The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:34:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Relegation Watch 20/21

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relegation Watch 20/21  (Read 46697 times)
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2021, 17:10:36 pm »

On Bristol Rovers' Gas Chat they see themselves staying up at our expense .... should they beat us: "Still chance, looking at Northampton's fixtures, if we can beat them I can't see them getting another point".

Big 6-pointer.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2021, 17:50:00 pm »

On Bristol Rovers' Gas Chat they see themselves staying up at our expense .... should they beat us: "Still chance, looking at Northampton's fixtures, if we can beat them I can't see them getting another point".

Big 6-pointer.
Yes, Joey has worked wonders with them since his arrival!  Grin
Also, JFH's Staffordshire honeymoon is over... hopefully his team are going for a Burton!
Need them to get a draw on Resurrection Monday though!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2021, 19:04:17 pm »

I would prefer Burton to beat Swindon on Monday as they are going to have to badly collapse to fall back into the bottom 4. Swindon's last 3 home games are against Posh, Portsmouth and Ipswich but they also have to visit fellow strugglers Rochdale, Wombles and Wigan.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2021, 19:06:57 pm »

I would prefer Burton to beat Swindon on Monday as they are going to have to badly collapse to fall back into the bottom 4. Swindon's last 3 home games are against Posh, Portsmouth and Ipswich but they also have to visit fellow strugglers Rochdale, Wombles and Wigan.

I agree. I think Burton are out of the mix now and we should look at hoping they do favours for us.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2021, 21:58:41 pm »

Well we are now averaging exactly a point a game. Keep to that and we get 46 points? Having looked through the fixtures it’s fairly possible that every single game will have something riding on it? As run ins go it is absolutely brutal, so 46 points would be a huge achievement. I’m not sure that’s enough, but Bristol Rovers is massive. I think if fit we need to be playing Sheehan in a back 5 in some of these fixtures? I know that’s kind of returning to the Keith Curle mindset, but we shouldn’t discount it for that reason because it has a place. Pick the games we want to go for such as Bristol Rovers, Blackpool and Gillingham, and hope the clean sheets we have been getting gets us across the line? Jones and Horsfall are going to be absolutely vital for us. Let’s just hope Sunderland turnover The Poo up next and Charlton, and by the final game they may have nothing to play for? Either way, this failing to turn up for games like at the Wombles has to stop because we are out of chances. Don’t mind if we lose as long as the players have to crawl off the pitch on their hands and knees because they’ve nothing left? Last season we were often average until the last couple of games, all we need to do is repeat that?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 05, 2021, 16:02:42 pm »

Back to 4 from 6 again now? Burton won to re-establish a cushion over the chasing pack....
A win too for Bristol Rovers, a draw for Rochdale, and defeats for us, Swindon, Wombles and Wigan.

18. Burton Albion     P 38   Pts 45   GD -14
19. Northampton     P 40    Pts 39   GD -24
20. Swindon Town    P 39   Pts 37   GD -24
------------------------------------------------
21. Bristol Rovers     P 40   Pts 37   GD -24
22. AFC Wimbledon  P 38   Pts 36   GD -25
23. Wigan Athletic    P 39   Pts 35   GD -27
24. Rochdale            P 38   Pts 33   GD -22

Coming up on Saturday, some big games!!

Accrington Stanley  v  AFC WIMBLEDON
Doncaster Rovers  v  WIGAN ATHLETIC
Fleetwood Town  v  ROCHDALE
NORTHAMPTON TOWN  v  BRISTOL ROVERS
Portsmouth  v  BURTON ALBION
SWINDON TOWN  v  Peterborough United

And next Tuesday, we are without a game but....

AFC WIMBLEDON  v  Ipswich Town
Doncaster Rovers  v  BURTON ALBION
ROCHDALE  v  SWINDON TOWN
WIGAN ATHLETIC  v  Sunderland

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3429

« Reply #386 on: April 05, 2021, 16:33:57 pm »

I'm not sure I can cope with this.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2021, 19:15:31 pm »

Whichever 2 manage to stay up can count themselves lucky. 12 games over easter the bottom 6 managed the grand total of 7 points. We are 19th on 39 points and would be firmly in the bottom 4 in both the championship or division 2. 19th placed team in the championship have 43 points and 19th placed team in division 2 have 45 points.
All teams in division 1 bottom 6 have a goal difference of -22 or higher in division 2 19th placed Mansfield -6, 20th placed Walsall -7 and 21st placed Barrow -3, what a difference.
Today ourselves, Wimbledon, Wigan and Rochdale all failed to have a shot on target.
I cannot see any of the 6 reaching the so called magical 50 point mark as they all now need about 2 points per game. The bottom of the table is so poor it would not surprise me to see a team avoid relegation with a point per game. In all likelyhood we will an extra point as our goal difference will worsen if we have similar results to today at Posh and Sunderland.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2021, 19:19:20 pm »

The Mrs is always calling me a Drama Queen so, I’ll live up to my un-deserved and inaccurate reputation and say ....
This Satdee is definitely make or break. With Swindon’s tricky Pish game, a win for us against Brizzle will be a huge, and I think ultimately successful, step towards survival!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2021, 19:20:56 pm »

Donny have lost their mojo though so expect a Wigan 3 pointer on Satdee!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
guest49

« Reply #390 on: April 05, 2021, 19:21:13 pm »

I think it is becoming more and more apparent that something will be riding on the final game. Either we’ll need something and/or we’ll be relying on other results to find out our fate. Good job it’s only Sunderland away  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 05, 2021, 20:09:22 pm »

Donny have lost their mojo though so expect a Wigan 3 pointer on Satdee!
Lost their Manager, Moore...if not Mojo!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 05, 2021, 20:26:05 pm »

To me its becoming more apparent that you won't need 50 points to stay up this season....there no way that four of those sides will get 49!
All those sides below us would need 4 wins each.....and that isn't going to happen (Rochdale would need five!)
Wondering if 46/47 is the more realistic target in which case we need two wins and two draws from our last six games.

Blackpool are on fire at the moment (unbeaten in 13) so that's no gimme, a win over Bristol Rovers is a must now as I can't see where we'd get 8 points from otherwise.

Last day of the season, whilst we are at Sunderland who could need a win for promotion, Wigan and Swindon will meet at the DW......so at least one of them is going to get points.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #393 on: April 05, 2021, 20:54:25 pm »

To me its becoming more apparent that you won't need 50 points to stay up this season....there no way that four of those sides will get 49!
All those sides below us would need 4 wins each.....and that isn't going to happen (Rochdale would need five!)
Wondering if 46/47 is the more realistic target in which case we need two wins and two draws from our last six games.

Blackpool are on fire at the moment (unbeaten in 13) so that's no gimme, a win over Bristol Rovers is a must now as I can't see where we'd get 8 points from otherwise.

Last day of the season, whilst we are at Sunderland who could need a win for promotion, Wigan and Swindon will meet at the DW......so at least one of them is going to get points.

It’ll be a good achievement to get 8 points from the last 6 games, if that’s what’s needed. Agree on Saturday. If we don’t win that we’re going to struggle.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 05, 2021, 21:10:43 pm »

So 6 games to go for some, and still 6 teams fighting to avoid the bottom four places.....

Going to be tough for Rochdale and Wigan, Swindon not much better off, its still in Wimbledon's hands with five games left at home including two big 6 pointers, Wimbledon and Rochdale have three home games in a row....then they meet each other.

You could look at these fixtures and see where Wigan could pick up 10 points, or Wimbledon could get 12.....I can only see us getting 6 though.....

Here are the remaining fixtures involving the big six!

Saturday 10th April

Tuesday 13th April

Saturday 17th April
AFC WIMBLEDON  v  SWINDON TOWN
BRISTOL ROVERS  v  Lincoln City
Peterborough United  v  NORTHAMPTON TOWN
ROCHDALE  v  Accrington Stanley
WIGAN ATHLETIC  v  Crewe Alexandra

Tuesday 20th April
AFC WIMBLEDON  v  Oxford United
BRISTOL ROVERS  v  MK Dons
NORTHAMPTON TOWN  v  Ipswich Town
ROCHDALE  v  Blackpool
Shrewsbury Town  v  WIGAN ATHLETIC
SWINDON TOWN  v  Portsmouth

Saturday 24th April
Crewe Alexandra  v  ROCHDALE
Gillingham  v  NORTHAMPTON TOWN
Ipswich Town  v  AFC WIMBLEDON
MK Dons  v  SWINDON TOWN
Portsmouth  v  BRISTOL ROVERS
WIGAN ATHLETIC  v  Burton Albion

Tuesday 27th April
AFC WIMBLEDON  v  ROCHDALE

Saturday 1st May
AFC WIMBLEDON  v  Portsmouth
BRISTOL ROVERS  v  Crewe Alexandra
Hull City  v  WIGAN ATHLETIC
NORTHAMPTON TOWN  v  Blackpool
ROCHDALE  v  Doncaster Rovers
SWINDON TOWN  v  Ipswich Town

Saturday 8th May
Blackpool  v  BRISTOL ROVERS
Lincoln City  v  AFC WIMBLEDON
MK Dons  v  ROCHDALE
Sunderland  v  NORTHAMPTON TOWN
WIGAN ATHLETIC  v  SWINDON TOWN
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 21:13:07 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #395 on: April 05, 2021, 21:16:56 pm »

So 6 games to go for some, and still 6 teams fighting to avoid the bottom four places.....

Going to be tough for Rochdale and Wigan, Swindon not much better off, its still in Wimbledon's hands with five games left at home including two big 6 pointers, Wimbledon and Rochdale have three home games in a row....then they meet each other.

You could look at these fixtures and see where Wigan could pick up 10 points, or Wimbledon could get 12.....I can only see us getting 6 though.....

Here are the remaining fixtures involving the big six!

Saturday 10th April

Tuesday 13th April

Saturday 17th April
AFC WIMBLEDON  v  SWINDON TOWN
BRISTOL ROVERS  v  Lincoln City
Peterborough United  v  NORTHAMPTON TOWN
ROCHDALE  v  Accrington Stanley
WIGAN ATHLETIC  v  Crewe Alexandra

Tuesday 20th April
AFC WIMBLEDON  v  Oxford United
BRISTOL ROVERS  v  MK Dons
NORTHAMPTON TOWN  v  Ipswich Town
ROCHDALE  v  Blackpool
Shrewsbury Town  v  WIGAN ATHLETIC
SWINDON TOWN  v  Portsmouth

Saturday 24th April
Crewe Alexandra  v  ROCHDALE
Gillingham  v  NORTHAMPTON TOWN
Ipswich Town  v  AFC WIMBLEDON
MK Dons  v  SWINDON TOWN
Portsmouth  v  BRISTOL ROVERS
WIGAN ATHLETIC  v  Burton Albion

Tuesday 27th April
AFC WIMBLEDON  v  ROCHDALE

Saturday 1st May
AFC WIMBLEDON  v  Portsmouth
BRISTOL ROVERS  v  Crewe Alexandra
Hull City  v  WIGAN ATHLETIC
NORTHAMPTON TOWN  v  Blackpool
ROCHDALE  v  Doncaster Rovers
SWINDON TOWN  v  Ipswich Town

Saturday 8th May
Blackpool  v  BRISTOL ROVERS
Lincoln City  v  AFC WIMBLEDON
MK Dons  v  ROCHDALE
Sunderland  v  NORTHAMPTON TOWN
WIGAN ATHLETIC  v  SWINDON TOWN

Hmm, not looking good, but you never know, stranger things have happened. Most of the others also have pretty tough looking run ins, especially Bristol Rovers game on Saturday!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #396 on: April 05, 2021, 21:29:33 pm »

Hmm, not looking good, but you never know, stranger things have happened. Most of the others also have pretty tough looking run ins, especially Bristol Rovers game on Saturday!!

As football isn't played on paper...like you say, you never know.

It could look better if we can beat Bristol Rovers, but they've been a bit of a bogey side in recent times. Here's hoping.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 05, 2021, 21:34:58 pm »

One game at a time for me but I wish we had an individual capable of creating a decent supply of chances or someone who actually looks like a likely goal scorer. We have neither. This team is over achieving to date.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #398 on: April 06, 2021, 07:04:55 am »

One game at a time for me but I wish we had an individual capable of creating a decent supply of chances or someone who actually looks like a likely goal scorer. We have neither. This team is over achieving to date.
One of our only players that can do that on his day is Mark Marshall, he simply has to start against gas.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 06, 2021, 11:34:10 am »

Apart from getting the odd good result none of the bottom 6 seem capable of putting together a run of decent results. So far this season they have played a total of 234 games and registered 47 wins, 1 win in 5. Should this be repeated over the remaining 42 games to be played they would manage another 8-9 wins between them.
On current form it is difficult to see 2 teams going on a run to escape and it would not surprise me to see teams avoid relegation with only 46-47 points.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: