The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:36:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51369 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #440 on: December 16, 2020, 07:22:52 am »

I tell you what last nights “entertainment “ was hard viewing and did nothing for my blood pressure 😀
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #441 on: December 16, 2020, 07:25:10 am »

Disagree.

It’s public knowledge he has under spent his budget. He has focused on trying to be clever by having great housekeeping!
Oh that’s great news
We can expect a big transfer window in January with all this left over cash that KC didn’t spend.
I’ve cheered up no end now
I can see a couple of ex championship defenders , a captain and leader who has been there and done it at the heart of midfield and a couple of league one standard strikers being signed.

Good old kelvin I knew he wouldn’t let us down Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Get back to me at the end of January when the cheap youth team players with no experience and a couple of loans have turned up.

You can’t beat building for the future with a solid foundation.

KC may go but the tide is turning regards KT
Another piss poor excuse for a transfer window along with his dreams of a two bob 8,000 seater stadium un- redevelopment and he will have cooked his own goose.
He will have lost the fans which may not concern him too much but he will also lose their money going forward and that always seems to concentrate the mind.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #442 on: December 16, 2020, 07:36:51 am »

Anyone pinning the blame on KT for this mess needs to rethink .
Curle by his own admission had a healthy enough budget to work with but refused to get drawn by certain players .
We also have a comparative or better budget than some teams that have played us off the park this season.
Furthermore , it may have gone unnoticed but there is a pandemic on which has resulted in extreme prudence and quite rightly so .
KT is not responsible for the complete and utter garbage football served up week after week - give it a rest .
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #443 on: December 16, 2020, 07:44:22 am »

Curle by his own admission had a healthy enough budget to work with but refused to get drawn by certain players .
We also have a comparative or better budget than some teams that have played us off the park this season.
Furthermore , it may have gone unnoticed but there is a pandemic on which has resulted in extreme prudence and quite rightly so .
KT is not responsible for the complete and utter garbage football served up week after week - give it a rest .

This....although it would be nice to hear from KT as his last meaningful communication was back in September I believe
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 16, 2020, 08:00:49 am »

This....although it would be nice to hear from KT as his last meaningful communication was back in September I believe
Now let’s take the DC missing millions out of the equation as the debts have been wiped out thanks to the council
Exactly what has KT done to improve us on the pitch that was any better than his predecessor?
As far as I can see all he has done is saddle the club with a massive debt that has yet to be wiped out in much the same way his predecessor did.
The only difference is that KT hasn’t shafted the council and the tax payers out of £10 million which still hasn’t been recovered.
What has KT achieved regards the doing up of the east stand that DC didn’t manage?

I’m all for KT attempting to make a profit as I’ve stated many times but he’s nowhere near achieving this and in reality has achieved nothing more than DC.
There comes a time when enough enough and you doubt anything will improve
That’s where I am at the moment.
At least DC turned up in the broom cupboard now and again
KT hasn’t been heard of since the start of the season and isn’t even in the country nowadays.

Is that not a fair comment?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #445 on: December 16, 2020, 08:05:50 am »

Fair comment and hard to argue with much of it.

I would guess/hope that due to his Oxford connections KT did at least watch last nights "show"....... I wonder what he made of it?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #446 on: December 16, 2020, 08:23:59 am »

Fair comment and hard to argue with much of it.

I would guess/hope that due to his Oxford connections KT did at least watch last nights "show"....... I wonder what he made of it?
Let’s not kid ourselves KT couldn’t give two hoots about NTFC, that’s obvious, we’ve heard from him once in 6 months moaning that the council won’t give him the keys to the land deal.
He’s racked up £5+m debt that he can cream off the top of any land profit to break even.
What I don’t like about him is the supercilious way he talks down to people as if we’re all fcuking stupid.
The guy has an ego the size of Florida BUT to absolve him from any responsibility is wrong he is the man in charge, the buck stops at his door.
I get he doesn’t pick the team or the style of play but he does get to choose who does and on that score he ain’t doing so well.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #447 on: December 16, 2020, 08:24:39 am »

Exactly this. Not sure where Shoemaker is coming from with his anti KT agenda.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #448 on: December 16, 2020, 08:37:14 am »

Oh that’s great news
We can expect a big transfer window in January with all this left over cash that KC didn’t spend.
I’ve cheered up no end now
I can see a couple of ex championship defenders , a captain and leader who has been there and done it at the heart of midfield and a couple of league one standard strikers being signed.

Good old kelvin I knew he wouldn’t let us down Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Get back to me at the end of January when the cheap youth team players with no experience and a couple of loans have turned up.

You can’t beat building for the future with a solid foundation.

KC may go but the tide is turning regards KT
Another **** poor excuse for a transfer window along with his dreams of a two bob 8,000 seater stadium un- redevelopment and he will have cooked his own goose.
He will have lost the fans which may not concern him too much but he will also lose their money going forward and that always seems to concentrate the mind.

To put it in layman's terms, I'll even make it festive for you...

It's like me giving you £40 to go and buy a Christmas turkey to feed 10 people. You think you're clever and decide to spend £20 on a 6 person turkey and save the rest for a bit of housekeeping. Christmas day comes and everyone goes hungry as there isn't enough turkey.

Strangely you think it would be my fault, whereas the majority think it's yours.

Your argument is essentially that I should have given you more than £40 which would have given us a bigger turkey than needed, doesn't really make sense to me?

Swap turkey for player costs.
Swap people for competitive league 1 budget.

Bingo.

That not even mentioning the £ you pissed up the wall buying nut roasts and all that vegan s***e.

Swap nut roasts and vegan s***e for Seal, Horsfall, Korboa, Mitchell etc..
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #449 on: December 16, 2020, 08:38:13 am »

Let's ride out the COVID-19 crisis, if we are still operating as a football club and able to once again watch Professional League football I'm not too fussed about which division we are in.
We are not sufficiently flushed in the financial department to sack our current manager,.  He wasn't allowed to sign the players he had targeted after our surprise promotion, because of the limited funding available which was tailored based on the lack of prospective income during the crisis.  
How much of last season's (2019-20) buying plan was based on staying another season in the Fourth Division? Our promotion was not necessarily part of and probably put a spanner into the works of that 'long term' plan?
Any new manager will have the same financial constraints placed on him and will be demanding more to replace the current squad to make it 'his own' squad.
KC is a good manager and like any other manager, if given the opportunity to sign the right players, will be able to play/maintain the level 'expected'.  
Sacking our manager at this time is not the answer, I would also argue that it's not necessarily the correct question.  Maintaining a Professional League football team is the answer.  We have the safety net of the Fourth Division in order to give us a better chance of surviving, there are clubs in the Fourth who do not have that safety net.

I don't have to justify or prove to anyone my credentials for being a Cobblers fan.

I get what you are saying and I'm quite conflicted. I've very much been of the same opinion, but it's getting harder and harder to keep an objective level head on matters when you are watching the matches.

Not having a dig at all, but as you point out you haven't been watching the games and I think that's the difference because if you are only seeing the results and the table then it might be easy to say "well, that's about what you'd expect". It's not just the results though, if you see the state of the performances they are so bad and seemingly getting worse by the game. We're on a slippery slope and if the current trajectory continues we are going to become the whipping boys of the league.

Like you say, survival as a club has to be the priority and we do have the safety net of League 2 below us, but if we do end up getting relegated (and make no mistake, we are very much in a relegation dogfight already) then I'd rather we went down fighting between now and the end of the season than see another set of woeful, lazy, prideless capitulations like we saw last night.

If Curle can deliver that, throw caution to the wind and give it a real go then fine, let him get on with it. If he can't bring himself to do that then I'm starting to think he ought to go.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3338

« Reply #450 on: December 16, 2020, 08:50:29 am »

It's like me giving you £40 to go and buy a Christmas turkey to feed 10 people. You think you're clever and decide to spend £20 on a 6 person turkey and save the rest for a bit of housekeeping. Christmas day comes and everyone goes hungry as there isn't enough turkey.

Strangely you think it would be my fault, whereas the majority think it's yours.

Your argument is essentially that I should have given you more than £40 which would have given us a bigger turkey than needed, doesn't really make sense to me?

Bingo.

That not even mentioning the £ you pissed up the wall buying nut roasts and all that vegan s***e.

That would be the picture if you believe what you have been told.
I think Shoemaker is suggesting it's not quite as transparent as that and that KC has become a bit of a patsy for KT. signing confidentiality agreements which prevent him from telling the full budgetary story.
Who knows, stranger things have happened.
I know if I was KT and was watching the crap served up atm I wouldnt be happy that my manager was sitting on the funds given to him instead of spending them.
Perhaps KC will get binned by KT for being to prudent. Wouldn't that be a thing?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #451 on: December 16, 2020, 09:04:32 am »

Bingo.

Interesting post and didn’t think you had it in you! So well done and look fwd to similar comments🙏👍
Bit hard on Mitchell😹
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 16, 2020, 09:27:16 am »

I think you need to understand that what gets said on here won’t influence squat Dan. Whether he goes or stays will not be “helped” by either of us? Not so long ago we had an issue with Hasselbaink and replaced him with a more attacking minded manager in the form of Austin? Turned out to be a waste of time and crucially money? If you are to change managers then the vital aspect is who comes next, why and are they available? Other wise you swap the squad from horse sh1t to dog sh1t, accelerate the downward spiral and blow any remaining budget you have? To be fair I gave you an opportunity to voice your opinion on the benchmarks for success and more importantly the criteria for bringing in a new bloke? You choose to ignore all that and accuse anyone who doesn’t agree with you of not being a supporter in some childish foot stamping attempt to suppress opinion? This kind of wool headed thinking is what has done for the likes of Bury and all the others that are on the brink? Therefore it could be argued that this boom and bust, hire and fire em, sh1t for brains thinking without care and consideration for consequence is not the mentality of “real” supporters? Rather it’s the mentality of confused glory hunters who have backed the wrong horse in their quest to have the biggest pair of b0ll0cks in the football supporters club? That’s not true either though is it? People with all sorts of opinion have stood on the Hotel End or West Stand (I won’t say East) come rain or shine? That entitles them to a voice and opinion, it might differ to mine and might cause us to have a right old debate about it on here and elsewhere? The fact that just because their opinion differs to mine will never make me accuse them of not being a supporter. The very fact that they spend hours on here arguing and fretting about our future indicates that they deeply care about the future of the club? As do you and I Dan, we just come at it from different angles? So say I am not a supporter if you wish Dan, but you won’t catch me levelling that accusation at you anytime soon. Just take this into consideration?

Great reading and would have thought that Uncle Dan would have got a big Ouch! Dan has been a great fan and spent many matches as a focal point for rallying the ‘troops’ at games! Can remember two old Ladies joining in the chanting/clapping. It’s a complete mystery to me why he has allowed himself to be overwhelmed by personal feelings. Now is the time for him to take up the challenge to rally demoralised fans - won’t be easy!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 16, 2020, 09:29:26 am »

Let's ride out the COVID-19 crisis, if we are still operating as a football club and able to once again watch Professional League football I'm not too fussed about which division we are in.
We are not sufficiently flushed in the financial department to sack our current manager,.  He wasn't allowed to sign the players he had targeted after our surprise promotion, because of the limited funding available which was tailored based on the lack of prospective income during the crisis.  
How much of last season's (2019-20) buying plan was based on staying another season in the Fourth Division? Our promotion was not necessarily part of and probably put a spanner into the works of that 'long term' plan?
Any new manager will have the same financial constraints placed on him and will be demanding more to replace the current squad to make it 'his own' squad.
KC is a good manager and like any other manager, if given the opportunity to sign the right players, will be able to play/maintain the level 'expected'.  
Sacking our manager at this time is not the answer, I would also argue that it's not necessarily the correct question.  Maintaining a Professional League football team is the answer.  We have the safety net of the Fourth Division in order to give us a better chance of surviving, there are clubs in the Fourth who do not have that safety net.

I don't have to justify or prove to anyone my credentials for being a Cobblers fan.

Another great read and very plausible too. Congrats 👍
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 16, 2020, 09:45:26 am »

Folk go on about not replacing the manager because it achieves nothing. Au contraire, it is part of the game, that is why managers have been hired and fired since the game began. They are given a lot of responsibility and in return have to deliver. Be it Arteta at the Arse or Curle at the Cobbs. A new manager brings new ways, ideas and methods. This side is done, it needs that input. There has to be hope, once the trust is lost, you cannot perservere or the fans will fade away. The club will always maintain a group of so many but those around the periphery who represent growth will not follow a bunch of lifeless losers.

Club is looking for suitable person to host the Players Christmas party. It might be you Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #455 on: December 16, 2020, 10:11:32 am »

Sammo as interim manager through to the end of the season. You heard it here first! (because I just made it up Grin)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #456 on: December 16, 2020, 10:15:47 am »

I hear all this "We can't afford to sack KC", OK don't sack him, just swap him and Jon Brady. It might knacker the U18's this season but the 1st team would stand a chance of staying up.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2020, 10:39:09 am »

the point is , anything and i mean anything is better than the football we are playing .
Change the manager from within so it doesn’t cost anything . Nothing could be worst .
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 16, 2020, 10:56:16 am »

That would be the picture if you believe what you have been told.
I think Shoemaker is suggesting it's not quite as transparent as that and that KC has become a bit of a patsy for KT. signing confidentiality agreements which prevent him from telling the full budgetary story.
Who knows, stranger things have happened.
I know if I was KT and was watching the crap served up atm I wouldnt be happy that my manager was sitting on the funds given to him instead of spending them.
Perhaps KC will get binned by KT for being to prudent. Wouldn't that be a thing?
I have no idea if their are confidentiality clauses in Keith’s contract but it’s common practice to insert one when paying someone off so that they can’t come out and tell things that went on during their time at a club.
Managers are overjoyed to agree to this as long as they get the all important cash.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 16, 2020, 11:04:02 am »

Exactly this. Not sure where Shoemaker is coming from with his anti KT agenda.
[/quote
I’ve no anti KT agenda and have said many times that I’m happy for him to try and turn a profit.
The fact is I feel he has achieved no more than his predecessor in advancing us on or off the pitch.
He has been here long enough and accrued enough debt with nothing to show for it other than a sub standard team and a ground that is in no better condition than the day he got here....

There has to be a time limit as regards his tenure when there is absolutely no progress on or off the pitch.

Are fans expected to accept the club stagnating and in limbo under him for an unspecified amount of time because correct me if I’m wrong another year has passed,nobody has any idea when any work on our state of the art 8,000 capacity ground will start and anyone of sound mind can see the council will not budge until money is spent on tarting the ground up.

Is that not where we are in reality?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: