the better side. I agree with Bungle that 442 might be the better option with current players. For all their superiority Stanley failed to increase their lead thanks due to Mitchell and a few defenders led by Sheehan. But what a hole they left for the opening goal. Adams was unable to make any impact but was well marked thru’ out. Hoskins was Hoskins again! Rose and Smith anonymous thu’ out. Surprised that Harriman was withdrawn as I thought he was doing ok! Mitchell played well and appeared confident enough with his handling.
True the result drew comments of despair and doom, some of it needlessly OTT but in some cases well merited . I don’t agree with the chorus of sack the manager if only for financial reasons. This is based on KC ability to weather poor results and so avoid relegation. I prefer to cling to this hope and see what 2021 brings but in the meantime we must eke out a few points to ensure we are not marooned in the bottom 3/4. At this stage of the season all is not lost and hope this is recognised.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 10:51:46 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

observer1

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2020, 13:18:23 pm »

Not impressed with Nicky Adams referencing the fact we were favourites with the bookies to go down pre-season in his post-match interview. Means nothing, so why even bring it up. Going up through the playoffs with a more modest playing budget than most, you wouldn't expect us to be overly fancied. There are other bad teams in this division, and there's no reason at all we couldn't have a good go at trying to stay up with the squad we have, despite what the punters might think.

But the displays we're producing at the moment couldn't accurately be described as football, it's just dross. Never known a team as passive off the ball as we are, it's infuriating to watch. Teams just walk all over us, doesn't matter who it is. Curle laughably thinks we looked as capable as Accrington. With delusion levels that high amongst the coaching staff, I don't see things improving anytime soon.

Also why are we so crap at set pieces? It should be our bread and butter, shouldn't it? As for personnel, not many players emerged with any credit yesterday. Feel sorry for Holmes though, the worst possible time to be making a comeback with us. Smith I'm afraid shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. Pity because he's a really nice fella by all accounts, but he's had lots of chances and not looked remotely like scoring in any of the games. No room for sentimentality.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2020, 13:33:19 pm »

We have to change to 4 at the back .
The full back positions are an issue though .
If McWilliams isn’t injured he should play right back while Mills is out .
When Mills is back , Harriman plays there instead of left back .
Harriman has his down points but at least he is solid .
Sheehan then plays every week at centre half and Bolger , Horsfall and Racic play spoof to partner him . I honestly don’t know who is worst from that lot - and add Martin to the list .
Watson , Missilou and Sowerby battle for 2 midfield positions along with McWilliams when Mills is back .
Adams and Marshall wide of the middle 2 .
Hoskins or Holmes in front of them .
Rose up front challenged by Seal and Chuck .
That’s the best we can offer right now .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2020, 13:51:08 pm »

Not impressed with Nicky Adams referencing the fact we were favourites with the bookies to go down pre-season in his post-match interview. Means nothing, so why even bring it up. Going up through the playoffs with a more modest playing budget than most, you wouldn't expect us to be overly fancied. There are other bad teams in this division, and there's no reason at all we couldn't have a good go at trying to stay up with the squad we have, despite what the punters might think.

But the displays we're producing at the moment couldn't accurately be described as football, it's just dross. Never known a team as passive off the ball as we are, it's infuriating to watch. Teams just walk all over us, doesn't matter who it is. Curle laughably thinks we looked as capable as Accrington. With delusion levels that high amongst the coaching staff, I don't see things improving anytime soon.

Also why are we so crap at set pieces? It should be our bread and butter, shouldn't it? As for personnel, not many players emerged with any credit yesterday. Feel sorry for Holmes though, the worst possible time to be making a comeback with us. Smith I'm afraid shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. Pity because he's a really nice fella by all accounts, but he's had lots of chances and not looked remotely like scoring in any of the games. No room for sentimentality.

Well thought out post and convincing too. It’s a pity such thoughts don’t radiate more often than those currently on display.
Report Spam   Logged

1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2020, 04:54:25 am »

Observer 1, exactly my thoughts on Curle. I’m sure he’s a great guy but I’m really concerned with the delusional comments and assessments he is making. It’s clear to everyone we are not competing and have been fortunate to only be minus 11 on goal difference. It doesn’t bode well that he is up for tackling the issues and developing tactics.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2020, 13:08:11 pm »

Observer 1, exactly my thoughts on Curle. I’m sure he’s a great guy but I’m really concerned with the delusional comments and assessments he is making. It’s clear to everyone we are not competing and have been fortunate to only be minus 11 on goal difference. It doesn’t bode well that he is up for tackling the issues and developing tactics.

This is, for me the most significant aspect - fans with absolutely no real experience disappear up their own arses talking about tactics, formations and Plans A to B but the reality in Div 3 and 4 the primary objective is to compete for the ball, win every 50:50 ball and a fair few 40:60 ones as well - most seasoned fans accept being beaten by a more skilful side but don't accept being beaten by a relatively comparative side that simply work harder plus significantly work more for each other - for me its KC's denial of this and inability to acknowledge the same, and is far more important than his somewhat one dimensional and tedious tactics of which no one should be surprised at.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2020, 13:20:23 pm »

The goal was an absolute shambles.

I cant work out who is who from the image.

• Adams is out of position which is to be expected as an attacking Wingback
  • Sheehan is out wide covering the runner for Adams which is fine
  • 1 CB closes down the man which is fine
  • Who is the CB in red ? he has everything in front of him and does not read the danger. HE is not even the first person back, Watson beats him as he is left flat footed

Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2020, 15:11:56 pm »

i would also question why harriman doesnt spot the danger either.

lack of leaders and lack of winners sadly
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2020, 15:22:38 pm »

i would also question why harriman doesnt spot the danger either.

lack of leaders and lack of winners sadly

He at least has a man outside him (not in the image) that he is tracking. Who is the passenger in RED ?

You can throw a net over our 3 CBs.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2020, 16:10:48 pm »

The goal was an absolute shambles.

I cant work out who is who from the image.

• Adams is out of position which is to be expected as an attacking Wingback
  • Sheehan is out wide covering the runner for Adams which is fine
  • 1 CB closes down the man which is fine
  • Who is the CB in red ? he has everything in front of him and does not read the danger. HE is not even the first person back, Watson beats him as he is left flat footed

Fraser Horsfall is the man in red. Sheehan in blue & the man going to the player is Bolger.

Three central defenders too close together, drawn to the ball leaving a massive space to run into. Watson then fails to go with his man. Shocking defending.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2020, 20:03:35 pm »

When I first saw Horsfall I thought he looked a good prospect, fast forward 10 games and he’s nearly as big a liability as Racic.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2020, 20:16:09 pm »

When I first saw Horsfall I thought he looked a good prospect, fast forward 10 games and he’s nearly as big a liability as Racic.

Is Lloyd Jones still training with us? He can't be any worse than what we've got, apart from Sheehan.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2020, 07:45:06 am »

Horsfall for me is the worst of the 3 amigos central defenders we have brought in .
He constantly gets caught out of position , is nowhere near commanding enough and can’t distribute .
Can we stop getting players from Macclesfield please ? There’s a reason they play for clubs like that in the first place .
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2020, 08:01:01 am »

Horsfall for me is the worst of the 3 amigos central defenders we have brought in .
He constantly gets caught out of position , is nowhere near commanding enough and can’t distribute .
Can we stop getting players from Macclesfield please ? There’s a reason they play for clubs like that in the first place .

It's funny, isn't it? Without seeing them play and going by the comments of their previous/parent club's fans then we'd recruited really well and it seemed that we'd rebuilt a quality defence, a view that was reinforced after the Cardiff cup game. Since then though it's all gone down hill and, with the exception of Sheehan who has come late to the party, it's been like watching an episode of The Three Stooges at times.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3264

« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2020, 08:11:34 am »

Suggested team this evening;

Mitchell

Harriman, Horsfall, Bolger,Sheehan

Adams, Sowerby,Watson,Holmes

Ashley-Seal,Rose

Wharton, Goode, Oliver, Turnbull and Morton would walk into this team hence our problem - our League 1 team is NOT as good as our League 2 side who finished 7th!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2020, 09:03:01 am »

Suggested team this evening;

Mitchell

Harriman, Horsfall, Bolger,Sheehan

Adams, Sowerby,Watson,Holmes

Ashley-Seal,Rose

Wharton, Goode, Oliver, Turnbull and Morton would walk into this team hence our problem - our League 1 team is NOT as good as our League 2 side who finished 7th!!!!
The thought of Horsfall and Bolger in the middle Is frightening .
However , maybe just maybe a back 4 without zonal marking might see them flourish (!!!)
Sheehan at left back is a waste but until players return from injury we are left very short in those full back positions , particularly after Martin embarrassed himself last week .
I am not sure Holmes is fit enough to start wide yet and he is better suited behind the front man .  I would try Roberts there in an attacking role and Holmes behind Rose .
As we all know , Hoskins will play whatever !
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: