The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:56:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Burton Albion (a)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burton Albion (a)  (Read 8504 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2020, 17:01:40 pm »

Everbrite, we played like most of have been asking for. Watson being dropped made a difference to the Midfield and Marshall’s inclusion gave us some attacking flair. We played it on the ground for most of the game and passed much better. You obviously didn’t read my comment pre match and pre announcement  of the sides ‘ I fancy Smith to score today’. They are obviously a team in disarray but I felt we looked much better. Let’s hope we do the same on Tuesday evening. I also agree with Madrid, Smith was running harder once he scored his first.

Course I did - true Gent and Supporter Grin  Never in doubt!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2020, 17:01:50 pm »

A very much needed 3 points but one swallow doesn’t make summer and I’m not wetting myself over it.
To have any chance of staying up we need to start producing consistent performances

We have been consistent so far this season
Consistently bloody awful

It’s a start
Now let’s build on it
A pensioner talking about swallowing and wetting himself...Mods???
 Grin
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2020, 17:04:40 pm »

Burton
Shrews
Wigan

Are all worse than us by looks of it.

I can't lie i started off being positive about Curle and after the FA cup and Stanley game was starting to lose faith.

Dont know where I stand now

Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2020, 17:08:27 pm »

A very much needed 3 points but one swallow doesn’t make summer and I’m not wetting myself over it.
To have any chance of staying up we need to start producing consistent performances

We have been consistent so far this season
Consistently bloody awful

It’s a start
Now let’s build on it

We just won an away game 3-1. Try your best to enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2020, 18:04:52 pm »

A pensioner talking about swallowing and wetting himself...Mods???
 Grin
Pensioner?Huh?
The rest is right though  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2020, 18:41:40 pm »

Did Burton play the "Goal" music after their pen? They did play it when the scored to make it 4-2 in the 90th minute in the FA Cup match in January.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2020, 19:08:25 pm »

Yes. Clough was staggered.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2020, 19:32:34 pm »

Well, I put my hands up, couldn't see us winning another game anytime soon the way we have been playing. Not could I see Smith getting a brace. I'm pleased as punch. I hope this can be followed up now with a decent few weeks to get us away from the drop zone.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2020, 20:48:59 pm »

Well, I put my hands up, couldn't see us winning another game anytime soon the way we have been playing. Not could I see Smith getting a brace. I'm pleased as punch. I hope this can be followed up now with a decent few weeks to get us away from the drop zone.

No mention of the playoffs?
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2020, 21:14:46 pm »

Credit where credit is due to Curle .
He picked McWilliams in midfield and was brave today .
Also not picking Harriman was a difficult move .
It came off and fair play to him on this occasion because Smith has also been under pressure
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2020, 21:40:43 pm »

I thought we played well today, I must confess I didn 't think we had it in us, shows you how wrong you can be. There were some good performances from Smith, McWilliams , Sowerby and Holmes, in fact no one had a bad game. Tim O was going to ask KC about Holmes injury but as usual he failed to ask the question. Hope he is ok for Tuesday, he's getting better with every game.

One other person who deserves credit is Garry Mills, I really enjoyed his comments.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2020, 23:52:15 pm »

Yes. Clough was staggered.
I bet he was. He's been manager of Mansfield for the past fortnight
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2020, 04:41:50 am »

Just finished watching the replay, thought we were really good. Marshall and Holmes were predictably brilliant but a special mention for McWilliams who I thought was exceptional at times. I almost dare not say it, but could it possibly be that the squad is not quite as bad as some feared? And if all that wasn’t enough the Poo & Plastics both got beat at home, I’ve got more spring in my step than Zebedee this weekend.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 04:43:57 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2020, 05:59:17 am »

Feel this is a significant win, and stops the rot. 3 vital points. Delighted for Harry Smith, who has taken a lot of stick (much of it unfair). He is unproven at this level but has a lot of abiilty, and that vital extra height, and could well become a regular goalscorer if we play to his strengths.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2020, 06:48:00 am »

Papered over the cracks for another week.

A good 3 points on in board, every little helps in a relegation scrap.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2020, 06:49:58 am »

I thought we played well today, I must confess I didn 't think we had it in us, shows you how wrong you can be. There were some good performances from Smith, McWilliams , Sowerby and Holmes, in fact no one had a bad game. Tim O was going to ask KC about Holmes injury but as usual he failed to ask the question. Hope he is ok for Tuesday, he's getting better with every game.

One other person who deserves credit is Garry Mills, I really enjoyed his comments.

It amazes me the questions that get missed out post match. Tim O spends 86 of the 90 means talking about Holmes then fails to ask a question on his injury. 
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2020, 07:52:23 am »

Think he was referring to the FA cup game in January
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2020, 09:09:08 am »

Papered over the cracks for another week.

A good 3 points on in board, every little helps in a relegation scrap.
This, it cracks me up, one win against a side that has been ravaged by Covid-19 and are clearly the worst team in the league.
We need to follow this up with another win against another poor side in Rochdale because after this we have some harder games to come  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2020, 09:49:58 am »

This, it cracks me up, one win against a side that has been ravaged by Covid-19 and are clearly the worst team in the league.
We need to follow this up with another win against another poor side in Rochdale because after this we have some harder games to come  Tongue

You can only play and win against what's in front of you. If you remember rightly early season we had up to 10 players injured, and we still beat Shrewsbury  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2020, 10:35:15 am »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up