The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:00:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51372 times)
guest3338

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #600 on: December 20, 2020, 08:03:21 am »

Today was the first time in 54 years we have suffered back to back four goal defeats....... lost 4-0 at home to Wolves and then lost 6-1 at Ipswich, Oct/Nov 1966
Great work GPC.
What did we follow those two results up with?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #601 on: December 20, 2020, 08:18:30 am »

Great work GPC.
What did we follow those two results up with?

Those we defeats five six in a run which had also seen us lose 6-1 at Hull and 5-1 at Crystal Palace!
We actually followed those two results up with a win.....2-1 at home over Bristol City.

23/09/66   A v Hull City       L 1-6
01/10/66   H v Portsmouth   L 2-4
08/10/66  A  v Crystal Palace  L 1-5
15/10/66  H v Huddersfield  L 0-1
29/10/66  H v Wolves     L 0-4
05/11/66  A v Ipswich   L 1-6

12/11/66  H v Bristol City  W 2-1
19/11/66  A v Carlisle    L 0-2

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3338

« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2020, 08:38:04 am »

Bristol City must have been really poor that season!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #603 on: December 20, 2020, 10:07:18 am »

Honestly am shocked that he hasn’t been sacked already.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2020, 10:18:08 am »

Honestly am shocked that he hasn’t been sacked already.
I’m not  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2020, 10:24:19 am »

We've not heard from KT for ages. Maybe he is unwell or has personal stuff going on, hopefully not.

Keith has to go, it's incredulous to not act. The squad is poor, there is no disguising that fact. The problem is Keith signed them all, he picks the 11 each week and the tactics.

Someone else could get more out of these players by simply deciding on the best 11 and sticking to it so they can form some sort of consistency and develop relationships on the pitch with each other.

I don't buy the injuries excuse either.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2020, 10:52:04 am »

I’m not  Grin

Starting to share your views about the ownership more by the day.
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #607 on: December 20, 2020, 11:30:38 am »

Those we defeats five six in a run which had also seen us lose 6-1 at Hull and 5-1 at Crystal Palace!
We actually followed those two results up with a win.....2-1 at home over Bristol City.

23/09/66   A v Hull City       L 1-6
01/10/66   H v Portsmouth   L 2-4
08/10/66  A  v Crystal Palace  L 1-5
15/10/66  H v Huddersfield  L 0-1
29/10/66  H v Wolves     L 0-4
05/11/66  A v Ipswich   L 1-6

12/11/66  H v Bristol City  W 2-1
19/11/66  A v Carlisle    L 0-2

And which clueless goon was in charge for that debacle?
We can name a stand after him!
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 20, 2020, 12:00:26 pm »

We've not heard from KT for ages. Maybe he is unwell or has personal stuff going on, hopefully not.

Keith has to go, it's incredulous to not act. The squad is poor, there is no disguising that fact. The problem is Keith signed them all, he picks the 11 each week and the tactics.

Someone else could get more out of these players by simply deciding on the best 11 and sticking to it so they can form some sort of consistency and develop relationships on the pitch with each other.

I don't buy the injuries excuse either.

This is a very good point. Tinkering with the team, as KC does constantly, is OK when you're doing OK, but when you're not, it would seem better to put faith in what you consider your best 11 and give them a few games to gel. Constantly changing personell and formations when confidence is shot surely contributes to the downward spiral. Lincoln had come off 2 defeats and named an unchanged team yesterday and comfortably played us off the park.

Regarding the injuries excuse, this is a sign of how KC is losing his hold on the situation (as many other managers do when under pressure). A few weeks ago he would never have blamed injuries. He'd have been saying that was no excuse, competitive squad, chance for another player to make their mark, etc.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 12:03:24 pm by Madrid Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 20, 2020, 12:15:59 pm »

Apologies if what I write has already been said, I'm so down I can't be arsed to look through other posts.
        Yesterday was awful, I must admit I'm struggling to remember such a spineless performance, as you know I've backed KC all the way but after yesterdays debacle, even I think that maybe now is time for a change. The performance was awful but, what really got me down most was bringing Holmes when we were 0-3 down and game over.
               I never like to use this phrase (it does get banded about a lot) but after the lack of fight yesterday I think KC has lost the dressing room. Maybe time to put Sammo & Brady in temporary charge? I do think now something has to change, don't get me wrong I would love to see KC turn this round, but IMO I don't think he can.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 20, 2020, 12:30:08 pm »

Keith’s still in charge then........
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #611 on: December 20, 2020, 12:34:37 pm »

You don't need to post this after every game, of course he is.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #612 on: December 20, 2020, 12:39:03 pm »

Keith’s still in charge then........

I think you must have a repeat button on your computer the amount of times you say the same thing over and over again  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #613 on: December 20, 2020, 12:56:54 pm »

I think you must have a repeat button on your computer the amount of times you say the same thing over and over again  Roll Eyes

Don't worry.. He'll head back down is hole if we have any degree of success.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 20, 2020, 13:10:24 pm »

Don't worry.. He'll head back down is hole if we have any degree of success.
IF  Grin
Come on show some positivity !!!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #615 on: December 20, 2020, 14:14:26 pm »

Has he gone yet?
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 20, 2020, 19:01:00 pm »

I'm sure they are just ironing out the contract with the replacement and all is in hand mate.
Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #617 on: December 20, 2020, 19:30:48 pm »

Just catching up...

Has KC gone? I’m assuming he must have.

Has Shoey posted evidence to back up any of his comments?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 20, 2020, 19:46:40 pm »

Just catching up...

Has KC gone? I’m assuming he must have.

Has Shoey posted evidence to back up any of his comments?
If you’d like a bet that Keith has put on record he missed out on his first choice targets put your money where your mouth is....
£500
You can pay the winnings to the clubs chosen charity.

Cheers Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #619 on: December 20, 2020, 19:58:17 pm »

Shoey produce facts ? Will never happen Mysterious Curle, its a game he likes to play.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: