The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 20:59:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 52382 times)
guest3338

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #320 on: December 13, 2020, 14:59:54 pm »

Right, since no one is taking it seriously I’ll tell you. It’s because generally speaking English speaking countries use the short scale numerical system. This means that a billion is a thousand million, a trillion is a thousand billion, a quadrillion is a thousand trillion and so on. Non English speaking countries generally (although not always) use the long scale system. In this format a billion is a million million, a trillion is a million billion and so on. Hence as a general rule billionaires only exist in English speaking countries. Sorry for boring everyone?
Got here to late. I knew of that distinction. Didnt a billion get watered down to a thousand million by the yanks the same way they have a knack of altering most things to siot their own and then us Brits since followed suit? Sure I learnt about a billion being a million squared when at school.
Quite surprised that no one individual can yet call himself a true billionaire (million x million) asset wise in this day and age. How much is the richest person on the planet currently worth then and who is it?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #321 on: December 13, 2020, 15:00:35 pm »

No you’re not!
XE Currency Converter: 1 GBP to VES = 695,958.35 Venezuelan Bolívares.
I think the sun is getting to you Melly either that or being upside down has fcuked up your brain.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #322 on: December 13, 2020, 15:05:54 pm »

I think the sun is getting to you Melly either that or being upside down has fcuked up your brain.

Now check again to see how many thousand more a quid can buy you.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #323 on: December 13, 2020, 15:29:42 pm »

In your opinion which is fine.
Without being rude to you I very much doubt he will lose sleep worrying about your opinion
He is a multi millionaire businessman who could buy the club with his loose change and he hasn’t got to that stage by being a bad businessman.
He certainly hasn’t purchased the cobblers and racked up a large debt over the last few years...
His own business ventures turn a large profit.
The cobblers as a company have lost millions of pounds over the last few seasons.
In an extraordinary parallel max Griggs was a very successful businessman.
He would have been the best/most successful businessman that the club could ever have had....

They don’t have much luck with mega rich owners but they’ve had chances and there are still very rich local businessmen out there.....

As my friend said last year...
Either something is for sale or it is not.
That is totally different to we are here to be spoken to...
That means nothing in the eyes of real businessmen
If it’s for sale there is a price to purchase
Anything else is just twaddle

Those are very wise words.

Max Griggs over reached himself taking a small club to League 1, so he could have taken the Cobblers to...  where they are now!

Your mate(?) says the club is a potential goldmine and you say he could buy it with his small change, so clearing any debt would need just a little more small change for a multi billionaire. So why doesn't he? Surely a multi billionaire would like a very cheap goldmine, is he in fact a billion red herrings? If not, great!, tell him to step up and show everyone how to run a football club.

Not taking the mick here I'd love to see this happen to my little club.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #324 on: December 13, 2020, 16:06:49 pm »

Rather than moan why not ask KT if he has said that to be a sustainable league one club we need extra investment....

As you have asked I know of a couple of people who could buy the club with their loose change....
I asked one who looked into it....
He said he would willingly buy the club for £1 as long as it was debt free )ie )the current owners would write off all the debt they have amassed during their tenure.

He said he would knock the current stadium down and build a fit for purpose 25,000 seater stadium.
No bulls***.

The chap is worth we’ll over £500M

I also know another chap whose wealth dwarfs that....
He is foreign though lives in London.

I know these people through my horse racing ventures.

To put things in perspective one of them has spent £40m on bloodstock this calendar year the other is a multi billionaire.

When things are better and the redevelopment is finished il be happy to attend sixfields again and you can meet me if you wish.
I can even introduce you to one of them.

I don’t make statements that I can’t back up.

He will have been the most successful businessman to ever step foot in sixfields end of.

One of them actually stated that NTFC are actually a brilliant investment opportunity for someone with the right nous.
However he said in all his business ventures he would never pay an inflated price on the back of others financial decisions ie) you run a business and accrue millions of pounds of debt don’t expect me to pay for your bad decisions.

That’s it in a nutshell.

Oh actually I do know a third...
He is Irish and is going to buy his local GAA team and turn them into a force
He is going to pump a paltry £25M into them as a hobby so I doubt he’d be interested in the cobblers!!

In fairness you chose the right person to ask !!! Wink

Then why are they hesitating about the asking price?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2020, 17:11:57 pm »

Max Griggs over reached himself taking a small club to League 1, so he could have taken the Cobblers to...  where they are now!

Your mate(?) says the club is a potential goldmine and you say he could buy it with his small change, so clearing any debt would need just a little more small change for a multi billionaire. So why doesn't he? Surely a multi billionaire would like a very cheap goldmine, is he in fact a billion red herrings? If not, great!, tell him to step up and show everyone how to run a football club.

Not taking the mick here I'd love to see this happen to my little club.
He has no need to buy the club and as discussed as a matter of principal he wouldn’t pay off debt incurred by previous incumbents.
That’s the crux of it.
He’s currently considering investing into another sporting venture, as I explained earlier the cobblers venture is one that needed taking on a few years back.
The current owners are the ones who could take the club forward if they had the finance in place.
As far as I know the club is not for sale.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #326 on: December 13, 2020, 17:26:02 pm »

Then why are they hesitating about the asking price?
The club isn’t for sale
There is no selling price.
If he’d have purchased the club it would have been five years back and we’d have had a posh stadium and a much better squad....
He didn’t for the reasons stated and it’s too late for the cobblers to be anything other than a league two club under the current circumstances (in fairness to DC he pointed out that the cobblers had no real future without a redevelopment)
He was actually correct there but we are talking ancient history when a 10,000 seater stadium would do.

I know it’s hard for others to grasp but football has moved on in the meantime and a much larger stadium is required to have hopes of maintaining a presence in the higher leagues.

In reality the owners would be better off scrapping the redevelopment and leaving it to future owners...
Anyway enough about hypothesises that won’t occur...

Let’s get the thread back on track .....

The clubs future under KC.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #327 on: December 13, 2020, 17:29:09 pm »

. How much is the richest person on the planet currently worth then and who is it?
Jeff Bezos. Amazon. 139 billion pounds. Dont get excited though.
He has a huge warehouse next to the M1 at Milton Keynes. Unlikely to be excited by us.
Now then, whilst we are talking complete bollox, whatever happened to Shaquille o`neal? Hes worth a few bob.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #328 on: December 13, 2020, 18:01:55 pm »

Max's problem is that he took over 2 clubs with a fan base of around 300 each. He thought, wrongly, that the Cobblers would go bust and that our fans would go to Artlenock for our football. If he had have put £30M into NTFC, with a potential fan base of 25000+, it would have been a success. Such a shame as he was a life long Cobblers fan until someone upset him.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 13, 2020, 18:26:03 pm »

Max's problem is that he took over 2 clubs with a fan base of around 300 each. He thought, wrongly, that the Cobblers would go bust and that our fans would go to Artlenock for our football. If he had have put £30M into NTFC, with a potential fan base of 25000+, it would have been a success. Such a shame as he was a life long Cobblers fan until someone upset him.  Sad
I have got a couple of issues with this. Namely £30 million, and 25000. Random figures I would suggest.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2020, 18:40:22 pm »

He has no need to buy the club and as discussed as a matter of principal he wouldn’t pay off debt incurred by previous incumbents.
That’s the crux of it.
He’s currently considering investing into another sporting venture, as I explained earlier the cobblers venture is one that needed taking on a few years back.
The current owners are the ones who could take the club forward if they had the finance in place.
As far as I know the club is not for sale.

No need to buy?! who needs to buy a football club? you've just ruled everyone out! So you are confirming he is a red herring? Why big him up? Are you auditioning for a remake of Bullseye, "let's look at what you could have won! Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2020, 18:43:12 pm »

I have got a couple of issues with this. Namely £30 million, and 25000. Random figures I would suggest.

Nene Park cost £30 mill. alone so I would suggest this figure is pretty accurate.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2020, 19:08:21 pm »

Jeff Bezos. Amazon. 139 billion pounds. Dont get excited though.
He has a huge warehouse next to the M1 at Milton Keynes. Unlikely to be excited by us.
Now then, whilst we are talking complete bollox, whatever happened to Shaquille o`neal? Hes worth a few bob.
Oh yeah that Amazon guy. About a seventh of a proper billion then. Thought someone might have a bit more in their back pocket than that.
Shoemakers mate sounds like he's got more than Shaq.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2020, 19:13:48 pm »

Both.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2020, 19:17:15 pm »

Got here to late. I knew of that distinction. Didnt a billion get watered down to a thousand million by the yanks the same way they have a knack of altering most things to siot their own and then us Brits since followed suit? Sure I learnt about a billion being a million squared when at school.
Quite surprised that no one individual can yet call himself a true billionaire (million x million) asset wise in this day and age. How much is the richest person on the planet currently worth then and who is it?
Not sure really, I only know because the kids were doing astronomy at school and the question came up about which billion was relevant regarding light years?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2020, 19:44:19 pm »

Back end of last season and then this season....

24 League games (since the Derby FA Cup Replay defeat)........7 wins......3 draws.....14 defeats......25 goals scored.....36 goals conceded

Just so this doesn't get derailed, this is why he should go. Form has been awful all year.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest3086

« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2020, 19:48:29 pm »

Just so this doesn't get derailed, this is why he should go. Form has been awful all year.

More to the point, how many of those games were worth watching? May I venture - 2!
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #337 on: December 13, 2020, 19:49:05 pm »

As SOG points out Nene Park cost £30M and we had a solid fan base of 15,000 in the mid 60's when the population of Northampton was only half of what it is today. Do you not think, if we were in the Championship and with the capacity we couldn't pull in 25,000? Northampton is bigger than Portsmouth, nearly twice the size of Norwich, Ipswich and Blackburn and nearly 3 times the size of Burnley
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 13, 2020, 20:11:06 pm »

Oh yeah that Amazon guy. About a seventh of a proper billion then. Thought someone might have a bit more in their back pocket than that.
Probably not. Google is your friend.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/people/57553/top-billionaires-who-richest-person-world
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2020, 20:11:17 pm »

Without being argumentative Dan I return to the same thing, change often results in a step backwards rather than forwards. To that end if it were me I would at least have clear indicators of what constitutes acceptable performance? For example, in your eyes what would equate to success in what time frame? Alternatively what would constitute failure, again in what time frame? Who in particular would you bring into the club as a replacement and how have they performed previously in comparison to the parameters you have set? This all might be a bit tedious, but as a club owner if you at least have some clear direction in your decision making you are less likely to suffer the very real financial impact, turmoil and significant consequences as a result of poor judgment? If we are honest and applied some reasonable measures to all this, I think anyone would be hard pushed to come up with a convincing case to dismiss Curle short of subjective opinion at best? For me that’s nowhere near worth the risk and cost?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: