The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:16:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51366 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2020, 10:02:04 am »

I really can’t see the point in all this.
KC is KTs man
He is under contract and the club can’t afford to compete at this level let alone pay off managers...
When the board have always stated that they need extra investment to compete at league one level how can anyone actually expect them to sack and pay off a manager and buy the quality needed to stay in this division.

Let’s be honest/realistic here
We know that the required quality of signings will not be purchased in January (we couldn’t afford them before the season started and lost out to other clubs)
KC is the yes man who tows the line.
His job will be safe because he does as is told and alternatives will be more expensive and expect a realistic budget to keep us up.
Keith will do as he is told and implement the peanuts + budget that is proving so successful at this level.

The blindingly obvious conclusion is that the club will stick with Keith even after relegation and we will be able to compete at our natural league two level.

It will remain this way until the club is taken over by, in the current owners own words those who can “take us to the next level”

Isn’t it a pity the extra investment couldn’t come from kelvins close friend and self confessed cobblers fan shaquille o neill
I find it funny at a time the board are clamouring for extra investment no one has asked kelvin if he has approached his multi millionaire friend to invest and join the board???

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2020, 10:04:41 am »

This thread was probably started when many thought we'd be cut adrift in the relegation zone by now. It hasn't quite transpired and we are just inconsistent with a style of football that isn't very pleasing on the eye. Plus he is on the back of a promotion which has to carry additional goodwill.
He'll get the sack eventually, our managers usually do but we're no where near that point at the moment. Whilst we are picking up wins we'll stay out of trouble.
Report Spam   Logged
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2020, 10:24:32 am »

[Maybe some of those who are calling for Curle to go are frustrated because they believe we can play a better more attractive type of football with the players we have AND achieve better results? I assume Curle sets us up to play the way we do because he believes this is our best shot at gaining points and staying in the division.
Me? I dont know, but I am frustrated he doesnt seem to allow the players to take it to the opposition a little more.
Holmes, Marshall, Adams, Rose, Chuk, Sowerby, Missilou, Watson, Harriman, Sheehan, Bolger, and Mills when fit, I think are all good enough to offer us an alternative playing style. Some of the others like Horsefall have also put in better performances recently. Curle seems like a likeable fella to me and deserves respect because of what he's done in the game but it's his tactics I think that many question.
You might argue  we have been 'unlucky' with bookings and sendings off recently, so that will limit options, but there is no doubt tonight is a big game.
/quote]

I agree with all this and you could add McWilliams to the list as well. I have said in conversation we are a second division team masquerading in the first and that we lack quality but analysis of the squad, in my opinion, means we could compete with midtable teams without resorting to the miserable defensive stuff that we have witnessed on far too many occasions this season.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2020, 10:56:07 am »

To lay my cards on the table right from the off, I'm still not in the "Curle Out" camp. That said....

He's properly starting to get on my wick, and the interview in the Chron yesterday sums it all up with his talk of evolution and identity. It's bluster and bullsh1t, designed to blow smoke up everyone's backside and make it seem like our current trevails are all just a part of his masterplan that the mere layman cannot hope to see, woeful shake of head, forgive them for they know not what they do...

I'm realistic in my hopes for this season. Finishing one place above the relegation zone would be a result.

I'm not a purest either. Long ball, physical stuff can be every bit as entertaining as nice, tippy tappy football. I really used to enjoy watching Atkin's much-derided brand of football.

I also understand that we're minnows in this league and if we are up against your Ipswichs, Sunderlands, Charltons, Pompeys and Hulls then we are going to be outgunned and will need to batten down the hatches at times.

Having said that, there is one unalienable truth - you are more likely to win a football match if you at least try and score a goal. We seem content to contain the opposition and hope to nick something from a set piece. Take Saturday as a prime example; nick an early goal from an admittedly very good set piece and then sit back. Not just sitting back a bit though, completely sitting back and inviting wave after wave of pressure. If we were playing one of the aformentioned big boys then OK, I get it, hang on to what you've got but, not being funny, we were playing Crewe. Yes, they are a decent side but they came up with us last year and going into the game were only 2 points above us in the table - we shouldn't be scared of them, for god's sake! Have a go! A nice footballing side like Crewe are the very ones our more direct and physical style is likely to upset, so once you've got a goal and they have to push on a bit more, have a bloody good go at them and try for a second!

Did we do that though? No. We rolled up into a ball like a timid hedgehog and let them give us a good shoeing. They were afforded all the space and time in the world while we cowered away and they were in their element. The winning goal may have taken a while to come but when it did it was certainly deserved.

We simply aren't good enough defensively to play like this. OK, it worked against Fleetwood the other week but there are plently of times already this year where it hasn't and on another day that Fleetwood game would have seen them take something from the game because we were at no point in charge of proceedings, it was just one desperate last ditch challenge or block after the other.

Want to play long ball stuff? Great. Want to play on the counter? Fine. Want to allow the other team lots of possession? OK, possession is one of the most overrated stats in the game, so why not. Want to nullify the opposition? Again, fine if you are actually going to do that, but that involves holding your shape and stopping them playing all over the park, not doing what we do: take up camp in our own half and hope to stop them scoring!

Come on Keith, show some guts - give it a go. Attack on occasion. Show that you have built a team with more about them than a good chin, because however good that chin is, if you land enough punches on it eventually even the toughest fighter is going down.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 16:04:29 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2020, 11:56:29 am »

I really can’t see the point in all this.
KC is KTs man
He is under contract and the club can’t afford to compete at this level let alone pay off managers...
When the board have always stated that they need extra investment to compete at league one level how can anyone actually expect them to sack and pay off a manager and buy the quality needed to stay in this division.

Let’s be honest/realistic here
We know that the required quality of signings will not be purchased in January (we couldn’t afford them before the season started and lost out to other clubs)
KC is the yes man who tows the line.
His job will be safe because he does as is told and alternatives will be more expensive and expect a realistic budget to keep us up.
Keith will do as he is told and implement the peanuts + budget that is proving so successful at this level.

The blindingly obvious conclusion is that the club will stick with Keith even after relegation and we will be able to compete at our natural league two level.

It will remain this way until the club is taken over by, in the current owners own words those who can “take us to the next level”

Isn’t it a pity the extra investment couldn’t come from kelvins close friend and self confessed cobblers fan shaquille o neill
I find it funny at a time the board are clamouring for extra investment no one has asked kelvin if he has approached his multi millionaire friend to invest and join the board???

I don't think we should worry. Because of our 'good housekeeping' we are in a better financial situation than others. At least 4 clubs will go bust and we'll stay up even though finishing bottom.  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2020, 12:03:14 pm »

To lay my cards on the table right from the off, I'm still not in the "Curle Out" camp. That said....

He's properly starting to get on my wick, and the interview in the Chron yesterday sums it all up with his talk of evolution and identity. It's bluster and bullsh1t, designed to blow smoke up everyone's backside and make it seem like our current trevails are all just a part of his masterplan that the meer layman cannot hope to see, woeful shake of head, forgive them for they know not what they do...

So I'm not the only one that thinks this then, even though Evers and his mates say so. His comments are more repetitive than the Tory party Brexit slogans were.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2020, 12:26:45 pm »

So I'm not the only one that thinks this then, even though Evers and his mates say so. His comments are more repetitive than the Tory party Brexit slogans were.

Sounds like your describing Shoey  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2020, 12:37:51 pm »

I don't think we should worry. Because of our 'good housekeeping' we are in a better financial situation than others. At least 4 clubs will go bust and we'll stay up even though finishing bottom.  Grin Grin Grin

Course we will
 Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #388 on: December 15, 2020, 14:01:00 pm »

Strange comments at least a few support your views! Who are these four clubs destined to go bust? You sound like a remainer?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #389 on: December 15, 2020, 15:02:59 pm »

He's properly starting to get on my wick, and the interview in the Chron yesterday sums it all up with his talk of evolution and identity. It's bluster and bullsh1t, designed to blow smoke up everyone's backside and make it seem like our current trevails are all just a part of his masterplan that the meer layman cannot hope to see, woeful shake of head, forgive them for they know not what they do...

I'm realistic in my hopes for this season. Finishing one place above the relegation zone would be a result.

I'm not a purest either. Long ball, physical stuff can be every bit as entertaining as nice, tippy tappy football. I really used to enjoy watching Atkin's much-derided brand of football.

I also understand that we're minnows in this league and if we are up against your Ipswichs, Sunderlands, Charltons, Pompeys and Hulls then we are going to be outgunned and will need to batten down the hatches at times.

Having said that, there is one unalienable truth - you are more likely to win a football match if you at least try and score a goal. We seem content to contain the opposition and hope to nick something from a set piece. Take Saturday as a prime example; nick an early goal from an admittedly very good set piece and then sit back. Not just sitting back a bit though, completely sitting back and inviting wave after wave of pressure. If we were playing one of the aformentioned big boys then OK, I get it, hang on to what you've got but, not being funny, we were playing Crewe. Yes, they are a decent side but they came up with us last year and going into the game were only 2 points above us in the table - we shouldn't be scared of them, for god's sake! Have a go! A nice footballing side like Crewe are the very ones our more direct and physical style is likely to upset, so once you've got a goal and they have to push on a bit more, have a bloody good go at them and try for a second!

Did we do that though? No. We rolled up into a ball like a timid hedgehog and let them give us a good shoeing. They were afforded all the space and time in the world while we cowered away and they were in their element. The winning goal may have taken a while to come but when it did it was certainly deserved.

We simply aren't good enough defensively to play like this. OK, it worked against Fleetwood the other week but there are plently of times already this year where it hasn't and on another day that Fleetwood game would have seen them take something from the game because we were at no point in charge of proceedings, it was just one desperate last ditch challenge or block after the other.

Want to play long ball stuff? Great. Want to play on the counter? Fine. Want to allow the other team lots of possession? OK, possession is one of the most overrated stats in the game, so why not. Want to nullify the opposition? Again, fine if you are actually going to do that, but that involves holding your shape and stopping them playing all over the park, not doing what we do: take up camp in our own half and hope to stop them scoring!

Come on Keith, show some guts - give it a go. Attack on occasion. Show that you have built a team with more about them than a good chin, because however good that chin is, if you land enough punches on it eventually even the toughest fighter is going down.

Very well put, in some recent games we have defended really well but if a defence is overworked it will eventually crack. We held out against Fleetwood but not against Crewe.
At times you have to counter attack to make the opponent stop and think, or, you need to keep possession for a while to relieve pressure. We are not good at either at the moment but need to learn, if we do we will all appreciate the defensive play more than we currently do.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #390 on: December 15, 2020, 15:15:59 pm »

Outstanding post BOTN. Whilst getting rid of Curle is nuts, currently he ain’t exactly the golden boy either?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 15, 2020, 16:14:44 pm »

Strange comments at least a few support your views! Who are these four clubs destined to go bust? You sound like a remainer?
To be clear Evers, my comment re repetitive language was directed at KC, not you old chap! Heaven forbid! Regarding the 4 clubs going bust, I don't think any will, but at the beginning of this season we were lead to believe that good housekeeping would save us and we would avoid the fate likely to affect a number of other clubs. That ain't happened yet, has it?

I'm a firm Brexiter by the way. Every few weeks in 1963, whilst doing A level Economics, I wrote essays on why we should not join the Common Market (even if the French let us), and why we should forge a trading alliance with Commonwealth Countries.

Onwards and upwards, let's hope for a good win tonight. Defending won't help much, they're all injured or suspended. So perhaps we'll win 6-5 and any talk of dismal football will be long forgotten.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #392 on: December 15, 2020, 16:43:45 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/curle-encourage-cobblers-play-more-front-foot-after-defending-too-deep-against-crewe-3068053
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #393 on: December 15, 2020, 17:54:45 pm »

We get pumped today and should leave..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 15, 2020, 18:17:29 pm »

Keep the faith with Keith
We can’t afford to sack him so let’s just lower our expectations

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #395 on: December 15, 2020, 20:38:21 pm »

WE WANT CURLE OUT SAY WE WANT CURL OUT....
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #396 on: December 15, 2020, 20:44:54 pm »

How did that work out then??  Front foot = no shots on target?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #397 on: December 15, 2020, 20:46:17 pm »

No doubt some on here will still want KC to stay!?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2020, 21:02:35 pm »

Players have given up playing for him  Smiley fu*k off Keith.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2020, 21:04:31 pm »

I want him to stay.
With KT in charge we will not get anyone better...
If we sack KC let’s see who would actually want the poisoned chalice...

Please be our new manager...
Ps we haven’t got any money for you to buy the players you need to keep us up....

Il get back to you....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: