The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 17:24:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 52269 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #480 on: December 18, 2020, 11:32:36 am »

I must admit I fully expect us to go down without making any effort to stay up

Well you would! As with the Trust you had significant issues and left. Now you on here big time with your persistent negativity. You will be disappointed to be proved wrong?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #481 on: December 18, 2020, 11:45:08 am »

Well you would! As with the Trust you had significant issues and left. Now you on here big time with your persistent negativity. You will be disappointed to be proved wrong?
Let’s see where we are when the window closes.
We all agree this team is desperately short of quality in all areas that it will take a lot of money to try and keep us up.
Il believe it when I see it.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 18, 2020, 11:51:52 am »

He sounds like David Brent.

Under the circumstances I thought the interview was typical of a manager under some pressure. By the end he appeared to be resolute and determined. The amount of time you take to express your personal dislike of the current manager is extraordinary. Does he owe you money or similar? You never offer a constructive comment on how we get out of the current poor form.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 18, 2020, 12:11:23 pm »

Under the circumstances I thought the interview was typical of a manager under some pressure. By the end he appeared to be resolute and determined. The amount of time you take to express your personal dislike of the current manager is extraordinary. Does he owe you money or similar? You never offer a constructive comment on how we get out of the current poor form.
Il give you a constructive comment.
The owners need to bite the bullet spend a lot of money bringing the squad up to league one standard with half a dozen quality signings or spend nothing and just accept certain relegation.
We are currently getting battered every week and can’t even put out a team capable of having 50% possession.
We have a poor defence with no one on a long contract ,Bolger and Sheehan aren’t under contract next season and we are currently pinning our hopes on them.
We need much better defenders and strikers who are good enough for this level.
We currently have none and insist on playing a young player who refused to sign for us in the hope that the more appearances the more money we will receive...
The fact he isn’t up the to league one standard is secondary.
If we were a proper club we would buy a couple of proven league one strikers , tell chuks to sign and loan him out or to not turn up for training and let him leave.

It all seems to have gone quiet on chuks signing talks but we still give him a platform to show himself off.
He’s currently league two standard but some on here think he’s pele.
If he doesn’t want to be here don’t play him.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #484 on: December 18, 2020, 12:18:00 pm »

Agreed B&S. All the signs are that the end is very nigh.

Also can see him getting a result tomorrow to delay the inevitable slightly.
Agree Dan, l think if he gets a result tomorrow then he still has the dressing room, conversely if we take a spanking then it could and should be his last game.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #485 on: December 18, 2020, 12:21:43 pm »

when you start calling players out for sulking and not putting effort in but the tactics you employ are restrictive and fail to allow players to breathe - you are on a desperate footing .
Those players are probably being asked to do jobs they dont want to do but are being criticised for it .
The camp sounds very unhappy and curle has burnt his bridges .
He will be gone shortly
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #486 on: December 18, 2020, 12:52:22 pm »

He's in the Chron having a pop at his midfielders today. Not saying any of them put in a good performance on Tuesday night, but it's pretty difficult for them to impose themselves on the game when they spend 90% of the time watching the ball sail over their heads.

By the end we appeared to be playing in a 4-2-4 formation so it's hardly surprising they were overrun. I say "appeared" because to be honest it was very tricky to see who was meant to be playing where during the second half...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #487 on: December 18, 2020, 13:57:24 pm »

He's in the Chron having a pop at his midfielders today. Not saying any of them put in a good performance on Tuesday night, but it's pretty difficult for them to impose themselves on the game when they spend 90% of the time watching the ball sail over their heads.

By the end we appeared to be playing in a 4-2-4 formation so it's hardly surprising they were overrun. I say "appeared" because to be honest it was very tricky to see who was meant to be playing where during the second half...

So are we going for Sowerby, Watson, Lines and Holmes as the fall guys seeing as "none of them played a forward pass"......? Ties in too with the fact that Watson and Lines had been out of the team, got their chance and in Curles eyes failed to deliver after feeling sorry for themselves because they weren't in the starting 11......

Surely you don't just get four midfielders who independently decide to all play defensively on the night?  Isn't it more likely they were "told" to play this way?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest2995

« Reply #488 on: December 18, 2020, 14:14:49 pm »

some of them may well be working extra hard in a rubbish formation or tactical style and so when they are accused of doing nothing it must be hard to stomach .
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #489 on: December 18, 2020, 14:17:53 pm »

Have no say the irony of him criticising our midfield did make me chuckle the other day when I read the farcical interview.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest3063

« Reply #490 on: December 18, 2020, 14:45:17 pm »

Agreed B&S. All the signs are that the end is very nigh.

Also can see him getting a result tomorrow to delay the inevitable slightly.

Curle is a master of getting results when the pressure is on. I also wouldn't be surprised if we get a win tomorrow, then at struggling Ipswich and home to Gillingham. Then he'll be back in the good books  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #491 on: December 18, 2020, 15:04:55 pm »

Curle is a master of getting results when the pressure is on. I also wouldn't be surprised if we get a win tomorrow, then at struggling Ipswich and home to Gillingham. Then he'll be back in the good books  Wink

If we take 9 points from those games he'll bloody deserve to keep his job!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 18, 2020, 15:13:24 pm »

I would be very happy to get these results, and so should you. It would mean we've turned the corner.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #493 on: December 18, 2020, 15:45:37 pm »

If we take 9 points from those games he'll bloody deserve to keep his job!!!  Grin
Yeah, but apart from beating Lincoln, Ipswich and Gillingham...what has Curle ever done for us?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 18, 2020, 15:59:26 pm »

Yeah, but apart from beating Lincoln, Ipswich and Gillingham...what has Curle ever done for us?  Grin

ouch  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 18, 2020, 16:24:43 pm »

So are we going for Sowerby, Watson, Lines and Holmes as the fall guys seeing as "none of them played a forward pass"......? Ties in too with the fact that Watson and Lines had been out of the team, got their chance and in Curles eyes failed to deliver after feeling sorry for themselves because they weren't in the starting 11......

Surely you don't just get four midfielders who independently decide to all play defensively on the night?  Isn't it more likely they were "told" to play this way?

He was right to criticise the midfield as the game I was watching they collectively failed to impress. Lines did not register at all, Sowerby went awol. Watson for me was the pick of a poor bunch although his passing was hit and miss. Holmes was  'much ado about nothing'. So much depends on him to get us motoring! As the Chron says Lines is unlikely to figure again.   
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 16:28:20 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #496 on: December 18, 2020, 16:31:09 pm »

He was right to criticise the midfield as the game I was watching they collectively failed to impress. Lines did not register at all, Sowerby went awol. Watson for me was the pick of a poor bunch although his passing was hit and miss. Holmes was  'much ado about nothing'. So much depends on him to get us motoring! As the Chron says Lines is unlikely to figure again.   

Others, who watched it, were saying that the airborne method of defence (the hoof ball) didn't allow the midfield to have an influence?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3063

« Reply #497 on: December 18, 2020, 16:46:12 pm »

I would be very happy to get these results, and so should you. It would mean we've turned the corner.

Don't worry I would be very happy.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #498 on: December 18, 2020, 18:34:16 pm »

OK, I am normally a lurker on threads such as this, but I want to make an observation.
It would appear there a few on here that would almost be happy for us to go down and Curle to remain in charge of our yo-yo team.
Others would want him gone sooner than later, coming out with such comments as "tactically inept, lost the dressing room, going to take us down".
Others blame the lack of investment by the owners, poor transfers etc.
Not many seem to be pointing the fickle finger of fate at the players. From what I have observed on an at times very sketchy I-Player is players who are here for no other reason than the paycheck at the end of the month. They couldn't give a flying fúck about the result, the team or their own performance and are most likely trying to line themselves up a deal for the January tranfer window. With players like that in the side we're doomed(imagine this in a Scottish accent).
I would rather see the subs bench start every week and play their hearts out than the dross served up by players whose belief in their abilities is far outweighs what they are actually capable of producing.
In the real world these players who under perform would be shít canned from a normal job.
Having said that the same would apply to Curle. As a manager his main task is to get the best out of his players in order to produce results(This whole thing of paying out an under performer for the length of his contract is so very wrong).
So we come to options.

1. Dump Curle now and see if a new manager can get something out of these prima donnas(I would assume that there will be no money available in January).

2. Give Curle a suitcase frull of cash in January and tell him fill his boots(very unlikely).

3. Give Curle the chance in January to off load the hangers on and get some long term loanees in to take us to the end of a relegation avoiding season.

4. Carry on as we are and rely on other teams going to the wall to keep us up as some on here have suggested might happen.

For me option three would be the way to go, but I am concerned about January. I honestly can't see it going any other way.

Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #499 on: December 18, 2020, 18:39:23 pm »

I’d love nothing more than 9 points from these three games TP  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: