The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:00:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51331 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #640 on: December 20, 2020, 22:38:24 pm »

It’s all in the detail CJ 😄. Shoey has changed what he said from... Curle is on record as saying “he couldn’t sign his first choice targets”. To Saying, “I missed out on my first choice targets”. Pretty much what every manager says.

This was said in the context of a part of a thread where is was alleged that Curle was not allowed to sign who he wanted. Shoey has changed his own words, then offered a bet on a completely different sentence that he never quoted once. Not his original one.. 😁😁.  Never mind eh..
In fairness he couldn’t sign his top targets
Not only could he not , he did not.

Missing out / couldn’t sign /
Two cheeks of the same arse.

We did not successfully sign our top/first choice/ideal/number one       targets!!!

I’m happy enough to have trawled through god knows how many reports just to prove my memory was correct.

Feel free to keep spinning/digging as much as you wish.

Did we get our top targets No

Was it because they felt we offered them much more money than they were worth and would rather play for a low weekly wage with incentives.
I doubt it.

I rest my case.

Thankyou.....

Now is Keith still in charge?
Have the board issued an update?

I’ve no idea I’ve spent all evening justifying myself for the benefit of others.
Do me a favour chaps next time you wish to (wrongly) disbelieve me find your own fcuking evidence  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #641 on: December 20, 2020, 22:43:41 pm »

In fairness if a manager misses out on top targets it is usually because they can’t compete financially.
Sometimes it’s location but I’d hazard a guess 9/10 are down to finance
Whilst resting my case tonight I also found other interviews in which he said targets had signed for clubs in the league above.....
You’d guess they offered more money....
It was also stated that David nugent had been at sixfields for talks and Keith fancied signing him.
The fact that nugent is currently on gardening leave (is being paid full wages to stay away from deepdale) indicated that we couldn’t strike a deal with him.

From memory so no quotes I’m afraid nugent remarked on talk sport that he’d met Keith with a view to signing and hoped to go back for further talks.....
I’d imagine the fact a deal couldn’t be agreed was down to finance.

I’d love to know why someone thought the way to attract better quality footballers was to offer them a low weekly wage plus incentives...
This has backfired spectacularly and in my opinion is a contributory factor in us being unable to attract the required standard of player for this division.

Just my hunch

You said it! Smiley Smiley Wink
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #642 on: December 20, 2020, 22:44:31 pm »

I'm sure I read on the Chronic website fairly recently that Curle stated he had missed out on certain targets that had gone to other clubs. I have a feeling it was around the time of the Fleetwood game, but I could be wrong on that.

I have looked on the Chronic website and specifically the articles on the Cobblers but it doesn't go back that far. It does say there is an archive and it does bring up a list of years but when I click on 2020 nothing happens. I have to say nothing happening in 2020 is unusual !

I am not going into a debate about it, perhaps someone more savvy can find the article.

Good luck Shoey  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #643 on: December 20, 2020, 22:53:40 pm »

I'm sure I read on the Chronic website fairly recently that Curle stated he had missed out on certain targets that had gone to other clubs. I have a feeling it was around the time of the Fleetwood game, but I could be wrong on that.

I have looked on the Chronic website and specifically the articles on the Cobblers but it doesn't go back that far. It does say there is an archive and it does bring up a list of years but when I click on 2020 nothing happens. I have to say nothing happening in 2020 is unusual !

I am not going into a debate about it, perhaps someone more savvy can find the article.

Good luck Shoey  Wink

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/curle-reveals-fleetwood-pipped-cobblers-couple-players-summer-3053275
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 20, 2020, 22:54:38 pm »

Good luck Shoey  Wink
Careful
You’ll be asked for evidence from those who don’t wish to believe  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: December 20, 2020, 23:02:42 pm »

Very interesting regards signings
The key words for me are “weren’t at their level”
Anyone hazard a guess what Keith’s getting at there?
Could this be another example of not being able to compete financially or do others wish to put another spin on it.....?

So far we have learnt Keith stated he missed out on his top targets
Tried to sign two players that went to Fleetwood because “we weren’t at their level”
Lost out on two signings who signed for higher level clubs.
Failed to agree a deal for David nugent who he would have liked to have signed.

There’s a lot of info out there  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #646 on: December 21, 2020, 06:16:48 am »

I’d say the article is completely misleading. It’s titled ‘Cobblers pipped by Fleetwood’, the quotes in the article say nothing about this... the closet reference I can find is below...

"They've got a couple of players that we enquired about but we weren't at that level. It's a very competitive squad."
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 21, 2020, 06:48:57 am »

In an interview piece entitled

James heneghans verdict on cobblers excellent opening day win over Cardiff city
Dated Monday 7th sept 2020

It states

“ the town manager himself has admitted to missing out on top targets”

As I say I’m not tech savvy so can’t get the article up but please trust me...

I knew I hadn’t imagined it....

That’s taken a technophobe like me ages to find the facts but there you go.

UTC.

Interestingly I’ve not been able to the article you reference. Needless to say your quote says absolutely nothing about the lack of budget which you have been stating all along. I assume you’d lodged your money with this charity you’re banging on about?

Ive also tried to find what your claiming and haven’t been able to the closest I have come is below:

"Some of the players that I've spoken to have chosen to go down a route of more money and I completely and utterly understand it, but I haven't lost out on too many players that I don't think I can replace with better." 6th August

Despite already signing 10 players this summer, Cobblers chairman Kelvin Thomas confirmed he will give the green light for Curle to continue adding to his squad prior to the deadline on October 5th.

There is a massive difference in not having a competitive budget and not wishing to pay over the odds.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 21, 2020, 06:59:28 am »

Interestingly I’ve not been able to the article you reference. Needless to say your quote says absolutely nothing about the lack of budget which you have been stating all along. I assume you’d lodged your money with this charity you’re banging on about?

Ive also tried to find what your claiming and haven’t been able to the closest I have come is below:

"Some of the players that I've spoken to have chosen to go down a route of more money and I completely and utterly understand it, but I haven't lost out on too many players that I don't think I can replace with better." 6th August

Despite already signing 10 players this summer, Cobblers chairman Kelvin Thomas confirmed he will give the green light for Curle to continue adding to his squad prior to the deadline on October 5th.

There is a massive difference in not having a competitive budget and not wishing to pay over the odds.
The bet you were offered was clearly detailed
You asked for proof
I’ve provided it.
If you still wish to cause an argument when you have been proved wrong , have no arse , are all mouth but won’t back it up and despite overwhelming proof that we have missed out on top targets because we couldn’t compete financially please continue to look a tit.

You are you know
You’re looking a tit.

Oh and for a taste of your medicine why not try providing proof that Danny rose is league ones best paid striker. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Oh me sides Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You won’t accept proof when it’s given but come out with random nonsense that you won’t be able to prove because it’s not true

What a tit  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #649 on: December 21, 2020, 07:02:34 am »

Come on Billy lair, still waiting for the proof  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2020, 07:11:02 am »

Could this be another example of not being able to compete financially or do others wish to put another spin on it.....?

Tried to sign two players that went to Fleetwood because “we weren’t at their level”

I think you need to look at the bigger picture. Finances aside I highly doubt Northampton Town are up there in the footballing world as the club that aspiring footballers are wishing to ply their trade.

In my opinion, having a dinosaur of a manager that’s stuck in the Middle Ages with his style of play doesn’t help matters.

Most summers we will miss out on a number of targets, let’s face it our location, fan base, infrastructure, staff, style of play etc. are considerably behind our competitors.

Some managers in the past have overcome these hurdles. The current manager is failing to do so.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 21, 2020, 07:18:27 am »

Come on Billy lair, still waiting for the proof  Grin
Don’t you start being a tit as well tcobb  Grin

To be fair you haven’t come out with ‘Sam Hoskins is the highest paid striker in the world’ so you are nowhere near the level of tittery of the man who knows all about top strikers wages.

Danny rose the best paid league one striker

What a whopper Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Proof
Proof
If you can’t prove it your a liar
Proof
Proof
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Danny Rose the best....
Oh me sides
paid striker....
Stop it
Just stop it
Il wet me self

Fcuking Danny rose.....
£££££
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

David nugent must be gutted , we couldn’t sign him but then made Danny rose the...
Stop it
Best paid
Oh my god
Striker in league one
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Mysterious curle
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You are comedy gold
In fairness you are priceless during these tough times
Don’t  whatever you do
 stop posting even if it’s rubbish that’s not true.
We all need cheering up during these times and while you do make yourself look a tit you are worth your weight in gold.
You may be a bit daft but at least you’re our daft and you support the right team

Proof
Proof
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tcobb my cobblers supporting pal you are nowhere near mysterious curles level

Danny pissing rose
 Cheesy Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #652 on: December 21, 2020, 07:22:13 am »

I think this thread is getting close to being the most tedious, childish, petty spat this board has ever seen.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 21, 2020, 07:25:47 am »

I think this thread is getting close to being the most tedious, childish, petty spat this board has ever seen.
You may be right
I’ve proved my point and il dry my pants regards Danny rose the galactico and let others carry on...

Let’s get the thread back on track

Anyway is Keith still in charge?
Has the board made a statement?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 21, 2020, 07:29:26 am »

I think you need to look at the bigger picture. Finances aside I highly doubt Northampton Town are up there in the footballing world as the club that aspiring footballers are wishing to ply their trade.

In my opinion, having a dinosaur of a manager that’s stuck in the Middle Ages with his style of play doesn’t help matters.

Most summers we will miss out on a number of targets, let’s face it our location, fan base, infrastructure, staff, style of play etc. are considerably behind our competitors.

Some managers in the past have overcome these hurdles. The current manager is failing to do so.

Credit where it’s due I agree that Keith isn’t doing himself any favours with his style of play he has a squad very low on quality with little invention and no cutting edge.
I think it’s beyond him to adapt and the step up to league one is a big one
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 21, 2020, 07:37:06 am »

You may be right
I’ve proved my point and il dry my pants regards Danny rose the galactico and let others carry on...

Let’s get the thread back on track

Anyway is Keith still in charge?
Has the board made a statement?

I must admit I’m hugely concerned my throw away Rose comment has got so much air time!

It’s amazing what some people on here start to believe if you state it as fact without any evidence...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #656 on: December 21, 2020, 07:44:15 am »

Disappointed he is still here but not surprised.
There are no rumours either from within that i know of.
At the end of the day , KT is abroad and not coming back anytime soon .
Whiting won’t carry out the deed .
Curle has too much autonomy ( however is he allowed to train on that pitch every day ).
There could be a lot more pain inflicted yet .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #657 on: December 21, 2020, 07:53:07 am »

The postponement of the Ipswich game will prolong the agony.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #658 on: December 21, 2020, 08:11:07 am »

Bit subjective BOTN, arguably you you could say that about any of them?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #659 on: December 21, 2020, 08:21:45 am »

"We weren't at their level"

That is easy to explain, even for a pea brain like me.
When the approaches for the said players were made, Fleetwood were in the  league 1 play off places, we were either a) newly promoted, b) league 2 having not yet won the play offs.
The targets chose the established league1 team.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: