The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:22:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Back in the grounds......

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in the grounds......  (Read 34119 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: November 23, 2020, 14:20:25 pm »

Breaking news......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

Will have to see where we fit in....my guess is we will be tier 2 post lockdown...... 2000 max.

4000 max in tier 1, so season ticket holders only for a while best case scenario. By the time you add the VIP's, sponsors, assessors, directors et al to the season ticket holder allocation there won't be many seats left.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 14:31:42 pm »

Interesting news, Northampton and Shire are on a (slow) decline of cases. Here is hoping we make Tier 1!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 14:42:02 pm »

Interesting news, Northampton and Shire are on a (slow) decline of cases. Here is hoping we make Tier 1!

Hate to be pessimistic, but I'd consider Northampton lucky if 'we' made Tier 2.

Daily cases per 100k are comfortably above the national average (260 vs 210, week to 16 Nov). They have only just started to show signs of levelling-off or falling, and this hasn't been sustained for long enough to give any confidence that it's the start of a persistent downward trend.

I'd imagine GPC's guess is right and we will sneak into Tier 2 as long as the fall continues and/or accelerates. Can't see N'ton in Tier 1 this year though.

All the same, it's great news and I'll definitely be there given the chance!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 14:51:54 pm by claretparrot » Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 15:12:17 pm »

Great news, though i agree with Claretparrot that Northampton maybe tier 3 until the new year, would be brilliant to get some fans back in though.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 15:30:06 pm »

Have seen on Twitter that the majority of areas will be in the higher tiers so wouldn’t be getting too excited just yet
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 15:34:04 pm »

It wasnt that long ago, that we nearly went into local lockdown (like Leicester), due to a large outbreak at a sandwich factory at Moulton Park. Marks and Sparks shelves were empty.
This information will have been recorded by the authorities. I doubt that we will have any decent crowds back soon. Be prepared for a season ticket lottery if we do.
And that will rule out a lot of people. I have known Geema for years. A loyal supporter. Yet never bought a season ticket. He will be upset. The brolly will be twiching.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 15:39:22 pm »

Indeed, the tiers are set to be "strengthened" and some areas that would have been in tier 1 previously are going to find themselves in tier 2 as the tier bands will be redefined.

From an NTFC perspective there is no financial gain for the club if 2000 fans are allowed back in.....they have the season ticket holders money already, and 2000 will not allow for any "walk up's" therefore no additional gate revenue. Any extra spending on car parking, food and drink, programmes and the like will be offset against the costs of stewarding and marshalling, and the reallocation of seating for everyone to ensure social distancing.

Even at 4000 there would not be many walkups, and certainly no away fans as of yet.....

It was often said that we needed crowds of 5500 to break even.....

This might help some of the fans in that they will get to see a bit of live football, but i'm not sure it helps the club at this stage.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 15:40:50 pm »

I can also imagine that a fair few season ticket holders, by virtue of their age demographic, will not necessarily be returning at this stage.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 15:55:18 pm »

From an NTFC perspective there is no financial gain for the club if 2000 fans are allowed back in.....they have the season ticket holders money already, and 2000 will not allow for any "walk up's" therefore no additional gate revenue. Any extra spending on car parking, food and drink, programmes and the like will be offset against the costs of stewarding and marshalling, and the reallocation of seating for everyone to ensure social distancing.
Mate, there wont be any extra spending on car parking, or food and drink. Or programmes. When the costs outweigh the benefits, then it will not happen. Its  a harsh reality but, this is life at the moment.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 16:06:29 pm »

Mate, there wont be any extra spending on car parking, or food and drink. Or programmes. When the costs outweigh the benefits, then it will not happen. Its  a harsh reality but, this is life at the moment.

I agree!
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 16:16:31 pm »

Tier 2 threshold was set at 100 cases per 100000, a look at some of the areas in Northampton suggests the figures are way higher than this, even the ground postcode itself in NN5 5QA has a current figure of 263.1 per 100k, which is higher than the current national average of 240.7
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2020, 16:53:43 pm »

I'd be amazed if we aren't in tier 3 after the current lockdown ends. As Deepcut says though, I go with my dad who's in his eighties. I'll be "persuading" him not to start going again just yet, even if we are allowed back in. He'll be in the first couple of bands to get the vaccine so should get it before Christmas anyway. We've waited this long, waiting another few weeks (plus however long it needs to kick in) won't hurt.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 17:04:33 pm »

Without away fans or indeed, being able to travel, the thought of returning to Sixfields for what would amount to a Tinpot Trophy versus Fulham U21s atmosphere is hardly appealing!
I can hear the players shouting to each other on I-Follow, thanks!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 17:07:45 pm »

Tier 2 threshold was set at 100 cases per 100000, a look at some of the areas in Northampton suggests the figures are way higher than this, even the ground postcode itself in NN5 5QA has a current figure of 263.1 per 100k, which is higher than the current national average of 240.7
I was born in NN5, and without sounding nasty, most of the people on the estate were elderly. With other health conditions. I moved away 30 years ago, but still kept in contact with one of my mums old neighbours. Every time I ring her, she tells me who has passed.
I believe this may account for the number higher than average for the area.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2020, 17:26:49 pm »

I'm 73 and if I was to be offered a seat at a game I would happily give it up to someone younger who is less likely to be seriously ill if they catch the virus. That of course is assuming I can still watch it free on ifollow. The club will no doubt let us have their thoughts on it soon.

As I understand it tier 1 would be 4000 or 50% capacity so we wouldn't have 4K anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 17:55:50 pm »

Season ticket holders won't be allowed. They have already paid and can watch it free on ifollow. It is the other punters that need to get in to increase revenue.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 17:57:51 pm »

I'm 73 and if I was to be offered a seat at a game I would happily give it up to someone younger who is less likely to be seriously ill if they catch the virus. That of course is assuming I can still watch it free on ifollow. The club will no doubt let us have their thoughts on it soon.

As I understand it tier 1 would be 4000 or 50% capacity so we wouldn't have 4K anyway.
Exactly the same for me!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 18:10:05 pm »

Season ticket holders won't be allowed. They have already paid and can watch it free on ifollow. It is the other punters that need to get in to increase revenue.

Wow, makes business sense, but could you imagine the reaction?!
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 18:54:03 pm »

I would think a rather unlikely scenario? For the sake of discussion and perhaps wider interest, my somewhat unqualified and unreliable interpretation would be that season ticket holders would be entitled to a full refund perhaps less the cost of an Ifollow subscription? Force Majeure conditions if relevant may be applied to games already played? FYI
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/cma-to-investigate-concerns-about-cancellation-policies-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic/the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-consumer-contracts-cancellation-and-refunds
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 18:57:10 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2020, 18:55:12 pm »

If that’s what needs to be done to maintain good housekeeping and maintain the clubs stability I would imagine most ST holders agreeing in these turbulent times
As many ST holders on here constantly remind us it’s not important what division we are in so long as we have a club.
If allowing non ST holders in to save the club I can’t see anyone complaining
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: