The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:11:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51515 times)
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #900 on: February 10, 2021, 08:54:15 am »

There often comes a point where a managers departure is inevitable, the fans and not just the ones that have never been enamoured, always know when that point has been reached.

We are there now. Hopefully KT realises it is a waste of time by delaying - win, draw or lose against Burton it will make no difference overall.  
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #901 on: February 10, 2021, 08:57:36 am »

We have reached the point where KC can’t get anymore out of his squad, no matter how long he locks them in the dressing room for.

We are cantering towards the drop with no fight, flare or tactical ability.

Now is the time to stand KC aside and freshen things up. I’d be happy with Sammo and Brady (even Rico!) until the end of the season to see where we end up.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #902 on: February 10, 2021, 08:59:48 am »

Recruitment problem;

League 2 team players- Wharton, Turnbull, Goode, McCormack, Oliver and Morton would ALL get into this League 1 side!
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #903 on: February 10, 2021, 09:06:11 am »

I would be tempted to go 4-5-1 rather than 4-4-2 as I feel we are strong in central midfield but weak in attack.
Mitchell
kioso  Jones  Sheehan/Bolger  Mills
Hoskins Morris  Watson  McWilliams  Miller
Rose
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #904 on: February 10, 2021, 09:31:23 am »

It's going to take a while before Everbrite sees through KC, he was one of the last people to keep backing the Cardoza's before he saw what everybody else had spotted months earlier.

Not biting el winder uppo Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Martin

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 10, 2021, 09:46:35 am »

I have little doubt that gutless KT will leave it too late to get rid of Curle, just like he did a few years ago when getting rid of Hasselbaink. It gives the newcomer little or no chance of turning things around. I realise it will cost to get rid of Curle but there is a greater cost in relegation and alienation of the supporters. How many loyal season ticket holders like me will decide not to waste any further money if Curle remains in place.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #906 on: February 10, 2021, 10:02:49 am »

I think we all have a misconception here, it’s that KT cares, Kelvin Thomas doesn’t give two fcuks about the club, threatening not to renew our season tickets won’t bother him because he’ll just shave it off the playing budget.
You only have to look at the state of the ground to know that, no pride, no attending games, even when he could, no plan nothing.
I actually think when Burton turn us over at the weekend and they will, 3 or 4 nil, KT still won’t act.
The club is being run at the absolute minimum, this set up would also be in the bottom 3 or 4 of L2.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #907 on: February 10, 2021, 10:45:56 am »

I haven't suffered or been tainted by the performances on the park through iFollow.
I can only go by what I read on here and the results.
I normally acknowledge the reactions on here and attempt to put positive slants them.

HOWEVER, based purely on results and the lack of numbers in the goals scored column for this season, KC needs to be relieved of his duties with immediate effect.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 10, 2021, 11:17:11 am »

I haven't suffered or been tainted by the performances on the park through iFollow.
I can only go by what I read on here and the results.
I normally acknowledge the reactions on here and attempt to put positive slants them.

HOWEVER, based purely on results and the lack of numbers in the goals scored column for this season, KC needs to be relieved of his duties with immediate effect.

Not many will disagree with you!
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #909 on: February 10, 2021, 11:50:56 am »

I am huge advocate of really wringing out the best you can out of any situation or person. Unfortunately there is a distinct possibility that the clubs relationship with the support will rapidly become more toxic as each day passes. I cannot express any clearer than I already have, how much the current climate will impact on the future of the club. We are all alike at the moment. All of us are desperately looking for something positive to cling on to. For those of us that prey at the alter of NTFC, we look to them as customers/supporters to see us through this challenging phase. A lot of us have paid in good faith to support the club, with not a lot more than a glimpse of Curles folly via our ipad/PC screens. We must not feel guilty for asking for a better return than this. I am probably one of the least critical people around when it comes to censuring the club, but I do hold a genuine concern about the bigger picture. KT needs to be acutely aware that the vast majority of the support have buried their opinions on the redevelopment front, but the trade off has to be a decent product on the pitch. At this point in time, I cannot see any advantages to this relationship from a supporters perspective. Of course I am aware of the huge challenges that COVID has brought to all businesses. But to survive this, you cannot disregard the emotional aspect of things. For most lower league supporters, it is the only thing that fuels their loyalty.

DON'T TAKE THE Pi$$ WITH IT.. 
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #910 on: February 10, 2021, 12:54:42 pm »

After a defeat/bad performance, I've spent many weeks and months defending KC on various different social platforms.

Last night though, I didn't.

There are 20 games still to play and we are only goal difference away (3 goals?) from 3 positions above us and the other side of the safety line. There are 7 teams that are definitively poorer than the other 17 teams, and we are one of them. Mathematically we have a decent chance of staying up, lets face it our 'rivals' are getting tonked most games (Rochdale 1-4 at home to an average MK side only last night being a prime example). However, we cant score. Simples. And last night we seemed to revert to 'type', having actually starting to evolve a fair bit in recent games and play some decent football, albeit without scoring. Its almost as if KC's solution to the problem of not scoring was to 'go long again'. It was a catastrophic error of judgement in my opinion, and his use of subs last night was (being respectful)...questionable!

The tipping point for me, has been reached. Maybe a fair bit further down the line than it did for some. But these days I try to be less reactive to stuff, and sentiments do play a part...KC and his team gave me the only two full on, decent days in the last 11 months or so. I will always be thankful for those two evenings towards the end of the first lockdown last Summer; I absolutely wanted him to keep us up this season, by hook or by crook...

It just feels though that its now reached the point where the whole bigger picture has to be considered. Those with an ounce of intelligence will know what Im on about; but to summarise, its now far too toxic.

I'm not screaming for it. Sent a couple of tweets last night and one (I think) post on a facebook page, and today, just this one on here. Ill still log in and watch us on Saturday hoping for a win if KC remains in charge. Like I have done for every league game this season and indeed cup game. But I just cant help but feel that IF he does stay in charge of the team and IF we do go down or IF he's kept on for a bit longer and we are a few points adrift etc...then it will be difficult for the club to sell its product(s) with next season in mind. KT is walking on a tightrope at the minute and I do not envy him one bit for that. He's dammed if he does, dammed if he doesn't.

Like I say, bigger picture for me..he now has to go. He's been one of our more successful managers, steadied the ship when it was in danger of plummeting into non league aka Chesterfield and then somehow, getting it promoted one season later. But football is all about short term success, and because of that managers do not stick around for long. KC is 24th most longest serving manager currently out of the 92...says it all.

As well as the bigger picture, I believe that our very best chance of staying up now is 'a new manager bounce' - I will never be convinced they do not exist. So in my own little world, as well as 'looking at the bigger picture', its time for KC and his jigsaw puzzles to continue their journey's at some other place. I will though be always very thankful for their involvement and hard work at NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #911 on: February 10, 2021, 13:12:13 pm »

I doubt if KC is going anywhere as he probably has enough credit banked with KT from previous seasons.
2 seasons ago, when he was brought in, he turned the ship around to safety when it was heading for the rocks.
Last season guided us to an unexpected promotion. KT did not appear to expect it as he considered us outsiders when we reached the play offs and he has often said what a good job KC is doing.
So regardless of comments on here I would be surprised he was removed. Nicky Adam's interview after he left seems to indicate the players have a much different view to most supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #912 on: February 10, 2021, 13:15:38 pm »

It should be before the weekend but it wont be. If we lose he'll be gone.
If we win (as I expect) he'll stay and we'll just be delaying the inevitable but giving a new manager even less time to influence things.

I saw 1 message on twitter last night saying he should get longer and about 80-100 saying he should go. Can you imagine how loud the boo's would have been inside a stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 10, 2021, 13:24:58 pm »

I doubt if KC is going anywhere as he probably has enough credit banked with KT from previous seasons.
2 seasons ago, when he was brought in, he turned the ship around to safety when it was heading for the rocks.
Last season guided us to an unexpected promotion. KT did not appear to expect it as he considered us outsiders when we reached the play offs and he has often said what a good job KC is doing.
So regardless of comments on here I would be surprised he was removed. Nicky Adam's interview after he left seems to indicate the players have a much different view to most supporters.
I think that sums it up Marvo, fcuk the customers it will cost too much to get rid.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 10, 2021, 13:25:49 pm »

It should be before the weekend but it wont be. If we lose he'll be gone.
If we win (as I expect) he'll stay and we'll just be delaying the inevitable but giving a new manager even less time to influence things.

I saw 1 message on twitter last night saying he should get longer and about 80-100 saying he should go. Can you imagine how loud the boo's would have been inside a stadium.
You really think we can win on Saturday  Grin
Not a snowballs chance in hell.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #915 on: February 10, 2021, 13:46:08 pm »

We have reached the point where KC can’t get anymore out of his squad, no matter how long he locks them in the dressing room for.

Now is the time to stand KC aside and freshen things up. I’d be happy with Sammo and Brady (even Rico!) until the end of the season to see where we end up.
I agree with this. I think there is a reasonable amount of ability within the squad. We just have a headless chicken as manager. We'll go down for certain under KC so let's just see whether there is any improvement with Sammo in charge. He was OK before with, I would suggest, a slightly inferior squad.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #916 on: February 10, 2021, 13:59:36 pm »

You really think we can win on Saturday  Grin
Not a snowballs chance in hell.
Only because it will mean he gets longer.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 10, 2021, 14:05:57 pm »

Thought there was effort but not much else
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 10, 2021, 14:10:29 pm »

Spot on.
This is what I thought might happen second half. I was hoping Curle would allow them to play it through midfield a bit more (perhaps he did?). Morris is better at this than McWilliams and Watson is the best we have in an advanced position in the absence of a Holmes.
I absolutely agree that we should play 442.

4 4 2 for me too
Report Spam   Logged

OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #919 on: February 10, 2021, 15:10:25 pm »

I think this tweet from @NTFCanalytics on Twitter sums it up:

"The following ranks how we are performing in L1 in many categories, all stats are per 90.

Goals: 24th
Possession: 22nd
Shots: 21st
Crosses: 23rd
1v1 Dribbling: 23rd
Touches in oppo penalty area: 24th
Corners for: 24th
Corners Against: 2nd most
Passes: 24th

Change needed.

#ntfc"

Absolutely shocking across the board. Curle can say what he likes about being able to turn it around, but he would have to fundamentally change the way they play - which both he and the players are not capable of.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: