The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 20:06:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 52275 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2020, 21:07:46 pm »

Anyone who wants him to stay isn’t a Cobblers fan.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2020, 21:08:30 pm »

Neither is anyone who moans!! We're all knackered!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #402 on: December 15, 2020, 21:12:34 pm »

Perhaps Mysterious if you think the manager is a clown you should change your name to Mysterious Clown.
This is the clown that turned the ship around 2 seasons ago after we had taken 7 points from the first 10 games. This is the clown that got us promoted last season. This is the clown that took us on a FA Cup run that brought in £750,000. This is the clown that spotted Charlie Goode, who could not hold down a place at Sc***horpe, and developed him into a player that we sold for £1 to £1.5 million. Don't you just love clowns?.  

Interested to know if your thoughts have changed at all?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #403 on: December 15, 2020, 21:18:23 pm »

I’m a fan Dan and I want him to stay

We are owned by owners who haven’t the financial clout to run us as a league one club.
They spend all their time bumbling on about a redevelopment that won’t be worth two bob when it’s done
8,000 seater stadium WOW
If they spent more money on the actual football club than constantly going on about their failed redevelopment that’d be a start.
Why not have a fans forum regards the football situation and their plans to improve things on the pitch

Sometimes I believe this redevelopment (or adding a couple of boxes and a couple of hundred seats) is actually a very convenient smoke stream that constantly deflects everything away from how they have got themselves millions of pounds in debt whilst being unable to sustain anything other than league two football

Bollox to the redevelopment it’s all utter tripe that goes on year after year after year.

Let’s forget that and ask what they are going to do about getting in the quality of player needed to build a league one team.
I don’t see a fans forum on the horizon if those sort of questions need answering.

KC is today’s fall guy
They’ll be plenty more after him
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 15, 2020, 21:19:38 pm »

He’s lying if he says they haven’t Mysterious.

Players have stopped playing for him which is one rare positive. Hopefully Sheehan and Holmes in charge on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2020, 21:24:38 pm »

Sorry in advance for the lecture but that sort of comment isn’t helpful Dan, don’t go down the dictatorial route of Beds and Random. Not if you want your opinions taken seriously? Debate is just that, a debate of different opinions. Otherwise this stops being a forum and becomes a glorified petition?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2020, 21:29:21 pm »

I disagree actually Melbourne. What’s not helpful is people defending the indefensible. We were fortunate to not get this result on Saturday and deservedly have received it today.

Our manager is 100% not good enough for League 1. The time is now to get rid of him and give us a chance of league 1 stability.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2020, 21:32:36 pm »

But apparently it would be financial suicide to get rid of him in the middle of a pandemic.......I think some are pinning their hopes on Bristol Rovers, Sunderland, Shrewsbury and Swindon all going bust...therefore we survive by default!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 15, 2020, 21:39:06 pm »

Grin Grin Grin

The only financial suicide in a pandemic is getting relegated. Sacking Curley will cost less than losing league 1 funding.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 15, 2020, 21:46:12 pm »

I disagree actually Melbourne. What’s not helpful is people defending the indefensible. We were fortunate to not get this result on Saturday and deservedly have received it today.

Our manager is 100% not good enough for League 1. The time is now to get rid of him and give us a chance of league 1 stability.
I agree KC is struggling but getting rid is not the option when the owners are already getting the club millions into debt....
Now fair enough if they wake up tomorrow and decide to pay off the debt they have built up whilst running the club.
That’s great and what they should be doing
There seems to be no sign of that happening though
All they will do by sacking KC is add to that debt that they have saddled the club with.
It’s alright saying that it’s debt that’s owed to us and not the club.
Show it then and write it off.

Otherwise when we next go into administration I think you’ll find some poor sod will be expected to write their debt off before buying the club...

I may be wrong but that’s another question that will be skirted around at the fans forum that won’t take place...,
Can you please write off the debt that has been built up under your stewardship
Yes or no....,

Like I say I’m not against KT sacking curle so long as he writes off the current debt rather than adding to it.

If KT expects someone to pay millions of pounds of debt to buy the club he is in cloud cuckoo land
He has accrued much of this debt by not backing managers financially and then sacking one after another causing more debt.
Did the Chinese takeover ever get sorted out ?
If so how?

I’m sorry but I’m only up for sacking KC if the debt slate is wiped clean
It’s just getting silly now and the debt against the club needs wiping clean before the next lot of debt is added to by sacking KC.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #410 on: December 15, 2020, 21:47:40 pm »

curle is clueless and his style of football is an embarrassment to this football club.
it was no better last season and we struck lucky over a couple of playoff matches . The rest of the season was dire .
We have played the worst football of all 92 clubs in the football league and listened to the man’s pseudo philosophies for too long .
i don’t like his arrogance , i don’t like his football and i don’t want him at this club any longer .
Time to move on and do it before Christmas .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #411 on: December 15, 2020, 22:00:02 pm »

curle is clueless and his style of football is an embarrassment to this football club.
it was no better last season and we struck lucky over a couple of playoff matches . The rest of the season was dire .
We have played the worst football of all 92 clubs in the football league and listened to the man’s pseudo philosophies for too long .
i don’t like his arrogance , i don’t like his football and i don’t want him at this club any longer .
Time to move on and do it before Christmas .
+1
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 15, 2020, 22:01:06 pm »

You have to ask what hope/expectation/proof is there that he is capable of turning things around? What green shoots are there that we can cling to in the hope that we will eventually blossom?

For me, 116 games into your managerial reign is a tad too late to still be talking of "building something" and "creating an identity"
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 15, 2020, 22:02:55 pm »

You have to ask what hope/expectation/proof is there that he is capable of turning things around? What green shoots are there that we can cling to in the hope that we will eventually blossom?

For me, 116 games into your managerial reign is a tad too late to still be talking of "building something" and "creating an identity"
I think that is a valid point
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 15, 2020, 22:07:21 pm »

I’m a fan Dan and I want him to stay

We are owned by owners who haven’t the financial clout to run us as a league one club.
They spend all their time bumbling on about a redevelopment that won’t be worth two bob when it’s done
8,000 seater stadium WOW
If they spent more money on the actual football club than constantly going on about their failed redevelopment that’d be a start.
Why not have a fans forum regards the football situation and their plans to improve things on the pitch

Sometimes I believe this redevelopment (or adding a couple of boxes and a couple of hundred seats) is actually a very convenient smoke stream that constantly deflects everything away from how they have got themselves millions of pounds in debt whilst being unable to sustain anything other than league two football

Bollox to the redevelopment it’s all utter tripe that goes on year after year after year.

Let’s forget that and ask what they are going to do about getting in the quality of player needed to build a league one team.
I don’t see a fans forum on the horizon if those sort of questions need answering.

KC is today’s fall guy
They’ll be plenty more after him

You may be surprised mate but I agree with plenty you have said here and across other posts. Our owners silence is one of the things I hate the most about the club these days. He’s clearly not interested which is desperately disappointing. I was at his first public appearance in Jan 2016 and he sold a very positive dream that day. Sadly we aren’t close to that dream materialising.

GrangePark has also made a fantastic point and that is that KC cannot be allowed to spout this bo**ocks about an identity. You’ve created that you imbecile and that is the worst football in the 92.
Report Spam   Logged

the grumpy old man

View Profile
Signature 1000 Posts Combination
« Reply #415 on: December 15, 2020, 22:11:02 pm »

Unless I am missing something I cannot see any post match reaction from KC.

Maybe it's for the best.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 15, 2020, 22:18:05 pm »

Identity
DNA
Responsibility
Blah blah blah

Just throw a hand grenade in Keith

I wanted to bring some decent players into the club but wasn’t allowed even though they’d been in to have talks.....

Why not Keith
Go down in a blaze of glory...

Or will you have to sign a confidentiality clause in order to get your payoff  Shocked  Wink  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #417 on: December 15, 2020, 22:20:17 pm »

That’s me done then - wasted 50 years of my life, spent £Ks on season tickets, given my self an emotional roller coaster every weekend and Dan says I’m not a fan. Fcuk!

Let’s face it NTFC are a 4th division side with a 4th division manager, a 4th division owner, a 4th division ground and a set of 4th division players. Oh, and a set of 4th division supporters as well - us!
Sure, we (more accurately the town/ catchment area) have potential but that’s worth bugger all in the grand scheme of things.

Given all the above, maybe we should just relax and enjoy our brief dalliances with moderate levels of success (getting to the 3rd division for a bit!) and wait for a saviour or a fanatical investor to come along and give us a sustained period of success? Meantime I’m happy to watch my team, cheer them when they win / work their socks off, build myself back up when they disappoint. But, as Dan points out ... I’m not a fan so what the fcuk!

Blue touch paper lit.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
guest168

« Reply #418 on: December 15, 2020, 22:32:16 pm »

KT was 'handed' another opportunity to build NTFC via playoffs, strengthened by the £1m ? selling of a centre-back

Sorry but I can't believe that KC, how ever bad he is, thought that this team would have any chance of staying in L1.

Horsfield is the WORST centre half I have ever seen in an NTFC, he doesn't even have the excuse of being old or overweight.

GK's are both useless, their footwork is absolutely diabolical

A team with Hoskins as the talisman, well  .........

Smith upfront, what a joke

However who in the whole club is any much better?  

Last season KC / KT talked about plans, leaders, really clever planning etc etc. All a pile of crap, simply we benefited from other clubs having to play actual football after a long layoff with little preparation, although we had a good spine of CBs, CM, and ST's and booted it up the pitch.

If it's KC out then surely KT can't be far behind ??  

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 15, 2020, 22:35:10 pm »

KT was 'handed' another opportunity to build NTFC via playoffs, strengthened by the £1m ? selling of a centre-back

Sorry but I can't believe that KC, how ever bad he is, thought that this team would have any chance of staying in L1.

Horsfield is the WORST centre half I have ever seen in an NTFC, he doesn't even have the excuse of being old or overweight.

GK's are both useless, their footwork is absolutely diabolical

A team with Hoskins as the talisman, well  .........

Smith upfront, what a joke

However who in the whole club is any much better?  

Last season KC / KT talked about plans, leaders, really clever planning etc etc. All a pile of crap, simply we benefited from other clubs having to play actual football after a long layoff with little preparation, although we had a good spine of CBs, CM, and ST's and booted it up the pitch.

If it's KC out then surely KT can't be far behind ??  

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: