The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:51:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51296 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #300 on: December 13, 2020, 11:20:28 am »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverwilliams1/2019/11/20/exactly-how-many-billionaires-are-there-in-the-uk/?sh=62d80be819b7
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #301 on: December 13, 2020, 11:37:42 am »

The communist party lying, surely not  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #302 on: December 13, 2020, 11:39:46 am »

If they moved to Europe they would probably cease to be billionaires, anyone fancy having a crack at why?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3086

« Reply #303 on: December 13, 2020, 12:10:37 pm »

Depends on how you measure wealth. My neighbour hasn't a bean in the bank but owns a mint Tracy Island.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #304 on: December 13, 2020, 12:10:39 pm »

He’s wrong.
In your opinion which is fine.
Without being rude to you I very much doubt he will lose sleep worrying about your opinion
He is a multi millionaire businessman who could buy the club with his loose change and he hasn’t got to that stage by being a bad businessman.
He certainly hasn’t purchased the cobblers and racked up a large debt over the last few years...
His own business ventures turn a large profit.
The cobblers as a company have lost millions of pounds over the last few seasons.
In an extraordinary parallel max Griggs was a very successful businessman.
He would have been the best/most successful businessman that the club could ever have had....

They don’t have much luck with mega rich owners but they’ve had chances and there are still very rich local businessmen out there.....

As my friend said last year...
Either something is for sale or it is not.
That is totally different to we are here to be spoken to...
That means nothing in the eyes of real businessmen
If it’s for sale there is a price to purchase
Anything else is just twaddle

Those are very wise words.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 13, 2020, 12:14:45 pm »

I know of many billionaires who live in the U.K. but none are British.
I know one multi billionaire personally and a few multi millionaires (British,Irish)
I know of one who owns a £100M property but lives in it 3 months a year!!

There are lots more very wealthy people than you’d think
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #306 on: December 13, 2020, 12:16:23 pm »

The communist party lying, surely not  Grin

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 13, 2020, 12:31:48 pm »

In your opinion which is fine.
Without being rude to you I very much doubt he will lose sleep worrying about your opinion
He is a multi millionaire businessman who could buy the club with his loose change and he hasn’t got to that stage by being a bad businessman.
He certainly hasn’t purchased the cobblers and racked up a large debt over the last few years...
His own business ventures turn a large profit.
The cobblers as a company have lost millions of pounds over the last few seasons.
In an extraordinary parallel max Griggs was a very successful businessman.
He would have been the best/most successful businessman that the club could ever have had....

They don’t have much luck with mega rich owners but they’ve had chances and there are still very rich local businessmen out there.....

As my friend said last year...
Either something is for sale or it is not.
That is totally different to we are here to be spoken to...
That means nothing in the eyes of real businessmen
If it’s for sale there is a price to purchase
Anything else is just twaddle

Those are very wise words.
You’re not rude and he definitely won’t lose sleep. The fact is that he is a billionaire in spite of his wrong decisions. Every entrepreneur and business person makes mistakes and errors of judgment irrespective of the quality of their C.V. Opinion is opinion and no more and no less. The only way to establish the veracity of opinion is to act upon it? His C.V doesn’t offer any guarantee that he is correct in his assessment or devalue the relevance of an alternative view any more than mine? With regards to Max Griggs my understanding is that his business went through a challenging period? Had he been in charge of the cobblers it is possible that we could have been financially over extended as a result of those difficulties? I don’t know that as a fact I only raise it as a possibility? The fact is this, many clubs have had very rich benefactors who have promised a brighter future? These include Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Brighton and Bournemouth. The results have been mixed?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 13, 2020, 12:51:59 pm »

That’s fair although I think that many of those you speak of have hit the buffers after overspending in the premiership in a desperate attempt to stay in it.
Many successful businessmen have ups and downs.
The owners of Ryanair have cut back on their bloodstock investments due to the COVID situation...
They still have a company though and one that will be making major profits again soon.

I don’t mean to disrespect any owners that have been in charge during the 40 years I’ve been a fan but none would have had the financial clout to make the cobblers a championship club.

The fact is IF the cobblers were purchased by a wealthy owner they could be turned around quicker than you’d imagine.
They are an attractive proposition as a one county football club but would need starting from scratch
There is no reason whatsoever that the cobblers couldn’t have an MK dons style stadium and we would have more chance of filling it regularly than MK

We only seem to have aspirations to be a league two club in a small ground.
I feel that’s a shame as there is scope for so much more...

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #309 on: December 13, 2020, 12:58:15 pm »

Is he a multi million or billionaire? You keep changing your description of him.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #310 on: December 13, 2020, 13:01:23 pm »

I don’t mean to disrespect any owners that have been in charge during the 40 years I’ve been a fan but none would have had the financial clout to make the cobblers a championship club.

Cardozo almost did  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2020, 13:05:56 pm »

Interestingly one of the people I know is a brother who works in property renovation in London.
Could be the same chap....
Are they local???

Nope. Swedish.
On another note, when I was 16 I went to college with a lad, who told us all that he was going to be a millionaire. At the time, he was an apprentice panel beater at Dutton Forshaw in Kettering. And drove around in an old mini van. He recently sold his business empire for 110 million.
This is all pointless though, as none of them are going to invest in us.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 13, 2020, 13:07:46 pm »

Is he a multi million or billionaire? You keep changing your description of him.
Depends which country he’s in? Is anyone getting involved in this trivia challenge or am I wasting my time?
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #313 on: December 13, 2020, 13:11:55 pm »

Depends which country he’s in? Is anyone getting involved in this trivia challenge or am I wasting my time?
We are all billionaires in Venezuela  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 13, 2020, 13:13:54 pm »

We are all billionaires in Venezuela  Grin
No you’re not!
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 13, 2020, 13:19:33 pm »

Right, since no one is taking it seriously I’ll tell you. It’s because generally speaking English speaking countries use the short scale numerical system. This means that a billion is a thousand million, a trillion is a thousand billion, a quadrillion is a thousand trillion and so on. Non English speaking countries generally (although not always) use the long scale system. In this format a billion is a million million, a trillion is a million billion and so on. Hence as a general rule billionaires only exist in English speaking countries. Sorry for boring everyone?
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 13, 2020, 13:29:21 pm »

At the risk of extending this, we had a Venezualan painter on site. It was like the United Nations at times. He told us that you could fill your car up for about a pound, but there was no food on the shelves. And due to hyper inflation, you had to carry a rucksack full of worthless currency around, in order to purchase anything. He was lucky, as his parents were diplomats, and he was able to travel around Europe. He liked London a lot. Grin That opened his eyes.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 13, 2020, 13:40:01 pm »

Nope. Swedish.
On another note, when I was 16 I went to college with a lad, who told us all that he was going to be a millionaire. At the time, he was an apprentice panel beater at Dutton Forshaw in Kettering. And drove around in an old mini van. He recently sold his business empire for 110 million.
This is all pointless though, as none of them are going to invest in us.

I knew a bloke who every year claimed that this time next year il be a millionaire.
It never came to pass until one day when he found a very valuable watch in his garage and it sold for millions at auction.
He won’t be investing in the cobblers either.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 13, 2020, 13:43:26 pm »

I knew a bloke who every year claimed that this time next year il be a millionaire.
It never came to pass until one day when he found a very valuable watch in his garage and it sold for millions at auction.
He won’t be investing in the cobblers either.
He didnt start saying that at sixteen though. But to be fair, they both had dodgy vans.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 13, 2020, 13:56:41 pm »

He didnt start saying that at sixteen though. But to be fair, they both had dodgy vans.  Grin
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: