The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:02:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51495 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #780 on: February 03, 2021, 09:49:12 am »

Come on Winslow, did you really expect him to come up with anything remotely sensible ? , he talked b*llocks when he was at Mansfield, he talked b*llocks when he was at Carlisle and he's carried on at NTFC
    A couple of questions I asked last night, does anyone think that KC gets the best performances possible from our squad of players ? If not , why not? Has he EVER made any substitutions that have changed a game ? and I mean changed it in our favour !

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #781 on: February 03, 2021, 11:00:39 am »

I will reiterate what I have said before. The long term consequences of falling out of this league will be massive for the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #782 on: February 03, 2021, 11:17:16 am »

Come on Winslow, did you really expect him to come up with anything remotely sensible ? , he talked b*llocks when he was at Mansfield, he talked b*llocks when he was at Carlisle and he's carried on at NTFC
    A couple of questions I asked last night, does anyone think that KC gets the best performances possible from our squad of players ? If not , why not? Has he EVER made any substitutions that have changed a game ? and I mean changed it in our favour !
I honestly think Curle says whatever comes into his head at the time, he thinks we are all as thick as him, he leaves one of his better players on the bench because he wanted his energy for the last few mins, what an absolute tool.
To answer your question NO Curle isn’t getting the best out of this squad, that’s why I started this thread he’s made a spectacular fcuk up of this season, constant tinkering, baffling substitutions and bizarre interviews.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #783 on: February 03, 2021, 11:20:28 am »

I will reiterate what I have said before. The long term consequences of falling out of this league will be massive for the club.
Yes they will, so it begs the question, why did he REALLY leave out our most in form player? because I don't think even the most loyal KC fan would buy the excuse he came up with.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 03, 2021, 11:37:58 am »

Yes they will, so it begs the question, why did he REALLY leave out our most in form player? because I don't think even the most loyal KC fan would buy the excuse he came up with.
Do you think there is a clandestine reason?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #785 on: February 03, 2021, 11:42:42 am »

Do you think there is a clandestine reason?
There HAS to be a reason, because if you want to win a football match, you play your best, in form players and we didn't do that.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #786 on: February 03, 2021, 11:54:20 am »

There HAS to be a reason, because if you want to win a football match, you play your best, in form players and we didn't do that.

the only reason is curle himself - he just changes things for the sake of it, because he can, its why he hasnt had success over sustained periods and never will do.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #787 on: February 03, 2021, 12:06:12 pm »

the only reason is curle himself - he just changes things for the sake of it, because he can, its why he hasnt had success over sustained periods and never will do.

I totally agree with this, it’s not the first time he’s either dropped the in form player, the striker on a goal scoring run or made big changes to a team that’s just won. Why he does it I guess we can only speculate, my guess he sees the big managers rotate their squads and this is his misguided attempt to be some sort of tactical genius.
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #788 on: February 03, 2021, 12:58:45 pm »

I totally agree with this, it’s not the first time he’s either dropped the in form player, the striker on a goal scoring run or made big changes to a team that’s just won. Why he does it I guess we can only speculate, my guess he sees the big managers rotate their squads and this is his misguided attempt to be some sort of tactical genius.

Sounds about right
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #789 on: February 03, 2021, 12:59:34 pm »

I don’t believe we should sack Curle for the reasons I have documented on numerous occasions. I also think that changing managers more often than not has the opposite effect, as also stated previously. Therefore to instigate change without a clear idea of who you want to bring in and why is just b0ll0cks. That’s before we get onto the old chestnut of finances in the middle of a pandemic? That being said, the comments regarding McWilliams had me with my head in my hands weeping. The substitutions and set up of the team is too often just dire. This is starting to look like yet another manager who is out to prove the supporters and everyone else wrong, basically ego driven at the expense of the correct decisions? We’ve seen it all before over and over again and it usually signals a move into the end game for a managers tenure? Whilst COVID will probably be Keith’s saviour this season FFS can he just start doing the bleeding obvious with the team? Don’t make substitutions unless they are enforced or will significantly improve matters on the pitch and not hand the momentum to the opposition? Play the strongest formation for this squad which is 4-4-2, play McWilliams in front of the back 4 and get some creativity onto the pitch. At the moment we are one dimensional, not creative enough and far too vulnerable at the back. My advice to Keef would be to stop reading “Advanced Coaching for Champions League Success” and start doing the basics and obvious right and leave his ego at home because all this nonsense and tinkering is failing him, the team and us. Rant over, goodnight.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3086

« Reply #790 on: February 03, 2021, 14:05:31 pm »

First Phillip Schofield, now Keith Curle. What is going on?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #791 on: February 03, 2021, 14:21:25 pm »

My guess is he rates Morris above McWilliams in the middle if he's playing one holding midfielder, and last night decided he wanted to try and play Watson and Sowerby in a more advanced role, so Sean had to give way.
Rose lost out because Edmumdson is his new targetman and Hoskins mustn't be dropped under any circumstances.
We moaned about Adam's legs having gone and Marshall's patchy defensive performances, about Smith not putting it in and about Holmes not being the man he was and breaking down, but without any of them there is virtually no creativity left in the side. I wasn't impressed by Kioso last night and Millers cameo albeit promising was too brief to definitively say he'll be an answer. Only Watson has stepped up over the past couple of games, with Rose showing glimpses off the substitutes bench.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #792 on: February 03, 2021, 14:23:27 pm »

Glad you now say two (at least).
CJ  Like your comments above which seem pretty accurate to me as are Mellys latest thoughts.

Collectively from a more informed group of people on here we now appear to have a better idea how to manage the team collectively. Thats Good News.  Cannot you form an 'expert' panel on here - appears to be 3 to 4 of you?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 14:38:54 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #793 on: February 03, 2021, 15:29:55 pm »

My guess is he rates Morris above McWilliams in the middle if he's playing one holding midfielder, and last night decided he wanted to try and play Watson and Sowerby in a more advanced role, so Sean had to give way.
Rose lost out because Edmumdson is his new targetman and Hoskins mustn't be dropped under any circumstances.
We moaned about Adam's legs having gone and Marshall's patchy defensive performances, about Smith not putting it in and about Holmes not being the man he was and breaking down, but without any of them there is virtually no creativity left in the side. I wasn't impressed by Kioso last night and Millers cameo albeit promising was too brief to definitively say he'll be an answer. Only Watson has stepped up over the past couple of games, with Rose showing glimpses off the substitutes bench.

Thank you CJ, I think that’s the best answer we’ve had to the weird McWilliams decision last night. Just a pity KC couldn’t express this as the reason in his interview and equally as disappointing that his judgement was so pitifully wrong. At least we know now - I was starting to think like an anti-vaxer and believe there was some conspiracy theory going on involving Bill Gates / Putin / Barry Fry!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #794 on: February 03, 2021, 15:38:13 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/keith-curle-surprise-mcwilliams-decision-ashley-seals-absence-and-contentious-offside-call-3122103
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 03, 2021, 15:58:45 pm »

Thank you CJ, I think that’s the best answer we’ve had to the weird McWilliams decision last night. Just a pity KC couldn’t express this as the reason in his interview and equally as disappointing that his judgement was so pitifully wrong. At least we know now

‘At least we know now’ just because CJ’s suggestion may be the most logical definitely doesn’t make it the real reason, it certainly wasn’t what KC said. Come on now he’s been making these weird selection decisions all through his time at the club, he loves to make these choices that are the opposite of common sense.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #796 on: February 03, 2021, 16:02:34 pm »

I hope it just clicks that we need to go 4 at the back, McWilliams needs to play if fit.

Ive always backed Curle but it is not looking good that we improve when we go 4 at the back but he still reverts back to 3.

There is noting wrong with 3 at the back, we just don't have the personnel to play it any more.

A team that looks considerably better just switching to a basic 442 or 4321 is a fire fighting managers dream.
Report Spam   Logged

Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 03, 2021, 16:14:58 pm »

If Sheehan is fit we look capable of playing a back 5 but without him i think it has to be a 4, especially as in Morris & McWilliams we have 2 decent defensive central midfielders. I do worry how quickly Sowerby was back in the team from his injury, with Watson playing well I have seen little from Sowerby all season to merit a place in the side.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #798 on: February 03, 2021, 17:11:16 pm »

‘At least we know now’ just because CJ’s suggestion may be the most logical definitely doesn’t make it the real reason, it certainly wasn’t what KC said. Come on now he’s been making these weird selection decisions all through his time at the club, he loves to make these choices that are the opposite of common sense.

Opposite of 'your' commonsense, obviously not his. 
He's the one who has to make the decisions he does in order to secure or further his own employment.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 03, 2021, 17:49:20 pm »

Striker Benny Ashley-Seal was absent from the squad altogether and Curle revealed afterwards: "Benny went over on his ankle when we trained on Saturday after the game was called off.
Well fcuk me, BAS is on the floor even when the game is OFF 😂😂😂😂🦭🦭🦭🦭
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: