The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:19:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51388 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #420 on: December 15, 2020, 22:37:26 pm »

Let’s face it NTFC are a 4th division side with a 4th division manager, a 4th division owner, a 4th division ground and a set of 4th division players. Oh, and a set of 4th division supporters as well - us!

A truer word never ever spoke on this forum. Sorry but I do think the supporters are included too because most are very happy to accept and justify the rest of the statement.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #421 on: December 15, 2020, 22:38:46 pm »

It’s fair to say that KC knew this team wasn’t good enough.
He had plenty of decent players in for talks but wasn’t given the backing to sign these targets.
Whose fault is that???

If KC is out of his depth as a league one manager then KT is out of his depth as a league one chairman.
One will go and we will be lumbered with the other.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #422 on: December 15, 2020, 22:42:28 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/december/9_2021_a_reaction/

Ramblings of a desperate man......

We’ve heard it all before Keith.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #423 on: December 15, 2020, 22:44:02 pm »

A truer word never ever spoke on this forum. Sorry but I do think the supporters are included too because most are very happy to accept and justify the rest of the statement.

Many of these fans have supported this club through years of 3rd and 4th division struggles, that makes them Premier League supporters in my eyes.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #424 on: December 15, 2020, 22:46:40 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/december/9_2021_a_reaction/

Ramblings of a desperate man......

We’ve heard it all before Keith.

The words are ok but we need to see some changes on the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #425 on: December 15, 2020, 22:48:49 pm »

That’s me done then - wasted 50 years of my life, spent £Ks on season tickets, given my self an emotional roller coaster every weekend and Dan says I’m not a fan. Fcuk!

Let’s face it NTFC are a 4th division side with a 4th division manager, a 4th division owner, a 4th division ground and a set of 4th division players. Oh, and a set of 4th division supporters as well - us!
Sure, we (more accurately the town/ catchment area) have potential but that’s worth bugger all in the grand scheme of things.

Given all the above, maybe we should just relax and enjoy our brief dalliances with moderate levels of success (getting to the 3rd division for a bit!) and wait for a saviour or a fanatical investor to come along and give us a sustained period of success? Meantime I’m happy to watch my team, cheer them when they win / work their socks off, build myself back up when they disappoint. But, as Dan points out ... I’m not a fan so what the fcuk!

Blue touch paper lit.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate, I don’t agree but it doesn’t make you not a fan.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 15, 2020, 22:48:56 pm »

Fine words butter no parsnips
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #427 on: December 15, 2020, 22:55:39 pm »

I disagree actually Melbourne. What’s not helpful is people defending the indefensible. We were fortunate to not get this result on Saturday and deservedly have received it today.

Our manager is 100% not good enough for League 1. The time is now to get rid of him and give us a chance of league 1 stability.
I think you need to understand that what gets said on here won’t influence squat Dan. Whether he goes or stays will not be “helped” by either of us? Not so long ago we had an issue with Hasselbaink and replaced him with a more attacking minded manager in the form of Austin? Turned out to be a waste of time and crucially money? If you are to change managers then the vital aspect is who comes next, why and are they available? Other wise you swap the squad from horse sh1t to dog sh1t, accelerate the downward spiral and blow any remaining budget you have? To be fair I gave you an opportunity to voice your opinion on the benchmarks for success and more importantly the criteria for bringing in a new bloke? You choose to ignore all that and accuse anyone who doesn’t agree with you of not being a supporter in some childish foot stamping attempt to suppress opinion? This kind of wool headed thinking is what has done for the likes of Bury and all the others that are on the brink? Therefore it could be argued that this boom and bust, hire and fire em, sh1t for brains thinking without care and consideration for consequence is not the mentality of “real” supporters? Rather it’s the mentality of confused glory hunters who have backed the wrong horse in their quest to have the biggest pair of b0ll0cks in the football supporters club? That’s not true either though is it? People with all sorts of opinion have stood on the Hotel End or West Stand (I won’t say East) come rain or shine? That entitles them to a voice and opinion, it might differ to mine and might cause us to have a right old debate about it on here and elsewhere? The fact that just because their opinion differs to mine will never make me accuse them of not being a supporter. The very fact that they spend hours on here arguing and fretting about our future indicates that they deeply care about the future of the club? As do you and I Dan, we just come at it from different angles? So say I am not a supporter if you wish Dan, but you won’t catch me levelling that accusation at you anytime soon. Just take this into consideration?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 22:59:13 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #428 on: December 15, 2020, 22:56:20 pm »

Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate, I don’t agree but it doesn’t make you not a fan.

Thanks Manny. With my fan status reinstated I can climb into my Cobblers jimjams and go to bed. Tomorrow, as they say, is another day!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #429 on: December 15, 2020, 22:58:51 pm »

I think you need to understand that what gets said on here won’t influence squat Dan. Whether he goes or stays will not be “helped” by either of us? Not so long ago we had an issue with Hasselbaink and replaced him with a more attacking minded manager in the form of Austin? Turned out to be a waste of time and crucially money? If you are to change managers then the vital aspect is who comes next, why and are they available? Other wise you swap the squad from horse sh1t to dog sh1t, accelerate the downward spiral and blow any remaining budget you have? To be fair I gave you an opportunity to voice your opinion on the benchmarks for success and more importantly the criteria for bringing in a new bloke? You choose to ignore all that and accuse anyone who doesn’t agree with you of not being a supporter in some childish foot stamping attempt to suppress opinion? This kind of wool headed thinking is what has done for the likes of Bury and all the others that are on the brink? Therefore it could be argued that this boom and bust, hire and fire em, sh1t for brains thinking without care and consideration for consequence is not the mentality of “real” supporters? Rather it’s the mentality of confused glory hunters who have backed the wrong horse in their quest to have the biggest pair of b0ll0cks in the football supporters club? That’s not true either though is it? People with all sorts of opinion have stood on the Hotel End or West Stand (I won’t say East) come rain or shine? That entitles them to a voice and opinion, it might differ to mine and might cause us to have a right old debate about it on here and elsewhere? The fact that justbbecause their opinion differs to mine will never make me accuse them of not being a supporter. The very fact that they spend hours on here arguing and fretting about our future indicates that they deeply care about the future of the club? As do you and I Dan, we just come at it from different angles? So say I am not a supporter if you wish Dan, but you won’t catch me levelling that accusation at you anytime soon. Just take this into consideration?

+1 (but with more paragraph breaks!)
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 15, 2020, 23:00:41 pm »

Thanks Manny. With my fan status reinstated I can climb into my Cobblers jimjams and go to bed. Tomorrow, as they say, is another day!
Sleep well and for fcuk sake don’t think about tonight’s match 😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 16, 2020, 00:01:44 am »

Anyone who wants him to stay isn’t a Cobblers fan.

Really low comment this. Some people on here have spent years and thousands in money supporting the club over the years and because they have a different opinion to you they’re not a fan? Have a bit more decorum and respect.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #432 on: December 16, 2020, 05:43:49 am »

Folk go on about not replacing the manager because it achieves nothing. Au contraire, it is part of the game, that is why managers have been hired and fired since the game began. They are given a lot of responsibility and in return have to deliver. Be it Arteta at the Arse or Curle at the Cobbs. A new manager brings new ways, ideas and methods. This side is done, it needs that input. There has to be hope, once the trust is lost, you cannot perservere or the fans will fade away. The club will always maintain a group of so many but those around the periphery who represent growth will not follow a bunch of lifeless losers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #433 on: December 16, 2020, 05:58:26 am »

curle questioning the mentality of his players post match.
Maybe so Keith but you brought those players in and put so much emphasis on their mental strength and hunger.
You are the one trying to build a DNA and culture within the club which appears to have progressed very little .
You are the one that stated after the last game that your teams take time to develop into passing footballing teams , but 116 games in your teams play the most negative , uncultured football imaginable .
You are the one that hasn’t managed to bring in a decent centre half this season and both goalkeepers look below standard.
Time to stop the pseudo rhetoric and man up to your responsibilities
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #434 on: December 16, 2020, 06:12:01 am »

curle questioning the mentality of his players post match.
Maybe so Keith but you brought those players in and put so much emphasis on their mental strength and hunger.
You are the one trying to build a DNA and culture within the club which appears to have progressed very little .
You are the one that stated after the last game that your teams take time to develop into passing footballing teams , but 116 games in your teams play the most negative , uncultured football imaginable .
You are the one that hasn’t managed to bring in a decent centre half this season and both goalkeepers look below standard.
Time to stop the pseudo rhetoric and man up to your responsibilities

Agreed. His comments last night were mind numbing.

The guy doesn’t have a clue. He was right that there was no fight, but that’s been the case for a fair few games this season. Couple that with zero ability and creativity and we have the worst squad I’ve seen in a long time.

He also still fails to mention the complete dross style of play he serves up. 10 behind the ball, lump up to Smith and hope for a throw in or corner at best.

No hiding behind the absences. 3 maybe 2 of the players out last night would have started. The fans have been screaming about the lack of defensive cover and attacking threat even before KC announced it’s a buyers market and there are plenty of good free agents out there...!

Get the clown out.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #435 on: December 16, 2020, 06:14:05 am »

It’s fair to say that KC knew this team wasn’t good enough.
He had plenty of decent players in for talks but wasn’t given the backing to sign these targets.
Whose fault is that???

If KC is out of his depth as a league one manager then KT is out of his depth as a league one chairman.
One will go and we will be lumbered with the other.

Disagree.

It’s public knowledge he has under spent his budget. He has focused on trying to be clever by having great housekeeping!
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #436 on: December 16, 2020, 06:16:20 am »

Agree with Random, good summary of the issues.

In addition by attacking the players Curle is hoping to deflect attention from himself, he is part of the problem,  he reminds me of Boothroyd in his arrogance.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #437 on: December 16, 2020, 06:24:27 am »

Let's ride out the COVID-19 crisis, if we are still operating as a football club and able to once again watch Professional League football I'm not too fussed about which division we are in.
We are not sufficiently flushed in the financial department to sack our current manager,.  He wasn't allowed to sign the players he had targeted after our surprise promotion, because of the limited funding available which was tailored based on the lack of prospective income during the crisis.  
How much of last season's (2019-20) buying plan was based on staying another season in the Fourth Division? Our promotion was not necessarily part of and probably put a spanner into the works of that 'long term' plan?
Any new manager will have the same financial constraints placed on him and will be demanding more to replace the current squad to make it 'his own' squad.
KC is a good manager and like any other manager, if given the opportunity to sign the right players, will be able to play/maintain the level 'expected'.  
Sacking our manager at this time is not the answer, I would also argue that it's not necessarily the correct question.  Maintaining a Professional League football team is the answer.  We have the safety net of the Fourth Division in order to give us a better chance of surviving, there are clubs in the Fourth who do not have that safety net.

I don't have to justify or prove to anyone my credentials for being a Cobblers fan.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 16, 2020, 07:02:27 am »

Let's ride out the COVID-19 crisis, if we are still operating as a football club and able to once again watch Professional League football I'm not too fussed about which division we are in.
We are not sufficiently flushed in the financial department to sack our current manager,.  He wasn't allowed to sign the players he had targeted after our surprise promotion, because of the limited funding available which was tailored based on the lack of prospective income during the crisis.  
How much of last season's (2019-20) buying plan was based on staying another season in the Fourth Division? Our promotion was not necessarily part of and probably put a spanner into the works of that 'long term' plan?
Any new manager will have the same financial constraints placed on him and will be demanding more to replace the current squad to make it 'his own' squad.
KC is a good manager and like any other manager, if given the opportunity to sign the right players, will be able to play/maintain the level 'expected'.  
Sacking our manager at this time is not the answer, I would also argue that it's not necessarily the correct question.  Maintaining a Professional League football team is the answer.  We have the safety net of the Fourth Division in order to give us a better chance of surviving, there are clubs in the Fourth who do not have that safety net.

I don't have to justify or prove to anyone my credentials for being a Cobblers fan.
I total respect your view mate, I just think it’s gone a bit too far for Curle, it looked last night he’d lost the dressing room couple that with Holmes outburst and I think the players hate playing this way as well as the fans hate watching it.
There is absolutely no pace in the side, which for a counter attacking team is a bit of a problem.
I am in two minds as to watch on Saturday, Lincoln are a far better team than Oxford, who don’t forget we’re below us in the table before last night.
BUT Curle has an uncanny nack of pulling out results when he needs them so who knows.
Another heavy defeat and it will turn ugly.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #439 on: December 16, 2020, 07:07:08 am »

I total respect your view mate, I just think it’s gone a bit too far for Curle, it looked last night he’d lost the dressing room couple that with Holmes outburst and I think the players hate playing this way as well as the fans hate watching it.
There is absolutely no pace in the side, which for a counter attacking team is a bit of a problem.
I am in two minds as to watch on Saturday, Lincoln are a far better team than Oxford, who don’t forget we’re below us in the table before last night.
BUT Curle has an uncanny nack of pulling out results when he needs them so who knows.
Another heavy defeat and it will turn ugly.

I can see and respect both sides of the argument but that's the way I'm going with mine.
Maybe I'm fortunate though, that I'm not watching the games.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: