The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:51:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51297 times)
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #820 on: February 04, 2021, 19:58:43 pm »

Frustration or not I can’t agree with this, that is all born of hindsight? Given the fact we have had 4 previous managerial disasters prior to Curle? It the contract had not been offered and he would have taken up an offer elsewhere and the next bloke failed, which statistically he will, Kelvin Thomas would have been accused of appalling judgment, and rightly so? To repeat, that’s without the benefit of hindsight.

Disagree, he is a journeyman, who was never going to be in demand even after finally achieving a first promotion after x amount of years trying. This is not hindsight as many were saying it at the time.

He was never going to turn down a 1 year deal during a pandemic...but if he did and KT explained to supporters that a 1 year contract offer was declined, I'm sure there wouldn't be many supporters demanding he be offered an extended contract. The football has been & is still mainly dreadful to watch.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #821 on: February 04, 2021, 20:03:28 pm »

Disagree, he is a journeyman, who was never going to be in demand even after finally achieving a first promotion after x amount of years trying. This is not hindsight as many were saying it at the time.

He was never going to turn down a 1 year deal during a pandemic...but if he did and KT explained to supporters that a 1 year contract offer was declined, I'm sure there wouldn't be many supporters demanding he be offered an extended contract. The football has been & is still mainly dreadful to watch.
Can't disagree with any of this. I was one who said to give him a one year rolling contract.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #822 on: February 04, 2021, 20:05:50 pm »

Frustration or not I can’t agree with this, that is all born of hindsight? Given the fact we have had 4 previous managerial disasters prior to Curle? It the contract had not been offered and he would have taken up an offer elsewhere and the next bloke failed, which statistically he will, Kelvin Thomas would have been accused of appalling judgment, and rightly so? To repeat, that’s without the benefit of hindsight.

....................Frustration or not I can’t agree with this, that is all born of hindsight

Surely not Raggie...surely not Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #823 on: February 04, 2021, 20:19:53 pm »

If a manager gets a better offer from another club, contract or not they will leave, while we might get a tiny bit of compensation if he is still contracted it’s hardly worth it as that situation is far less likely than a manager failing and having to be paid off.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #824 on: February 04, 2021, 22:39:49 pm »

As was said by many at the time, the club should NEVER have offered KC a new two year contract last Summer, simply off the back of an extremely fortunate promotion.

A one year rolling contract at best (especially during a pandemic) should have been the only offer on the table. If he declined it then thanks but goodbye.

The club only have themselves to blame & I'm sure they didn't have the foresight to include a relegation clause so we're lumbered. Can't see KT sacking him no matter what but us as supporters we have the option to renew season tickets, which the club surely need to factor in.

Absolutely spot on, mind you isn’t KT a self proclaimed “football man” he should know better.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: February 04, 2021, 23:10:26 pm »

As at February 1st 2021 the difference between a 12 months rolling contract and a two year contract from July 1st 2020 is 5 months pay maximum. Perhaps KT reckoned he was always going to give KC at least 6 months (or possibly the whole season) before judging him one way or the other. It's not as if he gave him a significant budget to play with so this season was always going to be tough.

We, of course, don't know the salary rates involved or any of the particular peculiarities of contract entered into. The dates I've used in this comment are estimates.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #826 on: February 04, 2021, 23:20:33 pm »

Fair point.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #827 on: February 05, 2021, 22:33:28 pm »

It's all about survival this season, by any means. It's been a poor and uninspiring season. As fans we've not been able to gain any affinity with the players because we can't get to watch them. KC knows he doesn't have to entertain because there's no body to entertain part from the few of us who endure the action behind a fuzzy screen. There's no vocal backlash. It's a nothing season and one we just need to get through, a) as a club and b) as a League One club. Then maybe next season we can get back to Sixfields, start supporting and enjoying the football side of our lives again, with KC having gained more League One know-how and a plan to make us better.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #828 on: February 06, 2021, 10:51:27 am »

It's all about survival this season, by any means. It's been a poor and uninspiring season. As fans we've not been able to gain any affinity with the players because we can't get to watch them. KC knows he doesn't have to entertain because there's no body to entertain part from the few of us who endure the action behind a fuzzy screen. There's no vocal backlash. It's a nothing season and one we just need to get through, a) as a club and b) as a League One club. Then maybe next season we can get back to Sixfields, start supporting and enjoying the football side of our lives again, with KC having gained more League One know-how and a plan to make us better.
Agree with this very good post Wadey
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #829 on: February 06, 2021, 10:55:34 am »

I have got a funny feeling we will win today and the cycle starts again. See you all in 3 weeks  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #830 on: February 06, 2021, 11:35:21 am »

I have got a funny feeling we will win today and the cycle starts again. See you all in 3 weeks  Grin Grin
4-1 if you’re prepared to follow your funny feeling
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #831 on: February 09, 2021, 19:47:43 pm »

This bloke has got to go, totally hopeless.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #832 on: February 09, 2021, 19:48:34 pm »

Get it done tonight Kelvin. Curle out and now.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #833 on: February 09, 2021, 19:49:34 pm »

Curle OUT for the love of god get rid of him please KT.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #834 on: February 09, 2021, 19:59:08 pm »

I'm done. I didn't want Curle from the off but having got him I wanted him to be a success. The football last year was dire but we got results, even though the entertainment value was non existent. The play off campaign showed what Curle was trying to do and it won me over. I was pleased when he signed an extension because we saw what we could do when we got it right.

This season has been shìt. No guile, no discernable tactics, no entertainment, no results and now not even any goals either. I've umm-ed and ah-ed and ultimately come down on the side of giving him more time.

Not after tonight though. He's hopeless and watching this drivel is making me miserable at a time when we all need cheering up.

f*** off, Keith. You're incompetent.

Get rid of him and let Brady and Sammo see what they can get out of the players. Yes, their hands will be tied, but at least we might make a fight of it.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest1223

« Reply #835 on: February 09, 2021, 19:59:44 pm »

Now!! Out!
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #836 on: February 09, 2021, 20:00:38 pm »

I'm done. I didn't want Curle from the off but having got him I wanted him to be a success. The football last year was dire but we got results, even though the entertainment value was non existent. The play off campaign showed what Curle was trying to do and it won me over. I was pleased when he signed an extension because we saw what we could do when we got it right.

This season has been shìt. No guile, no discernable tactics, no entertainment, no results and now not even any goals either. I've umm-ed and ah-ed and ultimately come down on the side of giving him more time.

Not after tonight though. He's hopeless and watching this drivel is making me miserable at a time when we all need cheering up.

**** off, Keith. You're incompetent.

Get rid of him and let Brady and Sammo see what they can get out of the players. Yes, their hands will be tied, but at least we might make a fight of it.

+1
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #837 on: February 09, 2021, 20:02:17 pm »

GOODBYE Mr Curle.

Do not insult our intelligence any more.

Over to KT NOW!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #838 on: February 09, 2021, 20:03:17 pm »

Curle Out
Curle Out
Curle out
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #839 on: February 09, 2021, 20:05:25 pm »

26 league games played....15 games we have failed to score.... FIFTEEN!

13 league games played at home..... in NINE of them we have failed to score.....9

20 goals all season in the league, the worst in the division

1 win in 11 games

Outclassed by Oxford City in the FA Cup

No clue, no hope, no idea

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Keith Curle, the man who is trying to create an identity at Northampton Town......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: