The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:27:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51502 times)
west stand oap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #680 on: December 21, 2020, 12:46:36 pm »

Don't forget that before saturday Plymouth had lost 6 in a row.
Report Spam   Logged
Boatman

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 21, 2020, 13:48:41 pm »

Apparently Mr Boarman thinks this represents success  Grin

Absolutely, especially compared to a good few of the last 35 years especially (don't forget Wink). This time last year I would have took where we are now, wouldn't you? - Serious question.

It would be great to see us doing a Wycombe, we have been close twice in my time BUT ambition is a double edge sword. Without a solid financial foundation it could hurt us badly. No club has a solid financial foundation in these times.

Staying in this league would be good. Playing some decent football would be a bonus. Staying solvent is essential, and sacking managers is expensive. 

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #682 on: December 21, 2020, 14:23:17 pm »

Absolutely, especially compared to a good few of the last 35 years especially (don't forget Wink). This time last year I would have took where we are now, wouldn't you? - Serious question.

It would be great to see us doing a Wycombe, we have been close twice in my time BUT ambition is a double edge sword. Without a solid financial foundation it could hurt us badly. No club has a solid financial foundation in these times.

Staying in this league would be good. Playing some decent football would be a bonus. Staying solvent is essential, and sacking managers is expensive. 

Can’t disagree with any of that, would be very happy to stay in this division BUT there simply has to be more entertainment.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #683 on: December 21, 2020, 14:56:25 pm »

KT seems to have changed his ways.
'We've been doing this long enough not to be kneejerk' (or similar).
How many games into the season were we before Edinburgh got binned?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #684 on: December 21, 2020, 15:00:23 pm »

Six.....four defeats from 4 in the league, a 1-0 defeat at QPR in the League Cup, and a penalty shootout win over Cambridge in the Trophy which proved to be his last game in charge.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 21, 2020, 15:04:07 pm »

Six.....four defeats from 4 in the league, a 1-0 defeat at QPR in the League Cup, and a penalty shootout win over Cambridge in the Trophy which proved to be his last game in charge.
I hope it’s the dreaded vote of confidence  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #686 on: December 21, 2020, 15:31:01 pm »

But he left it too late to bin JFH. KT admitted this after the season ended and we were relegated I seem to remember.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #687 on: December 21, 2020, 15:59:03 pm »

But he left it too late to bin JFH. KT admitted this after the season ended and we were relegated I seem to remember.
And too hasty in taking him on?!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 21, 2020, 16:01:17 pm »

I would add that the football on offer is WORSE than the utter drivel offered up by JFH.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #689 on: December 21, 2020, 16:12:39 pm »

I would add that the football on offer is WORSE than the utter drivel offered up by JFH.
And, worse than the football offered up by Page. At least we didn't get absolutely battered by a non league outfit, just merely beaten.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: December 21, 2020, 16:34:03 pm »

And, worse than the football offered up by Page. At least we didn't get absolutely battered by a non league outfit, just merely beaten.
Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #691 on: December 21, 2020, 16:59:18 pm »

So KC is here for the foreseeable  Roll Eyes

He's assembled a poor L2 squad with no leaders or the quality needed to compete in L1 (bar Sheehan & Holmes who were desperate non contract signings anyway), yet he met all the signings face to face at least twice to make sure they had the characteristics needed.

He's now entrusted to recruit in the hardest  transfer window...ie January!

Smacks of JFH all over again...

Happy Christmas everyone!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 17:01:11 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #692 on: December 21, 2020, 17:01:03 pm »

I sense a bit of melodramatic disappointment with some of the comments on here Evil.  Yet not one thought for poor old Squadron Leader Dan DFC  whose whole 'Raison d'etre' was the abrupt demise of the great Keith. Possibly GPC as well who has worked tirelessly to achieve the same result. Bad luck chaps your turn may yet come?  As it is now the party season am not sure if all you guys were to hold a party it might be pretty low on Esprit de corps! Chin up chaps!
Talking to one of the lovely office ladies she reminded me of the truly generous offer by one fan who although an ST insisted he should still pay for his tkt!
Any ideas who that true gent and supporter might be?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 18:10:29 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 21, 2020, 17:05:44 pm »

I normally read and don't post but I have got a bit tired of the more vocal and active online perceiving themselves as the majority of opinion.

The football is poor, but I do not see an alternative with the current budget and staff whoever is in charge. We lost pretty much a whole team at the end of last season. If we had started this season with the same team I think the difference in level would have showed. Having to put a new team together with much of the quality from last year gone was always going to be a huge challenge.

Having been a Cobblers fan for many years, and being a realist, I would have taken our current League position had I have been offered it at the start of the year. We could have been going in to Christmas already dead and buried. As it stands we have a chance of staying at this level. I would much rather go in to January with Curle knowing the limitations of what he has got, and with an idea of what needs to be added to keep us in this league.  

Hitting the panic button in December when you are not rock bottom could cost a lot more than it gains. It is frustrating when you combine a bad run or results with crap football, but change is not always the answer and the vocal 'majority' would do well to remember things can get a lot worse. If we change managers now we could end up with worse than what we have (it has happened before!), and paying to get a new manager in is going to cost us players on the pitch or increasing the budget, which could hurt us beyond this season.

To all the "Curle out" believers - what did you expect, and do you really think it was realistic?

Beginning to warm to your sentiments  - such steadfast common sense related comments. Keep it up!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 21, 2020, 17:13:17 pm »

Tippy Tappy Dean Austin played your type of football............................. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 21, 2020, 17:24:29 pm »

Hello Evers old chum, I thought KT spoke well and if he back KC in Jan then we may stay up, KC needs to change his style of play and just play like we did in the play offs.
UTC.

As always old chap truly magnanimous. Well played Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #696 on: December 21, 2020, 18:32:16 pm »

I sense a bit of melodramatic disappointment with some of the comments on here Evil.  Yet not one thought for poor old Squadron Leader Dan DFC  whose whole 'Raison d'etre' was the abrupt demise of the great Keith. Possibly GPC as well who has worked tirelessly to achieve the same result. Bad luck chaps your turn may yet come?  
Do you get some sort of enjoyment with posts like this ?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #697 on: December 21, 2020, 18:39:38 pm »

Bring Hilderberto BACK
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 21, 2020, 18:43:17 pm »

Bring Hilderberto BACK
Would certainly liven it up a bit  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #699 on: December 21, 2020, 18:50:32 pm »

Do you get some sort of enjoyment with posts like this ?  Roll Eyes

You're fortunate, you don't get to see ALL of the posts he deletes after he has posted them...  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: