The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:28:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51283 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #280 on: December 12, 2020, 19:14:49 pm »

You know him too?
Grin Grin Yeah.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #281 on: December 12, 2020, 19:15:42 pm »

Back end of last season and then this season....

24 League games (since the Derby FA Cup Replay defeat)........7 wins......3 draws.....14 defeats......25 goals scored.....36 goals conceded

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
JohnWally

View Profile
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2020, 19:24:59 pm »

I'll drive him wherever he wants to go. Fed up beyond words now. 20 odd % possession every week with an average L2 team in L1. Even the most claret tinted spectacle wearers ( of which I have been one for years ) cannot continue to put up with KC'S deluded defensive mentality.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2020, 20:19:19 pm »

I agree that KC’s brand of football is dull but I just don’t see how the current level of relegation danger is greater than the risk of getting a new manager in. Yes it’s difficult to watch and I for one do not agree with the tactics from today’s game but when KC took this job it’s likely he would have been tasked with getting us promoted and then keeping us in league one. He successfully achieved part one in his first full season. This season has been a struggle (as we all expected it would be) but it’s not as if we’re at the foot of the table and 6 points adrift. We’re not even currently in the relegation zone. At the start of the season a lot of us would have been happy with just surviving this year. We’re over a third of the way into the season and whist it hasn’t been the easiest watch, we are managing to keep our head above water.

Would it be nice to see more entertaining football? Absolutely. Would I prefer to see different tactics? Yes. But despite this, sacking KC now would be very harsh, nonsensical and ultimately a risk which I do not believe is necessary for us to take at this stage.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2020, 20:24:49 pm »

I agree that KC’s brand of football is dull but I just don’t see how the current level of relegation danger is greater than the risk of getting a new manager in. Yes it’s difficult to watch and I for one do not agree with the tactics from today’s game but when KC took this job it’s likely he would have been tasked with getting us promoted and then keeping us in league one. He successfully achieved part one in his first full season. This season has been a struggle (as we all expected it would be) but it’s not as if we’re at the foot of the table and 6 points adrift. We’re not even currently in the relegation zone. At the start of the season a lot of us would have been happy with just surviving this year. We’re over a third of the way into the season and whist it hasn’t been the easiest watch, we are managing to keep our head above water.

Would it be nice to see more entertaining football? Absolutely. Would I prefer to see different tactics? Yes. But despite this, sacking KC now would be very harsh, nonsensical and ultimately a risk which I do not believe is necessary for us to take at this stage.

Serious question CC......

Do you think the situation would be any different if we were getting 6000-7000 home crowds and upwards of 1000 travelling away from home? Would the pressure from the stands after performances like we are turning in make a difference?
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #285 on: December 12, 2020, 20:30:39 pm »

How the fcuk is want Curle out “nonsensical “ 😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2020, 20:48:33 pm »

Do you think the situation would be any different if we were getting 6000-7000 home crowds and upwards of 1000 travelling away from home? Would the pressure from the stands after performances like we are turning in make a difference?

It would certainly add more pressure on KC for sure. I do believe the fact that the majority of this season has been played behind closed doors means he has been able to play a more negative style. Maybe when more of us are back in he will be forced to be more positive in games. I still don’t think having a packed stadium would change things from Kelvin Thomas’ view though. It is very likely he will have said to KC this year ‘just keep us in the division’. Based on where we sit today, I think KT will still be confident that KC can hit that target.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2020, 20:55:42 pm »

It would certainly add more pressure on KC for sure. I do believe the fact that the majority of this season has been played behind closed doors means he has been able to play a more negative style. Maybe when more of us are back in he will be forced to be more positive in games. I still don’t think having a packed stadium would change things from Kelvin Thomas’ view though. It is very likely he will have said to KC this year ‘just keep us in the division’. Based on where we sit today, I think KT will still be confident that KC can hit that target.

Fair comment.....not so sure about what KT might have said to KC though....KT in the press kept going on about a competitive budget, made reference to Wycombe on more than one occasion, "if they can do it why can't we?"..... would be pretty negative just to hope for 20th this season.....in my opinion of course.

We're 5 points off the bottom of the league, 2 points off the relegation zone, above six other teams of whom four have a game in hand on us. Oxford on Tuesday night is a huge game.
Report Spam   Logged

crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2020, 20:56:07 pm »

How the fcuk is want Curle out “nonsensical “ 😂

If you want him out that’s your opinion, which you are entitled to. My opinion, which I am entitled to,  is that sacking him now wouldn’t make sense. The word ‘nonsensical’ means to lack sense hence why I have used it.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2020, 21:04:11 pm »

Fair comment.....not so sure about what KT might have said to KC though....KT in the press kept going on about a competitive budget, made reference to Wycombe on more than one occasion, "if they can do it why can't we?"..... would be pretty negative just to hope for 20th this season.....in my opinion of course.

We're 5 points off the bottom of the league, 2 points off the relegation zone, above six other teams of whom four have a game in hand on us. Oxford on Tuesday night is a huge game.

If he’d have come out and said we just want to finish 21st this season there would have been outrage on here with the club being blasted as ‘lacking ambition’. He’s not stupid, he’s a businessman and he knows that this season is going to be financially tough and staying in the division would be fantastic. KC has already said the aim is to ‘maintain our status in the division’. How competitive can our budget really be if we’re getting outmuscled by the likes of Gillingham?

We are 5 points off bottom but also 5 points off 11th. I agree that Tuesday is a huge game and we need a much better performance than today.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2020, 21:21:40 pm »

I also know millionaires. Two brothers that I have been working for in central London. And their father is a billionaire. But their interest is in property renovation. Not football. So, now that I have trumped you, where are we going to play when your boys demolish Sixfields ? Grin
Believe me when I tell you that you haven’t trumped me
Read my post again
One is a multi billionaire.....
I can say no more....

Interestingly one of the people I know is a brother who works in property renovation in London.
Could be the same chap....
Are they local???

Interestingly in my friends opinion the best place to build a stadium would be just off the motorway towards blisworth
This area will soon be a large industrial site being linked to the rail network (freight initially) but my friend would take a punt that what with climate change and an eagerness in the future to get cars off roads in his opinion in years to come it will carry passengers.
A 25,000 seater stadium in that area a stones throw from junction 15a and with potential to have a rail link would be the way forward....
Sixfields would be houses(or whatever the council desire)

That was what he told me he would do were he to purchase the football club.
He also said basically any club with a capacity under 10,000 would never be a sustainable entity in football terms in years to come.
He said that there will eventually be a second premier league in some guise where big clubs with big capacities will get 50% less than the prem for tv rights etc.
He claimed this would be natural progression in football terms with the top 40 teams getting great financial rewards from tv rights where as the rest of the teams 50 odd would wither on the vine.
In his opinion ntfc needed to be a sustainable championship club with a 25,000 seater stadium selling out to have any chance of jumping on the gravy train.

That is why he said the club is a potential goldmine if they have the finance to speculate and turn the club from a traditional lower league club into a club that with significant investment could rival the likes of Leicester,wolves and West Brom and significant year on year growth being a one county team.

The only thing stopping this for the last twenty years has been anyone with the vision and finance to realise this...

He hasn’t got where he is by getting things wrong!!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2020, 22:08:40 pm »

Reduced to empty rhetoric and conjecture? I really don't understand the lengths you go to belittle the support in order to suit your line of thought. Are you really a fan?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3264

« Reply #292 on: December 13, 2020, 05:26:26 am »

Rather than moan why not ask KT if he has said that to be a sustainable league one club we need extra investment....

As you have asked I know of a couple of people who could buy the club with their loose change....
I asked one who looked into it....
He said he would willingly buy the club for £1 as long as it was debt free )ie )the current owners would write off all the debt they have amassed during their tenure.

He said he would knock the current stadium down and build a fit for purpose 25,000 seater stadium.
No bulls***.

The chap is worth we’ll over £500M

I also know another chap whose wealth dwarfs that....
He is foreign though lives in London.

I know these people through my horse racing ventures.

To put things in perspective one of them has spent £40m on bloodstock this calendar year the other is a multi billionaire.

When things are better and the redevelopment is finished il be happy to attend sixfields again and you can meet me if you wish.
I can even introduce you to one of them.

I don’t make statements that I can’t back up.

He will have been the most successful businessman to ever step foot in sixfields end of.

One of them actually stated that NTFC are actually a brilliant investment opportunity for someone with the right nous.
However he said in all his business ventures he would never pay an inflated price on the back of others financial decisions ie) you run a business and accrue millions of pounds of debt don’t expect me to pay for your bad decisions.

That’s it in a nutshell.

Oh actually I do know a third...
He is Irish and is going to buy his local GAA team and turn them into a force
He is going to pump a paltry £25M into them as a hobby so I doubt he’d be interested in the cobblers!!

In fairness you chose the right person to ask !!! Wink

If your comments are to believed why did he not buy it for a pound when KT and DC stepped up to the plate?

My same comment to you, as it is now to KT, is it's easy to 'talk the talk, try walking the walk'!!!
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #293 on: December 13, 2020, 07:45:16 am »

Reduced to empty rhetoric and conjecture? I really don't understand the lengths you go to belittle the support in order to suit your line of thought. Are you really a fan?

I have to say Evers, how could you have possibly come up with this reply based on the question that was posed?

I can only conclude that you have a personal agenda against the previous poster?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 13, 2020, 08:17:16 am »

If your comments are to believed why did he not buy it for a pound when KT and DC stepped up to the plate?

My same comment to you, as it is now to KT, is it's easy to 'talk the talk, try walking the walk'!!!
As I understand it the notion that the club was purchased for a pound is at best naive.
There was substantial debt and bills that were picked up including many that the new owners were unaware of.
The reason he didn’t bother was the timescale.
It was a rush job to get any deal done and proper due diligence could never be completed...
The checks KT/DB managed were in no way comprehensive due to timescale restraints placed upon them , this resulted in surprises being found which from memory I think they acknowledged at the time.

It was hard enough for new owners taking over just carrying on as was (and let’s not forget nothing has really changed in the grand scheme of things)

To pour in excess of £50M into a club without having time to properly look at finances , purchase land for a new stadium , have talks with the council regards the future of sixfields etc was certainly not viable given a two/three week period.

In short had my friend decided to buy the club it would have been a major investment which would have meant the club leaving sixfields and cutting ties with the council who own the ground and building a new fit for purpose stadium to take the club into the next century...

At the moment he is keeping an eye on another sporting opportunity that may arise within the county in which to invest.
It actually has the chance to be more profitable than buying ntfc and would take less time to return a profit on investment.

Buying football clubs is a high risk investment but in my friends opinion Northampton was one of a handful of clubs in the country that had a good chance of being able to sell on for large profit in the next decade if you were in the championship with regular gates of 20,000 plus.
He does however fear that the time to move on this has passed as the football world is changing and the small clubs will remain forever small.
He did say interestingly that his ideas for the clubs future were no different than max griggs plans many years ago.
He maintains that if the club had the foresight to embrace Griggs at the time then the club would have been in the premiership now...

Which when you look at the current situation of adding a few corporate boxes and a lick of paint to a sub 10,000 seater stadium it goes to show how far away the club actually are from ever being a serious proposition.

To get things back on topic there will be many managers like KC who come here on the back of promises and sound bytes of a bright future but in reality they are doomed to failure.

MK have walked before they run and it will take another generation before their wonderful stadium is filled with local born and bred fans.
Peterborough have got the rate of progression spot on and will be a championship regular soon enough with adequate facilities to maintain that level of football and will receive the riches that come with it.
The cobblers will trundle on much like the last decade with an unfinished redevelopment with the irony being that it has taken so long that the current redevelopment is no longer fit for purpose and will actually serve very little benefit whatsoever...
Time has ticked on and other clubs are redeveloping or building 20,000 plus stadiums for the future, the cobblers are getting nowhere with an 8,500 seater stadium.

The club is not in great shape for the future whatever anyone says as their ambition is so small and they have no hope of attracting managers/players of the right calibre when their future is as a league two club.

That in reality is where the club are now a league two club masquerading in league one.
Even the current owners have said on record that extra investment is needed over and above what they can offer in order for the cobblers to go to the next level hence the Chinese fiasco (never mentioned nowadays)

There will be many KCs come and go but until the fan base realises the reality of the situation and lowers its expectations nothing will change.

In football you get what you put in and ambition ultimately leads to success.
There are now quite a few league one clubs with ambition and finance to get into the championship but sadly we are not one.

No amount of different managers will change that anytime soon.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 13, 2020, 08:34:04 am »

I have to say Evers, how could you have possibly come up with this reply based on the question that was posed?

I can only conclude that you have a personal agenda against the previous poster?

Yet he says I’m the one with the agenda!

The old man is just a wind up merchant.....
Report Spam   Logged

Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #296 on: December 13, 2020, 08:59:19 am »

Read my post again
I can say no more....

Are there any multi billionaires in the uk?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #297 on: December 13, 2020, 09:18:41 am »

Read my post again
I can say no more....

Interestingly one of the people I know is a brother who works in property renovation in London.
Could be the same chap....
Are they local???

Interestingly in my friends opinion the best place to build a stadium would be just off the motorway towards blisworth
This area will soon be a large industrial site being linked to the rail network (freight initially) but my friend would take a punt that what with climate change and an eagerness in the future to get cars off roads in his opinion in years to come it will carry passengers.
A 25,000 seater stadium in that area a stones throw from junction 15a and with potential to have a rail link would be the way forward....
Sixfields would be houses(or whatever the council desire)

That was what he told me he would do were he to purchase the football club.
He also said basically any club with a capacity under 10,000 would never be a sustainable entity in football terms in years to come.
He said that there will eventually be a second premier league in some guise where big clubs with big capacities will get 50% less than the prem for tv rights etc.
He claimed this would be natural progression in football terms with the top 40 teams getting great financial rewards from tv rights where as the rest of the teams 50 odd would wither on the vine.
In his opinion ntfc needed to be a sustainable championship club with a 25,000 seater stadium selling out to have any chance of jumping on the gravy train.

That is why he said the club is a potential goldmine if they have the finance to speculate and turn the club from a traditional lower league club into a club that with significant investment could rival the likes of Leicester,wolves and West Brom and significant year on year growth being a one county team.

The only thing stopping this for the last twenty years has been anyone with the vision and finance to realise this...

He hasn’t got where he is by getting things wrong!!!
He’s wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #298 on: December 13, 2020, 10:46:15 am »

GPC provides very good details on NTFC matters particularly financial aspects. I have no need to pursue personal agenda’s. You are entitled to conclude what you like and happy to applaud you. As always due to the nature of MB’s much is lost in understanding what was said or even implied/meant. I don’t appreciate comments which belittle the support by describing them as ‘Happy Clappers’ simply because they are perceived in that way in order to mock them. Rightly or even wrongly I believe GPC is on a journey which if followed could be disastrous for the Club. My point of reference would be Melly’s recent post of which I hope you have read and support? ? ?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #299 on: December 13, 2020, 10:54:03 am »

Are there any multi billionaires in the uk?
Interesting fact, the UK is just about the only country in Europe that has billionaires. Anyway, back to the football.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: